Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,449 members, 7,954,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:49 AM

How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? (6348 Views)

Is Feminism 'Un-African'? / I Hate What Feminism Has Become / Is Feminism Really Un-african? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by Theblessed(f): 5:34pm On May 23, 2009
Hi Michelin

Quite sorry about this.  I have been pushed quite alot here by this kind of people.  So many annoying people on here who don't understand that this is a forum.  They basically logon just to provoke others and cause trouble. 

I have tried so many times to ignore them but it seems they won't stop therefore, I promise you in case of next time because there will always be, I'd just restrain myself and walk away without bitting back.   

Once again, sorry!

Regards,

Theblessed
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by tubabie(f): 5:36pm On May 23, 2009
@Topic
I would not answer yes or no. Saying feminism has succeeded in Nigeria(indeed in the world) is subjective.
The need for feminism arose because women wanted equality.While some men and organisations have felt remorseful and saw reason to the movement, but they would only budge if the position or situation isn't the most important or allow it just for propaganda sake and making up quota.
I for one believe that for balance to exist in the world, male and female activities and roles should be complementary and based on competencies and capabilities rather than sentiments( i wont deny that despite obvious suitability most women still lose out because of the gender factor).
Most forms of discrimination campaigned against by the feminist movements are are normal rights we as women should have, yes but the average Nigerian woman am afraid is content with the way things are while praying for a change save for a few who take the bull by the horns.

I am a lady and see feminism as a constructive movement that can make our societies a better place to live in but like most sensible initiatives, it is being derailed.

On a final note, i don't think there can ever be gender equality because believe me you cant do everything a man can do and vice versa, our psyches differ and we respond to our surroundings differently. I would say our Nigerian women should quit trying to do everything a man does in the quest for equality , instead they should focus on their strengths, know their rights and exercise them, be more organised remembering that men have a head start, and being comfortable and outstanding in what they do.
You never know, it may be the men's turn to cry "gender inequality" in 150 years time. grin
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by rasputinn(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2009
Theblessed:

Hey 'D I C K ' HEAD!!!!!

shocked shocked shocked shocked
You stand ignored
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by MaiSuya(m): 9:26pm On May 23, 2009
tubabie:

@Topic

On a final note, i don't think there can ever be gender equality because believe me you cant do everything a man can do and vice versa, our psyches differ and we respond to our surroundings differently. I would say our Nigerian women should quit trying to do everything a man does in the quest for equality , instead they should focus on their strengths, know their rights and exercise them, be more organised remembering that men have a head start, and being comfortable and outstanding in what they do.
You never know, it may be the men's turn to cry "gender inequality" in 150 years time. grin

A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!! grin

only wish they would listen. . .
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by TexasR: 10:59am On May 24, 2009
Tubabie's post was very apt & objective,good to see we still have decent & objective sistas in the house
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by oyinda3(f): 6:17pm On May 24, 2009
tubabie:

@Topic
I would not answer yes or no. Saying feminism has succeeded in Nigeria(indeed in the world) is subjective.
The need for feminism arose because women wanted equality.While some men and organisations have felt remorseful and saw reason to the movement, but they would only budge if the position or situation isn't the most important or allow it just for propaganda sake and making up quota.
I for one believe that for balance to exist in the world, male and female activities and roles should be complementary and based on competencies and capabilities rather than sentiments( i wont deny that despite obvious suitability most women still lose out because of the gender factor).
Most forms of discrimination campaigned against by the feminist movements are are normal rights we as women should have, yes but the average Nigerian woman am afraid is content with the way things are while praying for a change save for a few who take the bull by the horns.

I am a lady and see feminism as a constructive movement that can make our societies a better place to live in but like most sensible initiatives, it is being derailed.

smiley smiley
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by C2H5OH(f): 6:18pm On May 24, 2009
Not so successful duhhh.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by eldee(m): 7:24pm On May 24, 2009
@topic
How can anyone say Feminism in Africa is successful??

Do you know 12-year old girls are still being married off by greedy parents??
Do you know some women still count themselves as incomplete till they get married??
Which other continent do we hear B.S like, women shouldn't talk while men discuss??
Some families still tend to will inheritance to only male children.
There are some churches that only allow male clerics and pastors, infact religions are usually sexist.
Some families only educate sons.
It's perfectly legal in Nigeria to pay men higher than female counterparts going the same job and that's the main problem.

Gender equality is not about doing the same jobs, it's about educating women to have the right to choose what jobs the want.
It's not supposed to be about bullying men, it's about breaking the gender glass ceiling.

We have a black US President in America doesn't mean racism has magically disappared, does this mean that the Jesse Jacksons should relax?? It only means it's harder to prove that you've been discriminated against on basis of your ethnicity.

Even the UK still has feminists?? Why?? To make sure there's pressure on the society to move towards the politically correct society.
Nigeria still has a looong way to go.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by chiogo(f): 8:16pm On May 24, 2009
Feminism has not been half successful in Africa, in my opinion. Heck, it's not fully successful in the west either.

I am no feminist but kudos to the feminists. However, I think the reason feminism will take a long toll in attaining much success in Africa is that most females take it to the head hence finding it difficult to differentiate between feminism and misandry. While some females have become so used to male domination that they don't even encourage their fellow females who fight for that cause. Rather, they are scorned as being foolish. How can you succeed when your fellow females think you're foolish to question what is considered the norm? - male domination.

This is why I don't wanna be entangled in the whole feminist thingy. I'd rather work hard and earn my stripes but if I feel mistreated, then I'll see the need to scream 'feminism'.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by eldee(m): 8:46pm On May 24, 2009
chiogo:

This is why I don't wanna be entangled in the whole feminist thingy. I'd rather work hard and earn my stripes but if I feel mistreated, then I'll see the need to scream 'feminism'.
Look at Page 1 and tell me these guys should be allowed to continue with these values from the 1700s
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by chiogo(f): 9:00pm On May 24, 2009
eldee:

Look at Page 1 and tell me these guys should be allowed to continue with these values from the 1700s
I did look at page 1. Yes, they're ignorant but who's going to stop them? definitely not me. All women can really do to emphasize on their feminism is work hard and prove that they're also equal to the task. Feminism sometimes, to me is like black people screaming about slavery and the rights denied them back then. Fine, slavery is over now so it's up to one to strive to assume whatever profession they desire and they are free to cry racism when it's denied to them although they're just as qualified as the rest. Feminism cannot work if some women actually believe they (women) are inferior and should be subordinate to men.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by eldee(m): 9:58pm On May 24, 2009
chiogo:

Feminism cannot work if some women actually believe they (women) are inferior and should be subordinate to men.

Feminism will work if strong women will first act as role models and then educate women to tear off that blindfold that makes them feel inferior to men.
It's a collective thing, but it will work if all women, and men come together to stop it.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by presido1: 11:23pm On May 24, 2009
Feminism?
This has broken many homes and will still do. One time about this feminism of a thing is that those women fighting for it did not define it very well. Yes you can fight for equality in your office or where ever you work but you cannot come into your family house to fight for it with your husband. Itz natural that your husband heads the family, itz not by his making but by God and the society. Feminism is still not achieved in the western world and i don't think they will in this century irrespective of how they try. Infact the campaign is not even as serious now as it was during the Beijing conference(Third Wave Feminism).

How many of you feminist can work up to a man and toast him? Many things need to be changed b4 any head way and i don't think you feminist can be able to do that.
1) If Men and Women are equal why change your name to your husband's after marriage, can it be the other way round? NO.
2) Why must it be the man to do the marriage rites(Nigeria and Africa in gen)
3) Women will start popping out the question "Will you marry me" or whatever.

Until all these and many more are addressed i don't think you women will achieve equality within the family system.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by chiogo(f): 2:08am On May 25, 2009
presido1:

Feminism?
This has broken many homes and will still do. One time about this feminism of a thing is that those women fighting for it did not define it very well. Yes you can fight for equality in your office or where ever you work but you cannot come into your family house to fight for it with your husband. Itz natural that your husband heads the family, itz not by his making but by God and the society.
Oh puhlease!! that's just an excuse controlling men use to bully their wives. Even some men who do not believe in God will make that same comment, "God made the man the head of the family". Right. but men with that mind set somehow forgot to read their roles to their wives also according to God, they only manage to read the 'head of the house' part. Abeg jare. No woman should be made to feel inferior regardless of the environment - office, home, wherever.

presido1:

How many of you feminist can work up to a man and toast him? Many things need to be changed b4 any head way and i don't think you feminist can be able to do that.
1) If Men and Women are equal why change your name to your husband's after marriage, can it be the other way round? NO.

Until all these and many more are addressed i don't think you women will achieve equality within the family system.

I don't know where you live but about the asking out comment, some women actually ask men out. Or have you surveyed every woman to know no woman has ever done it?

Nobody forces the man to do any marriage rites and no one is also stopping them from doing so. But how are you so sure all Nigerian men handle ALL the expenses in their marriages? some women are actually the bread winners in their homes but how will you know? the man will still take all the credit 'cause he's the 'head'.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by presido1: 9:31am On May 25, 2009
chiogo:

Oh puhlease!! that's just an excuse controlling men use to bully their wives. Even some men who do not believe in God will make that same comment, "God made the man the head of the family". Right. but men with that mind set somehow forgot to read their roles to their wives also according to God, they only manage to read the 'head of the house' part. Abeg jare. No woman should be made to feel inferior regardless of the environment - office, home, wherever.
Hez the head by default irrespective of what you women think. Remove the mindset of feeling inferior, Its only a foolish man will bully the wife cuz hez the head of the family and itz only a foolish woman will feel inferior in her own family.

chiogo:

I don't know where you live but about the asking out comment, some women actually ask men out. Or have you surveyed every woman to know no woman has ever done it?
Nobody forces the man to do any marriage rites and no one is also stopping them from doing so. But how are you so sure all Nigerian men handle ALL the expenses in their marriages? some women are actually the bread winners in their homes but how will you know? the man will still take all the credit 'cause he's the 'head'.
Some women!! might mean one out of one million and when something is at that proportion its not always the usual way. As for the second highlighted you can only have few cases where the woman in question is getting to monopause and will do anything to answer Mrs. otherwise itz the other way round.

Chiogo can you ask a man to marry you and change his fathers name to yours? wink wink
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by eldee(m): 9:32am On May 25, 2009
presido1:

Feminism?
This has broken many homes and will still do. One time about this feminism of a thing is that those women fighting for it did not define it very well. Yes you can fight for equality in your office or where ever you work but you cannot come into your family house to fight for it with your husband. Itz natural that your husband heads the family, itz not by his making but by God and the society. Feminism is still not achieved in the western world and i don't think they will in this century irrespective of how they try. Infact the campaign is not even as serious now as it was during the Beijing conference(Third Wave Feminism).
'God made man the head of the house' . . . this has been the main excuse for a majority of unreported crimes/assault in Nigeria.
God also says 'Thou shalt not steal', 'Love thy neighbour as thineself', but all those ones are not as important . . . we choose this one because it favours us . . . bullshit.

A thinker once pointed out that the reason why male dominance has been reproduced generation to generation is because of the fact that women never learn to stand up against it as their mothers, who should be role models are weaklings.

presido1:

That's one good point though . . . the problem with feminism in Africa is that women end to want to pick the best of both worlds
They want to be 'independent' but they turn back and marry a man that can 'take care' of them
It's funny how most female 'role models' in Nigeria rode to success on the backs of their powerful husbands . . .
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by MaiSuya(m): 10:10am On May 25, 2009
chiogo:

Feminism has not been half successful in Africa, in my opinion. Heck, it's not fully successful in the west either.

I am no feminist but kudos to the feminists. However, I think the reason feminism will take a long toll in attaining much success in Africa is that most females take it to the head hence finding it difficult to differentiate between feminism and misandry.

I've always maintained that many of those claiming to espouse feminism don't even know what the f**king word means! For instance take a look at I consider to be the real problem African women tend to face:

Prostitution, especially the forced one,

barbaric treatment of widows

sexism/sexual harassment in workplace or school

forced marriage of underage girls

right  to inherit her father's property

wife battering

Female gential muitlation, etc

Do you really need to be feminsist in this present day to to correct these ills? By no means do I deny that feminism as was meant by its founders had noble intentions behind it, given the horrific practices they were made to undergo during those period, and indeed, its very definition is proof of that. But like most good intentions, it has been subject to all forms of ridiculous extrapolations and interpretations.

In particular, is the nauseating penchant of some so-called Nigerian/African feminists to focus solely on the more extreme, destructive aspects feminism; those dealing with how to redefine the roles within the family union: why the woman doesn't need a husband t raise a family, if indeed she decides raise one in the first place; that the man is not the head of the house, God must have made a mistake when He made it so; that the woman should be the one to go the work while the man stays home to breastfeed the baby; and on and on they go thereby neglecting the fundamental issues that actually undermine the value of womanhood, some which I highlighted above.

I close with these quotes from some activists in saner climes, those who have experienced what the unbridled, unchecked hankering for feminism can cause:

This world, whatever else it is, isn't safe and you might as well build up your defenses in the man's backyard, where he makes the rules. You'll have to deal with him sooner or later. Sooner just might give you an edge.

Marita Golden (1950 - )
U.S. writer and teacher.

It would be futile to attempt to fit women into a masculine pattern of attitudes, skills, and abilities and disastrous to force them to suppress their specifically female characteristics, by keeping up the pretense that there are no differences between the sexes.

Arianna Huffington (1950 - )
Greek-born U.S. socialite and writer.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by chiogo(f): 4:30pm On May 25, 2009
presido1:

As for the second highlighted you can only have few cases where the woman in question is getting to monopause and will do anything to answer Mrs. otherwise itz the other way round.

Chiogo can you ask a man to marry you and change his fathers name to yours? wink wink
Yeah right, there are lots of women from rich families whose parents fund their weddings and the husband/his family make no financial contributions. It has to do with the individuals marrying each other. Even in Africa, you can't tell me the husband always pays for the wedding.

Regarding your questions, No and No: First of all, I'm no feminist and even if I was, I won't ask a man to marry me not because people think it's unorthodox but men can be trifling. you ask him to marry you and even if he accepts, you'll hear that song every time something goes wrong in the 'marriage' after all you were cheap to ask him first. WTF? I'm not ready for all that. I wouldn't change his father's name to mine because for one, I'm not really fond of my last name, it's just there. Now if I was fond of it, definitely. Or I'll answer both.

eldee:

They want to be 'independent' but they turn back and marry a man that can 'take care' of them
It's funny how most female 'role models' in Nigeria rode to success on the backs of their powerful husbands . . .
That's not true, that applies to only the hypocritical feminists. But who doesn't want a husband who would take care of her?. Of course, I'm sure feminists mean they will also take care of the husbands in return; that's the whole point of feminism:equality! Personally, I would prefer a husband who will take care of me even though I'm independent. Doesn't mean I won't take care of him too; one just needs to be assured that when things aren't going smoothly, their spouse is there to pick things up. I'm sure most men want independent women as wives, they just hate their wives exerting their power like they do. This is why you see some women who make more money than their husbands hand over their salary every month to their husbands. Trust me, I know Nigerian couples who do this personally. That is what controlling men like.

@Mai Suya, I honestly don't know if you were agreeing or disagreeing with my comment in highlight. Don't get the whole point of you quoting me.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by MaiSuya(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2009
@Chigo, agreeing? not really, its just that that particular line caught my attention, and I wanted to use it to drive home my point: those agitating for it dont know what it really is.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by AloyEmeka9: 8:47pm On May 25, 2009
Feminism cannot work if some women actually believe they (women) are inferior and should be subordinate to men.
I agree. It starts from the heart. What I found confusing though is why African women in the west espouse feminism like their fellow westerners yet they still keep the better part of African culture. I mean, every culture has it's ups and downs. The African culture also has it's own advantage on women but our feminists in the west sieved out the better part of it and joined it to the western form to achieve a full package. That is greed if you ask me.

For Eg:
The African culture expects men to be able to take care of their family financially and otherwise. These new generation African feminists want a man that will be able to foot their bills, do all that is needed from the man for a woman and at the same time will not be subjugated to his authority. They want their bills paid, their cars taken care of etc yet they want to act like the man of the house. Water and oil can never mix. It's either you say no to a man's authority, try and run your life without their excessive help like husbands do for their wives and be the whole feminists God made you to be. Western women have discovered that sacrifices will have to be made if a woman wants to live a fulfilling life as a feminist and their men draw similar map too because they have a right too. No wonder their divorce rate is 50% because there can never be 2 captains in a ship and there can never be anything like 50-50.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by presido1: 11:53pm On May 26, 2009
chiogo:

Regarding your questions, No and No:
Until women start doing that feminism can never be achieved.

Look any father that pays for a man to marry the daughter wants her out by all means. You will get all sorts of insult for being pushed away by your own family. But a father can take care of his son's marriage rites financially and the son/father will be proud of it. Thatz why Igbo's say(nwa nna na emere kacha ibe ya).

chiogo:

First of all, I'm no feminist and even if I was, I won't ask a man to marry me not because people think it's unorthodox but men can be trifling. you ask him to marry you and even if he accepts, you'll hear that song every time something goes wrong in the 'marriage' after all you were cheap to ask him first. WTF? I'm not ready for all that. I wouldn't change his father's name to mine because for one, I'm not really fond of my last name, it's just there.
Not only your husband will use it agaisnt you, even ur fellow feminist women(assuming u are one) will use it agaisnt u when the marriage goes sour. This is cuz its abnormal from the afro perspective. U women can use your energy to fight all those ills listed by me-suya and not equality with your husband.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by trhymes(m): 10:39am On May 27, 2009
You guys need to put heads together, you can do better than we males only
if you guys can stand up with force! cool
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by ifele(m): 12:55pm On May 28, 2009
Feminism is a form of sexist propaganda shit.believe

It is better for man to be superior to woman. It is safer. Feminism justified abortion citing women rights.

Millions of human babies have been murdered worldwide to establish female superiority. Since the 70s in America

ALONE 40 million babies have been systematically wiped out. Thats wholesale murder. So yu gotta kill a baby to

save a slut who did not want to use a condom. Save her from what. How can a man tell his wife to go kill a baby in

her womb? Thats evil sick. Feminist say they wanted equality now they want supremacy. Man, boy dont be the

bitch. TAKE CONTROL AT HOME. YU ARE A LEADER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.Women are weak, feeble, conniving asses.

Even the bitch knows it.So if yu got a problem with what I just said email me at shaarjo@yahoo.ca. Lets discuss it.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by toshmann(m): 2:55pm On May 28, 2009
feminism, feminism, feminism. what is feminism? can somebody define what he/she understands as feminism?
as someone suggested, women should focus on their strengths and excel in it.

what exactly is this gender discrimantion? if a woman is physically abused by, e.g her husband. what is that? feminist call itcrime against women, i call it DV and it is against her human rights (not necessarily feminist/gender rights) . if a woman is denied a job b/c she is a woman, that is against her rights as a human being. not just as a woman.

my point, if fundamental human rights are efficient, we wont need all these break-away rights groups like female rights, children rights, black rights, latino rights etc let human rights issues be effective and all these would vanish.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by babygurl19(f): 9:38pm On May 28, 2009
the man heads the home but woman make the rules, they have their way of manoeveuring the men to do what they want,isnt it ladies?

woman should not stress themselves with the feminism thingy, they should try to stand out wherever they are or in whatever they do and they will earn the respect they deserve.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by chiogo(f): 10:54pm On May 28, 2009
ifele:

Feminism is a form of sexist propaganda shit.believe

It is better for man to be superior to woman. It is safer. Feminism justified abortion citing women rights.

Millions of human babies have been murdered worldwide to establish female superiority. Since the 70s in America

ALONE 40 million babies have been systematically wiped out. Thats wholesale murder. So yu gotta kill a baby to

save a slut who did not want to use a condom. Save her from what. How can a man tell his wife to go kill a baby in

her womb? Thats evil sick. Feminist say they wanted equality now they want supremacy. Man, boy dont be the

bitch. TAKE CONTROL AT HOME. YU ARE A LEADER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.Women are weak, feeble, conniving asses.

Even the bitch knows it.So if yu got a problem with what I just said email me at shaarjo@yahoo.ca. Lets discuss it.

Please save your chauvinistic nonsense. How common are female condoms? How many females wear condoms? So, if a man and woman have intercourse and the woman gets pregnant, she's the slut while the man is what? your argument is baseless. Besides, how many married women go about committing abortions? women who commit abortion are usually single("dating"wink, in school, or too young. If you don't understand the topic, save the 'ifele' you just caused yourself by the crap you wrote.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by bawomolo(m): 8:08pm On May 29, 2009
my point, if fundamental human rights are efficient, we wont need all these break-away rights groups like female rights, children rights, black rights, latino rights etc let human rights issues be effective and all these would vanish.

your point actually supports feminism. Human rights aren't enforced, hence the need for break-away rights groups.

You guys need to stop whining. The discriminatory actions of men created the rebellious feminists.
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by nich(m): 2:30am On May 31, 2009
simply wondering, "what's the meaning of feminism?" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by MaiSuya(m): 9:07pm On May 31, 2009
Interesting link. It only goes to show how wide and complex the whole feminism thingy is. Just that in these parts, sadly, the struggle has been limited to how the woman can become the head of the family. . .

If only they knew better:

Married women are kept women, and they are beginning to find it out.

Logan Pearsall Smith (1865 - 1946)

British writer
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by toshmann(m): 7:38pm On Jun 01, 2009
bawomolo:

your point actually supports feminism. Human rights aren't enforced, hence the need for break-away rights groups.

You guys need to stop whining. The discriminatory actions of men created the rebellious feminists.

feminism is parochial. if the men were discriminatory, as u point3ed out, which is true, then those ills shouil;d be corrected in a broad way, b/c those men may have been discriminatory to other groups. let us face the issue as a whole. human rights. feminism has created a band of bandits in female anatomy who now feel they are owed a lot. just like naacp has done fo blacks in america.

analogy . . . . . . if fed govt fails, correct it, dont go about creating multiple state govts. correct human rights. we wont need anything else
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by chikeuz(m): 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2011
Mai Suya:

Interesting link. It only goes to show how wide and complex the whole feminism thingy is. Just that in these parts, sadly, the struggle has been limited to how the woman can become the head of the family. . .

If only they knew better:

Married women are kept women, and they are beginning to find it out.

Logan Pearsall Smith (1865 - 1946)

British writer

[/quote) ur chauvinism is so great; i have never seen the like. Feminism aint about who runs things in the family-on that i'ld say that the feminist is so against addition of an xtra woman: which i see is ur head ache (being hausa and all)-its about letting go of restrictions which makes life difficult for them
The civil rights movements of 60's gave the blacks equal right with the whites not greater than them
Re: How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? by orble: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Theblessed:
LONG LIVE FEMINISM!!!  LONG LIVE THE SUFFRAGETTES!!!! 

FOR GIVING ME THE VOTE AND FREEDOM TO DO AS I PLEASE.

WITH THIS IN MIND, THE SONS OF ADAM CAN GO TO HELL

WITH THEIR CONTROLLING WAYS AND ABUSES OF WOMEN. 

THANK GOD, I PERSONALLY HAS BEEN FREED FROM THEIR

BONDAGE.  HOWEVER, I WORRY ABOUT MY SISTERS, THOUGH!   

ONCE AGAIN, THANKS EVERSOMUCH FEMINISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh many men are damn!

This is why I can NEVER support feminism.

O daughters of Eve and Jezebel, I hope ur god is a feminist or female (maybe with a tail )

May God save us from the wroth of viscous women and girls.

embarassed:-$

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Reasons Ibadan Is Better Than Lagos -hashimyussufamao / My Take On Source of Yorubas from Benin As A Bini Nairalander / Eze Ukoha Remains Ezieogo Of Ebem — EODU, Backs April 8 Chieftaincy Conferment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.