Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Knowledge Is Power...acquire It By Reading. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knowledge Is Power...acquire It By Reading. (911 Views)

God First - Ugandan Lady Shares Pics Of Herself Reading Bible Wearing Only Shirt / Has There Been Anyone Who Became An Atheist By Reading Arguments On NL? / Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knowledge Is Power...acquire It By Reading. by Howoheye: 6:33am On Nov 19, 2015
This thread is created under 'Religion' because the target is to enhance "Godly living".
However, it'll help us to balance up some other areas of life.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Knowledge Is Power...acquire It By Reading. by Howoheye: 7:33am On Nov 19, 2015
FOR COUPLES AND THOSE ABOUT TO MARRY.

Apostle Williams wrote:

To my brothers; carry your wife to bed when she sleeps off in the parlor, make her feel like a baby at times. The truth is, every woman wants to be treated like a 2yrs old girl at times, that's why women behave childish or silly at times.
You may have an argument with your wife and the next thing is that you will see her putting her bags outside the house, it doesn't mean she is asking for a divorce, she is just being childish, she simply wants
you to hold her, look her in the eyes and say "I am sorry for the argument". That's women for you. Every brother needs to study in the
university of women before getting married, read books about them, learn
what the Bible says about them and you will hardly have a problem with them.
Though you will still have some problems, because a woman is always a woman and her imperfections are there. So, read books about
marriage, an ideal home, child upbringing, importance of marriage and the
likes. Don't just jump into marriage with an empty head about matrimony, you will have problems. How many men can tolerate their wives nagging let
alone shouting? It's said that, you should be quiet when your spouse is angry, when one person is fire, the other person should be water.
Brothers, when your wife steps on your feet intentionally or mistakenly, don't let your eyes turn red, just smile at her, if she did it intentionally, she is just playing with you, if she did it mistakenly, its not her fault. So why shout at her over every small mistake? As a man learn to ignore some things, don't be petty. Some men are so feminish. Do hide and seek with your wife, sing poems for your wife in the garden or inside the house, even
if she is teasing you. Assist her in the house chores, pound yam/cassava
(fufu), fetch water, don't just be commanding her everyday. Bath together with her, wake her up for prayers, swim with her if it's available, cook together, teach her how to cook if she doesn't know it. Cooking is not the ticket to Paradise. It's not only a feminine duty.
Use blind folds to cover her eyes and tickle her, scare her at times, call her from work/ school, text her, write "I love you" in a small note and put it under her pillow or in her purse or in her bathroom or in her cosmetics box or inside her cupboard. Kiss her always, cuddle her, pamper her
and play with her hair. Always tell her, she's beautiful and that you're
happy to have her as your partner.
All these are part of being romantic. When a woman tells you that you are not romantic. It means you are not doing all these things, its not the romance in the bedroom she is talking about. That's why, you brothers have to study "women's language" it's a 10 year course. Lol.
Now sisters, it's also part of your duty to be romantic too. Shyness doesn't mean you should be shy to express your love for your husband.
Send sweet text to your husband at work/school, sometimes even if you are in the room discussing with your husband, still be chatting with him on social media (Facebook, Whatsapp, Viber, Imo, etc) even though he is right in front of you, it's fun! You should be chatting wit your husband, not other men on social media networks.
Buy flowers for him. When eating, give him the biggest meat. At times, bake cake for him to surprise him. Sisters, use your soft voice to sing for him, be creative, a poem like (twinkle, twinkle lovely spouse, how I wonder what you are, up above my world so high, like a diamond in my heart). Sing poems for him, no shyness there. One day, when your husband has gone to work, quickly clean the house and do the chores, cook his favourite dish, arrange it in the dining table, clean the cleanable and dust the dustable. Wow! That's what being romantic is about, in fact his love for you will increase.
Don't just be welcoming your husband with an angry face because there is no money in the house,God is our provider. Don't welcome your husband with your body smelling maggi, don't only play with your husband when he takes his salary. Welcome him with a warm hug always, and when he is going to work, pray to God to return him safely.
Support him, advise him, wipe his tears, be grateful to him, it's not easy to be a man, when you see his faith depreciating, encourage him, don't threaten him that you will seek for divorce, don't compare him with other men, don't describe women to him, buy gifts for him too, wash his clothes for him, sing for him, praise him in a way that he wouldn't think of a second wife, be the best cook, wash his car, dress him up, give him injection when he is sick. Wake him wit a peck and don't by complain about his snoring.. Ask him to teach you about God.
Sometimes, spare him of women troubles. It's said that, be good to your wives, be like a kid to her but when things get tough, stand up and act like a man. Let kiss be the messenger between you. Read books on intimacy, don't learn it from what you see in movies.. Most of what you see are prohibited. Call your husband with pet names or cute names. Though you can also call him by his name even if he is 20yrs older than you, as far as
he is comfortable with it. Remember that, God said, men are the protectors and maintainers of women. So respect him and honor him even if he is younger than you. Marriage isn't a bed of roses but a bed of sacrifice. It's said that, there is nothing better for two people who love each other than marriage. To fall in love is a disease and its cure is to marry the person one is in love with. Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion and the romance and you find out u still care for that
person.
Finally, married men, divide your nights into 3: one for yourself(sleeping), one for your wife and one for your Lord.. That's the best night one can ever have.
MAY GOD GIVE YOU ALL THE BEST IN MARRIAGE.
As for the bachelors and single ladies too, May God grant US the spouses that will bring coolness to your eyes and heart! AMEN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowledge Is Power...acquire It By Reading. by Howoheye: 8:10am On Nov 19, 2015
U add him on FB. •U check his photos •He Drives A Range Rover Sport 2015 •He confirms •He inboxes U •U reply, all excited •U'll want 2 hook up •U set a date •U dress up wth dat Legging Wit No underwear •Smell gud •U put on a make up - fresh breathe & new weave •He takes u 4 lunch @ Hotel Africana •He Takes u 4 Drinks At Nandos •U 2 av a gud time •He rubs ur hand •Makes u laugh •Gives u luks & smiles •U fall in luv •It's lyk u've known him 4eva •He takes u to his apartment •He makes u feel comfortable & lays u on his bed •Kiss u passionately •U luv his aggression, strength, power & you give in •It feels gud •U know it's wrong, but it feels gud •U ask 4 protection, he says it's too late •U obey & don't disturb •He says he luvs u •& u don't hesitate to say u luv him too •after, he goes 2 d kitchen to get a glass of h20 •He helps u drink it, ohh man •U feel special •"He must be the 1", u think 2 urself •U get dressed •He takes u 2 d taxi park •He kisses u on d chick & says •"I had a great time" •Gives u 100k •U smile & say •"See u 2moro babe" •He stays silent •Ur taxi drives away •In d taxi u can't stop smiling •U get home & inbox him that u got home safe •He is online, but doesn't reply •It's unlike him, so u inbox him again •He doesn't respond •Minutes later u can't find him on ur friend list •HE BLOCKED YOU •Days, weeks, months passes by •U start feeling sick, weak, loose weight, act strange with sores in ur mouth •U go 2 d clinic •Get tested •Minutes later •Nurse walks in."I'm sorry. You're HIV Positive & Pregnant"! •HOW? •U don't understand •Reality hits u •U walk home •Scared •Confused •U lay hopeless, emotionless •U see death coming nearer •U look in2 d sky & mumble a prayer
Don't be that girl! Live well. Stop Chasing Material Things. Be A Girl You Want Your Daughter To Be! Fear God, Live to please Him.
Re: Knowledge Is Power...acquire It By Reading. by God2man(m): 12:20pm On Nov 20, 2015
Interesting.
Re: Knowledge Is Power...acquire It By Reading. by Howoheye: 10:31am On Nov 24, 2015
RELATIONSHIP & SEX.

One of the greatest headaches of many young ladies in relationship is the issue of sex. While they find themselves entangled in love, they also would not want to offend God by fornicating. Meanwhile, most young men of today are always demanding sex before marriage as a proof of love. If a lady denies her boyfriend (fiance) sex, he tends to think she either does not love him or she is seeing another guy. And this throws the lady into so much confusion. She genuinely loves the guy but wouldn't want to give in to sex. If she denies him, she may lose him and if she gives in too she disobeys God. Sorry to our ladies.

Gentleman, please know that it is absolutely a lie from the pit of hell that if your fiancee
does not give you sex it shows she doesn't
love you. How can you use sex as a LOVEOMETRE? Have you never slept with ladies you didn't truly love? If you haven't, then let me tell you that many people are having sex with people they never love. And the men are themselves the worst culprits.
If sex is a proof of love then we have to conclude that prostitutes love all the men they
sleep with.
If sex is a proof of love then we have to go about sleeping with our best friends and
even family members to show how deeply we love them.
Even married couples, do not have sex
to prove their love. They rather have sex
because sex is part of marriage and it is meant for both procreation and recreation - child
birth and enjoyment. Don't you know that there are married couples who are not genuinely in love but they still have sex as a matter of duty or just for cover-ups?
Surely, sex plays a major role in love affairs. But Eccl 3:1 says, "For everything there is
a season..." It is never the right season
to have sex in a relationship. This is because sex is a blood covenant between husband and wife not boyfriend and girlfriend. Gen. 4:1 says, "Adam knew his wife". It does not say "Adam knew his girlfriend".
Stop going that far with the lady. If you
want to know about a woman's love for you,
sex is never the answer. Leave her alone to serve God right for your own sake if you truly want to marry her.
Song of Songs 2:7 says, "I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelle...that you AWAKEN NOT LOVE UNTIL IT IS TIME".
The gazelle is a very swift animal. It runs at least 96 km per hour. Bible compares
romance to the gazelle. If you start romance at the wrong time you may crush because you will not be able to stop it from running your life at top speed. So until you are married, don't AWAKEN LOVE. Sex has been the main reason for most broken hearts and disappointments.
Sex is called love-making because it involves the body, soul and spirit. Do you want your soul and spirit to be tied to somebody who is
not married to you? Can you stand the
consequences? Mr. Young Man, hear the Bible:

"O my son, O son of my womb, O son of my vows, DO NOT SPEND YOUR STRENGTH ON
WOMEN, YOUR VIGOUR ON THOSE WHO
DESTROY KINGS." (Prov. 31:2)

Sex before marriage can destroy you, even your Christian life. The funny thing is that it is the Brothers in Christ who are always
worrying the Sisters in Christ for sex. So God says, "My son...son of my vow". You are a son
of God so don't waste your energy on women.
You should rather be teaching her chastity and help her serve God well.
Seeking love from sex is like looking for Jesus in an empty tomb. Take it easy. When you marry you will be fed up with sex. Your wife
will be chasing you with it and you will be
running away, saying, "Oh I'm tied, why?". Take time okay, there is more sleep after death. How many rounds do you want? Wait patiently. It will soon be laid at your doorstep and you will notice how stupid it is to chase sex when you are not married.
If you want a woman to prove her love
to you, allow her some space to be herself.
Do not force your will on her or control her. Her love, by nature, will push her to do things that will signal to you that you are her top priority.
She will be ready to marry you, than just have fun with you.
She will not be interested in you showering things on her but rather, she would want both
of you to set your life and future right. She will support your dreams and visions and help you build up your Christian life. In fact, she will exhibit the spirit of humility and you will also discover she is a precious jewel in a glass jar, reserved for you alone.
So from today, even if she herself brings sex, tell her..."Do not awaken love until it is time." And if you guys love each other, plan about marrying and submit your plans to God. He will bless it and put you two together as one.

#Shalom.
Re: Knowledge Is Power...acquire It By Reading. by Howoheye: 11:36am On Jan 07, 2016
Driving into a fuel station for a refill. The car has a fuel tank capacity of about 60 liters. While the pump attendant filled the tank, a motorcyclist also rode in to the second pump. Before I knew it, the motorcycle was full and the rider rode off while the car was still at the pump.

I got there before the motorcyclist but he left before me. It suddenly occurred to me that it would be absolutely silly of me to think "I got here before him. How come he is leaving before me?" Why? Our capacity is not the same.

The truth is there are times in life when we are stuck at the pump of divinity. Those who came in behind us have gone ahead of us; those who learnt from you seem to have outran you; those who graduated years after you are now the ones calling the shot and it seems as though you are stuck.

Could it just be that your capacity is bigger than theirs? Could it be that your own assignment needs longer preparation? Could it be that your character is being formed for the task ahead?

You do not know what you need. Only the One who designed the journey knows what is important. Why don't you hold on?

People will often say my mates are doing this.....
my mates have done that .....
my mates have this...
My mates are now....
But I'm still here doing, having, nothing

It is important to know that you spent nine months of formation in your mother's womb alone and you were given birth to alone even if you're a twin. Therefore never classify anyone as your mate.

God's dealings with/in your life is never an estimation of what is happening in the life of your friend or colleagues. God's dealing in your life is VERY PERSONAL and unique and should never be an estimation of physical and tangible things.

Take your gaze off other people's path and concentrate on the race, speedometers are different.
You WILL surely earn your own medal!
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Knowledge Is Power...acquire It By Reading. by Howoheye: 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
Buffalos kill 7 people every year.
Lions kill 500 people every year
Hippos kill 800 people every year.
Spiders kill 5000 people every year.
Scorpions kill 7000 people every year.
Snakes kill 10000 people every year.

Guess what?

Mosquitoes kill 2.7 million people every year.
The smallest of the above but the deadliest.

Small 'sins', hardly noticed by many, are the most deadly to your spiritual life.

Avoid excuses for not praying and allotting few moments of your day to your Creator.
Sins of omission are just as deadly as sins of commission.

White lies, gossiping, small lies, are committed more frequently and are deadly.
Mind those little compromises that you do daily.

Successful people have two things on their lips,
"Smile and silence".
Smile can solve problems, while
Silence can avoid problems.

Sugar and salt may be mixed together but ants reject the salt and carry away only the sugar.
Select the right people in life and make your life better and sweeter.

If you failed to achieve your dreams, change your ways not your Creator.
Remember, trees change their leaves, not their roots.

You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.

Haters will see you walking on water and say it's because you can't swim.

Even if you dance on water, Your enemies will accuse you of raising dust.

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your own hands.

Be wise and smart...............do have a fulfilling Friday.
Re: Knowledge Is Power...acquire It By Reading. by Howoheye: 8:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
It was another bright Sunday morning. For Sarah,
Sunday mornings were usually eagerly awaited.
A smile lit up her face as she remembered the
song that has been rehearsed the previous day.
She had been assigned to do the lead singing -
an opportunity many members of the choir
craved,especially on Thanksgiving Sundays.
The chiming of the grandfather clock in their
state-of-the-art living room broke her reverie. It
was already 6:45am.she was almost late for the
pre-service prayer meeting for workers. She had
a hurried bath and a quick bite. The service
would be longer than usual today but far more
interesting too. She quickly inspected herself in
the mirror and smiled in satisfaction.
Leaving instructions for the housekeeper, she left
the house. Thank God she didn't have to walk.
Daddy was out of town so she could go to church
in his car. The idea of driving straight to the VIP
parking lot was very appealing to her. Daddy, as
one of the Deacons, had a special reservation in
the VIP parking lot.
She got to church in time for the pre-service
prayer. Everything seemed solemn that day.
Members soon started arriving with various
materials for Thanksgiving. The sanctuary was
fuller than ever, as typical of Thanksgiving
Sundays.
The choir was soon invited to the stage to
minister and as always, the end of the song
threw the congregation into moments of wild
excitements, accompanied by thunderous
applauds and screams from the worshippers.
Sarah smiled within herself. She always did
better than any other person in the choir. They
descended the stage and took their seats as the
sermon began.
The pastor introduced the sermon for the day -
Sacrifice of Praise. He talked endlessly-or so it
seemed to Sarah and her like - on the essence
and importance of praising God and pleasing
him. He emphasised that beyond bringing money
and other materials for Thanksgiving, believers
were supposed to live God-honouring lives
everyday.
The sermon soon ended and it was time to pray.
As the prayer session progressed, Sarah and
other back-up singers released soft tunes of
worship songs from their seats. She was so
enthralled by the melodious harmony of their
voices.
Almost immediately, there was this chaotic
murmur of voices in the congregation. Sarah
opened her eyes and found a few people still in
the praying mood. But the majority were busy
looking in different directions. She could see
something in their eyes. Uncertainty. Confusion
or was it panic? And where was the pastor in all
of this commotion? Swiftly, she turned to the
pulpit area. He was not there! Where on earth
could he have gone leaving his congregation in
such disarray? A brief scan through the choir seat
revealed that some of them were also missing.
Even Matilda wasn't there but her crutches were
in sight. Where could she have gone without her
crutches?
By this time the whole congregation had been
thrown into utter confusion. Some of them were
seen in small groups, conversing in frantic
whispers. Many did not understand what was
going on. Sarah ran wildly towards the back of
the sanctuary. She had to find mama. Seeing the
swivel chair her mother sat on made her heart
skip a bit. It couldn't be! Mama was not in her
chair, only the bag she had come to church with
was there.
Next she made for the church nursery and found
all the cradles empty. She saw an old lady,
obviously one of the nannies, crying
uncontrollably. She tried to find out from her
where other nannies had gone and why the
cradles were empty. But the nanny couldn't utter
a word - only heartbreaking sobs. She dashed
back towards the main auditorium. She bumped
into Sam, one of her friends whom her mother
had consistently warned her against moving
around with. He breathlessly confirmed that
people were missing and there seemed to be no
trace of them.
She decided then to go home. As she made for
the gate, she saw Freda. Freda wasn't a member
of their church. In fact, mama had tried severally
to invite her for service, but she never agreed.
What was she doing at the church gate crying so
disconsolately? Sarah tried to calm down and ask
her friend what the matter was. And the only
thing she could muster were "That thing your
mother always talked to me about has
happened." Sarah was dazed. What was she
talking about? No, it couldn't be!
As quickly as her legs could carry her, she ran,
almost blindly to the house, forgetting the car
she came to church in. "Maybe mama is there,
maybe Daddy has returned from his trip, maybe
Pat and Jane where there too, maybe, just
maybe." The deafening silence that greeted her
as she walked into the living room which was
busy only few hours ago paralysed her. She
picked up her handset. She could put a call
through to mama. After a few trials, she
remembered seeing mama's bag in her swivel
chair behind the church. Calling Daddy was her
surest bet. Since he was out of town, there
probably weren't such disappearances where he
was. Ah! Daddy's number won't even connect!
As if drawn by some magnetic force, she made
her way to where the radio set was. She could
probably get some information from the news.
She turned on the radio and tuned. Just as she
was about giving up, she had a male voice
announcing the sudden disappearance of people
in every part of the nation and maybe the world.
He noted that most of them were Christians.

How will the day of the rapture be for you?
Will u be missing or be looking for saints who are already gone?
It is one thing to be aware, it is another thing to be ready.
Make your choice now that you still have the chance to. Still remember the song "Ijoba orun lere onigbagbo"?
Remain blessed!
Re: Knowledge Is Power...acquire It By Reading. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
Wao, I hardly comment on threads but I must admit that it's been awhile I read such lovely and inspired piece.

Thanks for sharing op

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Drop Your Phone Number For Daily Devotionals By Bishop David .O. Oyedepo / Is Islam A Curse To Earth? Imagine A World Without Islam / Church Member Builds 1 Billion Dollar Chapel For David Oyedepo In Lekkichurch Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.