Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Steady Electricity: FG Bans Importation Of Generator Sets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Steady Electricity: FG Bans Importation Of Generator Sets (690 Views)

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) / Generator Sets Take Over Filling Stations In Lagos / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steady Electricity: FG Bans Importation Of Generator Sets by GistStory(m): 6:58am On Nov 19, 2015
THE Federal government has banned the importation of a very common brand of generators locally called “I better pass my neighbour”.

The Controller, Federation Operations Unit Zone A, Lagos of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Madugu Sanni Jubrin, who disclosed this, yesterday, said:
“That is why they have banned it but people are still interested in smuggling them in, that is why we intercepted them. If you go to the market, you still see them because people have imported them before the ban. So it is the leftover they had before the ban that they are selling because the law did not backdate the ban and it is not an absolute prohibition. It is prohibition by trade which means you cannot bring it in large quantity and sell to the public. That is the type of prohibition we have on this but if you buy one piece, Customs will not seize it”.

Source: http://giststory.com/federal-government-bans-importation-of-generator/
Re: Steady Electricity: FG Bans Importation Of Generator Sets by ArodeTsolaye: 7:18am On Nov 19, 2015
This dullard sef...
Re: Steady Electricity: FG Bans Importation Of Generator Sets by veraponpo(m): 7:22am On Nov 19, 2015
That is not the reason. Stop misleading the people. It was banned just because of the health and environmental hazard reasons.
Re: Steady Electricity: FG Bans Importation Of Generator Sets by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 19, 2015
veraponpo:

That is not the reason. Stop misleading the people. It was banned just because of the health and environmental hazard reasons.

All generators have environmental n hazards.

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Election And Abubakar Audu’s Death: What Lawyers And The Law Say / The War On Terror: How About A Different Kind Of Weapon? / Most Popular Nigerians In The Year, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.