Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,405 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun (30209 Views)

Armed Robbers Storm First Bank In Ekiti, Police Officer Killed. Graphic Photos / Robbers Storm Mansion In Imo State, Loot Properties Without Mercy. Photos / Armed Robbers Storm Masters Filling Station Yola,Brutalise 3(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 19, 2015
Mariojane:
what are you saying? can't you see in the second picture one injured policeman they are helping into their van? if they are not there who injured him? Nigerians will always find people to blame for one thing or the other.
one minute you are praising them for arresting a criminal the next minute you will be condemning them for a mistake. the US you want to emulate did they tell you robbers don't rob and escape? you will just expose your dirty linen out for other countries to mock.

@the shield why don't you go give the weak police super power. yeye dey smell

is not just being there; what r they doing there? if they are there without strategy then they shouldn't be there.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by prospy04(m): 11:41am On Nov 19, 2015
yetseyi:

Is there a river in agbara?

Yes there is, and it connects to that bridge along Badagry express way.
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by yetseyi(f): 11:41am On Nov 19, 2015
prospy04:

Yes there is, and it connects to that bridge along Badagry express way.

Are you saying that they came out to the expressway, crossed and passed through the Lagos lagoon

When I saw river I thought there was another water body on the industrial estate side of the expressway

1 Like

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by coreninja(m): 11:41am On Nov 19, 2015
D news is real. What do u expect when our Nation is filled with high profile looters?
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by lemolemo: 11:42am On Nov 19, 2015
Our government is not interested in combating armed robbery. Way too many things they could do, one of them is the death penalty. Can't remember last time a condemned death row prisoner was executed in Nigerian. Last one was 2006 until 4 in 2013 according to Wikipedia. That is 4 execution in the past 9 years while in 2014 alone over 600 convicts got death penalty, that equate to over 5000 inmate awaiting death penalty. When you take up arms to rob violently including shooting policemen, innocent public and pregnant women as in that picture then if convicted death is appropriate. But our governors are dirty themselves, they rob with pen and get 100 times more than this robbers get.

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by zumbigbo(m): 11:46am On Nov 19, 2015
RIP...the wound on the pregnant lady's leg is too much. Not only does she have to carry full-term, she has to hobble around too as that large hole heals...

Some jackasses will come and spout that Naija is a great country. Unreconstructed horse manure.

We don pass ZOO and enter JUNGLE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by ontalenu1(m): 11:47am On Nov 19, 2015
erunz:
Reports just reaching Naij.com have it that suspected robbers have stormed banks at Agbara Industrial Estate, Ogun state and are shooting sporadically.

An eyewitness who sent-in reports disclosed that the men arrived the area at about 8:30am and started operating in some of the popular banks.

“Armed robbers are seriously operating in Agbara right now. They are heavily armed and are shooting anyhow. They have stormed some of the banks and people are running helter skelter,” he said.

https://www.naij.com/642135-just-ongoing-robbery-agbara.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
I can't still believe how the robbers got into that bank road cos its narrow and an industrial area. This same place has a giant tank which the mobile police use for patrol everyday still these guys got in there and wet scot free as for now. Hmm mm
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 19, 2015
erunz:
infomation have it that both zenith and gtb banks were affect and casualty figures are much

Were affected...... That should be a mistake right??
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by juman(m): 11:47am On Nov 19, 2015
warrior01:
The economy is biting hard and people are ready to do anything to survive. Where are we headed to?

Abi.
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by favourmic(m): 11:48am On Nov 19, 2015
Bobbystanley:
Buhari is just a badluck.

One thing is sure, Man must survive either by hook or by crook. Since he has refused to fulfill his campaign promises, He would never know peace.

My bible made me to understand that there's no peace for the wicked.

You're very stupid big time, so if your family is among those who get kill you we still be posting rubbish here? Who told you buhari we never know peace? The man that is enjoying his life receive sense bro

1 Like

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by prospy04(m): 11:51am On Nov 19, 2015
yetseyi:

Are you saying that they came out to the expressway, crossed and passed through the Lagos lagoon

When I saw river I thought there was another water body on the industrial estate side of the expressway

They came through Agbara market to Ilashe where the river is.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 19, 2015
delishpot:

They appear at night or evening time to pack innocent youths strolling down the street

That got me laughing....... Are you one of them??
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by ministeriallist: 11:53am On Nov 19, 2015
chocolateme:
Where are the security operatives? Police them, that pregnant woman OMG!
God save them oo.

FTC
Chocolate cream
You no see security operative in his pool of blood?
I advice all banks to start engaging more Police and Soldiers to Guard their premises.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by yetseyi(f): 11:54am On Nov 19, 2015
prospy04:

They came through Agbara market to Ilashe where the river is.

Okay now I get. Na wa ooo.
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by femmy2010(m): 11:56am On Nov 19, 2015
Why didn't the customs and immigration operatives in the axis help out the police to halt the progress of the robbers operation.
May God never allow us meet what would consume us as we seek our daily bread.
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by sammyxclusive: 11:59am On Nov 19, 2015
Flets:
Nigeria has gone to the dogs and no amount of propaganda can save her.

The rate of robberies in and outside lagos, the hardship, the sufferings, reduced power supply, fuel scarcity, increased bokoharam attacks, badly damaged economy, loss of jobs, political witch-hunting in the name of anti-corruption, small generator ban, poorly though-out TSA processes, IPOB agitation, pipeline explosions etc etc .... clearly shows we are headed downhill since May 29th.

Ambode the anointed one of Oba Akiolu of lagoon kingdom, his ogun state counterpart and the chief propagandist Buhari cannot do much to help themselves at this time. Failure is written all over them.

And if we are not careful, we will loose all the gains we've made in our democracy under 2 years.

So Buhari is at fault to ban I pass my neighbor, I pity it ignorance, u don't know the reason we have these bad electricity is cos of the high rate of the importation of generators, like life was not harder under your brothers watch when over 2billion naira meant to equip the army is been swallowed by Dansuki... You can't even see thing need to change, people like u blamed BRF wen Lagos was taking shape but now u are the one saying Ambode is spoiling the arranged bla bla... May God open your eyes of understanding. #blamegameshouldstop
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by MARKone(m): 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
lemolemo:
Our government is not interested in combating armed robbery. Way too many things they could do, one of them is the death penalty. Can't remember last time a condemned death row prisoner was executed in Nigerian. Last one was 2006 until 4 in 2013 according to Wikipedia. That is 4 execution in the past 9 years while in 2014 alone over 600 convicts got death penalty, that equate to over 5000 inmate awaiting death penalty. When you take up arms to rob violently including shooting policemen, innocent public and pregnant women as in that picture then if convicted death is appropriate. But our governors are dirty themselves, they rob with pen and get 100 times more than this robbers get.

You made a very sensible comment. I think during Babangida regime, public executions(firing squad) were televised live. Some parents back then who have stubborn kids, take them there to witness such executions, many change afterwards. Nigerians need iron hand, no need sugar coating it. Armed Robbers, Kidnappers Ritualists, Terrorists, if found guilty, should be executed immediately and publicly, no time, wasting scarce resources feeding them in prisons is not just it. Same should apply to rogue politicians.

5 Likes

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by Flets: 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
sammyxclusive:

So Buhari is at fault to ban I pass my neighbor, I pity it ignorance, u don't know the reason we have these bad electricity is cos of the high rate of the importation of generators, like life was not harder under your brothers watch when over 2billion naira meant to equip the army is been swallowed by Dansuki... You can't even see thing need to change, people like u blamed BRF wen Lagos was taking shape but now u are the one saying Ambode is spoiling the arranged bla bla... May God open your eyes of understanding. #blamegameshouldstop

The bolded is a clear case of stark ignorance and beer parlour gist. Let the FG ramp up power generation to 15,000MW and lets see how importation of generators can limit power supply.
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by Kassidy90(m): 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
theshield:

Cant blame any politician but the weak Nigeria police. It is very unfair to blame Ambode or any civilian for this.
Well i agree wit u
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by cy4ril: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
So those foolish Robbers successfully go free.

Where are those soldiers that mount/secure the banks and company at that premises?

When it comes to collecting money and bribe from Okada drivers, Nigeria police and soldiers will show their power and compromising their duties. There should have come and stage gunshot with those foolish arm robber.

May God help this country so called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by Spybradd: 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
Flets:
Nigeria has gone to the dogs and no amount of propaganda can save her.

The rate of robberies in and outside lagos, the hardship, the sufferings, reduced power supply, fuel scarcity, increased bokoharam attacks, badly damaged economy, loss of jobs, political witch-hunting in the name of anti-corruption, small generator ban, poorly though-out TSA processes, IPOB agitation, pipeline explosions etc etc .... clearly shows we are headed downhill since May 29th.

Ambode the anointed one of Oba Akiolu of lagoon kingdom, his ogun state counterpart and the chief propagandist Buhari cannot do much to help themselves at this time. Failure is written all over them.

And if we are not careful, we will loose all the gains we've made in our democracy under 2 years.

word...and the military aint helping matters,issueing threats to unarmed pro biafran/ipob protesters is now their pre occupation..
God hav mercy on that pregnant woman..

SPLIT NIGERIA NOW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by meforyou1(m): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
you will never see police anywhere such place. let it be defenceless IPOBians staging peaceful protests, they will start converging with armored tanks
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by rafcrown(m): 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
SOMETHING URGENT MUST BE DONE TO DEFEAT THESE HEARTLESS CRIMINALS/ANIMALS.
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by kingthreat(m): 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
lemolemo:

You're so onpoint on this. We need a government to combat armed robbery. Unfortunately, that will never happen if the banks don't wake up and protest against it by sabotaging operations in some certain states like Ogun state. As for Death Pennalty for armed robbers, there's an unwritten law that gives police the right to kill any confirmed armed robbery suspect. Even the ones that end up not been killed go through torture to wish for death.
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by Mikehell(m): 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
D RRS need to be checked,cuz dey are alwayz at d main junction opposite d agbara estate dt leads to d bank road....
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by slap1(m): 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
If you answer phone calls and pass bank, they will arrest you. When robbers come, they flee.
May God console the bereaved.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
erunz:
infomation have it that both zenith and gtb banks were affect and casualty figures are much
cry
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by Btruth: 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mariojane:
what are you saying? can't you see in the second picture one injured policeman they are helping into their van? if they are not there who injured him? Nigerians will always find people to blame for one thing or the other.
one minute you are praising them for arresting a criminal the next minute you will be condemning them for a mistake. the US you want to emulate did they tell you robbers don't rob and escape? you will just expose your dirty linen out for other countries to mock.

@the shield why don't you go give the weak police super power. yeye dey smell

Mariojane, Wetin I do you now?
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
theshield:

Cant blame any politician but the weak Nigeria police. It is very unfair to blame Ambode or any civilian for this.

why can't we blame politicians? What is their job? How are they helping the police officers? What happens to police officers that dies on duty? Would this happen a saner country and the police would be hiding? Lets be frank with ourselves. These guys have failed us and they should be accounted for it.
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by anderson1994: 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
This life is messed up, that could be anybody We can only beg God to protect us in this last days... That is the same place i go to for cash withdrawal or payment there are about 7 different banks there and industry's there..Sad to see what people result to this days all in the name of money
Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by nanoken: 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
It was like a war zone this morning at agbara.... Was on my to work when gun shots started.... The scene intense.... Fear in peoples eyes as they scampered for safety.... Birds filled the sky due to gun sounds.... I dint even kno when I jumped off the Okada that carried..... I ran like hell...... You needed to see what the robbers did to the armoured vehicle.... They shot all four tyres.... God saved the ppl inside the vehicle it was bullet proof wind screen.... The robbers actually shot at the glass but bullets dint penetrate.... Police everywhere now..... Helicopter in the sky

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun by Btruth: 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
ontalenu1:
I can't still believe how the robbers got into that bank road cos its narrow and an industrial area. This same place has a giant tank which the mobile police use for patrol everyday still these guys got in there and wet scot free as for now. Hmm mm

........I hope Mariojane will read this, because you are blaming everyone for blaming the police for not securing both life and properties of it's citizen. Nigeria Police needs to be well prepared for things like this such that when they are call, they will need strategies in confronting the hoodlums. If they need to be in the air, so be it, to chase those guys down and apprehend them. We need a tougher police force to protect us, not those one on the road parading and disturbing the peace of the innocent like what happened @ the Toll-gate in Ota on Tuesday night.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Arrested In India’s Biggest Ever Narcotics Seizure / I Sold Stolen Motorcycles To Feed My Wives, 35 Children, 18 Grandchildren / Picture Of Herbalist, Prophetess That Defraud Bankers Of N6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.