Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,824 members, 7,851,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:27 AM

Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? (3215 Views)

Poll: How do you feel about the possibility of a coup in Nigeria?

I'm afraid of it.: 35% (10 votes)
I'm in support of it.: 17% (5 votes)
I'm not bothered about it.: 46% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Pictures Of Looters In Nigeria/ Before And After Karma... / Jonathan Destroying Nigeria Before Handover – APC / Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by akintoso1(m): 9:09am On Oct 17, 2006
Military Coup: Very Imminent In Nigeria Before 2007?

The turn of events in the country is very alarming. There is both tension and confusion everywhere in the political scene and virtually every sphere of our economic life.The I.N.E.C is facing great threat and fear as the commission has totally lost confidence in the reality of the so-called 2007.

The state governors are facing one problem or the other, and one by one they are being eliminated completely off the scene.But the big question is , Whose agenda is all these

Don't you think the military is warming up again to take over the reins of power since politicians have completely bastardise the entire structures of the country and put aside the nation's constitution.In particular, which constitution are we using now in NIGERIA.

Can I get intelligent response from the forum on this issue?
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by ogochukwuk: 10:50am On Oct 17, 2006
with the way things are going in this country now ,we can't rule out the possibility of military staging a come back.
this will take us 30 years behind
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by Orikinla(m): 12:10pm On Oct 17, 2006
Orikinla has already written about it https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-27237.0.html
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by eunisam: 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2006
Men its very possible for the millitery to plan a coup, but how will Nigerian react? what will be the benefit if it?

For me its not gonna work b/cos it will be a great lost to nigeria. by the way how will the international body view it?.

I beg forget that coup all the General that will make it work are death.

Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by oge4real(f): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2006
it is true that the polity in the country now is alarming,but i do not think any right thinking General will be planning a coup considering the unpopularity of dictatorship in the world today.I sincerely think this is the right time 4 believers to pray because no matter how we view it,the end result of this political drama will surely affect us as citizens of this great nation.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by loluuu(m): 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2006
i have read through the post made by the first guy and others and i can understand ur anxiety and that of millions of other nigerians on this issue of flagrant disregard of the rule of law, outright undermining of the supremacy of the constitution by the political class etc. This is worrisome. While not holding brief for the military but as someone who has related with them over the years, i do not think the greater percentage of the Officer corps will want to embark on such an exercise now baring in mind the unpopularity of military in governance. most of the present day officers are dedicated proffesionals who, having pleged their oath of alleigance to the Federal republic of nigeria and the president, will not do it. except of course the few bad elements amongst them. but then, every sect of the society has bad elements so i believe we should put our minds at rest and pray, and also work towards improving our polity
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by BigB11(m): 2:11pm On Oct 17, 2006
I smell it coming. The current administration continue to give military regime legitimate reasons to come back and take over.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by naija4life(f): 2:17pm On Oct 17, 2006
Men since we are all in anxiety over whether they're coming back or not, we have to brace ourselves for the assault even though i know baba OBJ has compulsorily retired all milirary chiefs that are capable of carrying out such act.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by my2cents(m): 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2006
I personally feel that though a military coup is possible and indeed could happen, it would fail - After June 12 and 8 years of democracy (as bad as it may be) - I don't see the pple going along with it.

If the military attempts to do so, I unfortunately predict a backlash in the form of a bloody revolution. Our eyes don open pass wetin e be for 2nd republic. Either way, coup or not, Nigeria is sadly in need of mass cleansing of some sort. We can't keep putting new wine into old bottles.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by candylips(m): 2:32pm On Oct 17, 2006
People should stop predicting doomsday for the country. While what has been happening can trigger the thought. i dont see its possiblity . One of the reason is because OBJ has virtually crushed the Military and the boys that could be able to organise such a thing are either retired or dead
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by manakins: 3:01pm On Oct 17, 2006
Well i don't feel so b'cos we are still in a military democracy.
Check it out, the most vocal politictians are ex military boy's.
In plain language u are not right.I can promise u an EX- military
guy in civilian clothes would be the new president 2007.
Its just a MILITARY CONSTITUENCY in politics.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by BigB11(m): 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2006
Anything is possible in this society.

The same retired military big wigs could indirectly support the current active folks and make this possible in a matter of weeks.
Let's face the fact, the current administration continues to invite the military regime by their mismanagement actions (corruption from the top to the bottom and constant degrading of the law).

And if this coup takes place, as citizens of Nigeria, we wouldn't be able to do anything about it because the military folks will have enough substantial reasons for their action.

Think about it.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by Odeku(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2006
Will be back to contribute later. MR president is in charge at all level.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by lewa(m): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2006
Wan tun ti de-(they have come again). Arm chair civilians. OBJ de kampe. Coup how?
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by otokx(m): 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2006
soldiers and politicians are one and the same.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by superman(m): 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2006
coup! this mentality is sure thing of the past!  gone are them days! it all over and it cant get intelligent than that! who born monkie u think say these people no dey fear!

there is nothing like the word coup in nigeria! its old fashion! IBb uses that word coup to fool nigerians like when he said Abiola wouldnt last in the office for 90 days! abeg tell us why u canelled oh i forget anulled ha the election!

days of coup has gone !our half democrazy has come to stay! i lie
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by kellybaba(m): 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2006
As long as d Earth remaineth,Coup is a day-dream in dis present era.One may need to ask:Who will lead dis 'suicide' mission? How will it be sustained? How does it intend to attract international support?
Only whn diz questions are answered that any sane Army officer would attempt it.
Pls just realise that this is anoda phase in our search for DEMOCRACY.we r onli practising CIVIL RULE
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by superman(m): 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2006
days are gone ! coup? u will one day wake to realise that nigeria doesnt in anyway belong to some set of ppl! u will one day!

coup cccccccccccccc coup! good bye!
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by jydoh(m): 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2006
Nairalanders, fear not, cuz the men in Khaki will not return @ least till the next dispensation cuz "they" have broken there backbone with the demise of there Generals. "May dere Souls Rest in Peace". to plan a coup in the military you need strategic planning of months & Years.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by maxxdjinx(m): 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2006
A lot more is happening than we see so I guess we search beneath the surface for answers. Question. "Who stands to GAIN if and when this 'crisis' is resolved? Are we going to have Saviours or Sinners amongst our leaders?" That is the right question.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by shinystar(m): 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2006
It is difficult to see how this is possible. Look guys, let us not even mention military intervention. Let us not unwittingly give them reasons to take over. It is no longer fashionable and Nigeria has outgrown that.

How matter worse the democratic experience is, we are always better off. Let those toying with this idea jettison it. I suggest somebody is using this to test the water and know public mood towards it.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by LuciferFan(m): 9:03am On Oct 19, 2006
Some people are just rapping! Saying what they know nothing about.
Who tell you say all the soldiers wey fit plan coup don die? Some say Obasanjo has retired all the likely coup plotters. I laugh. Some say the military are scared. Scared of who? YOU? grin Some say military dictatorship is no longer fashionable. For where? As long as you do not go against the interest of the west, especially the US, you would be accepted! Musharaf of Pakistan is a good example. Gadaffi is now a new bride. There are several other military regimes all over the world. some say nigerians will revolt against the military ***I still dey laf*** In fact I am laughing and peeing in my pant at the same time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I bet you, nobody will revolt. When NLC called people out to demonstrate against the arbitrary increase in fuel pump price. An issue to touches every Nigerian directly, most stayed at home with their tails between their legs. Some even criticised the NLC president claiming the war was his. Tell me, who is feeling the pains more, Oshiomole? Let me tell you what would happen if there is a coup:
1. The Yorubas will rejoice, trusting that their Gani Adams will be granted pardon
2. The Igbos will dance and celebrate believing that there's hope for Nwazurike and others
3. The Hausas will praise Allah because their sons (Bamaiyi, Mustapha, CSP Danjuma, etc) will be released
4. The Niger Deltans will call the military the messiah because they would see a ray of hope for Asari and others.

So people should shout up about Nigerians revolting!
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by Orikinla(m): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2006
Well, the best regime we have had so far was a military regime. The regime of General Yakubu Gowon. I was a kid then. But I could tell that the government was fine and our economy was very good until Gowon was toppled.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by lewa(m): 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2006
Lucifer you disappoint me grin.You of all people should know whether there would be a military pusch or not.Afterall you know tomorrow to a reasonable extent abi grin,or you bi the fake one grin.
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by LuciferFan(m): 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2006
lewa:

Lucifer you disappoint me grin.You of all people should know whether there would be a military pusch or not.Afterall you know tomorrow to a reasonable extent abi grin,or you bi the fake one grin.

Hey Iewa
You want to know tomorrow, right? OK. Normally I don't make predictions but because we seem to be bonding, I will appear to you at night and reveal all you need to know. When you go to bed just make sure you don't place that book under your pillow and don't say those words. Promise?
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by superman(m): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2006
na waa oo! who says the devil arnt within us! u think say they de live in the outside planet! yes it good to talk ,
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by lewa(m): 11:59pm On Oct 19, 2006
Lubobo would we waiting-hope you wouldn;t mind some pleasures of the flesh grin grin when you are about visiting.Took some liberty to make your personal visit memorable grin, got you some westside gals grin,Chicagoans know what i mean grin
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by Odeku(m): 3:33am On Oct 20, 2006
DAMN Lewa you on point with that one, bobo tee slow, LOL
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by kambo(m): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2006
a military coup impending!
let's face it, there's is the civilized world(the west) and there's Africa- not any part
but black Africa,
say what u like, black africa is animalistic, so military coup likely?
yes,and very imminent, not even military coup, but full blown war,
u think were too civilized for that, dont make me laff, dont u guys read the news,
ok , we live without retrospect,
what has been nigeria history ever since independence?
the most nigeria has achieved for itself was campaigning for the british to relocate so that
the could do their thing.
fight for what the british stayed for( oil) but while the british developed the land,
46 years later, nigeria has NOTHING ,
not only NIGERIA , but black africa,
u think nigeria is too civilized for that( coup)
ghana has gotten to where is it , stable electricity, etc because ghana dont own it economy no more, its so privatised , jeez it sucks , they'v sold out to the west and ghana is heavily
in debt , besides their currency is useless on the world scale so is its development no superficial,
south Africa, is an exception cuz it was built and maintained by whites, the blacks are busy raping babies and doing violence , apart from those two what else does black africa have to show,
Nigeria is the giant of black Africa and as u can see we show a lot- a lot of negativity
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by superman(m): 3:12am On Oct 21, 2006
story! ur opinion ur veiws!

wonder how many years now the west have had the democrazy

so one can always anaylise and evalute!

god bless nigeria
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by candylips(m): 9:06am On Oct 21, 2006
rumor mongers lipsrsealed
Re: Military Coup Imminent In Nigeria (Before 2007)? by Jalal(m): 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2006
I dont think a coup will work again in Nigeria the people (masses) are still ignorant but much wiser than b4.
Nobody will support a coup in todays Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Teenager Wins British Parliamentary Debate / Nigeria's Iron Lady (new SEC Boss Arunma Oteh) Takes On Fraudsters in NSE / Unmasking The "kingpin Of Blackmailer" At Pointblanknews.com-jackson Ude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.