Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report (2866 Views)

Brother Of Missing Army Captain Marks His Birthday With Emotional Message. PICS / My Take On The Missing 105 Nigerian Soldiers - Cramjones / 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Fierce Gun Battle With Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by Monimatic(m): 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
The Nigerian Army has confirmed PREMIUM TIMES exclusive report on Boko Haram’s attack on Nigeria’s 157 Battalion attached to the Multi-National Joint Task Force in Baga, Borno State.
Citing a reliable military source, PREMIUM TIMES reported that at least 105 soldiers including their commanding officer were feared missing after the attack on Wednesday.
“Gudunbali was attacked this morning and some weapons were captured from the battalion. Two officers and 105 soldiers are still missing,” our source said.
“They captured a T-72 tank from the unit and some artillery weapons were also captured. The commanding Officer of the battalion is yet to be seen but no one has been confirmed dead yet,” our source said.

We also reported that soldiers of the Multi-National Joint Task Force stationed at Baga, Borno State were also attacked in Geringiwa, about four kilometres away from the headquarters of MNJTF.

The spokesperson for the Nigeria Army, Sani Usman, a colonel, who had earlier said enquiries on the matter should be directed to officials of the 7 Division of the Nigerian Army in Maiduguri, called our reporter after the story was published to confirm the incident.

“I want to confirm the incidence at Gudunbali but the details you provided were not correct, and Baga has never been attacked,” Mr. Usman said on telephone.

“The unit attacked is within the area of responsibility of the MNJTF and troops are now organising to counter the attack,” he said.
He said the Theatre Command of the 7 Division would provide the details of the attack during a press conference arranged later today in Maiduguri.

Mr. Usman however did not give any details to counter our account of the incident.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/193467-nigerian-army-confirms-premium-times-story-on-deadly-gun-battle-that-left-several-nigerian-soldiers-missing.html

Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by SosaMontana(m): 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by SosaMontana(m): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by Beremx(f): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
105soldiers missing?
This is too shocking to be true.

2 Likes

Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
shiiiiiit
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by bolabolakemi(f): 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
Missing 105 Nigerian Soldiers. #BringBackOurSoldiers trending in Nigeria. Is this karma 4 killing unarmed #Biafrans?
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by divinehand2003(m): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
If 105 soldiers are missing, how many boko haram members are dead? What's going on here?

2 Likes

Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by jerrywool: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
105 soldiers of the giant of Africa? in one attack? This is the biggest national disgrace ever!

#Bringbackoursoldiers

#BringBackGEJ

#PrayforNigeria

5 Likes

Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by manchy7531: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
biafrans be very careful. i suspect the zoo may be killing biafrans in the military in disguise....

our intelligence need to be monitoring the activities of the military closely.
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by Godfullsam(m): 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
This is not the first time this is happening, the missing Nigerian armies were boko boys sent to join the Nigerian force for training undecided.

Boko haram are every where ; in the government, military and neighborhood.
May God Almighty help us.
Amen
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by manchy7531: 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
meanwhile, this afternoon in Enyimba city the revolution continues, No going back

I fear/love my people

4 Likes

Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by dBard: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
Am still in shock..
105 Wen n how did this happen
All we've being getting in reports have been those of B.haram defeats, so how did this come about??

May God deliver us from all this bullish.it propaganda.
It's Enough.
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by boujaye: 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
Somebody should tell buhari as a matter of urgency, to drop the petroleum ministry and take up the defense ministry to himself. This is of a more priority than the petroleum ministry, lets ...

6 Likes

Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by DaBullIT(m): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
They probably defected, I do not see how a bunch of ill-trained boko haram members will capture 105

1 Like

Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by baralatie(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
DaBullIT:
They probably defected, I do not see how a bunch of ill-trained boko haram members will capture 105
bros! goggle the t-72 tank that is missing first!
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by chronique(m): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
Smh. I fear for the kind of news we'd start hearing in the next few days,with the capture of that T-72 tank in the possession of the boko boys.

1 Like

Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by unclejb2(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
Pls when is this clown called Buhari tendering his resignation?
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by baralatie(m): 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
@ibnsultan,@midolian
bikoharam now have in their possession cluster bombs and the lastest toy...........
a brand new T-72 armoured tank!
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by sammyj: 4:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
This is unacceptable. PMB should take drastic action and investigate what happened !!! angry cool
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by Chubhie: 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
Why are the troops abandoning duty and pledging allegiance to Boko haram under a General that saw war or warsaw in Biafra?

2 Likes

Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
Oh Buhari! I hope those missing soldiers are not from south south, southeast and Christians from the middle belt. I no trust Buhari.
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by olapluto(m): 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
MNJTF seems to always dash BH weapons ffs! The weapons captured from Bama have not been used up by BH, yet more seem to have been lost.
However, I do not believe 100 Nigerian soldiers will just die like fowl. These guys are actually SF unit, so I am pretty sure they only lost contact with the rest of the batallion.

1 Like

Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by Chubhie: 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
unclejb2:
Pls when is this clown called Buhari tendering his resignation?
I wonder why people are yet to take to the streets to boot out the clueless one with his photo op loving ministers.
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by Chubhie: 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
jerrywool:
105 soldiers of the giant of Africa? in one attack? This is the biggest national disgrace ever!

#Bringbackoursoldiers

#BringBackGEJ

#PrayforNigeria

This is a new low! But why is everyone mute in nigeria as if all is well? I don't understand!!!!
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by Chubhie: 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
chronique:
Smh. I fear for the kind of news we'd start hearing in the next few days,with the capture of that T-72 tank in the possession of the boko boys.
Oh my Gawd!!! People should start evacuating family members from Nigeria before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by yomalex(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmm this is.
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by yomalex(m): 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
jerrywool:

#Bringbackoursoldiers

#BringBackGEJ

#PrayforNigeria

They are MIA not dead(at least)
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by chesterlee(m): 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
Buhari has crippled our Military
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by applord: 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
angry
Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by papaejima1: 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
#SuperClueless

4 Likes

Re: 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report by hopeforcharles(m): 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
chronique:
Oly boy I Google am oh, that wicked weapon Bh guys don aquire now, imagine 105 soldiers missing plus 2 officers? What is happening in the country, soon u will hear a full fledged war from this guy's on Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army/Shiites clash:The untold story-Daily Trust / Photo & Profile Of Suspected Terrorist Behind New York City Bomb Blast Yesterday / Opinion For 2019 And What Yoruba Ought To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.