Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees (16157 Views)

Budget Padding: Saraki Inaugurates Technical Committee / Saraki Reshuffles Senate Committees, Tinubu, Marafa Get “juicy” Post / Full List Of The 8th Assembly House Of Reps Standing Committees & Their Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by oluwaSmith1(f): 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
The Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, Thursday, inaugurated 10 standing committees.

The inaugurated committees are:
1. Committee on Defence
2. Airforce
3. Agriculture
4. Niger Delta
5. Army
6. Navy
7. Police Affairs
8. Water Resources
9. Media and Public Affairs

10. Tertiary Institutions/Tertfund

In his address, Saraki urged the committees to take into consideration the proactive way of generating information that would translate into robust legislation for the country.

He noted that they should all sit up by attending meetings regularly so as not to delay what urgently need legislative attention, while adding that there were challenges everywhere, hence they should be ready to face it.

“This is a call to duty that all of you should be attending committee meetings as a commitment because of the challenging times that we are in,” he stated.

According to him,: ” security challenges have changed the pattern of the usual approach to a more sophisticated one, whereby the Senate would cooperate with all security agencies such Army, Police, Civil Defence, in order to confront them.” He noted that ”the determination of Buhari- administration in tackling insurgency requires collaborative effort,”he maintained.

Saraki expressed that the selection committee did a detailed job in selecting them based on professionalism and integrity, while admonishing them to shun corruption in the course of discharging their responsibilities.

“The selection committee took into cognizance their area of specialization and their integrity, so you should shun corruption at a times,” he noted.

Saraki assured the committee that the needed funds would be appropriated to them to enable them discharge their responsibilities.

He reminded them that they should work within the framework of the Senate’s legislative agenda which they all know is the template that guides the operations of the 8th Assembly.

“You are quite aware of the Legislative. Agenda of the 8th Senate was adopted, I want to urge you to work within that since it has become. Even the template we are all working with”, Saraki maintained.

In her response, Senator Banta Garba Mashi , Chairman, Senate Committee on Tertiary Institutions/Tertfund thanked the Senate President for his prompt action in the inauguration that were set to intervene in critical areas of the economy.

Speaking on behalf of others, she promised that they would work within the scope of their oversight functions.

The inauguration was well attended by topnotch executives of the relevant Ministries.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/19/saraki-inaugurates-standing-committees/

1 Share

Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by HungerBAD: 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
Anytime i see Saraki presiding.

This mental image of an Armed Robber, given the keys to the Bank Vaults comes into mind. What relevance are those committees?he has to compensate his hallelujah followers anyway.

This is taking too long, please get this fraud out of the Senate.

Operation implement "THE BANANA PEEL"underway.

20 Likes

Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by ify2016: 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
That's good. Hope say this thief no go inaugurate thief. Most Nigeria leaders are evil but dictates for good people.
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by DONSMITH123(m): 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
okay..
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by OnankpaBa(m): 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
good
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by demarc001: 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
Saraki the goner

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by 20bc(m): 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
Which one is police affairs, that one is irrelevant I think stomach infrastructure should be there also

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by kingsleyugwu: 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
Good News! Airtel Introduces ₦100 For 1GB Weekend Data Plan

http://www.learnerstools.com/2015/11/airtel-introduces-100-for-1gb-weekend.html?m=0
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by Newshint: 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
nice
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by FREEEMANAN(m): 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Irrelevant committees since 1999

undecided
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by BABANGBALI: 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
food don done be dat
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by Notion(m): 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
yepe
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by yyeanqah(m): 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
Do dha wrk......dats wot we want
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by naijapips02: 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
more cakes to go round. meanwhile the masses that baked the cake can't even eat the crumbs.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
undecided WHETHER HE LIKES IT OR NOT HIS DAYS ARE NUMBERED ON THAT SEAT UNLESS HE COMES TO BEG TINUBU IN LAGOS.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by nasty45(m): 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
They should do sth about power and fuel ish
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by Innodon(m): 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
I have seen them. Who head those committees?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by Notion(m): 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
I see
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by menix(m): 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
End Time Committees.

Make i go queue for NNPC station while waiting for names.
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
I am more concerned about the agricultural sector.
I hope they work hand in hand with the executive to create more employment and create more wealth for youths

www.nairaland.com/2097637/hidden-truths-plantain-farming-business
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by wachakuta(m): 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
Slowly buh surely saraki is a gooner
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by SosaMontana(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by pupsyd: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
@ OP, I thought u mean Airforce01 on number 2 grin
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by SHOPPERS(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
Haaa
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by kennyman2000(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmmmm... Standing committee indeed? Waiting for the wailing committee list.
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by Adonis86(m): 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nigeria, a country where things are abnormal. A public office holder standing trial on ground of corruption, and yet holding his office firmly while the trial lasts. Lesson : The outcome of the trial already known. God save the defenceless Nigerians.
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by Missy89(f): 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
Why not have a single committee for the armed forces and have sub committees for different branches undecided
Re: Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees by ifyalways(f): 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
Government of committee, probes and tourism. All they care about is enriching their pockets via dubious committees and appointments

When will the common man ever feel/ see this " change ?"

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Win Lagos In 2019, Says PDP / Seun Onigbinde: My Resignation Has Nothing To Do With Bashing I Received Online / Bandits Kidnap Ahmed Abdulkadir & His Daughter, Laila In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.