Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Help My Computer Recognize My Phone Please - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help My Computer Recognize My Phone Please (1257 Views)

Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? / Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi / Help! Pc Can't Recognize My Phone By Usb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Computer Recognize My Phone Please by chrislong(m): 12:51am On Nov 20, 2015
HI, HERE IS MY PROBLEM AN I NEE SOME HELP WITH IT PLEASE.

A WHILE AGO I NOTICE MY COMPUTER WAS NOT ABLE TO READ MY IPHONE PICTURES BUT IT WAS RECOGNIZED BY ITUNES. I KNEW IT WASNT THE IPHONE BECAUSE I PLUGGED IT TO A COUPLE OTHER COMPUTERS AND THEY DETECTED IT.

IT REALLY DIDNT SEEM LIKE A PROBLEM TO ME AT THE TIME CAUSE I HAD LITTLE NEED FOR IT.

HOWEVER I REALLY NEE HELP NOW CAUSE I GOT A TECNO CAMON C8 AND IT GOING THROUGH THESAME FATE. WHEN I PLUG IT IN, IT SHOWS "INSTALLING DEVICE DRIVER" BUT IT FAILS EVERY TIME AND NO MATTER HOW HAR I TRY IT DOES NOT SHOW MY FILES.

PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO SALVAGE THE SITUATION AS I HAVE A REAL NEE FOR IT AND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANKS
Re: Help My Computer Recognize My Phone Please by giftedben: 4:55am On Nov 20, 2015
You probably have installed so many phones drivers in your laptop before. So do these things. First unplug your phone USB cable from the computer. Uninstall any any phone PC suite you installed before. Like for example if you have Nokia PC suite, Samsung kies or even your iPhone iTunes. Then restart your computer and make sure your phone is on and don't let your phone display to off or better still don't let your phone sleep and make sure your computer is connected to Internet. Follow these procedures and all will be OK.
Re: Help My Computer Recognize My Phone Please by chrislong(m): 10:10am On Nov 20, 2015
giftedben:
You probably have installed so many phones drivers in your laptop before. So do these things. First unplug your phone USB cable from the computer. Uninstall any any phone PC suite you installed before. Like for example if you have Nokia PC suite, Samsung kies or even your iPhone iTunes. Then restart your computer and make sure your phone is on and don't let your phone display to off or better still don't let your phone sleep and make sure your computer is connected to Internet. Follow these procedures and all will be OK.

Thanks. Will try it. Appreciate the help
Re: Help My Computer Recognize My Phone Please by chrislong(m): 1:04am On Nov 21, 2015
giftedben:

I just tried it and I don't seem to notice any changes. Do you have an alternative prediction pls
Re: Help My Computer Recognize My Phone Please by giftedben: 8:03am On Nov 21, 2015
chrislong:

I just tried it and I don't seem to notice any changes. Do you have an alternative prediction pls
if the install process fails, you can manually update drivers. After connecting your device, go into Device Manager, locate the ADB/USB drivers, and right-click on them. In the context menu, choose “Update Driver”.
You’ll receive two options — choose “Manually Install Driver”. Next, choose “Browse my computer for driver software” and choose “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.” or you can Google Koush’s Universal ADB Driver works for every Android device, no matter how exotic. You will need to perform a manual installation in order for Koush’s driver to work.
First, download the Universal ADB Driver then run the executable package, which installs the driver. or
since you said you want to view or transfer file from your phone / system goto settings on your android phone look for developer option and enable usb debugg mode but you can also enable it when You connect your phone to your system a usb option will display in your phone screen enable it.
Re: Help My Computer Recognize My Phone Please by chrislong(m): 8:18am On Nov 23, 2015
giftedben:

if the install process fails, you can manually update drivers. After connecting your device, go into Device Manager, locate the ADB/USB drivers, and right-click on them. In the context menu, choose “Update Driver”.
You’ll receive two options — choose “Manually Install Driver”. Next, choose “Browse my computer for driver software” and choose “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.” or you can Google Koush’s Universal ADB Driver works for every Android device, no matter how exotic. You will need to perform a manual installation in order for Koush’s driver to work.
First, download the Universal ADB Driver then run the executable package, which installs the driver. or
since you said you want to view or transfer file from your phone / system goto settings on your android phone look for developer option and enable usb debugg mode but you can also enable it when You connect your phone to your system a usb option will display in your phone screen enable it.

Thanks for your help. Thanks a lot.
I tried going into device manager yesterday and I noticed it's blank. Probably is the basic cause of the whole ish. Been trying to fix it since then but no option working. Tried the plug and play and enum trick. None worked. Still looking out for other options but if I don't get I will have to use a system restore as a last option.
Thanks much

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! / Where To Buy A Good Qualilty Wireless Printer In Port Harcourt / Blog For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.