Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! (1262 Views)

Please, I Need Your Urgent Help! / Just cruise / Wow! Is This A Glo Promo, Mistake Or Data Awoof That Would Soon End?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by datigbogirl: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hello guyz i initially requested this type of laptop from konga with the following specifications:

LENOVO G50-80 Intel Corei7 5500U Processor 2.4GHz, 15.6’’ HD LED-Display, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR3 RAM, DVD RW, 2GB Radeon Graphics, Webcam, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11 bgn, 4Cell Battery, Win8.1, 1 YEAR WARRANTY.

SPECIFICATIONS

Operating System Windows 8 Professional (64Bit Windows 8.1 License, Media) English
Display 15.6 inch FHD (1920x1080) Anti-Glare WLED

Memory 8GB (1x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory 2 slots Max 16GB

Storage 1 TB 2.5inch Serial ATA (7,200 Rpm) Hard Drive

Graphics Intel Integrated HD Graphics 5500

Connectivity Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265AC 802.11ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0 LE Half Mini Card

Keyboard Internal Dual Pointing Backlit Keyboard (English, International)

Webcam 2MP Webcam

Battery Primary 4-cell 51W/HR Battery

Weight Approx 2KG

Ports 1 x Universal headphone jack

1 x VGA
3 x USB 3.0
1 x Network connector (RJ-45)
1 x HDMI

Memory card reader

Fingerprint Reader and Smart Card Reader (Contact and Contactless) (Dual Pointing)

But she then told me it was no more available and she has the following which she said is better, more expensive than the one i previously ordered and she will be giving me for the same price...I'm always cautious of such statements.

Lenovo ideapad Intel corei7

2.4ghz

1TB,8GB

webcam,wlan

bluetooth

dvd optical drive

2gb AMD Radeon graphics

backlit keyboard

15.6 inch screen

windows 10 home

She claims the 2G AMD Radeon graphics is better than the Intel graphics that after intel graphics work in the laptop it moves over to the 2G AMD Radeon but I'm always scared of anything AMD..

I've checked her claim but didn't understand most of the things i read hence I'm coming on here for further help and info.

Thanx....
Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by datigbogirl: 1:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
Sorry i 4got to add that she also said this one she's selling to me doesn't have Fingerprint Reader and Smart Card Reader (Contact and Contactless) (Dual Pointing)
Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by NZECJOE(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
AMD and Intel have battled for two decades, but in recent years the battle has become a bit one-sided. New Pentium and Core chips have slowly edged out AMD at a variety of price points.
If you have a high budget, then Intel is obviously the way to go. AMD just can’t compete with Intel’s best.
Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by Delphi(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
My problem is with AMD whether processor or graphics. I had a bad experience with such. Hence, I don't think AMD graphics is better. Never should an AMD anything be better than intel's. Please insist on what you want or seek for refund if you have paid.
Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by khalhokage(m): 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
AMDs main competitor in graphics is Nvidia, Intel graphics are rubbish.
Nvidia>AMD>>>>Intel
When it comes to processors Intel is better than AMD, Nvidia don't make CPUs.
Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by datigbogirl: 1:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
khalhokage:
AMDs main competitor in graphics is Nvidia, Intel graphics are rubbish.

Nvidia>AMD>>>>Intel

When it comes to processors Intel is better than AMD, Nvidia don't make CPUs.

To be honest that was what i also read on the net but wasn't quite quite sure...the bone of contention is d graphics which is AMD but the processor is still intel core i7....i wonder how a lenovo laptop can combine an intel core and an AMD Radeon graphics....2 different manufacturers in one lapton.
Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by khalhokage(m): 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
datigbogirl:

To be honest that was what i also read on the net but wasn't quite quite sure...the bone of contention is d graphics which is AMD but the processor is still intel core i7....i wonder how a lenovo laptop can combine an intel core and an AMD Radeon graphics....2 different manufacturers in one lapton.

That is very common practice, every system with dedicated graphics is either AMD or Nvidia, Intel graphics are basically just placeholders.

To make it clear to you, it's either going to have an Intel or AMD processor and if it has dedicated graphics then it's either going to be AMD or Nvidia no matter what processor it has.
Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by datigbogirl: 6:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
khalhokage:

That is very common practice, every system with dedicated graphics is either AMD or Nvidia, Intel graphics are basically just placeholders.

To make it clear to you, it's either going to have an Intel or AMD processor and if it has dedicated graphics then it's either going to be AMD or Nvidia no matter what processor it has.

Hello bro after some further intensive search I'm just finding out that the laptop she's offering me has a 3rd generation intel i7 processor while the initial one i wanted has a 5th generation i7 processor....what do you think bro....please guruz in the house should talk b4 i make mistake na!!!!
Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by khalhokage(m): 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
I can't tell you to buy a product i've never used, but on the generation of the processor, it doesn't matter much, I don't know what tasks you want to use it for, but I think it should serve you satisfactorily.
Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by iXavier: 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
datigbogirl:

Hello bro after some further intensive search I'm just finding out that the laptop she's offering me has a 3rd generation intel i7 processor while the initial one i wanted has a 5th generation i7 processor....what do you think bro....please guruz in the house should talk b4 i make mistake na!!!!

With the amount of money she will ask from you, do not buy a 3rd gen processor. It is already old replaced by 3 new generations(Intel is now in 6th gen processors) and of course newer is better in some cases.

For me, I buy my laptops futureproof so you buying something that has a 3rd gen processor now

About the dedicated graphics, it depends if you really need a PC with one.
What're your needs for the PC?
AMD has it's issues(rarely) but I still won't advice it.
Either you buy an Nvidia ie if you really need dedicated graphics for anything or you just buy a PC with Intel graphics.

Hope this helps?
Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by datigbogirl: 9:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
iXavier:

With the amount of money she will ask from you, do not buy a 3rd gen processor. It is already old replaced by 3 new generations(Intel is now in 6th gen processors) and of course newer is better in some cases.

For me, I buy my laptops futureproof so you buying something that has a 3rd gen processor now

About the dedicated graphics, it depends if you really need a PC with one.
What're your needs for the PC?
AMD has it's issues(rarely) but I still won't advice it.
Either you buy an Nvidia ie if you really need dedicated graphics for anything or you just buy a PC with Intel graphics.

Hope this helps?

My bro i feel you jarey...I've decided to just buy ds 50k mini-laptops...i actually need it for just my itunes download but started getting carried away with varieties i started seeing....

Minilaptops should be able to download itunes dat will sync with my ipad shouldn't it?
Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by iXavier: 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
datigbogirl:

My bro i feel you jarey...I've decided to just buy ds 50k mini-laptops...i actually need it for just my itunes download but started getting carried away with varieties i started seeing....

Minilaptops should be able to download itunes dat will sync with my ipad shouldn't it?

It should be.
Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by aloeman15(m): 9:15am On May 08, 2016
After all the stress. Lol.
In future-
Only serious, heavy gamers, or 3d program simulators, or realtime live or multimedia users need all that cpu and graphics power in a laptop.
And they're usually SO HEAVY no one carries them about.
If you need all that power- Best to invest in a desktop pc that gives you much more for much less cash.
Abi, house?

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Urgent Advise Before I Make A Mistake! by kleppur: 12:47pm On May 09, 2016
eyaa!

(1) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage,Mi,dammy Krane,patorinking visited lagos Government House Today +pic / 500gb External Hard Disk For Sale And 2gbram / Lenovo Corei5,4gb Ram,320gb Hdd... 30k sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.