Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? (794 Views)

Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / Mbadinuju's Defection: Apc Is Now A Rotten Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by AjaraEwuro: 6:11pm On May 21, 2009
All over NairaLand, people say Nigeria is this, Nigeria is that, is it then good to say all Nigerians are a product of a rotten system, hence all Nigerians are rotten, corrupt, 419, drug peddler and fraudsters.
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by blacksta(m): 6:17pm On May 21, 2009
;d angry
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by ikeyman00(m): 6:17pm On May 21, 2009
ur home !!!
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 21, 2009
undecided
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by SubMacGun(m): 6:31pm On May 21, 2009
I second the poster's motion

I was in Lagos in 2008 for a month. I was so shocked at the level of the corruption, i am not talking Government i mean people and it dawned on me no wonder this country is heading for the cesspit. You need to see the level of over invoicing in local and state governments. It also so had to do genuine business in Nigeria cause of number of people trying to rip one off.

What a joke
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by OneNaija(m): 6:38pm On May 21, 2009
Guy please bring solution. How can we move this country forward.I will be glad to see respond
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by MaiSuya(m): 9:08pm On May 21, 2009
- How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People?

the same way a rotten tuber of yam produces an 'unrotten' one undecided
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by AjaraEwuro: 9:16pm On May 21, 2009
Mai Suya:

the same way a rotten tuber of yam produces an 'unrotten' one  undecided

What is the meaning of this one?
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On May 21, 2009
Mai Suya:

Roflmao!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by tpiah: 9:19pm On May 21, 2009
Mai Suya:

there are different types of rot.
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by oderemo(m): 9:30pm On May 21, 2009
the answer is simple like in china you steal one dime of govt. moni , just one bullet . . just the thought of it is enough, was going Lagos on ekene from Abuja and news reached the driver of armed robbers operating around owo axis, old boy the thought of what will happen is enough for us to stay in the bush for 4hrs shivering till 5am in the morning. just the thought is enough.
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by hoeyeadoe: 10:10pm On May 21, 2009
Ajara, how helpful is it to rub it in.

Does your claim help us in anyway or should I ask what progressive steps you are taking concerning these ills of our society?
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On May 21, 2009
hoeyeadoe:

Ajara, how helpful is it to rub it in.

Does your claim help us in anyway or should I ask what progressive steps you are taking concerning these ills of our society?

I can bet you that millions of Nigerians have been taking "Progressive steps" concerning the ills of the society for years. If you ask the average Nigerian abroad, they will tell you of how they support most every single member of their family back in Nigeria. Is that not enough to lift a lot of people out of poverty, if that was really how it worked??
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by AjaraEwuro: 10:25pm On May 21, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I can bet you that millions of Nigerians have been taking "Progressive steps" concerning the ills of the society for years. If you ask the average Nigerian abroad, they will tell you of how they support most every single member of their family back in Nigeria. Is that not enough to lift a lot of people out of poverty, if that was really how it worked??

That is their family problem they are solving, how does that concern Nigeria or help Nigeria? If they like let them die of hunger, if they like let them send money to them, it is their family problem, they have to solve it, me as a person, I have no poor family member, I send no dime to noone. Beside, what is the relevance of your comment to the topic?
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On May 21, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

That is their family problem they are solving, how does that concern Nigeria or help Nigeria? If they like let them die of hunger, if they like let them send money to them, it is their family problem, they have to solve it, me as a person, I have no poor family member, I send no dime to noone. Beside, what is the relevance of your comment to the topic?

There “Family Problem” pumps BILLIONS OF DOLLARS into the Nigerian economy on a yearly basis. If they were to withdraw that money, you can imagine what the talk will be.

To understand the relevance of the post, you would have to read the post it was posted in response to. Something you ought to have done right before thinking of posting your retort above.
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by MrCrackles(m): 11:14pm On May 21, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

All over NairaLand, people say Nigeria is this, Nigeria is that, is it then good to say all Nigerians are a product of a rotten system, hence all Nigerians are rotten, corrupt, 419, drug peddler and fraudsters.

Do you need a voltage optimizer without a bypass switch plugging into you, before you can shut the fuc.k up?

Just a question Mr Poster who makes a half fraction of a 4-yr old's sense!
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by tpiah: 4:46am On May 22, 2009
Kobojunkie:

no, that isnt enough to lift people out of poverty.

Its enough to make them dependent on fast cash/foreign aid/their relatives overseas and not find other ways of pulling themselves out of poverty.
Re: All Nigerians Are Rotten - How Can A Rotten Country Produce Un Rotten People? by tpiah: 4:49am On May 22, 2009
Kobojunkie:

There “Family Problem” pumps BILLIONS OF DOLLARS into the Nigerian economy on a yearly basis. If they were to withdraw that money, you can imagine what the talk will be.

To understand the relevance of the post, you would have to read the post it was posted in response to. Something you ought to have done right before thinking of posting your retort above.

their family problems do NOT pump billions of dollars into the Nigerian economy. You people should stop deluding yourselves.

Western Union gives roughly the same figures for different countries including Nigeria and Mexico.

The people pumping billions into the economy know themselves and most of them arent politicians and neither do they need to reside permanently abroad.

(1) (Reply)

Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief / Produce Ibori And Attah! London Police Ask Efcc / Court Stops Anambra Pdp Congress!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.