Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Hull City(0) Vs Man United(1) On Sunday 24th May - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Hull City(0) Vs Man United(1) On Sunday 24th May (947 Views)

Poll: 3 final points are going to?

Hull City: 16% (1 vote)
Manchester United: 66% (4 votes)
Draw: 16% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Chelsea VS Sunderland (3 - 1) On 24th May 2015 / Sunderland(2) Vs Chelsea(3) On Sunday 24th May / Arsenal(4) Vs Stoke City(1) On Sunday 24th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hull City(0) Vs Man United(1) On Sunday 24th May by Cristalz(f): 6:50pm On May 21, 2009
It's the final day of the entire season, people.

Hull City, who are currently a point clear of 18th-placed Newcastle inside the drop zone, face United at the KC Stadium four days before the newly-crowned domestic title-holders defend their Champions League crown against Barcelona in Rome.  Sir Alex Ferguson has already indicated he will use the depth of his squad with nothing but pride at stake for his club.  .  .although most believe he will rest his first team for the UCL final against Barca.
Middlesbrough, who face West Ham United at Upton Park, need the Tigers to lose if they are to have a chance of staying up, while the Magpies have to record a better result than Phil Brown's men if they are to survive.  Sunderland could go down if they lose to Chelsea and both Newcastle and Hull win, meaning all three of the north-east clubs have a vested interest in the side Ferguson sends out.
It's all about the relegation battle now, and Hull really need to win this.

The current EPL champs don't have any stake in this game, so we will see a number of non-first teamers. However, Rio Ferdinand will definitely feature, 'cos he needs to reassure Sir Alex that he is fit to face Barca. Also midfielder Fletcher should play 'cos he will not be featuring in the game against Barca due to the red card he received in the UCL return leg against Arsenal at the Emirates.
United don't need to win.  .  .but they don't like to lose either!
Re: Hull City(0) Vs Man United(1) On Sunday 24th May by aieromon(m): 9:14pm On May 21, 2009
@Cristalz
me feels there was no need for you to open any losers' thread this weekend.Instead,why don't you open a goodwill/congratulatory message thread for the Barclay's English Premiership Champions 08/09 season cool
now,dats the shiznit,girl wink
Re: Hull City(0) Vs Man United(1) On Sunday 24th May by Phony200(m): 10:37pm On May 21, 2009
Welbeck, Macheda, Gibson, Kusczack et all to start, UCL 1st team to watch. No subs, even if we're 10 goals down grin
Re: Hull City(0) Vs Man United(1) On Sunday 24th May by dyabman(m): 6:28am On May 23, 2009
hull win pls
Re: Hull City(0) Vs Man United(1) On Sunday 24th May by switch47(m): 4:07pm On May 23, 2009
Hull (from): Myhill, Ricketts, Turner, Zayatte, Dawson, Garcia, Boateng, Barmby, Geovanni, Fagan, Halmosi, Folan, Mendy, Marney, Cousin, Kilbane, Featherstone, Cooper, Doyle, Hughes, France, Duke.

Man Utd (from): Kuszczak, Amos, Neville, Brown, De Laet, Ferdinand, Chester, Eckersley, Simpson, Fabio, Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Tosic, Martin, Drinkwater, Macheda, Welbeck.
Re: Hull City(0) Vs Man United(1) On Sunday 24th May by rasputinn(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2009
My prediction (more like my EARNEST prayer) manure trounces hull and Newcastle draws with Villa so hull with that their irritating hamas-propagandist of a coach,phil brown will be relegated while Newcastle escapes the drop.

That would really be soooooo coooooooool
Re: Hull City(0) Vs Man United(1) On Sunday 24th May by astuto: 8:41pm On May 23, 2009
What of Boro, oh Boro? Why is no one mentioning Middlesborough? i feel so sorry for them. they were so unlucky this season. I wish dem well.
To the issue at hand, I am a Red Devil, but i hope dat come 2moro i can keep an eye on Boro. Everyone is just going on and on about Newcastle and Hull, and not mentioning the others.
As regards Newcastle FC,for keeping Joey Barton, a violent, racist thug on their payroll is enough to make them deserve relegation angry Unserious pple, waking up at league finale (hiss)
As for Hull City, i wish dem well. Let them have the courage to face Man Utd. the pressure is on Hull anyway.
Re: Hull City(0) Vs Man United(1) On Sunday 24th May by dominique(f): 11:02am On May 24, 2009
rasputinn:

My prediction (more like my EARNEST prayer) manure trounces hull and Newcastle draws with Villa so hull with that their irritating hamas-propagandist of a coach,phil brown will be relegated while Newcastle escapes the drop.

That would really be soooooo coooooooool

yes o! cheesy wink

for Newcastle sake. . .i hope hull drop points.
Re: Hull City(0) Vs Man United(1) On Sunday 24th May by FBS: 5:58pm On May 24, 2009
Hull survive. fantastic. cool
Re: Hull City(0) Vs Man United(1) On Sunday 24th May by astuto: 6:53pm On May 24, 2009
Can u beat that? even with a reserve team, Man Utd still beat Hull City's first team at their home. Who says United isn't the best team in the world?
Not much sympathy for Newcastle though. I weep with Middlesboro' , sha. sad
I watched the Hull v ManU game. Pressure definitely played its part in City's game. But not absolutelyl. Darron Gibson's 24th minute cracker was excellent. United missed quite a number of very obvious chances afterwards. Danny Wellbeck would have gone into my bad books had Man U lost. He was rather selfish with opportunities. Man of the match for me? Fletcher or Gibson.

United for Life. It's on to the Champs League Final now. Let's wish us the best, shall we? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid And Barcelona Above Epl 'big Four' As Highest Earners / UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th / Henry To Return To Arsenal Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.