Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:43 AM

We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors (6896 Views)

We Can No Longer Pay Workers Salaries Because Of Niger Delta Avengers -Okowa / We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors / We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by bastien: 6:47am On Nov 20, 2015
I just dey laugh this change government

2 Likes

Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by mainman7(m): 6:47am On Nov 20, 2015
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by odinese(m): 6:47am On Nov 20, 2015
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by Henrick007: 6:47am On Nov 20, 2015
Happy birthday to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by oladoye19(m): 6:48am On Nov 20, 2015
When people are complaining about the 18k u still want to reduce it. God help us
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 20, 2015
ok
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by kennyddonn(m): 6:49am On Nov 20, 2015
just 18k....u can't pay.

how much do u people spend on a trip.

foolish governors
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by obontami: 6:49am On Nov 20, 2015
[size=20pt]after una don use the state money fccck olosho finish [/size]

1 Like

Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by Pascal181: 6:50am On Nov 20, 2015
Touch dat minimum wage n see our wrath. Y don't d governors and other political office holders reduce their own salaries and allowances. Rubbish!
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by aminho(m): 6:52am On Nov 20, 2015
Sai godiya
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by clasie: 6:53am On Nov 20, 2015
when have they been implementing it?
yari, for that matter? try checking his state and see.you all had better start from your salaries.
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by timilehing(m): 6:53am On Nov 20, 2015
If they can't pay the #18000 minimum wage, they shouldn't be able to pay countless allowances on political office holders too.
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by mekonglobal(m): 6:54am On Nov 20, 2015
If u cant pay then resign! Y must helpless citizens always bear d brunt? Hw many times hv they come out to reject or reduce their bogus pay when d going was good!
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by olaolulazio(m): 6:54am On Nov 20, 2015
Their father!
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by thundafire: 6:54am On Nov 20, 2015
even if dy sell a barrel for 300$ our governors will still nt be able 2 pay 18k so dy neva even agreed payin it then sef disgusting thieves

1 Like

Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 20, 2015
MTN. Nigeria sorry oh.... The Apocalypse and end time set of governors have already divvied up the money that your asses are going to have to cough out.... From this point I see no going back!!
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by greenhope(m): 6:58am On Nov 20, 2015
So how much do they want to pay now? N5,ooo?
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by sheddo619(m): 6:59am On Nov 20, 2015
this is the only reasonable part in that post[b]“Hence, MTN has accepted that it committed the
offence and has apologised, and is looking for
leniency; we in the governors’ forum decided to
support the NCC to abide by the laws of the land;
and the laws of our land do not give leniency to a
deliberate offence to our nation.”
The forum also promised to collaborate with the
commission in order to assist in boosting the
telecommunications industry.
The governors also agreed to meet with
stakeholders to articulate a robust strategy that
would address the deplorable state of the
nation’s economy[/b]“
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by bettyoge: 7:00am On Nov 20, 2015
I laugh! Am loving dis change , very soon it wld be work for free n be given daily meals like alamajiris! Buhari simply saving our money for his 5th generations! #smh.

1 Like

Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by Nickymezor(f): 7:01am On Nov 20, 2015
HMMMM, CRISIS LOOMS. undecided shocked
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 20, 2015
excel234:
They should start reducing their salaries / allowances to close to N18 K before thinking of touching the poor workers meager unpaid salaries. We are outrightly wicked to ourselves, that's why oyibo no get respect for us. If oyibo ruler no fit keep up with protection of citizens, they normally resign out of frustration - they feel like a father that has failed his children. In this country, these fools have a field day.
Dope!
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by HARRYzbrown(m): 7:04am On Nov 20, 2015
Hope this affects both federal and state house of assemblies..........not poor masses that 18,000 will not be enough to feed talk more of sending children to school

BTw ooh hw cum de dint mention reduction in their own {huge} salaries and that of their commissioners and advisers
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by joseph1832(m): 7:04am On Nov 20, 2015
What a lame excuse. Since the price of crude oil dropped, did the federal allocation they receive from the FG drop as well?.

Men I think its high time we stone some of this our governors because their lies is choking and annoying. Imagine the un sanitize nonsense they're saying.

If they can't pay the N18,000 minimum wage. Then their federal allocation should be reduced, let's see if these colored, half liars we call governors won't sue the FG. And they're here spewing nonsense.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by ramalot(m): 7:05am On Nov 20, 2015
Honestly, I am very VERY ashamed of Nigeria.

The same nation where government officials are the highest paid in the world, where government houses are assigned billions of Naira for "renovation."
The same government officials who budget millions of dollars for vehicles that could be sourced at a fraction of the budget.

The same government where "newspaper allowances" for individual officials are over 6000% more than the minimum wage.

When I hear people say things like "Nigeria is not developing because of colonial effects," I laugh at their naivete. Nigerian politicians are the most inhumane thieves on the planet. Colonialism has ZERO bearing on their actions.

HOW DA HECK do you look at a full grown man, and pay him N18,000 a month. That's $90.
Like that's not bad enough, they're talking about being unable to afford it. Are they INSANE?

I read on nairaland last year that the Bayelsa state government was building a state house at a budget over 3 billion Naira.
An edifice that would only accommodate the thieves to have meetings on how they can further impoverish the people, and subsequently keep them subservient to their political whims.

BASTARDS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by macaranta(m): 7:05am On Nov 20, 2015
Can't pay minimum wage....but y'all can pay PoliTHIEFcian wage.
#change is here my people.
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by KingsJohnson(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2015
I wish I am a member of Boko Haram because this is the kind of people dat needs bombing and not the innocent, poor and hungry fellow Nigerians........

When will those fools that calls themselves our leaders becomes responsible, now they have remembered NCC's fine to MTN all in their bid to milk dry this country and I believed dat was their meeting agenda, old fools dat refused to die
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by Coldfeets: 7:12am On Nov 20, 2015
Chai! Which kain bad news be dis na especially dis xmas period? Chai, my people don suffa!!! embarassed
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by akatekpe(m): 7:13am On Nov 20, 2015
Now this is what we call LONG THING..just 18k oo.Where is NLC?
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by DoctorTim: 7:22am On Nov 20, 2015
I fully understand the frustrations of the governors however they would be setting off another irreparable damage to the already xomatosed country economy if they reduce minimum wage of the state workers. Why don't they start by slashing their salaries and benefits by half or at least removing some and explain to the citizenry that they've done that because of the hardship right now. How can u want to eat right and take food away from the plate of the common man? 18k minimum wage is in itself ridiculous. Lead by example. Slash your salaries and bonuses and tell your workers some months payments might be skipped due to non reconciliation of salaries demands and money allocated. They will have to understand. But I don't see the point slashing the minimum wage that was strongly fought for hy the Labour union and adopted with reluctance esp by he states. The suffering right now is real. I don't blame Buhari. He inherited a comatosed economy. No favours from anywhere. Oil is in the dirt. No other options for economic growth. The only way to help is tpbrecover looted funds and put them back in our economy. So no one should come here crying for foul play by the government or witch hunting. We need need our money back or at least people thelat have come together to destroy this country have to pay.
Let's give Buhari a chance. He is not a magician. Jonathan economic policies didn't make us live comfortably. Oil price been stable was what gave us a stable economy. Think people, think!
Re: We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 20, 2015
Can you afford The Security Vote?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Some Yoruba Cities Look Big / See the First Ever Nigerian President With Master's. Degree. Photos / Lockdowns Will Be Brutally Enforced By January Using Second Endsars Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.