Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

7 Die From Food Poison - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Die From Food Poison (763 Views)

"My Wife Put Poison In My Meals’’, Retired Naval Officer Tells Court / Help! Am About To Poison My Husband For Hitting Me / Couple Die From Gas Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Die From Food Poison by abasifo(m): 9:00pm On May 21, 2009
SEVEN members of a family recently in Ife-Olukotun in Yagba East Local Government lost their lives in a circumstance suspected to be food poisoning.
The systematic tragedy started at a Fulani settlement when Saliu Alfa a Fulani man and his children died one after another in helpless circumstances.
The event that led to the deaths of the members of the family started on 5th May 2009 when the victims started experiencing stomach pain.
The wife of the head of the family, Habibat and two of her daughters Mariam and Maimuna were the first set of persons that died, before making attempt to go to the hospital.
Two other members of the family Amina and Ismaila died after two days in a private hospital.
Doctors also battled to save the lives of the head of the family, Saliu and his son Ibrahim at Saint John Hospital Kabba but to no avail, bringing the death toll to seven.
Residents spoken to described the incident as unfortunate. They also disclosed that the community was in cordial relationship with the migrant Fulani community, before their deaths.
The Fulanis, The Graphic gathered have deserted the village after the unspeakable human tragedy.

(1) (Reply)

Towards Safe Delivery / Childs Name / Another Building Collapses In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.