Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,661 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) (36496 Views)

Missing Soldiers Found - Army Spokesman / Soldiers Return To Oporoza In Delta State / 105 Missing Soldiers: Nigerians Are Being Conned, Buratai Is Not Being Truthful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
obailala:
Nigerian politics can really be amusing and annoying at the same time. This is exactly the situation that played out in the Jonathanian era, albeit now in the opposite direction.

I remember just last year when Boko haram would overrun a town and seize control, mainstream media was barred from reporting such stories however only uncontrolled media houses like saharareporters kept reporting such events. The former administration and their hoard of supporters were always on the hot seat denying the stories and heaping all sorts of allegations on sahara reporters, BBC, Aljazeera, CNN and APC as being boko haram sympathisers because they dared to report the facts as it was against the government's wish. The irony of all the denials then was that few days later, all the newspapers and news stations will then be awash with stories of the Nigerian army gallantly re-capturing a town which they denied was ever captured.

Today the exact reverse is the case, some unfortunate incident happens, the army denies, the APC government denies, the APC supporters deny and the Jonathanians fault all the denials... and then a day later, the army which hitherto denied that anyone was lost will turn around and claim that the lost soldiers have returned gallantly... and then the jonathanians will revel and sing 'we told you'

Nigerian brand of politics and patriotism is sickening. Politics should never be played with security issues.

Stop painting words and being ridiculously funny by trying to play smart...APC/buhari/army lied...No Need for thesis...No Need for Jonathan... No Need for tales...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
holysina:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/missing-soldiers-return-join-u-nits-army/120417.html#R2AzJgPrrF3PAd4Q.99

Another tactical manourver thank GOD they are alive.plz brodas n sisters help ur self this is free no charges just click d link on my signature
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
I smell lies and cover ups!
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by hoobs(m): 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
ajepako:
Thought the army refuted this claim yesterday

How come they are now confirming the ' return of 100 soldiers' after that blatant denial?

Chai.. Propaganda is a new course under this administration

Anyway, I'm glad the poor soldiers returned safe , sound and in one piece..

Lying Liars, kontinu...
am not sure dy even returned
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by obailala(m): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Stop painting words and being ridiculously funny by trying to play smart...APC/buhari/army lied...No Need for thesis...No Need for Jonathan... No Need for tales...
My statement wasn't meant to raise a political argument. What is presently happening is exactly what was happening a year ago, even though in the opposite direction.
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by kingthreat(m): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2015
funkyibodude:
Hit like if you believe this story is a BIG FAT LIE grin

So you want 150 soldiers dead in the hands of boko haram? Your pessimism is synonymous with wickedness
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2015
IPOB and Biaraud bastards will not be happy with this news.
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by bejeria101(m): 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
First na chibok gals,now na soldiers, wat next naija?
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2015
obailala:
My statement wasn't meant to raise a political argument. What is presently happening is exactly what was happening a year ago, even though in the opposite direction.

It was meant to deceive and shift blames...As a buhari fan, keep quiet if you can't condemn evil...Stop being smart by half undecided

3 Likes

Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
obailala:

How come your uncontrolled media like saharareporters isn't reporting or seeing boko haram attacks anymore

3 Likes

Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by ismolala: 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2015
the media seems to be a problem with this war on BH. the army did not deny the attack, they only said the number reported and equipment was false and only those of you that didnt lose anybody during the former administration will critize this administration. if really thy bought the 12 heli and 4 jets things would have been better. the former NSA said the president signed for the purchase and the various chiefs collected them. so the question is where are those helicopters and jets? the NSA said they bought 2 uniforms for each soldier am sure every1 who has been intrrested know that thia is a lie. so please lets support our troops giving there best to keep us safe
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Tundeiab(m): 1:21pm On Nov 20, 2015
PLANETMARS:
A student failed JAMB 5 tyms. 1 day, she travelled 2 visit her frnd in UNIBEN, she fell sick & was admitted to a hospital there. She later called her mum & said...

GIRL: Hello ma
MUM: The place is silent, whr r u?
GIRL: I'm in UNIBEN
MUM: Wooow finally, thank God o
GIRL: I was admitted
MUM: Thats great o. God has disgraced the witches in ur father's house dat don't want you to go to school (laughing & dancing)

GIRL: Mama na Malaria o
MUM: Malaria is a gud course o my daughter, plz take it serious o
GIRL: I would b discharged 2moro
MUM: God forbid my daughter!!!. U go complete ur four years over there in Jesus name.
Girl: God punish Illiteracy!!!
Mum: Amen..... coz I heard dat d lecturer is very wicked.
Epic
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
Bamboos and monkey in the republic of zoo are good with senseless news.

Very soon another careless news will be sprayed that the missing soldiers is still missing.

Oya minister for defence, what do you have to say?
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by dust88: 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
The lié get Meat

funkyibodude:
Hit like if you believe this story is a BIG FAT LIE grin
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Willybos(m): 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
PLANETMARS:
A student failed JAMB 5 tyms. 1 day, she travelled 2 visit her frnd in UNIBEN, she fell sick & was admitted to a hospital there. She later called her mum & said...

GIRL: Hello ma
MUM: The place is silent, whr r u?
GIRL: I'm in UNIBEN
MUM: Wooow finally, thank God o
GIRL: I was admitted
MUM: Thats great o. God has disgraced the witches in ur father's house dat don't want you to go to school (laughing & dancing)

GIRL: Mama na Malaria o
MUM: Malaria is a gud course o my daughter, plz take it serious o
GIRL: I would b discharged 2moro
MUM: God forbid my daughter!!!. U go complete ur four years over there in Jesus name.
Girl: God punish Illiteracy!!!
Mum: Amen..... coz I heard dat d lecturer is very wicked.
dis must be igbo woman!
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
Who do we believe... someone said no soldier were missing.
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by emmanuelmichael(m): 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2015
It sucks for a country to lie to its citizen. This demented idiot declined that none of the soldiers were missing. Now they ve been found and ve postioned them. WHAT A COUNTRY.
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by obailala(m): 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

It was meant to deceive and shift blames...As a buhari fan, keep quiet if you can't condemn evil...Stop being smart by half undecided
If you remove the deep bias in your heart, if you put aside the partisanship spirit and read what I wrote again (read slowly this time), it will be clear to you that I condemned the evil as it happened last year and as it's repeating itself now. If after reading a second time, you still cannot comprehend that I condemned the act, then it's a pity, I have nothing else to tell you.

Whynotthetruth:

How come your uncontrolled media like saharareporters isn't reporting or seeing boko haram attacks anymore
Are you suggesting that they are now blind to the attacks?.... Just like I mentioned above, if you purge yourself of the partisanship for a second, you will realise that what you have just accused SR of does not hold water. Contrary to SR being blind, you are the one who is blind not to see that SR has reported every single one of the attacks.

As a simple test to prove you wrong, can you kindly mention a single one of the attacks which SR has not reported?... Please just one example
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by bigerboy200: 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
WAILERS silently wishing the kidnap story was true...
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by logica(m): 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
What I understood from the report was that the number of missing soldiers was exaggerated.

There is also the possibility that the location of the soldiers was always known (meaning they were never missing).
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by christinie(f): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2015
So APC went to rent soldiers to deceive us that the missing soldiers are back? Even if it means recruiting Boko Haram members to fake as soldiers....

APC your propaganda is beyond comparison.

Haba!

Sack APC!

Sack Buhari!

Sack Baba!
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by ahaika23: 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
Kai, it took them 36 hours to come up with lies to cover up their failures. Do not worry, Boko will release a video soon and your ineptitude will be blow outta proportion.
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by 2Mekus: 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2015
If you believe the statement, you will believe anything. The terse nature of the statement says a lot about its obvious lies. It says the missing soldiers have rejoined their units. How? What happened? How many missed and how many returned? Were they rescued or escaped from their captors? So many questions unanswered.

This government has no respect for the governed or else they won't be playing on the collective intelligence of Nigerians with their half-baked lies all the time. It is a shame and it won't last because you can't fool everybody every time.
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by kodded(m): 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2015
[s]
PassingShot:

The loss has proved to be too devastating for you to handle. No P, you still have seven and half more years to do the wailing. Once in a while I will oblige you by replying to my mention by you.
[/s]
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by localblood(m): 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
MISSCONGENIALITY:
they were not miss, they just went to drink water in a nearby spring and since they were drinking one after another, it took long. That's why they were thought to have been kidnapped by the Koboko men. grin
And now that they've all taken their turns in sipping fresh water directly fom the spring they have returned.

Lool yawa go dey ooh
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Lilimax(f): 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2015
They'll say one thing in the morning only to deny it the next moment embarassed
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by nobeku: 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
saintopus:
I knew from the beginning that the missing 105 military men was a huge scam just as I knew from the beginning that the Chibok girls was a scam.

This GEJ sef....!!!

I don't know why I love this GEJ....!!!

I think I can help out here.. You are as CLUELESS as he is...
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
Why are these mother.Zap.ers in such a hurry to see Buhari fail? Awon Oloshi United Gbogbo!
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by ProfV(m): 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
Lost but found soldiers,
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by LastSurvivor: 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
My own question is where did they returned from.
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by iukpe: 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
OK. Nice one. #bringbackoursoldiers# worked in 24hrs. What is happening to #bringbackourgirls#?

Or did the 105 soldiers simply take to hiding in the wave of the attack?
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Kgdavid(m): 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
Djicemob:
When mizmycoli created her thread zombies were busy heaping insults on her that no soldiers were missing.

Now soldiers that were not missing have returned to their units grin

na wa o.......no really..... its quite obvious that an incident occurred that delayed the return of the troops but nowhere near the magnitude the media reports claimed. As the report here states, the army spokesman said the earlier media reports were exaggerated which is clearly the case.

it's like most y=of you would have been overjoyed to hear "105 troop members alleged missing, confirmed dead", jsut so you could have some ammo to pursue your agenda. smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars / Fayose Makes First Public Appearance Since Saturday's Election (VIDEO) / "Coward, I Appointed You" - Uwazuruike Blasts Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.