Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Ribadu Confessed To Me That He Was Being Used By Obasanjo – Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Confessed To Me That He Was Being Used By Obasanjo – Soyinka (468 Views)

Akon Ikeme Has Confessed For Her Involvement In Dino Melaye's Tape Scandal - SR / How EFCC Almost Arrested Aisha Buhari’s Impostor – Ribadu / Buhari Inaugurated By Obasanjo As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Confessed To Me That He Was Being Used By Obasanjo – Soyinka by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2015
Nigerian Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has stated that pioneer EFCC Chairman Nuhu Ribadu, informed him while on exile in the UK that he was being used by former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Soyinka, who berated the former President for interfering in the war against corruption, wondered, in an interview with the latest edition of Zero Tolerance magazine, a publication of the EFCC, “Why should a President involve himself in what is already structurally established and dedicated to that purpose?”

According to him, “I warned your former boss, Ribadu, I told him that, your task will be done when in the course of your investigation; you discover that the source of the problem is the very person who appointed you.

“He looked shocked a bit, and eventually he and I met in London, after he was removed and (the current Governor of Kaduna State Mallam Nasir) el-Rufai was also in exile after they tried to kill him. We met and Ribadu refused to sit down. I asked him to sit but he said no, that until I accepted his apology, he won’t sit down. I asked what apology? And he said ‘I should have listened to you. I failed to listen to you.

“Something you have said to me and I failed to listen’ Ribadu admitted that he realised very late that Obasanjo was using him.

“So we have to destroy that link between power and corruption. Audu Ogbeh confirmed what I am telling you. Then, it was ‘go after this one, go after that one, ahh you did not arrest him? Arrest his mother! I am challenging Obasanjo to deny it.

“So, when you are looking for corruption, you should look at the entire stratum of the society, while some forms of corruption are direct, others are indirect”.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/ribadu-confessed-to-me-that-he-was-being-used-by-obasanjo-%E2%80%93-soyinka.144835/
Re: Ribadu Confessed To Me That He Was Being Used By Obasanjo – Soyinka by ola512: 1:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm....
Re: Ribadu Confessed To Me That He Was Being Used By Obasanjo – Soyinka by VICTORCIZA(m): 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2015
That ota monkey is evil
Re: Ribadu Confessed To Me That He Was Being Used By Obasanjo – Soyinka by ayatt(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
Re: Ribadu Confessed To Me That He Was Being Used By Obasanjo – Soyinka by jerryunit48: 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
Now the game has just started .

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Confessed To Me That He Was Being Used By Obasanjo – Soyinka by Aufbauh(m): 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
Season of truth!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Training Institutions In Utter Decay – Mbu / 3 Controversies Surrounding Audu Abubakar's Death / Some Of The Nigeriand Deported From UK Are Not Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.