Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,204 members, 7,849,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:36 AM

Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition (1149 Views)

How The “wonderful Story” Of Jesus Christ In Qu’ran Vision Drove Fulani Girl / Dino Melaye Reportedly Assassinated A Witness- U.S Government & Sahara Reporters / PHOTOS: Saraki At National Qur'anic Recitation Competition In Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by cybermic007: 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
Bauchi state Governor, Mohammed Abubakar has reportedly approved N55million for the 30th edition of the state’s Qur’anic recitation Competition. Speaking at the event held at katagum, headquarters of Zaki local government Area (LGA) of the State yesterday November 20th, Governor Abubakar said N38.4 million is for logistics while N16.9 Million will be released to the 20 Local government areas of the state to aid their preparations at council level.

He said education of the younger generation is the collective responsibility of the government, Islamic teachers as well as parents. Also speaking at the event, the chairman of the Bauchi state Qur’anic recitation Competition Committee, Zubairu Abubakar Madaki said over N8.4 million was approved for the purchase of gifts such as four cars, four Trycycles popularly known as Keke Napep, 26 Mootorcyles, many bicycles, sawing machine, Knitting machines and grinding machines are to be given as gifts to winners.
Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by suxkill: 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
this was how our problem in this country started.

the rising of more shekau!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by Idrismusty97(m): 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
Before any dumb wailers criticize this just remember your governors are sponsoring beauty contest for Ladies with the biggest and curviest ass cheesy. I still think this is a waste of fund anyway, Religion should stay off governance. All these religious frivolities can be funded by wealthy private individuals. Anyone that want to go stone the Devil in Mecca should go meet Dagote.

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Before any dumb wailers criticize this just remember your governors are sponsoring beauty contest for Ladies with the biggest and curviest ass cheesy. I still think this is a waste of fund anyway, Religion should stay off governance. All these religious frivolities can be funded by wealthy private individuals. Anyone that want to go stone the Devil in Mecca should go meet Dagote.

OK...how does it concern us? Go ahead and defend him its your money

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by speedyGonzales: 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
[size=20pt]This North Go Kill Us![/size]

Government and god... should not be a thing! give what is Caesar's to Caesar! and god's to god! why not maths or chess!

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
None of my business
Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by irondome: 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2015
Idrismusty97:

Beauty contests have economic value if managed and staged appropriately, but this ---, I really don't know. Using our scarce funds to sponsor either bible or quran re-citation competition is utterly absurd. And to think this is coming from an APC state is more disappointing.

6 Likes

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by ajisebioyo1(m): 11:19pm On Nov 21, 2015
They actually want every Moslem to understand Quran because BH will start moving from house to house and if you cannot recite Quran, na gbege o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by meforyou1(m): 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
Idrismusty97:
boko, you are a mad man. Which state governor has ever sponsored beauty contest? Something that is fully private enterprises business

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by Idrismusty97(m): 11:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
irondome:

Beauty contests have economic value if managed and staged appropriately, but this ---, I really don't know. Using our scarce funds to sponsor either bible or quran re-citation competition is utterly absurd. And to think this is coming from an APC state is more disappointing.
And what if they aren't managed and staged properly(Which is even the case all time)? Then they are no different from the recitation competition and every other activities that are simply waste of fund. I notice you are always eager and ready to spew baseless criticism once it has to do with Islam while neglecting the rot in you home just for cheap likes on Nairaland cheesy.
Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by Idrismusty97(m): 11:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
meforyou1:
boko, you are a mad man. Which state governor has ever sponsored beauty contest? Something that is fully private enterprises business
Most beauty contest in Nigeria are usually fully funded by the state government or in collaboration with private enterprises as you say. However the choice the State government still spend millions, Especially when they have to hire musicians and celebrities the amount usually spent is far more than this peanut Bauchi state government used for Qur'anic recitation.
Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by oieda: 12:01am On Nov 22, 2015
Kini? Has he finished rehabilitating the state from BH destruction?

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by boujaye: 12:06am On Nov 22, 2015
how will such a whooping sum be spent on such a frivolous thing. after the governor will go asking for a bailout to pay salaries. sherrif buhari, take note.

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by playahata: 12:14am On Nov 22, 2015
Relationship between man and God should be a personal thing.
Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 22, 2015
Rather than train their children in science, medicine, engineering,etc, they will rather them in a religion that is so primitive that even the cave man can boast of how civilised is.

And we are saying, we have nothing in common with this people.
This people are dragging us back.

Biafra please come.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by irondome: 1:11am On Nov 22, 2015
Idrismusty97:
And what if they aren't managed and staged properly(Which is even the case all time)? Then they are no different from the recitation competition and every other activities that are simply waste of fund. I notice [b]you are always eager and ready to spew baseless criticism once it has to do with Islam [/b]while neglecting the rot in you home just for cheap likes on Nairaland cheesy.

Seriously!!!! Irrespective of the fact that I clearly stated Bible and Quran. The only entity I specifically criticized is APC, ironically, I leaned towards APC in terms of political ideology. Na wa for you o.

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by Pavore9: 3:21am On Nov 22, 2015
Do the state also organize mathematics competitions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by Pavore9: 3:22am On Nov 22, 2015
They will not even bother with competitions that will enhance their young ones interest in science and technology (if they do, l await correction) after all they rely on quota system whereby their ridiculous low scores guarantees them admissions!
Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by blonker1: 3:31am On Nov 22, 2015
How about the christians in Bauchi? I know there are lots of them in Bauchi.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by moufan: 5:08am On Nov 22, 2015
nice,I like this
Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by snadguy007(m): 5:25am On Nov 22, 2015
and after all these, they will end up joining BH.
SMH
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by francizy(m): 6:35am On Nov 22, 2015
Good..
He should go ahead and abolish state schools and western education too..

Nice developments but he better be ready to battle them when they go amok..
Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by Geraucald(m): 7:43am On Nov 22, 2015
irondome:

Its not disappointing, rather, I'll say you are clueless to have forgotten our state is under Sharia laws, there's totally nothing wrong with that, in fact, we are praising him, what economic value? Educating the young ones is the foundation to peace, unity and stability of our land, what's more better than this?
Re: Bauchi Gov Reportedly Approves N55million For Qu’ran Recitation Competition by Scholes007(m): 8:59am On Nov 22, 2015
Geraucald:

Its not disappointing, rather, I'll say you are clueless to have forgotten our state is under Sharia laws, there's totally nothing wrong with that, in fact, we are praising him, what economic value? Educating the young ones is the foundation to peace, unity and stability of our land, what's more better than this?
hmmm peace, unity and stability of the land indeed. Smh

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Gets Power-generating Ship To Curtail Outages / Buhari Administration’s Anti-corruption War Political — Shehu Sani / Checkout This Photo Of Sport Minister Smiling On The Plane To South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.