Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Sultan In Ekiti, Preaches Against Injustice, Bad Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan In Ekiti, Preaches Against Injustice, Bad Governance (709 Views)

Obasanjo Preaches In London Church As Ooni Ogunwusi Attends / Abdulsalami Abubakar Commissions Nnewi Hotel, Event Center, Preaches One Nigeria / IPOB Russia Calls World To Stand Up Against Injustice On Biafra -trumpetngr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sultan In Ekiti, Preaches Against Injustice, Bad Governance by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:44am On Nov 22, 2015
The Sultan of Sokoto and President-General
of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic
Affairs (SCIA), Alhaji Saad Muhammadu
Abubakar III, has urged political office holders to carry the people along in their
actions and policies.

Also, Ekiti State
Governor Ayodele Fayose charged the
Sultan to intervene in the travails of the
former National Security Adviser, Col.
Sambo Dasuki (rtd), and ensure he was
allowed to attend to his health abroad as
ordered by a court.

The duo spoke yesterday when the Sultan,
who was in Ado Ekiti, the state capital for
the investiture of the Chief Imam of Ekiti,
Alhaji Jamiu Kewulere, as the President-
General, League of Imams in the South
West, Edo and Delta states, paid a courtesy
call on the governor.

The Sultan advised politicians to put politics
aside and unite to ensure adequate
security in the country, even as he charged
leaders to be just always and eschew good
leadership, saying “without good
leadership, there can’t be a good country.”

Fayose, who described the sultan’s visit as
“historic,” said Dasuki’s continued
harassment by the federal government was
a flagrant abuse of the constitution and
rule of law, and urged Sultan Abubakar to
intervene in the matter.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/sultan-in-ekiti-preaches-against-injustice-bad-governance/120496.html
Re: Sultan In Ekiti, Preaches Against Injustice, Bad Governance by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:45am On Nov 22, 2015
From left: Wife of Ekiti State governor, Mrs Feyisetan Fayose, Governor Ayodele Fayose and the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar III, during the sultan’s visit to Ekiti State yesterday. | PHOTO: Ekiti Govt. House

Cc: Lalasticlala Obinoscopy Dominique

Re: Sultan In Ekiti, Preaches Against Injustice, Bad Governance by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
Missmossy, this is it.
Dourbest.tolu@gmail.com.

Reply this when you see it so I can clear it.
Re: Sultan In Ekiti, Preaches Against Injustice, Bad Governance by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
Thanks Mynd44 for unbanning me.
But I think you unbanned me for the forum-wide ban.
I still can't post in the NYSC section!
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

No Constitutional Provision For Audu's Death- Lawyers / 5 Igbo Traders Killed By Unknown Gunmen / Top 5 Most Powerful Militaries In Sub Saharan Africa 2015 Ranking.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.