Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,072 members, 7,863,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:19 AM

How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? (1719 Views)

Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. / My Sperm Is A Sacred Milk From God: Brazilian Pastor Force Members To MouthAction / My Semen Is A Sacred Holy Milk - Pastor Makes Members Suck His Manhood In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? by KelvinKelt(m): 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
vooks:

I would call it a day set aside to God for divine worship. There are no sacred days,weeks,months or years with God.

Since there is a great consensus on setting apart Sunday for fellowship, it is extremely expedient from me to set it apart for fellowship. Common sense. Compare it with market days. What benefits are associated with having a COMMON day for traders and buyers?
U're right(consensus). Lets leave it there.
Re: How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? by vooks: 1:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
KelvinKelt:
U're right(consensus). Lets leave it there.
Do you still think it was 'chosen as a sacred day'?
Re: How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? by KelvinKelt(m): 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
vooks:

Do you still think it was 'chosen as a sacred day'?
Well I did thought that way, but I'm okay by ur explanation. If u wish to further educate me, u're free. Thanks so much
Re: How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? by vooks: 1:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
KelvinKelt:
Well I did thought that way, but I'm okay by ur explanation. If u wish to further educate me, u're free. Thanks so much
Jews had holy days designated so by God Himself but not Christians. But there are some Christians who mistakenly imagine that Sunday substituted Saturday as the sabbath day. This is wrong. Sabbath is Saturday and is long obsolete.
Re: How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? by KelvinKelt(m): 2:03pm On Nov 22, 2015
vooks:

Jews had holy days designated so by God Himself but not Christians. But there are some Christians who mistakenly imagine that Sunday substituted Saturday as the sabbath day. This is wrong. Sabbath is Saturday and is long obsolete.
Is there anything like obsolete in God's works? Should de sabbath day be ignored completely?
Re: How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? by vooks: 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
KelvinKelt:
Is there anything like obsolete in God's works? Should de sabbath day be ignored completely?
Yes there plenty of obsolete stuff. For instance, the Jewish Feasts.
Don't ignore the Sabbath, Scriptures tell us it is a shadow. Focus on the reality of Sabbath which is Christ.

Colossians 2:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Another one is circumcision
Re: How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? by missKiffy(f): 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
plaetton:

And how did you come to consider Monday the first day of the week?
And, are we to assume that you made the rules?
I didn't make the rules
Re: How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? by vooks: 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
missKiffy:

I didn't make the rules
According to scriptures, the first day of the week is Sunday. Saturday is the seventh day. The very word sabbath means SEVEN, seventh day
Re: How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? by plaetton: 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
KelvinKelt:
I salute ur point but if we are to by the original intent of God, it wasn't meant to be so. Works on sunday came as a result of western culture. The advancement in human knowledge has brought so much changes to the original intent of God. Remember the same ppl said man was not created by God, but rather, man evolved from a higher animal(gorilla). I see all these as a means of discrediting God's divine wisdom.

Lol.
I see your point.

I feel the same way some times, when modern thinking tries to discredit the perfect works and designs of the Toothfairy.
Re: How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? by plaetton: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
missKiffy:

I didn't make the rules

You just followed your Church.
Re: How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? by KelvinKelt(m): 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
vooks:

Yes there plenty of obsolete stuff. For instance, the Jewish Feasts.
Don't ignore the Sabbath, Scriptures tell us it is a shadow. Focus on the reality of Sabbath which is Christ.

Colossians 2:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Another one is circumcision

You're a really good analyst. Thanks so much for ur interest

(1) (2) (Reply)

Divine Backing / 7 Benefits Of Trusting The Lord / What Do You Think BIBLICAL MEDITATION Means? How Is It DONE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.