Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,258 members, 7,822,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (55278 Views)

Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit / Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire / 4 Types Of Sins That Prove That There Are Big Sins And Little Sins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Respect55(m): 10:48am On Nov 22, 2015
It is not just enough to belive that one is sinless because of grace. Faith without work is dead
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Revolva(m): 10:48am On Nov 22, 2015
LUST Thats my favourite sin...

1 Like

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by HopeAtHand: 10:50am On Nov 22, 2015
Ok.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by SamJed(m): 10:51am On Nov 22, 2015
This is for those asking if masturbation is a sin....To answer this question, let's begin with a summary of what God tells us in the Bible about the broader subject of sex and marriage. Sex is a part of God's creation. And we are told that everything God created in the beginning was "very good" (Genesis 1:31).
God also instituted marriage when he gave Eve to Adam to be his spouse (Genesis 1:22-24). In addition God ordained that sexual activity is to be limited to persons of the opposite sex, and that sexual intercourse is to take place only within a marriage. He forbids adultery, that is, sex outside of marriage (Exodus 20:14). Unmarried persons who engage in sexual activity are guilty of the sin of fornication (Galatians 5:19; Colossians 3:5; Jude 1:7 and numerous other passages. The word fornication is used in the King James version for the sin of adultery outside of marriage.
God created sex to insure the propagation of the human race (Genesis 1:28), and to provide a special and unique bonding relationship between husband and wife. (Genesis 2:24). Sexual activity within marriage provides fulfillment and satisfaction, not primarily for one's own self, but for one's spouse. It is important to understand that sexual activity is God-pleasing when it is done selflessly rather than selfishly. In that way it mirrors Christ's relationship to his church (Ephesians 5:22-33).
So, the question of masturbation, as with all other questions about sexual activity, has to be considered within this broader, Scriptural context. We have to begin by asking: What was God's intent when he created sex?
The Scriptures do not contain any specific or direct reference to masturbation. But it is clear that masturbation is an activity that violates God's intent. Masturbation is a form of sexual self-gratification. But sex is intended by God to be a means of mutual gratification between a husband and wife, not a means of gratifying one's self. Simply put, masturbation is an act of selfishness rather than selflessness. It is a sin that calls for repentance followed by the fruits of faith, coupled with a prayer asking God for help to see this sin in the light of God's intent, and for strength of faith to overcome the sin.
So while the Bible does not mention masturbation specifically, it has much to say about appropriate and inappropriate use of God's good gift of sex. And the Bible leaves no doubt about the fact that masturbation does not give glory to God.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Hysmady(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2015
Fingeriing of honeypot
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 22, 2015
Larryfly:

Why dont you just commit suicide.
end time quote
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2015
okay.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by obialinaeze(m): 10:58am On Nov 22, 2015
bettercreature:
dunce!
masturbation is a sin cos is a sexual immorality.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Remyboyhefty(m): 10:59am On Nov 22, 2015
Lasis69 to come and say end time Christmas
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Funjosh(m): 11:00am On Nov 22, 2015
God Help Us sad
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by pikapizy(m): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2015
adorablepepple:

Abusers of their self with mankind not the other way round. Don't get it twisted

please,explain to me ...I don't understand
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by dearsly(m): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2015
bettercreature:
dunce raise to power two!

Young guy,don't ever quote me again!...
I'm not on Nairaland to talk to kids.
#Godbless
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by simplisity(m): 11:06am On Nov 22, 2015
tempest69:
Sin consciousness is what your post is all about

Hebrews 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

Sin consciousness results to remember unto sin. I wonder why believer searches himself daily to see if He has wrong any body. That's being sin conscious.

Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

Everyday I see baby born again christains ask for forgiveness I have never sin in the entire new Testament where any of the disciples or apostles pray for forgiveness of sin. But see what Paul said

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Abstaining from those things by your carnal nature is not possible. Some of us baby christain believers still preach that people should forsake their sins then follow Jesus. Its wrong. If I can forsake my sins then, I don't need Jesus. Remember He came for the unrighteous which include every man created because no man is righteous. Abraham's righteousness was counted unto him because he believed God not base on works.

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

To conclude this my dear brother. BY NATURE... we are SINNERS, BUT BY FAITH we are RIGHTEOUS (SAINTS)
SHALOM!!!!!!!
We should always ask God to forgive us our sins. Conciously and unconciously, we sin against God every day. Bible made us to know that, all have have sinned and come short of d glory of God. Christ thought us to pray our Lord's prayer and in our Lord's prayer, He commands us to ask God to forgive our sins as we forgive those who trespass against us.

1 Like

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by ayinde2ade(m): 11:06am On Nov 22, 2015
wink 10 tribalism

2 Likes

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by OKEMKPI: 11:08am On Nov 22, 2015
Sweetcollins:
Noted

While Christians will be Singing Praises to God in their Boring Heaven, Muslim Men will be seriously Tearing Virgin Hymens, having sex with One hundred virgins every single day for all eternity in Paradise with Allah'' - Popular Islamic Scholar Brags
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by TAILAS01(m): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2015
Genesis 38:8-10 ESV

Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife and perform the duty of a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.” But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his. So whenever he went in to his brother’s wife he would waste the semen on the ground, so as not to give offspring to his brother. And what he did was wicked in the sight of the Lord , and he put him to death also.[color=#990000][/color]
On masturbation
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by lakeside30: 11:15am On Nov 22, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
its not a sin

It is a big sin,apart from this,it is mal adaptive,is self destructive

1 Like

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Drikojigzy(m): 11:18am On Nov 22, 2015
end time message

. end is near
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 22, 2015
Self-righteousness is the greatest of all! Those who do not see the need to go to GOD daily for forgiveness of sins through JESUS Christ; and those who see themselves as more righteous than others.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by fammo: 11:19am On Nov 22, 2015
ksam:

Na wa o!!! the way some people twist the Bible for their own benefit is alarming.. you guys have wrongly understood what grace is all about.. even Paul said shall we continue to live in sin so that his grace may abound? God forbids... Romans 6vs1-2
And what does vs 3, 4, 5 till end say??
Once you are Born Again you are dead to sin, you shouldn't be sin concious anymore, you might fall atimes and comit one sin or the other, you shouldn't let guilt push you away from God, You are dead to sin, it's no longer your Righteousness, it's the righteousness of Christ, Abraham's righteousness was not in his works but rather in His belief, the word repent is not about change of actions and deeds but a change of mind...what u believe. that is why the Bible said in Rom 12:2 be ye transformed through the renewing of your mind. As a Christian, spend less time on checking what the law says you should do or not do, cause trust me there are more than ten commandments, they are in fact 613 laws, n you know if u break one you have broken all, that's why we have Grace. Don't get me wrong, grace is not a Licence to continue in sin, it is the exact opposite, it is the divine ability to live a sinless life relying on the finished work on the cross, the sins you were held accountable for was not as a result of what you did or didn't do, but as a result of Adam's disobedience, and our Justification is not also in our works but in the obedience of Christ on the cross Rom 5:19....ps take time to check this few passages I quoted before you reply, n I will be glad to receive your reply...

3 Likes

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2015
lakeside30:

It is a big sin,apart from this,it is mal adaptive,is self destructive
oh tell me something angry cheesy grin
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by sexaddict08(m): 11:21am On Nov 22, 2015
wheredemdey:

Pls show or share with us a place in the Holy book where masturbation was mentioned as a sin....

Kindly oblige as we are waiting.

Regards

its not about the holy book..
its something that leads to self destruction.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by haywire07(m): 11:21am On Nov 22, 2015
tola9ja:
reading song of Solomon is like reading erotic stories

reading song of Solomon is a sin
I told the psychiatric doctor not to discharge u

1 Like

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by sexaddict08(m): 11:22am On Nov 22, 2015
Revolva:
LUST Thats my favourite sin...

ur problem is small. no cause for alarm

1 Like

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by fammo: 11:23am On Nov 22, 2015
TAILAS01:
Genesis 38:8-10 ESV

Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife and perform the duty of a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.” But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his. So whenever he went in to his brother’s wife he would waste the semen on the ground, so as not to give offspring to his brother. And what he did was wicked in the sight of the Lord , and he put him to death also.[color=#990000][/color]
On masturbation
That does not technically qualify as masturbation, and his punishment was because he was trying to be wise in his small mind, he had a fraudulent motive.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by haywire07(m): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2015
lordcyl3:
forgive me Lord
Go and sin no more
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by firstking01(m): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2015
Peple will always wanna counter the truth, esp wen its contradicting their believe. What the op wrote up their is nothing bt the plain truth, esp that pride of a thing. Remember, satan is were he is now cosof pride. Tanx @poster for this masterpiece. My own case na tha lust of a thinhg. I'd really need God to help me o.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by mabeni(m): 11:29am On Nov 22, 2015
I no go lie, I'm guilty of the last one '"LUST "May God help me.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 22, 2015
Meanwhile One game cut my bet9ja ticket N4m

I feel sad
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by firstking01(m): 11:31am On Nov 22, 2015
Masturbation, which is also known as self gratification is a SIN, i was once involed in it, and God gave me a stern warning. I dnt need to convince u any further on this. If ur still masturbating, ur on ur way to eternal lake of fire, burning wit CaLCo3...hell is dam so real my people.

1 Like

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by holyokoto(m): 11:34am On Nov 22, 2015
Jesus turned water into wine and the people drank and were MERRIE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Carissa Sharon; Lovely New Photos / Ese Walter Who Claims To Have Slept With COZA Pastor Abiodun / I Empathise With Busola Dakolo - Pastor Sam Adeyemi Breaks His Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.