Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (55263 Views)

Seven Deadly Sins Christians Must Never Commit / Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire / 4 Types Of Sins That Prove That There Are Big Sins And Little Sins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Captain001(m): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
wheredemdey:

Pls show or share with us a place in the Holy book where masturbation was mentioned as a sin....

Kindly oblige as we are waiting.

Regards

When you masturbate what do you imagine in your mind to be able to attain orgasm? I tell you masturbation is deadlier than sex.

1 Like

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by moscobabs(m): 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
chizoin:

YOU ARE A FOOL........! BECAUSE U DON'T UR RIGHT FROM UR LEFT !
EzZi...(Pig)
and u have to call me fool before u can make your silly comment ?
how old r u?
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Rushtec(m): 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
All are sub-topic under Pride.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by FRANKOXY(m): 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
All sins leadeth to destruction. Beware!
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Flokiiiiii(m): 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
wheredemdey:

Pls show or share with us a place in the Holy book where masturbation was mentioned as a sin....

Regards
Use ur discretion man
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by ihedioramma: 1:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
[quote author=iliyande post=40280555]When we receive Christ as our Lord and Savior, we know He has conquered sin in our life. It is through His death that our sins have been cleansed and no longer to be remembered. Jesus’ life makes the difference. "Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him” (Romans 4:7-cool.

Pride - quality or state of being proud – inordinate self esteem: “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall” (Proverbs 16:18).

Gluttony – excess in eating and drinking: “for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags” (Proverbs 23:21).

Greed - excessive or reprehensible acquisitiveness: “Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more” (Ephesians 4:19).

Laziness – @every body not going to church at all and in time
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by tola9ja: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
haywire07:

I told the psychiatric doctor not to discharge u

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by emmy02(m): 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
tempest69:
Sin consciousness is what your post is all about

Hebrews 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

Sin consciousness results to remember unto sin. I wonder why believer searches himself daily to see if He has wrong any body. That's being sin conscious.

Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

Everyday I see baby born again christains ask for forgiveness I have never sin in the entire new Testament where any of the disciples or apostles pray for forgiveness of sin. But see what Paul said

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Abstaining from those things by your carnal nature is not possible. Some of us baby christain believers still preach that people should forsake their sins then follow Jesus. Its wrong. If I can forsake my sins then, I don't need Jesus. Remember He came for the unrighteous which include every man created because no man is righteous. Abraham's righteousness was counted unto him because he believed God not base on works.

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

To conclude this my dear brother. BY NATURE... we are SINNERS, BUT BY FAITH we are RIGHTEOUS (SAINTS)
SHALOM!!!!!!!
U r totally wrong..
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by benedict100(m): 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
engrsyer:
All of you claiming Masturbation is not sin or God does not condemn it are either homosexuals or lesbians.
U no wise?wetin make God destroy sodom nd gomorrah no b bucux of homosexuality?
Masturbation is not only gud but healthy
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by teekay213(m): 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
Lordabas:
8. Masturbation
why masturbation?why not fornication or adultery?
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by FOLLEY20(m): 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
May God deliver us from d grip & power of sins in Jesus' name.

1 Like

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
Saying that masturbation is not sin is like saying that sending someone to assassinate another person is not murder.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by nnamdiosu(m): 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
tempest69:

Hebrews 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

Sin consciousness results to remember unto sin. I wonder why believer searches himself daily to see if He has wrong any body. That's being sin conscious.

Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

Everyday I see baby born again christains ask for forgiveness I have never sin in the entire new Testament where any of the disciples or apostles pray for forgiveness of sin. But see what Paul said

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Abstaining from those things by your carnal nature is not possible. Some of us baby christain believers still preach that people should forsake their sins then follow Jesus. Its wrong. If I can forsake my sins then, I don't need Jesus. Remember He came for the unrighteous which include every man created because no man is righteous. Abraham's righteousness was counted unto him because he believed God not base on works.

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

To conclude this my dear brother. BY NATURE... we are SINNERS, BUT BY FAITH we are RIGHTEOUS (SAINTS)
SHALOM!!!!!!!

1st john 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that
you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we
have an advocate with the Father--Jesus
Christ, the Righteous One.

also the same 1st john says.....IF WE SAY WS HAVE NO SIN THE TRUTH IS NOT IN US. BUT IF WE CONFESS OUR SIN THE BLOOD IF JESUS IS ABLE TO CLEANSE US FROM OUR SINS.

PLS DONT TEACH HERESY. GOD BLESS YOU
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by DOCTORDONE: 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
All well said. But would they listen?
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by nigeriancuban: 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
Roon9:

Sir pliz Learn to read ur bible to d end na.... It says " abusers of themselves with mankind"; that passage was clearly referring to homosexuals.. OK?
my broda no mind the guy,there are always verses of many meanings in the bible and anyone would twist it to their own end....my opinion ,I think nothing in this world and beyond is real.....don ask me why

1 Like

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by emmacush(m): 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
adorablepepple:
Eye service /hypocrisy
False accusation
False witness
Lies
Adultery
Fornication etc
May God help us all to forsake every ungodly thing.
Ehennnnnnmmmmmm and
Too much make up is a sin (not from the Bible though )
it's in the bible; jer. 4:30,and when they re spoil, what shall they do, though they go after painting, after ornaments, their lovers will despise them and go after their lives..
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by emmacush(m): 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2015
pikapizy:

1Cor 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind"...abusers of themselves =mastubation
I believe u
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by damocool(m): 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by HXoritz(m): 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
HOMOSEXUALITY( Lesbians n Gays).
Homo everywhr u go even inside church n church workers...God go help this our generation
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by lumeneng22: 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2015
wheredemdey:

Regards
when the mind is polluted against someone as imagining yourself having an affairs with somebody's wife or husband because you have lusted after her or him which is already a sin and still go ahead mastuubating having that person in mind, you have committed sin. Some things are not just right and we should also note that the Bible was written by humans like us.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Nimen(m): 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2015
jagbanda:
Noted
how genuine are you?
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by tefund(m): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
tola9ja:
reading song of Solomon is like reading erotic stories

reading song of Solomon is a sin
me think songs of solomon should not have been added to the bible

1 Like

Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by HXoritz(m): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
Fornication/Adultery ,even inside church and amongst church workers...May God help us IJN.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by dannewlife(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
Disobedience
Disobedience is like the sin of witchcraft !
While obedience brings BLESSING.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Akpan107(m): 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
adorablepepple:

Abusers of their self with mankind not the other way round. Don't get it twisted
The truth is that, when someone masturbates, he is simply having sex with himself. that is the same as Homosexualism.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by dannewlife(m): 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
lumeneng22:
when the mind is polluted against someone as imagining yourself having an affairs with somebody's wife or husband because you have lusted after her or him which is already a sin and still go ahead mastuubating having that person in mind, you have committed sin. Some things are not just right and we should also note that the Bible was written by humans like us.

See Matthew 5:28
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by pikapizy(m): 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
Roon9:

Sir pliz Learn to read ur bible to d end na.... It says " abusers of themselves with mankind"; that passage was clearly referring to homosexuals.. OK?
ok thanks for the info...
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by tempest69: 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
Maser:

Congrats! Mature Christian!

In other words, "do not forsake sin, Do not confess sin, Live carefree, commit adultery, fornication, basically suit yourself, it's all taken care of by Christ. Just have faith!"
I haven't heard a more heretical sermon than yours. Whatever happened to Titus 2:11-12, "For the grace of God which bringeth salvation hath appeared unto all men teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world".
Check out the scriptures you twisted out of context. Read them sincerely and see if you honestly conveyed the true meaning of everyone of them. English isn't that hard to grasp.
If you want to live in sin, become an unbeliever and enjoy yourself, its not compulsory to bear the identity, Christian! The entire new testament repeatedly warns us against sin. Please check Eph 5:3-13 for more enlightenment . I know people like you are of the stock with ogly eyes looking for Sisters in Church to bed! Be careful, God is not mocked!

If you are in Christ Embassy, as I suspect, look for another Church that preaches truth and join. You won't make heaven following that crap you wrote on there for a doctrine! A word is enough for the Wise!

you are entitled to your opinion. Not a member of any church but I belong to the entire body of Christ. So you are now a Pharisee that look after men that chase women in the, I pity you, cos that's eye service. God knows those who diligently seek him...
Your choice of words speaks more of the type of Christian you are

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

You need to understand righteousness.
I PRAY YOU COME TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUTH ABOUT THE GOSPEL THROUGH REVELATIONAL KNOW. SHALOM.....
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by specco(m): 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
tempest69:

SHALOM!!!!!!!

This is a gospel of convenience. Which is more reason why its hard to differentiate a believer from an unbeliever nowadays.
Should we continue in sin so that grace may abound?
The knowledge that the Lord Jesus paid the price doesnt give us the freedom to revel in sin.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by chiefmidwife: 2:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
tempest69:

SHALOM!!!!!!!
You got it totally wrong
Read Heb.10v26,Heb.6v4 and Rom6V1to end..a child of God doesn't sin
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by Farkson(m): 2:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
God have mercy on u all.
Re: 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. by tempest69: 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2015
nnamdiosu:

1st john 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that
you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we
have an advocate with the Father--Jesus
Christ, the Righteous One.

also the same 1st john says.....IF WE SAY WS HAVE NO SIN THE TRUTH IS NOT IN US. BUT IF WE CONFESS OUR SIN THE BLOOD IF JESUS IS ABLE TO CLEANSE US FROM OUR SINS.

PLS DONT TEACH HERESY. GOD BLESS YOU

Thanks Brother!!! Hebrews 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The moment you confess Christ JESUS as your Lord you are saved once and for all. Unlike the old Testament where sins are only covered not cleaned through sacrifices and offerings.

Read the whole Hebrew you would understand that the sin that is unpleasing to God is UNBELIEF!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Carissa Sharon; Lovely New Photos / Ese Walter Who Claims To Have Slept With COZA Pastor Abiodun / I Empathise With Busola Dakolo - Pastor Sam Adeyemi Breaks His Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.