Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,561 members, 7,847,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:40 PM

How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' (1052 Views)

London Court Registers N99 Billion Judgment Against Nigerian Military / FG Refuses To Appeal Ruling Against Kashamu’s Extradition / BREAKING: I Won't Return To PDP, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by SUCONANA(m): 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2015
How APC 'Bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, by PDP
-Says N150m budgeted to 'buy' appeal court judges

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Senator representing Ogun East Senatorial District, Prince Buruji Kashamu have petitioned the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa demanding the disbandment of the Ogun State Court of Appeal Panel sitting in Ibadan over allegations of inducement, influence peddling and pervasion of justice.

In two separate petitions to the President of the Court of Appeal, the PDP and Kashamu alleged that the All Progressives Congress (APC) had through a Senior Advocate of Nigeria compromised the members of the Appeal Panel empanelled to entertain appeals arising from the outcomes of the National Assembly and States Assemblies Elections petitions in Ogun State.

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had accused the ruling All Progressives' Congress (APC) of influencing a recent judgement of the Ogun State Elections Petition Tribunal ordering a re-run of elections in several constituencies in the state.

The PDP pointedly accused  APC of channelling N150 million through a senior lawyer from a North Eastern part of the country to help it get a "favourable" judgement in the Court of Appeal, even as the party asked for a disbandment of the Appeal panel.

The allegations were raised in separate petitions to the President, Court of Appeal by the PDP, and Senator representing Ogun East, Buruji Kashamu.

In the letter dated November 18, 2015, and signed by PDP secretary in Ogun State Alhaji Semiu Shodipo‎, the party faulted the decision of the tribunal in ordering fresh elections in certain wards even when APC didn't make such prayers.

Titled "Compromise of Ibadan Election Petitions Appeal Panel by the APC for Ogun State Election Petitions," the ‎PDP blamed the loss of its candidates at the Elections tribunal on the fact that it toyed with reports on the unholy alliance between some APC chieftains and the tribunal panellists.

According to the PDP secretary, the "allegations of compromise of the trial Tribunal members by the APC candidates...led to petitions submitted to the National Judicial Council against the said Tribunal members. This petition is however written to seek your Lordships intervention in respect of the appearance of a clear likelihood of bias on the part of the Justices of the Court of Appeal empanelled to sit as the Elections Petitions Appeal Tribunal (at the Court of Appeal, Ibadan) in respect of appeals from the judgment of the Ogun State trial Tribunal," wrote the PDP scribe.

He continued, "This intervention is required for the reconstitution of the said panel because of the close relationship of one of the counsel of the APC candidates and the Senior Advocate of Nigeria to at least two of the said Justices; which relationship the APC candidates have boasted is to be used to compromise the said justices to order the return of the APC candidates or to uphold the decision of the Tribunal for reruns of all the elections. It has been boasted to my hearing by one of the APC candidates that the sum of 150 million Naira was paid to (names withheld) to ensure that the result of the appeals filed to the said panel end in favour of the APC candidates.

The petition recalled how a certain Dapo Abiodun, APC's senatorial candidate, had before the tribunal delivered judgment, publicly boasted that his party had a deal with some judges to upturn PDP's victory.

"Our suspicion was heightened when by Thursday 8th of October the leadership of the party distributed branded t-shirts to members of the APC and they had bought cows and were making merriment in celebration of their anticipated victory even before the reading of the judgment of the tribunal," lamented the PDP scribe.

More shocking, said the scribe, was "that the entries that the tribunal used in the judgment as the basis for its decision that there were irregularities and discrepancy in the scores of the parties in the INEC FORMS EC8A (II) and EC8B (II) did not emanate from the result sheets and voters registers submitted to the tribunal in evidence.

"My Lord, if it has been established that 91 out of the 110 polling units cancelled were not challenged by the petitioners, where did the tribunal get the evidence it used in nullifying the result of the election in those places? " posed PDP.

"It is in the above circumstances that we humbly request that you intervene and save us from a situation that could occasion a miscarriage of justice by reconstituting the panel in such a way that its independence and impartiality may be guaranteed," declared PDP.

Senator Kashamu had in his own petition noted that on the day the tribunal delivered the judgment, Justice Tobi took about 15minutes to address the counsel and litigants about the issues of corruption of the tribunal which was rife in the state. He admonished parties not to fight but accept the judgment in good faith. He said although he and his colleagues did not collect any money from anyone to do his/her bidding, the money should choke them if they did.
However, upon receiving the certified true copy of the judgment after it was delivered, I found, to my utmost surprise that the tribunal ignored the facts of the case before them and descended into the arena.

A careful perusal of the judgement vis-à-vis the pleadings of the petitioners showed that 91 out of 110 polling units that the tribunal nullified were not even pleaded by the petitioners let alone evidence being led to them. Upon the study of the judgement, I discovered that the tribunal in a desperate attempt to assist the APC, cancelled the result of 110 polling units that the tribunal nullified were not even pleaded by the petitioners let alone evidence being led to them. Had the APC complained about these polling units in their petition, my lawyers would have been in a position to provide evidence in respect of those polling units.

My lord, if from the foregoing, it has been established that 91 out of 110 polling units cancelled were not challenged by the petitioners, where did the tribunal get the evidence it used in nullifying the result of the election in those places? That is the crux of the matter.

The tribunal enormously directed the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct a fresh election in the affected polling unit where the result of election were cancelled. What is more, after cancelling/voiding of votes which the Tribunal found were not lawful votes, it awarded 70,077 votes to Dapo Abiodun and gave me 75,856. I still led my opponent by 5,179 votes, yet it failed to affirm my victory. This is the more reason it is imperative that the allegation of miscarriage of justice is investigated and its veracity or otherwise of the claim is established.

Senator Kashamu further said that I am of the firm belief that the conduct of the members of the tribunal with respect to its barefaced pervasion of justice under reference should be investigated by the chairman of the National judicial Council so that truth and justice prevail in the end.

Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by cleverg(m): 6:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
Why are the APC so desperate? If PDP is as desperate as them, they will never taste power talkless of misusing it.The is no room for 1party system in Nigeria. We voted massively for Kashamu in the last election, any attempt to hijack our mandate through the back door. Ogun EAST stand with #Buruji.

1 Like

Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by enduranceijoba(m): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ana God go gudge them. Awon Alaraka God we always be with you distugused senator Buruji Kashamu. Dapo go and wait for your turn.

1 Like

Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by GovernorGeneral: 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
I shall keep saying it that APC has an agenda to make Nigeria one party system. Imagine a govt promised the masses of zero corruption environment but now indulging in manipulation of opponent victories through tribunals and court of appeal. In a situation of this, all those concerned, stakeholders and foreign communities SHOULD rise to the task to defend our electoral processes through the judiciary which the last hope of common man.

1 Like

Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by GovernorGeneral: 9:00pm On Nov 22, 2015
shall keep saying it that APC has an agenda to make Nigeria one party system. Imagine a govt promised the masses of zero corruption environment but now indulging in manipulation of opponent victories through tribunals and court of appeal. In a situation of this, all those concerned, stakeholders and foreign communities SHOULD rise to the task to defend our electoral processes through the judiciary which the last hope of common man.

1 Like

Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by eboraogun: 12:22am On Nov 23, 2015
Honestly where is the change we are craving for,the same allegations that were levied against PDP that necessitated the change is now playing out.
For me I don't see APC as an alternative that will uphold the mandate freely given by the electorate, they seems to understand how to usurp people mandate through the use of their willing tool judiciary
Senator kashamu should not loose sleep regarding their evil plan because I believe if the election were to take place again, he will still defeat them hands down,they can only try,whoever God has chosen ,no tribunal can ever annul.
Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by MAJESTY2828: 12:37am On Nov 23, 2015
APC out of their frivolous pursuit to claim what didn't belong to them often embarked on callous act of challenging of the victory of Senator Buruji Kashamu at poll. SBK clearly defeated the candidate of the APC Dapo Abiodun hands down to the extent that even the daft in the society can confirm that Dapo Abiodun can't withstand the popularity of SBK in his own Polling Unit not to talk of other areas that are strongholds of SBK in the district. In APC antics to highjack power which they couldn't get thru practicable electoral process if not via back door, they usually woos the tribunal panels with money and remote them via the power of the office of the President to scuttle equitable dispensation of justice to suit their desire and frustrate fairness. But in this case of Senator Buruji Kashamu they will fail and be put to shame no matter the height of the triers.
Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by Funbox3: 1:18am On Nov 23, 2015
cool

Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:34am On Nov 23, 2015
Kashamu is a wanted drug dealer. He shouldn't be making laws or be in Government until his case is brought to conclusion and he's exonerated in a U.S court.
Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by sammyj: 2:38am On Nov 23, 2015
The alleged drug barron is going down whether PDP likes it or not no matter the amount of blackmail can stop it. PDP plaiting dirty politics since 1845 BC . angry shocked cool
Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by PRYCE(m): 3:20am On Nov 23, 2015
Kashamu... Tinubu's Understudy! They both dealt drugs!
Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by fistonati(m): 3:21am On Nov 23, 2015
Money dts enough to build classrooms is what u guys are wasting on court cases, where is our common interests
Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by eboraogun: 8:33am On Nov 23, 2015
Don't be jealous of those who seems to be living a more luxurious life than your family. Blessing is from God. In order to develop the quality of contentment, look at those people who have less than you, not those who have more. Thank God for the blessings in your life.
Senator Buruji Kashamu is the man of the masses.
Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by tundecashman1: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2015
APC and their one party agenda. I just don't know what our judiciary is turning to in the hands of this APC people. They should leave the judiciary alone to make their truthful decision on any case without any compromise.
Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by gni7770: 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2015
Right from the beginning, the Judgment lack integrity and the judges who did the hatchet job should remember that one day they will face serious panel of justice before Almighty Allah and I know quite alright that we are all subjects of God. Hmmmm, Nigerian where are we going under this Democracy military ruling in disguise under the leadership of PMB who is acting as if he was a saint while our Judiciary is Corrupt day by day. I can’t just know what APC LED GOVT wanted to turn this Nation to? if I may ask because our Judiciary is nothing to write home about. Well, I pray to Almighty Allah to intervene quickly. This Appellate Court should save this Nation by doing the right thing started from this Sen. Kashamu’s case. I rest my view for now.
Re: How APC 'bought' Judgment Against Kashamu, By PDP -says N150m Budgeted To 'buy' by gni7770: 8:35am On Mar 08, 2016
Federal Lawmaker, Hon Adekoya Empowers Women Groups, Rebuilds Mosques, Churches.

Posted by Dayo Rufai

A federal Lawmaker representing Ijebu North, Ijebu East and Ogun waterside federal constituency in the House of Representatives, Hon Abdel-Majid Adesegun Adekoya has embarked on massive support for religious organisations to enhance the spiritual wellbeing of his constituents.

In his quest to make the second oldest church in Ijebu land, Ako Methodist Church to be an ultra- modern cathedral, he recently pulled down the old structure and mobilized the construction firm to commence work immediately.

The church was first built in 1984 and the new structure is near completion now.

Hon. Adekoya has also commenced the rebuilding of an abandoned mosque in Oni Ward 2 of Ogun Waterside Local Government Area.

The information regarding the abandoned mosque was brought to his attention by one of his constituents in the said ward via a text message sent to his phone and he immediately swung into action by supplying bags of cement, loads of sharp sand, roofing materials and enough cash to complete the mosque.

In the same vein, he has made provisions for construction work to commence on a Mosque in Mamu, Ward 11 in Ijebu North Local Government Area earlier this week.

In his words, “These are just too important for me to do because I have chosen to be a vehicle for supporting spiritual development in my lifetime. As the Bible says “For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.” I have resolved to always heed religion calls any day without hesitation especially when it has to do with building and revamping of religious structures. Those who know me very well will attest to the fact that over the years, I have always supported religious bodies in whatever capacity I can. I have successfully built a mosque and more are still at different stages of construction. I am committed to doing this as long as I live”.

Members of the community expressed their appreciation through Alhaji Ogunade who spoke on behalf of the elders of the mosque, he showered prayers on the Federal Lawmaker and assured him of their physical and spiritual support always.

Similarly, the same gesture was extended to women groups in Ijebu-Igbo today as he empowers over 50 women with cash donation of N25,000 each to support their businesses.

The empowerment programme was done at the country home of Engr. Bayo Dayo, Ogun State PDP Chairman in Ijebu-Igbo.

These women left with smiles on their faces and expressed appreciations for the generosity of the Honourable member.

He said that continuous empowerment of women and positive engagement of the teeming youth are focal points in his plans for his people.

http://ijebunewsxtra.com/news-around/federal-lawmaker-hon-adekoya-empowers-women-groups-rebuilds-mosques-churches/#more-3366

(1) (Reply)

Silence From Nigerian Army After Image Of ‘dead Nigerian Soldiers’ Surfaces / Biafra: Leaders To Meet Buhari On Igbo Marginalisation. / Change: Aisha Buhari Visit Wife Of Dubai Prime Minister Whilst Buhari Junket.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.