Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,987 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? (3810 Views)

"My daughter can speak 3 international languages" Nigerian Dad praise daughter / Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez / I Can’t Hold Back Sexual Urge Towards My Daughter – Widower Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Kimoni: 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
Your daughter appears smarter than you are, she knows your weaknesses and is able to adequately leverage on it to achieve her objective while you, as mother and adult do not even recognize your child, how much more knowing what she is capable of.

Why would you keep something as grievous as a family rape to yourself just because you don't want to scatter the family? Which mother does that undecided And why will your daughter get you to promise not to tell her dad she got pregnant and aborted and you will also succumb undecided Didn't you say she was raped?

Infact, the more I break this story into pieces, the more convinced I am it's a fake story. Bye blogger!
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
You made a lot of mistakessad

What type of mother would cover up rape because of a potential family feud? Why should your daughter trust you if you cannot risk everything for her? Did you get a counsellor for her after the incident? Why on earth would you keep something like that from your husband? Obviously, she doesn't trust or respect you as a mother or a friend.

I think you should tell your husband not for the sake of your marriage but for the sake of your daughter that is if you love her. He might leave you afterwards but do not blame him.

Please get the cousin and the lesson teacher arrested. Get your daughter psychological help. It is your choice whether you want her to keep the baby or not. You need to start being proactive. Your daughter needs a firm hand, she shouldn't be given any freedom.

@kandikane, the man was doing his best to provide for them. Her job was to ensure that the kids are well catered for.

N.B, lesson teachers shouldn't be lett alone with kids. If he cannot teach them in front of you, get someone who can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by damiso(f): 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
Kimoni:
Your daughter appears smarter than you are, she knows your weaknesses and is able to adequately leverage on it to achieve her objective while you, as mother and adult do not even recognize your child, how much more knowing what she is capable of.

Why would you keep something as grievous as a family rape to yourself just because you don't want to scatter the family? Which mother does that undecided And why will your daughter get you to promise not to tell her dad she got pregnant and aborted and you will also succumb undecided Didn't you say she was raped?

Infact, the more I break this story into pieces, the more convinced I am it's a fake story. Bye blogger!

its Linda Ikeji you should blame o LOL

Who no wan live for Bannana Island?

Please bloggers try to make your content more original seriously.

If story is real though na wa for 'not wanting to scatter family' SMH
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
Dear lady from Tribune

You went wrong a long time ago

Your child is your child and not your age mate friend. This is a mistake that some parents make. The child has to know that you are in charge, until they are old enough to make their own decisions and live their own lives.

How can you both gang up and keep something as serious as this from your hubby? who is the parent and who is the child?

BTW that uncle rapist within the family will do it again and again to another innocent child and your covering him up has only put another child to suffer.
You only just bought him time, cos one day soon he will do it again and be caught and punished appropriately

2 Likes

Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Kimoni: 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
damiso:

its Linda Ikeji you should blame o LOL

Who no wan live for Bannana Island?

Please bloggers try to make your content more original seriously.

If story is real though na wa for 'not wanting to scatter family' SMH

Hahahaha but we readers wan live for banana island too naa
Anyways, more power to their elbow
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by damiso(f): 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
Kimoni:

Hahahaha but we readers wan live for banana island too naa
Anyways, more power to their elbow

LOL

Saw your mention about TV license and you are right.

We do pay the TV license. But as Saga said you have to pay it when you have lil kids especially not with my own over sabi children.

That is when my daughter will be saying ' mummy why are you hiding' why are you not answering the door'

Why are you all paraing its not that much now its less than £15 a month naa?
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by anathemiamia(f): 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
You need to forgive yourself and remember that even though you are her friend, you- are her mother first. As soon as a girl starts having sex, esp at that age, its difficult to go back. You will not always be there. It seems to me like she has too much time on her hands. As for your hubby, just keep holding your head up. Let him see how sorry u are. I would say dont tell him of the first one yet but your daughter might just tell him. Now is really not the time to make him even angrier. talk to him. I mean try to talk to him. Its difficult to see your baby become an adult without you even noticing. If you are not sure what he wants, let him lead, then u follow. Ask before doing any thing. I mean anything. Also when daughters are the dads favourite, they get spoiled and take life for granted because he will always protect them even when they are wrong. Its u to curtail that. It makes you the bad guy but someone has to do it. It may seem late for her but u need to pray and actually believe she'll change

Notice how both times, u were not the one to notice she was pregnant first. You are not paying attention to her. You really are not. These kids give signs. They may not be obvious but there are always signs...
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by anathemiamia(f): 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
daretodiffer:
You made a lot of mistakessad

What type of mother would cover up rape because of a potential family feud? Why should your daughter trust you if you cannot risk everything for her? Did you get a counsellor for her after the incident? Why on earth would you keep something like that from your husband? Obviously, she doesn't trust or respect you as a mother or a friend.

I think you should tell your husband not for the sake of your marriage but for the sake of your daughter that is if you love her. He might leave you afterwards but do not blame him.

Please get the cousin and the lesson teacher arrested. Get your daughter psychological help. It is your choice whether you want her to keep the baby or not. You need to start being proactive. Your daughter needs a firm hand, she shouldn't be given any freedom.

@kandikane, the man was doing his best to provide for them. Her job was to ensure that the kids are well catered for.

N.B, lesson teachers shouldn't be lett alone with kids. If he cannot teach them in front of you, get someone who can.

Do you honestly believe her side of the story??
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Kimoni: 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
damiso:

LOL

Saw your mention about TV license and you are right.

We do pay the TV license. But as Saga said you have to pay it when you have lil kids especially not with my own over sabi children.

That is when my daughter will be saying ' mummy why are you hiding' why are you not answering the door'

Why are you all paraing its not that much now its less than £15 a month naa?

£15 per annum will get me a decent pair of shoe if not two sef
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Ursino(f): 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2015
You aborted a 4month old pregnancy without your husband's consent? Damn it! You are paying for it dearly, and if you don't show remorse, you will suffer more. It's payback time. Better go and confess your sins. The first person to confess to is your husband, and be ready to accept whatever outcome. You can't run from your shadow, it must follow you around.
Lest I forget, go and release the poor lesson teacher. You fetched an ant-infested firewood, be ready to have a dance with the lizards. Support him. Let him take care of the daughter, and ensure she delivers safely. If you have the wherewithal, groom him to be your son in-law. If not, you can separate the two when their child is of weaning age.
Your daughter is wayward( sorry to say that). Even if you send her to the Convent, she will still find her way around things. Now that it has hooked her twice, let her learn her lessons the hard way.
And meanwhile, how come you never discovered things about your only daughter until 3rd parties drew your attention to them? Hmmm! Tells me more about your personality!
Take it easy. And allow your husband to handle it this time around.
I wish her safe delivery.

On another note, if you had done such things to your own mother, kindly go and Ask for her forgiveness. What goes around...
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
anathemiamia:

Do you honestly believe her side of the story??

I don't know and I can't really be bothered because either way it was her fault.

Another question for the op, did you teach your daughte sex education?
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
Ursino:
You aborted a 4month old pregnancy without your husband's consent? Damn it! You are paying for it dearly, and if you don't show remorse, you will suffer more. It's payback time. Better go and confess your sins. The first person to confess to is your husband, and be ready to accept whatever outcome. You can't run from your shadow, it must follow you around.
Lest I forget, go and release the poor lesson teacher. You fetched an ant-infested firewood, be ready to have a dance with the lizards. Support him. Let him take care of the daughter, and ensure she delivers safely. If you have the wherewithal, groom him to be your son in-law. If not, you can separate the two when their child is of weaning age.
Your daughter is wayward( sorry to say that). Even if you send her to the Convent, she will still find her way around things. Now that it has hooked her twice, let her learn her lessons the hard way.
And meanwhile, how come you never discovered things about your only daughter until 3rd parties drew your attention to them? Hmmm! Tells me more about your personality!
Take it easy. And allow your husband to handle it this time around.
I wish her safe delivery.

On another note, if you had done such things to your own mother, kindly go and Ask for her forgiveness. What goes around...

I think she is wayward out of ignorance. She doesn't sound like she discusses sex and sextualitu issues with her daughter. Even though, abstinence is the ideal, we cannot ignore the fact that most people (religious or not religious) are sexually active. That is why I believe that she hasn't done her job.

The lesson teacher should rot in jail, she doesn't need his services
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
Kimoni:

Some mothers have done worse
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
Yomieluv:
You caused it,why would you make her believe that there's a way if she's pregnant again.

Had it been she had the baby,she would have sit up.

She's a loose bitch,best thing,chain her waist with iron,and put alarm to alert of intruders.

Having a baby will not change her

Are you a Nigerian at all?
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by SAMBARRY: 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
Fabricators of stories una no dey taya
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by damiso(f): 11:22am On Nov 24, 2015
Kimoni:

£15 per annum will get me a decent pair of shoe if not two sef

Ijebu.
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
damiso:

Ijebu.

She is right
Shoe Zone slippers are £7.99 each
They do a good job in Naija dust and heat
grin grin grin grin grin

I was laughing at oga who was complaining that his suede moccasins were looking like dessert shoes after only 4 days.
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by damiso(f): 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
tearoses:

She is right
Shoe Zone slippers are £7.99 each
They do a good job in Naija dust and heat
grin grin grin grin grin

I was laughing at oga who was complaining that his suede moccasins were looking like dessert shoes after only 4 days.

So you too don't pay TV license?
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
damiso:

So you too don't pay TV license?

I was referring to the £15 shoes

They are owing me sef smiley
Some things I just put on direct debit
Too many bills to be faffing about with
Re: Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? by Kimoni: 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
damiso:

Ijebu.

Hahahaha Proper one cool

I'd rather save that money for 1 year to get myself one ogbonge shoe at R&B and if I'm lucky to meet sales, I might get 2 sef.

But like tearoses said, if you're coming to naija, pls go to shoe zone with the quid and pack plenty "Iya kaabo, omo kuule"

Lobatan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help, I Cant Stop Masturbation At The Age Of 34 And Am Not Married / Help Save Our Marriage... / Femite Online Baby's Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.