Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue (1186 Views)

Buhari To Igbo Leaders: 7 Northern States Produced Junior Ministers But / Igbo Leaders & Hamza Almustapha Meet Prof Ango Abdullahi (Photos) / Biafra: Igbo Govs, Leaders To Parley With Agitators, FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by illiad: 12:27am On Nov 23, 2015
Ihuoma Chiedozie, Enugu Political and opinion leaders in the South-East, including state governors, on Sunday agreed to set up a committee to dialogue with pro-Biafra activists and the Federal Government over the ongoing agitation for Biafra. The decision was taken at a meeting of South- East Elders, which was convened by the state governors, in Enugu. A communique issued after the meeting, which was also attended by members of the National Assembly, some former governors, and other elder statesmen from the zone, said the proposed committee would dialogue with the two major pro-Biafra groups – the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, and the Indigenous People of Biafra. MASSOB and IPOB are championing the ongoing agitation, which had led to massive protests in major cities of the South-East and South-South. The agitation was triggered by the detention of the leader of IPOB and director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.

http://punchng.com/igbo-leaders-biafra-agitators-fg-to-dialogue/
Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by wiseoneking: 12:52am On Nov 23, 2015
illiad:
Ihuoma Chiedozie, Enugu
Political and opinion leaders in the South-East,
including state governors, on Sunday agreed to
set up a committee to dialogue with pro-Biafra
activists and the Federal Government over the
ongoing agitation for Biafra.
The decision was taken at a meeting of South-
East Elders, which was convened by the state
governors, in Enugu.
A communique issued after the meeting, which
was also attended by members of the National
Assembly, some former governors, and other
elder statesmen from the zone, said the proposed
committee would dialogue with the two major
pro-Biafra groups – the Movement for the
Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, and
the Indigenous People of Biafra.
MASSOB and IPOB are championing the ongoing
agitation, which had led to massive protests in
major cities of the South-East and South-South.
The agitation was triggered by the detention of the
leader of IPOB and director of Radio Biafra,
Nnamdi Kanu.

http://punchng.com/igbo-leaders-biafra-agitators-fg-to-dialogue/
first step up the ladder. I hope they trash out their grievances well. I issues of regionalism and state autonomy should be considered in the interim as the state of biafra remains in the offing. To your tent oh isreal.
Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by dialfa: 1:01am On Nov 23, 2015
see fear
so they want to dialogue now?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by Trut(m): 1:08am On Nov 23, 2015
As far as IPOB didn't send delegates to that meeting, there resolution is useless like sanitary PAD.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by warripekin(m): 1:14am On Nov 23, 2015
Trut:
As far as IPOB didn't send delegates to that meeting, there resolution is useless like sanitary PAD.
Somebody in aso rock is jittery. More pressure from ipob please, we will join u guys from Warri. We must renogiate Nigeria. Resource control or no Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by 49cents(m): 1:24am On Nov 23, 2015
The five percent giving Bubu sleepless nights

I don't believe in Biafra, I believe in a restrucyred Nigerian. State

I would even like the name Nigeria changed as it's too demeaning like as though Nigeria were a pet dog called bingo by its owner
Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by NuellettY: 1:24am On Nov 23, 2015
And what are their position on the continued detention of Kanu
Well, as much as l know.....Biafra has come to stay whether they dialogue or not

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by okeyley: 1:33am On Nov 23, 2015
I expected them to ask bullHarry. for the unconditional release of Nnamdi Kanu

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by basilo101: 3:08am On Nov 23, 2015
release Kanu on bail and start his trial. Lets see what u are charging him with. Follow the simple rule of law, is that too hard?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by kingdompropty: 3:39am On Nov 23, 2015
One thing I know for sure is that IPOB will not attend such meeting. Biafra or nothing,the remaining parties can restructure what is left as Nigeria.

Wish them well.

The demography has changed, we don't trust all those Ohaneze and Imam governors.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by ghkjsvjls: 5:40am On Nov 23, 2015
director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.

Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by austinsmat(m): 5:58am On Nov 23, 2015
old fools why don't you tell buhari to release Nnamdi KANU first. all what you people is after is to go to abuja and collect your own national bribe cake, audu is dead now upon all the money he stole death takes his life. pls Igbo old elders what will you eat today and your children children still suffer pls allow youth to take there destiny by themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 23, 2015
way to go.dialogue always d best option.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by Chigold101(m): 8:38am On Nov 23, 2015
Trut:
they want to come to a table with IPOB and MASSOB members... Which is a good move.

Now somebody is taken Biafra struggle serious....
Re: Igbo Leaders, Biafra Agitators, FG To Dialogue by Chigold101(m): 8:40am On Nov 23, 2015
49cents:
The five percent giving Bubu sleepless nights

I don't believe in Biafra, I believe in a restrucyred Nigerian. State

I would even like the name Nigeria changed as it's too demeaning like as though Nigeria were a pet dog called bingo by its owner

what you believe is not what Hausa/Fulani believe. APC also do not share in your believe either. If they do, they should go back to the report of Nat Confab of last year.

(1) (Reply)

This Better Not Be True! / Between IPOB & Boko Haram, Which Is Worse??? / Nwankwo Kanu’s Accounts Frozen Over Alleged N9bn Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.