Stats: 3,194,730 members, 7,955,766 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:35 PM

Three Paths - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Paths (90142 Views)

Silent Paths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Paths by lumzybo: 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
The waiting is OVER!!! So happy this thread is alive again.

Welcome back... and pls, no more stunt until the final fullstop...

Gracias

Re: Three Paths by kinah(f): 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
Welcome back
observation
the story needed to b edited.
nw dat tania is preg?? When
that means it is nt a few days bt mths.
nothing abt wale and Tania married,
abi;

Re: Three Paths by SexySapphire(f): 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
If it isn't Fantasyisland, who else could it be? Welcome back fantasy. Nice story you have going on. Missed you since the days of I is for infidelity and R for repercussion, one of my best stories ever on NL. Tagging along with this also. Well done,

Re: Three Paths by pryd(m): 9:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
Welcome back! Now let the music play on...
Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 10:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nat is one strong lady. cheesy

Re: Three Paths by lumzybo: 10:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
olashas:
Nat is one strong lady. cheesy

You came in late. Wanted to mention you but I just decided against it. I know u will still come.

How was the break?

Re: Three Paths by Alezy(m): 10:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
Fantasyisland:

Sir, my complete books are on Okada.com
oh. ..that's OK thanks
Re: Three Paths by horlah1(f): 11:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ride on ma
Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 9:02am On Feb 05, 2016
lumzybo:

You came in late. Wanted to mention you but I just decided against it. I know u will still come.

How was the break?
Oh thanks smiley.

It was good
Re: Three Paths by virtuedagirl(f): 11:49am On Feb 05, 2016
welcome back fantasy&tanks alot 4 d updates
Re: Three Paths by gal10(f): 8:09am On Feb 06, 2016
Welcome back FantasyIsland!! Thanks for the update!
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 1:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
kinah:
Welcome back
observation
the story needed to b edited.
nw dat tania is preg?? When
that means it is nt a few days bt mths.
nothing abt wale and Tania married,
abi;

Thanks so much for your observation. I appreciate when readers ask questions or spot things I may have missed. Its far better as opposed to ''more, more'' LOL

Please note chapter 34. (after Wole quit) clearly stated 5 months later. This is more than enough time for Wole and Tania to marry and get pregnant. Also note they had done introduction and their plan was to get married at the end of the year.

I personally don't feel I need to go on and on about waka pass actors in this novel. Once your business ends with my major characters, I don't have to keep forcing them in. I just try to resolve some nagging issues with them and move on.

Re: Three Paths by kinah(f): 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
Fantasyisland:

Thanks so much for your observation. I appreciate when readers ask questions or spot things I may have missed. Its far better as opposed to ''more, more'' LOL

Please note chapter 34. (after Wole quit) clearly stated 5 months later. This is more than enough time for Wole and Tania to marry and get pregnant. Also note they had done introduction and their plan was to get married at the end of the year.

I personally don't feel I need to go on and on about waka pass actors in this novel. Once your business ends with my major characters, I don't have to keep forcing them in. I just try to resolve some nagging issues with them and move on.

tnks

more inspiration
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:19am On Feb 07, 2016
As she watched them from the safety of her car, sweat continued to pour from her forehead. Tania had given her an epic disgrace and she would have accepted it in gratitude but now, she had roped Belinda in. She had exposed her weakness to someone who knew her. Not just anyone but someone who knew her to reach inside house! For a moment, Ebube wished Belinda was not with her that day. She had even managed a weak attempt at an apology before Belinda came sprinting to her rescue.

She continued to grit her teeth and watch from afar ''mummy what is wrong with that woman?'' Ada asked. ''Why was she shouting like that?''

''Nne, I don’t know. Sit down please and strap on your seat belt. The moment Aunty Belinda comes, we are off''

Ebube continued to sweat even though her AC was on. Within the last minute or so Tania had spoken, she had threatened to send munched messages of her chat sessions with Wole to her husband. If Tania did that, Ebube knew she was finished.

Tania had said a lot of things; she said she had been waiting for her condition to improve before she confronted her. Suddenly Ebube decided she needed to leave the school premises so she murmured something to Ada and turned off the ignition.

She began the walk of shame and as she got closer to the pair, she could hear Tania judging matter for Belinda ''…and that woman did it twice and both times, it was in the comfort of her own home! On the second occasion her husband was in town, I was the one who disrupted things on that day. That woman, okay she has come back… look at her, ask her if I am lying. This woman you call your friend tried to seduce my then fiancée now my husband. She is not a decent person and she knows I am saying the truth. I am a teacher in this school; look at my staff badge around my neck. I should be the one afraid to confront a parent, but I am as bold as a lion and that is because I am saying the truth''

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:22am On Feb 07, 2016
''She is mistaken me for someone else'' Ebube replied in a calm voice.

''I am not and if you say that again, I will disgrace you further. I was just telling your friend that God has vindicated my husband. Yes, Wole is now my husband. He also got a better job, far better than anything your husband gave or would have provided''

Then Ebube addressed Belinda ''Bel, let us go. My kids are hungry and tired''

''Shame on you woman!'' Tania whispered fiercely.

''Madam, it is okay'' Belinda replied in a low tone. ''It is your word against hers besides if your husband is doing well today and you are now married, then you didn’t lose anything''

''He lost the opportunity to sever ties properly with his benefactor - his former boss. That was a man he so respected and Mr Uzoh will not even pick my husband's call. The poor man never understood the real reason why he quit and it is this woman that caused it. I feel bad for her husband. Mr Uzoh is a good man, but he is married to a wicked woman!''

Suddenly Ebube spoke out ''Madam, I am sorry for anything you think I may have caused. I apologise because no one is perfect. You are married now and I thank God for that. Please let us move forward for the sake of peace. There is a lot more that happened but there is no need to reopen old wounds. I don’t know what you have in your phone but I'm not reporting to your employer and there is no need to report to anyone's husband'' as she spoke, her heart continued to pound heavily and Belinda threw another 'peace speech' her way. Then Tania hissed and walked away with her tiny bump.

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:24am On Feb 07, 2016
Immediately, Ebube began to heave and Belinda held her by the shoulder ''shush now! Suck it in chic, it's all over. Breathe in and out, your kids are probably watching from the car. I don’t think you have anything to fear. She just wanted to rattle you, she wouldn’t be doing any talking''

''Are you sure? I'm so scared''

''I can empty my account to show how serious I am. How long ago did this happen?''

''About 6 months ago or so''

''That’s towards the later part of last year''

''Yes''

''Then you have nothing to fear, if she didn’t talk then, she wouldn’t talk now. This is just for revenge sake, nothing more, nothing less. If it worries you that much, I can come back and smoothen the sharp edges with her. However, I don’t think that would be necessary. That will be giving her too much power and you cannot afford to show any further sign of weakness. She seems like a decent person so I don’t think you have anything to fear''

''Yeah, yeah, thank you'' Ebube replied between sniffles.

''Let's get out of here'' Belinda replied. Then she looked around in relief and tugged at her friend's hand.

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:27am On Feb 07, 2016
[size=18pt]40[/size]
Since the issue with his wife, Ken had completely ignored Okiemute. Nevertheless, she still had the nerve to call sometimes but he never picked her calls. Sometimes she texted him and he would text her right back with a word or two. Other times, depending on what she asked or said, it would be a line or nothing more. Ken who had a thing against youthful text language suddenly became a master at it. For example, Okiemute would type, I haven’t seen you in ages and Ken would reply k.

Then she would go further; Are you still mad at me? And he would reply 4get it. TTYL

I am sorry if I offended you but I had reasons. When we see, I would explain it. When do you think you can come around? And again Ken would reply IDK. Wld get bc 2u.

However something changed once his wife kicked him out. He finally decided to see her and Okiemute was as happy as a lark. The day he intimidated her of his plans, she said nothing more.

But just to make sure he wasn't playing tricks on her, she called him the following day and they spoke for some time. Ken didn’t sound happy or sad and when he asked if she would be around, Okiemute grunted in reply. She didn’t want to show it but inwardly, she was excited. And so on that day as Ken climbed up the familiar staircase, he continued to look around. Once upon a time, coming around gave him so much joy.

There were times as he climbed up her stairs, he came with a big ass erec*tion but not today. Today there was nothing beautiful about the plants in the orange coloured terracotta flower pot. In his heart he knew he was done with her. She ended it herself the moment she called Natasha.

By the time Ken got to her door, he stretched out a hand to knock and as was her usual practise, she flung the door wide open. It seemed like Okiemute was always on standby whenever someone was about to visit ''welcome'' she greeted but Ken walked past her into the house.

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:28am On Feb 07, 2016
Aprilwise, we are are alone. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! LOL

Its fun when its all quiet here, insist it?

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:29am On Feb 07, 2016
''How are you feeling?'' he asked.

''Okay''

''Almost there?''

''I guess'' afterwards she shrugged her shoulder and reached for a throw pillow. She held it like it was the most precious thing then squeezed gently.

For the next few minutes they continued to stare at themselves before Okiemute threw her face away. Ken continued to look in her direction and in that instant, he disliked her more than anything else in the world! She was as useless to him as a 50kobo coin. He not only disliked her but hated her, the only reason he continued to manage her was for his unborn child.

To further complicate issues, she was acting like nothing was amiss ''would you like something to drink?'' Okiemute asked in a childlike tone.

''Are you happy now?'' Ken asked.

''I haven’t been happy for a very long time''

''And you had to spread that to my home. You had to rope in my innocent wife after the lengthy explanation I gave you? Did you hate me so much you had to do that? I begged you. I pleaded with you. I explained everything to you. I told you I would pay your uncle something for his trouble and I did. I paid the cash into his account the next day not cheque. I did all I could to pacify you and your uncle. I explained the implication of Monday going ahead with that contract but you still did what you did. Are you an infant or were you hard of hearing? What part of it didn’t you get?''

''It is hard to believe you when you consistently lie Ken. You are like the boy who cried wolf''

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:29am On Feb 07, 2016
''Oh my God! I didn’t know life could be so difficult. I didn’t know women could be so… so inconsiderate. I have never had a woman behave the way you did. I think about what you did and I still shudder till date. What was that for? Why so callous? What did you stand to gain? Did you even think about how that would affect us? Did you think about my home? Did you think about what that bombshell would do to my wife? I have never experienced such recklessness in my entire life and you are just 25 for God sake! ''

''Can I also say I've never met a man that can lie like you?''

''You are an impossible girl!''

''Welcome to my world dear''

''Oh its goodbye to your world for sure. Make no mistake about it, whatever you think we shared died the moment you picked up your phone and called my wife. You see the consequence of your action? Today I've got no home, I'm not even sure where I'll lay my head tonight. I'm squatting with a friend today and another tomorrow. I'm moving around like a vagabond all thanks to you''

''I don’t know what to say. If you don’t mind me asking, why have you left your home at Ikoyi?''

Then Ken began to laugh. He looked into space and shook his head then he began to talk to himself ''why have I left home she asks? Why have I left home? I don’t blame you. What did you really know about me? What did you know about my life? What did you know about that place at Ikoyi? What did you really know about Nat? For your information, you stood to gain more if only you kept your mouth shut - not just for you but for your unborn child. And now you've ruined it, good luck with that''

''In any case, the truth would have come out someday. Better now than never. Better she knows her position and knows where I and my child stand''

Then Ken stood up and announced ''indeed you are but a child. Okiemute, there are different ways to the market square but you have chosen the most difficult terrain. You've scattered my home in the process and you can't have peace in yours''

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:30am On Feb 07, 2016
''Who are you to curse whom God has blessed?''

''I'm not getting into another shouting match with you today. I am sick and tired of talking to you. I just want you to know certain things. First, this is your 8th month and you have weeks to go. The rent of this house expires shortly afterwards''

''Ehen''

''For your information, I will not be renewing it''

''Joking''

''Secondly, it will be in your best interest to plan your exit from this point. The agent will not make an exception in your case just because you are a new mother. In addition, you will need help running around in those final days and you can bet your last penny it wouldn’t come from me. At the moment I'm putting up with a friend on the mainland - Festac to be precise. I don’t need to explain logistics to you''

''Orishirishi! And the baby nko? Our baby?''

''My duty to you ended the day you called Nat. My duty henceforth lies with that child you are carrying full stop''

''You don’t want to renew the rent. Is it on the road the child will sleep? Are we not intertwined at this point?''

''It is up to you. If you wish to give me the baby once she is born, I will be more than happy to bring her up. My mother will do that on our behalf…''

Then Okiemute rose up and began to yell and cry at the same time ''God himself forbid; you think I would allow another woman bring up my child while I'm alive? My child is not born throway, never has and never will. The person that will separate me from this child and say I will not bring her up has not been born!''

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:31am On Feb 07, 2016
''No problem, I will not fight you on that one. You better save your tears for the delivery day proper. I am not an unreasonable man so I wanted you to have options. Let it not be said tomorrow I left you alone to suffer. The option of my mother taking care of that child remains open should you decide otherwise''

''Not happening''

''If you want to train the child with whatever I can proffer fine. If you want my mother to bring her up, that options remains''

Then Okiemute raised her index finger and continued to yell ''make no mistake, thrice you have said so and thrice I have refused. My child remains with me, with or without your help''

''No problem, we are saying the same thing. By the way, when you said I didn’t see your parents, you were not totally correct. I didn’t go physically but I sent my people to make enquiries about your parent's house in Sapele. I also sent my people to Patani and I know your family tree down to the 10th generation''

''Meaning?''

Then Ken laughed and squinted at her. His voice dropped a notch and he began to talk in a low but menacing tone ''meaning that you can run but you cannot hide. If you choose to raise my daughter on your own, it is no problem but I will not forget I have a seed somewhere. I will provide for her as best as I can and even if you hide her from me, just know I know where to look once I'm ready''

''Is that all?''

''I don’t care where you go, I don’t care who you marry, I don’t care the lies you tell her about me, I don’t care the name you decide to give her and I don’t even care if you choose not to give her my name. Go to the farthest end of the earth and I will find you when I'm ready. Go inside bush, go inside well, make your home in Antarctica, make your home inside desert still I will find you. You may forget but I will never forget. I will come for my daughter someday this I swear on my life''

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:32am On Feb 07, 2016
Then Okiemute clapped her hands and shook her head with an announcement ''you will be involved of course. You don’t think I'll bear the burden of raising her on my own besides I don’t believe in keeping a child away from a parent''

''I'm glad we are beginning to reason like adults. I was thinking you wanted to cut off my access to her. I was thinking you wanted to make a mad man of me because I was ready to act that script. I've nothing to lose again''

''There will be no need for that''

''Good. In addition, you will be partially responsible for her from this point onwards. You left me no choice when you took my daily bread from my mouth. Besides the child is not solely my responsibility; you made her too''

''I agree but you encouraged me to have this baby'' then Okiemute began to cry afresh ''there is no way I would have done this but for your encouragement. You know what I mean so…''

''You could have said no but you chose to go on this journey with me. Listen, I'll do my bit but I want you to know right off the back that I will not be your cash cow! I will not be your maga! You no longer have my mumu button. I will not stand still and have you thrust all your receipts in my face. Gone are those days. I'll be in touch when necessary'' then Ken looked around the house one last time and announced ''take care Miss Oki''

Immediately, reality dawned on Okiemute. She looked around in confusion for a moment then she ran after him and called out his name just before he stepped out of the house ''what is it?'' Ken asked.

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:33am On Feb 07, 2016
''But bae, are you really serious about all you just said?''

''I'm not your bae - whatever that means''

''Ken, is it that bad? Are you really that mad at me? Quarter to pop and I'm alone like this? Are you truly leaving me like this; all on my own?''

''Yes''

''My dear, find it in your heart to forgive me. You didn’t even bother finding out the state of my mind when I made that call to her. I was highly hormonal - blame it on the pregnancy hormones. I was angry because you haven’t been treating me right. I felt you were taking me for granted. You told me a lot of lies, you were not as frequent as you once were plus you took back the contract from my uncle. I am but human after all so I snapped. I apologise if I have caused you or your family harm. Regardless of what you may think, that was never my intention. I am truly sorry dear''

''You didn’t just cause me harm Okiemute, you ruined my home and exposed my st.upid*dity while at it! I didn’t have to do this with you; there was another route to take but I was too desperate to see past my nose. I could have done this with my wife's consent by using the help of a surrogate. The money was never the problem but my impatience was. I've certainly taken something from this and I hope you have too. Goodbye'' then Ken opened the door and shut it quietly.

TBC

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:34am On Feb 07, 2016
Have a good day everyone. Off to prepare for church...

Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 5:44am On Feb 07, 2016
Fantasyisland:
Have a good day everyone. Off to prepare for church...
Omonomose... wa ke' vae
Re: Three Paths by eitsei(m): 6:13am On Feb 07, 2016
Hmmmm.. I pity okiemute her stupidity has caused her this, even if ken is the one who owns everything his wife has she shouldn't under any circumstances called nat

Re: Three Paths by gal10(f): 6:21am On Feb 07, 2016
Interesting. ...but why did Tania decide to confront ebube now?? sad
Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
Okiemute got served grin
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
the die is cast. keep it rolling.
Re: Three Paths by phemocheee(m): 3:25am On Feb 08, 2016
Okiemute is fried
Re: Three Paths by aprilwise(m): 4:11am On Feb 08, 2016
I don't know if okiemute is one of the three paths her character has take centre of the stage. The 3rd law of newton law of motion states that action nd reaction are equal nd opposite. That what okiemute is facing. Nice work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (37) (Reply)

Lethal Matrimony / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / The Devil In The Suit

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66