Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,175 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? (1462 Views)

What Is Now The Fate Of Pastor Ize-iyamu? / INEC Knew Of Audu’s Death Before Announcing Results / Olufemi Olu-kayode Confirms Audu's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 23, 2015
I ask this question in the sense that Audu has not yet been declared d winner of the just concluded governorship election, therefore if there should be a rerun, will his deputy run as the main candidate and choose a deputy? Or if Inec shuld go ahead and declare him d winner will his deputy authomatically bcum d governor? Or they choose a new governor in Audu's place? Or Wada d pdp candidate bcums d governor? Section 181 (1) of the 1999 nig const with regards to kogi has been interpreted in different ways, bt to me;

S.181(1) of the 1999 Nigerian
Constitution with regards to Kogi
motions for the declaration of Deputy
Gov Elect as Gov Elect in the case of
demise of the real Gov Elect.

Now if you take proper note, the
constitution only talks about an already
declared Gov Elect/Dep Gov Elect.
Late Audu(Bless is soul) was yet to be
declared a winner before his demise.
The constitution didn't make room for
posthumous declaration.
Law is Law and i expect no compromise
here.
I see a judicial quagmire ahead.
Pls wats ur view
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by HermajestyQ(f): 7:06am On Nov 23, 2015
Everywhere in Kogi has been quiet since saturday waiting for INEC announcement. All I can say is that I see APC losing governorship sit. Audu's deputy (Faleke) is from Okun d second largest ethnic group in d state, I don't see d (igalas) largest ethnic group supporting Faleke. APC will b doomed if they nominate another candidate besides Faleke to replace Audu cos the Okun ppl may not approve of it. We can only wait to see what will happen next.
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 23, 2015
HermajestyQ:
Everywhere in Kogi has been quiet since saturday waiting for INEC announcement. All I can say is that I see APC losing governorship sit. Audu's deputy (Faleke) is from Okun d second largest ethnic group in d state, I don't see d (igalas) largest ethnic group supporting Faleke. APC will b doomed if they nominate another candidate besides Faleke to replace Audu cos the Okun ppl may not approve of it. We can only wait to see what will happen next.
I agree wit u, Igala's will neva eva vote for an Okun man. Even tho they hate wada, they will vote him back instead of Falake. The only chances okun pple hav is if INEC shuld declare Audu winner and Faleke automatically bcums d governor. If thr shuld b a rerun? Hmmm

1 Like

Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
naughtynaughty:
I ask this question in the sense that Audu has not yet been declared d winner of the just concluded governorship election, therefore if there should be a rerun, will his deputy run as the main candidate and choose a deputy? Or if Inec shuld go ahead and declare him d winner will his deputy authomatically bcum d governor? Or they choose a new governor in Audu's place? Or Wada d pdp candidate bcums d governor? Section 181 (1) of the 1999 nig const with regards to kogi has been interpreted in different ways, bt to me;

S.181(1) of the 1999 Nigerian
Constitution with regards to Kogi
motions for the declaration of Deputy
Gov Elect as Gov Elect in the case of
demise of the real Gov Elect.

Now if you take proper note, the
constitution only talks about an already
declared Gov Elect/Dep Gov Elect.
Late Audu(Bless is soul) was yet to be
declared a winner before his demise.
The constitution didn't make room for
posthumous declaration.
Law is Law and i expect no compromise
here.
I see a judicial quagmire ahead.
Pls wats ur view

You sabi politics? shocked So your cranium is not empty afterall? shocked Wow!!! I see a judicial quagmire on the horizon too, but unlike you, I didn't have to wear grandma goggles to see it. tongue And why are you so interested in Kogi politics, are from that bush state too?
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 3:18am On Nov 24, 2015
RickRichards:

You sabi politics? shocked So your cranium is not empty afterall? shocked Wow!!! I see a judicial quagmire on the horizon too, but unlike you, I didn't have to wear grandma goggles to see it. tongue And why are you so interested in Kogi politics, are from that bush state too?
too many questions, dunno d1 to ansa first. Oya jor, ask one afta d other..*winks*
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2015
naughtynaughty:
too many questions, dunno d1 to ansa first. Oya jor, ask one afta d other..*winks*
Lol...smh. Okay, are you from Kogi State?
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
RickRichards:
Lol...smh. Okay, are you from Kogi State?
no dear. Anoda question?
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
naughtynaughty:
no dear. Anoda question?
Very well then. When will you upload a profile picture? cheesy
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
RickRichards:

Very well then. When will you upload a profile picture? cheesy
awww rili?? Ehm..soon. I mean dis nyt. Lol
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
naughtynaughty:
awww rili?? Ehm..soon. I mean dis nyt. Lol
Yeah, really. cheesy
Really?! shocked
Mention me when you do. tongue
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
RickRichards:

Yeah, really. cheesy
Really?! shocked
Mention me when you do. tongue
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
Cc RickRichards abeg e don do. I shaa no wan put my pix fr my profile shaa. For sme reasons best knw 2me. Hehehe
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
[quote author=naughtynaughty post=40367870][/quote]
Hehe...Your mouth resemble funnel for reals. cheesy And you look like one nollywood actress. Can't remember her name. tongue
You can remove the pics now, before the 'e-vultures arrive'. cheesy
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
RickRichards:

Hehe...Your mouth resemble funnel for reals. cheesy And you look like one nollywood actress. Can't remember her name. tongue
You can remove the pics now, before the 'e-vultures arrive'. cheesy
chaiii...y mouth lyk funnel I wunt tlk 2u again
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
naughtynaughty:
chaiii...y mouth lyk funnel I wunt tlk 2u again
cheesy
Awww...sorry. I meant it as a compliment, you know. grin But you also look like one popular romancelander.
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
RickRichards:

cheesy
Awww...sorry. I meant it as a compliment, you know. grin But you also look like one popular romancelander.
who
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
naughtynaughty:
who
One "prettythick" or something like that. cheesy
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 5:37am On Jan 02, 2016
naughtynaughty:
Cc RickRichards abeg e don do. I shaa no wan put my pix fr my profile shaa. For sme reasons best knw 2me. Hehehe
now that I've figured you, I'll help upload your pic tongue tongue
You can deactivate before day break if you like. I'll still figure your next account

You tried sha. It took me this long to figure. Kudos for that

Save journey (Monday) tongue tongue
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by tpiar: 5:55am On Jan 02, 2016
is the thread still on topic or is it now about something else?

as per thread title, why is Kogi's "fate" your word of choice?
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 02, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
now that I've figured you, I'll help upload your pic tongue tongue
You can deactivate before day break if you like. I'll still figure your next account

You tried sha. It took me this long to figure. Kudos for that

Save journey (Monday) tongue tongue
*tongueout* deactivating xactly 12noon. Pls remind me
Re: After Audu's Death, What Is The Fate Of Kogi? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 02, 2016
naughtynaughty:
*tongueout* deactivating xactly 12noon. Pls remind me
cheesy grin cheesy joker!

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Governor Oshiomole And His Wife / The Defeat Of Boko Haram Is Now An Accomplished Fact- Leadership / Unconfirmed Buhari Left London For Holy Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.