Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,651 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? (19676 Views)

Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? / Are You Married And Facing Challenges? Would You Like To Share To Help Others? / Do You Really Love The Person You Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by amokeme(f): 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2015
freshcvvs:

Hope you haven't or didn't request for anything from him during your dating period since you don't care about what you had before you got married, so giving you anything or expecting him to give you anything before marriage would be nothing but hypocrisy.
lol, what does he have that he will give me cheesy I take care of my own ish smiley
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by MRBrownJ: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
amokeme:
I won't as long as I NEVER get to know and so long as the child's essence never come up.
So its just as good as saying there is no child.. (ignorance )
But really, you can't compare a child senario with this na, that's an unfair case comparism

a child or a home is exactly the same thing when it comes to "HONESTY ABOUT ONES PAST"..... no 50 shades about it.
now, if you believe that its best to bury your head in the sand about things that are related to your life, then so be it.

the son that you'd rather "ignore" is an heir to your husband (therefore has legal rights to your family wealth), just like a house that you decide to conceal is part of the family's property (unless stated otherwise)
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by Chicagoesontop: 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
peeparty:

@the word willingly.

The two shall become one na...shebi its for
better and for worse? including properties.

As a man i am, the name must not be changed for me to know the property is mine as well, after all she acquired it before marrying me,
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by amokeme(f): 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
MRBrownJ:

a child or a home is exactly the same thing when it comes to "HONESTY ABOUT ONES PAST"..... no 50 shades about it.
now, if you believe that its best to bury your head in the sand about things that are related to your life, then so be it.

the son that you'd rather "ignore" is an heir to your husband (therefore has legal rights to your family wealth), just like a house that you decide to conceal is part of the family's property (unless stated otherwise)
it's his father's wealth innit? So there is really nothing wrong with it.

He has legal rights to "HIS"(point of correction) father's wealth. Not MY FAMILY, because he isn't part of the family to the best of my knowledge wink
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by ifeomaekol(f): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
NO-----------dt I ll nt do.
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by NwaNimo1(m): 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
That's the worse thing a woman can do! And if the husband has a problem with that she should be very cautious of him.

Its better she waits until she has children and then transfers her assets to her childrens name.

2 Likes

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by freshcvvs: 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
amokeme:
lol, what does he have that he will give me cheesy I take care of my own ish smiley

You mean you have never requested anything from your boyfriend/fiance/husband during dating before because he doesn't have or because you don't care?

A simple yes i havent in both instance or no should do.
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by missyadorable(f): 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
peeparty:
Ladies can you change the name of a property,you bought from your savings worth millions of naira to his name?

Really easy to do I guess.
NO
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by freshcvvs: 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
NwaNimo1:
That's the worse thing a woman can do! And if the husband has a problem with that she should be very cautious of him.

Its better she waits until she has children and then transfers her assets to her childrens name.

But by marriage, his name would likely get on the docs except she chooses not to update the ownership docs.
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by shumuel(m): 2:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
peeparty:
Ladies can you change the name of a property,you bought from your savings worth millions of naira to his name?

Really easy to do I guess.

Only a dumb lady would and only a useless husband would request such.

I just don't know why people don't use their brains when it comes to matters of love and relationship, i mean now after two years the would divorce abi ? And the man would trow her out and own the same property, isn't it ?

There are always signs to show a relationship won't last and that there are going to be problems in future, we humans just won't use our brains.

In other News.

Hmmm! And MTN has started stealing Money, my credit has been reducing without a reason since yesterday. Who else has been experiencing this ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by amokeme(f): 2:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
freshcvvs:

You mean you have never requested anything from your boyfriend/fiance/husband during dating before because he doesn't have or because you don't care?

A simple yes i havent in both instance or no should do.
YES I HAVENT
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by freshcvvs: 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
amokeme:
YES I HAVENT

Good.. To your tent to both of you lolz.

1 Like

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by bukatyne(f): 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
What is the rationale behind a lady changing the name of a property she bought before marriage to her husband's name?

2 Likes

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by Ephemmm: 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
naijaboiy:
I won't ask my wife to do such. undecided

But will she mind you doing such for her all in the name of love?
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by 01Mysticdon(m): 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
peeparty:

Lol

just imagine Linda ikeji husband asking her to do that..
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by favourlove1: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
peeparty:

I really see nothing wrong in doing that, if she does it willing then it common sense.
common sense ko! N its no sense when ladies go after rich men. Nigerian men n doub le standards.

2 Likes

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by favourlove1: 3:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
peeparty:

I need a yes or no.
simple NO! For what na? How many of his properties are my name? Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by Pidggin(f): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2015
tomyka81:
Simply put, NO. What I have before marriage is mine. What he had before is his. What we gain together is ours. Get a prenup.....

I like this prenup idea, I will def look into it.
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by favourlove1: 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2015
People should learn to love with common sense. Rubbish! My answer is NO. That's how my friend gave her husband her ATM card just cuz she works in a bank n the husband doesn't have much doing n bf you could say Jack...the guy arranged intl passport visa n checked out of the country all at d girlsexpense. There after she found the atm n alas! Its empty. The guy rocked overseas for two months left d girl n d kids cashless n when asked what did he say...afterall you are a banker. Funny enough when they met the girl felt she found a man who is gono carry her financial burdens . Marriage sometimes sucks! Smh!
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by Candybob(m): 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
Stupid gold digger!

While his mate are buying properties for their wives, this one is forcing his wife to transfer hers to him!

Do wives ask you to change your property to their names, so why do u want to change your wife's property to your name?

Poverty and greed, where do some people come from sef? Hustling don reach this level?

Dont change anything to his name oh, otherwise u don transfer your property to Nkechi be that...

2 Likes

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by trendyprettygir: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
No

Any woman who does it is dumb.

Rather change to children's name and only the wife should do this and know this.
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by simplisity(m): 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2015
pet4ril:
No...... The husband is on a mission, she better be wise..... End time husbands
Are they not one? Whats the lack of trust there? Husband will their properties to their wifes.
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by cococandy(f): 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
Property acquired before marriage is personal except one chooses to make it marital property willingly.
But any acquired after marriage belong to the couple regardless of who's money bought it.
It's a joint effort after the marriage.
You can't insist she turns her personal props into marital prop. And vice versa

1 Like

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
No

No

No undecided

1 Like

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by rhames(m): 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
Whaaat!!!!

Send him to hell on that issue.

1 Like

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by babygirlfl: 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
naijaboiy:

My answer is as clear as your question. I won't coerce my wife into changing the name on her property to mine.

If she does it willingly then no problem.

Apart from the fact that we are married,she as a human also has rights to own properties in her name.

Marriage is not an excuse to lock down a woman and deprive her of certain human rights.

That's my view on this. Thanks.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by babygirlfl: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
MRBrownJ:

you are right but you also shouldnt HIDE anything from your partner... starting marriage life with dishonesty will only lead to failure.

You are right. Partners should not hide anything from their spouses. However, you will be surprised to know that some women actually think it's one of their many secret to having a happy home. They say what you don't know won't kill you.
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by babygirlfl: 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
I won't change it. Just the way I won't ask him to change his. Properties bought while we are married however will have our names on it.

1 Like

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by naijaboiy: 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
Ephemmm:

But will she mind you doing such for her all in the name of love?
Love?

My wife cannot force me to add her name in any property I acquire before marriage.

1 Like

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
midehi2:

Joseph cheesy cheesy

Kk.. I am Josephine
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by naijaboiy: 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2015
ritababe:

its urs after the legal agreement
How?

Something she acquired personally before our marriage automatically becomes mine because we are married?

I don't get it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Male Babies Suck Breast More Than Female Babies, WHY? / Man Calls Out An Eko FM Staff Who Wants To Make His Sister A Second Wife / What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.