Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Why Call Yourself “salafi”? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Call Yourself “salafi”? (6464 Views)

Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia / Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? / The Salafi Dawah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Empiree: 3:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
kennyosein:

The Zionists only make use of the shia in causing corruption among the Muslims, right from the onset of Islam.

These Rafid a (Shia) actually descend from Abu Lu'luah Majoosi (a Persian fire worshipper) and Abdullaah ibn Saba' (a Jew). However they are more dangerous from the Christians and Jews themselves. Christians and Jews fight Islam face to face (if they did) while Rafida stab Islam from its back.

Salafis are peaceful Muslims,

Salafis do not disobey with the ruler in all that agrees with the sacred texts of Islam, and disobeyed in all that does not.

Salafis denounce public demonstrations

Salafis do not even block the path of a begger much more a COAS.
ONLY?. I don't think you know what you talking about. I'm not shia's fan but they have demonstrated outstanding Sunnah by not bowing to Dajjal. But sunni ulama have kissed Dajjal's butt many times. And Libya was good before sunni Dajjal's warriors fighting onbehalf of judeo-ChristIan terrorists destroyed the country and placed it under the control of enemies of islam. Are those mofos who got rid of Gaddafi Shiites?.

In iraq back in 2006-08, wasn't the sunnis, the so called Sunni awakenings that backtracked and got kickbacks?. Betrayed their shia counterparts?. All these Dajjal armies called isi/s are Sunnis.

I agree shias are seriously misguided, but not zaidi shias who are ahlesunnah, quran warned us not to seek alliance with the jews/christians(zionists), the first time the muslims did this, they destroyed the khilafa by raising arab nationalism against the turkish ottomans, do u think after stealing oil from arab countries and pricing it that they helped us? The arab oil should have benefitted the seller not those that are pricing it, yet our economies and currencies are undermined by the imf, so we will never get global prominence, use your brain, Allah even helped the saabieens to take over the unjust believers, why not shia? I know their aqeeda is messed up, but shia didnt bow to the dajjal, sunni countries have, and back when the khilafa was destroyed arabs were fools to believe britain and lawrence of arabia was helping them.

That was a comment from YouTube ^. Keep beating drums of war against our shia brothers. Time will tell that you are very wrong. You can quote medieval scholars all you want. They said what they said due to conditions they faced in their time. You can not apply that at this time. It makes no sense. Shia are muslims.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Lukmann(m): 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
Empiree:
Good question. By cancelling out nafilat, I mean to give it up completely even though its supererogatory. It's part of Islam but to give it up completely is the opposite. This i heard from a Sheikh a while back. But missing in once in a while is not sinful not does it constitutes innovation.

Salam alayka o broda..since its a nafilah there is no sin on u if u leave it but its beta if u do it what makes it a bida'ah is when u do d nafilah at d wrong time without any daleel qata'i(decisive evidence) from d qur'an n sunnah..wah makes it a sin is when u abandon it completely based on ur desires or when u hate to do it..
Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Empiree: 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
Lukmann:

Salam alayka o broda..since its a nafilah there is no sin on u if u leave it but its beta if u do it what makes it a bida'ah is when u do d nafilah at d wrong time without any daleel qata'i(decisive evidence) from d qur'an n sunnah..wah makes it a sin is when u abandon it completely based on ur desires or when u hate to do it..
Thank you. You explained it better. JazakaAllahu khayran.
Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by kennyosein(m): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
Empiree:
ONLY?. I don't think you know what you talking about. I'm not shia's fan but they have demonstrated outstanding Sunnah by not bowing to Dajjal. But sunni ulama have kissed Dajjal's butt many times. And Libya was good before sunni Dajjal's warriors fighting onbehalf of judeo-ChristIan terrorists destroyed the country and placed it under the control of enemies of islam. Are those mofos who got rid of Gaddafi Shiites?.

In iraq back in 2006-08, wasn't the sunnis, the so called Sunni awakenings that backtracked and got kickbacks?. Betrayed their shia counterparts?. All these Dajjal armies called isi/s are Sunnis.

That was a comment from YouTube ^. Keep beating drums of war against our shia brothers. Time will tell that you are very wrong. You can quote medieval scholars all you want. They said what they said due to conditions they faced in their time. You can not apply that at this time. It makes no sense. Shia are muslims.

Bro. What are you spewing?
Where do you see dajjal? Pls keep a distance from Shi'ism, although you are soofee but there is still difference btw Sufiyyah and Shi'ism is like that of a person smoking cigarettes compare to concain.

Hadith's about attributes of Dajaal
Rib`i bin Hirash (May Allah be pleased with
him) said: I accompanied Abu Mas`ud Al-Ansari
to Hudaifah bin Al-Yaman (May Allah be pleased
with them). Abu Mas`ud said to him: “Tell us
what you heard from the Messenger of Allah
(sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) about Dajjal (the
Antichrist).” Hudaifah said: He (sallallaahu ’alayhi
wa sallam) said, “ Dajjal will appear, and with him
will be water and fire. That which people consider
to be water will in fact be a burning fire, and that
which people will consider to be fire will in fact
be cool and sweet water. He who from amongst
you happens to face him, should jump into that
which he sees as fire for that will be nice and
sweet water. ” Abu Mas`ud said: “I have also
heard this from the Messenger of Allah
(sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam).”
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with
him) said: The Messenger of Allah
(sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “There will be
no land which will not be trampled by Dajjal (the
Antichrist) but Makkah and Al-Madinah; and there
will be no passage leading to them which will not
be guarded by the angels, arranged in rows.
Dajjal will appear in a barren place adjacent to Al-
Madinah and the city will be shaken three times.
Allah will expel from it every disbeliever and
hypocrite. ”
[Muslim].

1 Like

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Empiree: 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
^ And which one do you smoke, igbo?. grin

I am not going to turn this to Dajjal's thread. You have got defective methodology when it comes to the subject of Dajjal. I am not even going there with you. Truly, you dont understand that.

1 Like

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by kennyosein(m): 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
You need help

1 Like

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Lukmann(m): 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
Empiree:
Thank you. You explained it better. JazakaAllahu khayran.

Wa iyyaka
Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
kennyosein Empiree speaks like Imran Hossein and other soofees

1 Like

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Empiree: 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
Truthpallbearer:
kennyos.ein
Empi.ree speaks like Imran Hossein and other soofees
grin what's up with that?
Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by kennyosein(m): 6:28am On Dec 28, 2015
Truthpallbearer:
kennyosein Empiree speaks like Imran Hossein and other soofees
May Allaah guide him and make us ardent on the course of the Salaf-us-Saliheen.

1 Like

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 28, 2015
kennyosein:

May Allaah guide him and make us ardent on the course of the Salaf-us-Saliheen.
Allahumma Ameen

4 Likes

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by kennyosein(m): 6:27am On Dec 30, 2015
Al-Allamah Ibn Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy upon him said):
"As Salafiyah (following the pious predecessors): It is
following the Nabi SalallahuAlayhi Wa Salam, and his companions because they are the ones who preceeded us, so following them is Salafiyah."

2 Likes

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by abuhubaidah: 8:01am On Dec 30, 2015
May Allah guide @empiree..he just use his rayuu on everything..I will always advice you to go back to modrasa

1 Like

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Empiree: 8:20am On Dec 30, 2015
abuhubaidah:
May Allah guide @empi.ree..he just use his rayuu on everything..I will always advice you to go back to modrasa
grin ameen oooo oooo Eledumare

1 Like

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by BETATRON(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2015
Lol...may Allah Guide ALL of US to the straight path

3 Likes

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Empiree: 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
abuhubaidah:
May Allah guide @empiree..he just use his rayuu on everything..I will always advice you to go back to modrasa

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by vedaxcool(m): 10:30am On Dec 31, 2015
^

The same al azhar that does the bidding of the Egyptian govt mainly composed of the military elite is now the only authority capable of passing fatwa on such matters? Muslims have suffered indeed. The same individual who glossed over the murder of other Muslims because his patron was involved? Whoever asked those series of question doesn't understand the bone of contention which is not about shias accepting the umar and ABUBAKAR r.a but that the a lot of theological issues in addition to slandering companions of the prophet pbuh.

I still stand that it is wrong calling yourself salaf when Allah calls you a muslim. It is wrong to call yourself salaf despite the serious warning the QURAN gives about breaking into sects and maintaining such sectarianism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by abuhubaidah: 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
[quote author=Empiree post=41497565][/quote]before refuting if he said this because a scholar won't say such.
Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Empiree: 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
^i dont understand what you said up there
Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by abuaisha360: 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
I support the post of bro kennyosein buh still it's nt the name dt matters it's actually.is ur aqeedah lyk the one of the salafs are ur acts of ibaadah lyk theirs the statements u utter I.e. adhkar is it lyk theirs. And finally are u a person that in all acts of ibaadah u will do nothing xcept wat u get evidence for

1 Like

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by abuaisha360: 11:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
yaa aba Hubaydah kaif
Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by kennyosein(m): 10:16am On Jan 03, 2016
vedaxcool:
^

I still stand that it is wrong calling yourself salaf when Allah calls you a muslim. It is wrong to call yourself salaf despite the serious warning the QURAN gives about breaking into sects and maintaining such sectarianism

No hassle bro, since you have already stated you belong to La jama'ah (No sect) but as for me am a Salafi ...in Sha Allah.
Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by vedaxcool(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2016
kennyosein:

No hassle bro, since you have already stated you belong to La jama'ah (No sect) but as for me am a Salafi ...in Sha Allah.

While you are free to hold unto whatever label you choose, sir I will like to urge you not to promote the use of labels in ummah, it has not been helpful in fact it is becoming a malignant cancerous tumor in the ummah. Don't call people to do things that have little benefits, rather encourage people to practice what will make them a better muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by kennyosein(m): 6:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
Some people are so rooted in rationalism, putting their aql first, and following fascination, and misguided conception of "unity" that a simple explanation escapes them.

Now and again you have to ask does blinded by the fanciful "just Muslim" movement if the Qur'an and Sunnah forbid calling oneself with a name other Muslim and if Allah called us by any other names in the Quran and Sunnah.
Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Empiree: 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
You are wasting your time. Keep up with division. Allah named us muslims before and today, period.

Other names we have are mu'min, musin denoting levels of religiosity. Muslim being general identity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by vedaxcool(m): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2016
kennyosein:
Some people are so rooted in rationalism, putting their aql first, and following fascination, and misguided conception of "unity" that a simple explanation escapes them.

Even your salafist bosses encourages you to use reason in assessing matters of religion, the same way the Qurán does, one of Ibn Wahab's teaching was against blind following, following people blindly is one of the biggest challenges the ummah faces, people simply follow blindly without giving what they follow a thought. Now I never said you should unite with anybody I encourage you to promote better behavior amongst muslims rather than sects amongst muslims.

kennyosein:

Now and again you have to ask does blinded by the fanciful "just Muslim" movement if the Qur'an and Sunnah forbid calling oneself with a name other Muslim and if Allah called us by any other names in the Quran and Sunnah.

If Allah in the Qurán warns muslim not t break into sects and behappy with the pieces they have, I think I will stick to what Allah says, since it is his religion and command above any other consideration.

4 Likes

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by busar(m): 9:24am On Jan 08, 2016
Why Salafi? Long ago, there was only Adam 'alayhissalaam and there was no need to describe him as white, black, Caucasian, Yoruba, Hausa etc. He was simply Adam. Then his progeny multiplied and took on different pigments and tongues and so on, and there arose the need that did not exist before: to describe people with any of these differences merely as a means of identification - now that there are differences. Allah approves of this in Our,aan 49:13. Also long ago, Muslims around the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam were upon the same creed, the pure Islam that he taught them had no multiple colours of creed. The word ' Muslim' described only one type of creed in people. Then innovation appeared in creed after the death of 'Umar the second caliph and some Muslims with a strange creed killed 'Uthman the third caliph. Another group with a different creed claimed that Ali was the reincarnation of Allah and displayed hatred for other companions, a third group denounced the attributes of Allah and further groups appeared in the course of time with new creeds fulfilling the Prophet's prediction that we would become 73 groups. Because the people in these different groups could not all be called outright unbelievers (kuffaar) without some details and conditions being first fulfilled, the word Muslim was no longer descriptive enough of an individual's creed since some of those people with different creeds still had the minimum quality required to be called Muslim. There was now new need to call the first group khaarijites, the second Shee'aan Ali, the third Jahmeeyyah/Mu'tazilah and other heretical creeds and names followed, as opposed to those who remained upon the original pristine creed taught by the Messenger to our forebears (Assalaf) before the corruption. If the word Salafi (a person taking his creed from the earliest predecessors) is now used only descriptively to refer to that single group, I sincerely cannot understand what problem people have with the name. If you do, please let us discuss it in good faith. Written by Murtala Alade Adedokun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by abuhubaidah: 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2016
vedaxcool:

Even your salafist bosses encourages you to use reason in assessing matters of religion, the same way the Qurán does, one of Ibn Wahab's teaching was against blind following, following people blindly is one of the biggest challenges the ummah faces, people simply follow blindly without giving what they follow a thought. Now I never said you should unite with anybody I encourage you to promote better behavior amongst muslims rather than sects amongst muslims.

If Allah in the Qurán warns muslim not t break into sects and behappy with the pieces they have, I think I will stick to what Allah says, since it is his religion and command above any other consideration.
its obvious that you don't even know the the hadeeth which the prophet that is ummah will devide in 73 sect and he warned that we should be upon is Sunnah and that if the companions..so therefore salafist are upon the manhaj of the prophet and his companions...sheik Albany explained this in one of his audio,you can search on YouTube ,sheik said بشره بأني سلفي على الكتاب والسنة و على منهج سلفنا الصالح
Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by abuhubaidah: 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2016
abuaisha360:
yaa aba Hubaydah kaif
لله الحمد يا أبا عائشة كيف أنتم؟
Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by vedaxcool(m): 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
abuhubaidah:
its obvious that you don't even know the the hadeeth which the prophet that is ummah will devide in 73 sect and he warned that we should be upon is Sunnah and that if the companions..so therefore salafist are upon the manhaj of the prophet and his companions...sheik Albany explained this in one of his audio,you can search on YouTube ,sheik said بشره بأني سلفي على الكتاب والسنة و على منهج سلفنا الصالح

Really? Now a prophecy about the future now serve as a basis to promote sectarianism? Maybe I am not explaining my self well or you simply can't get what I am saying, the Quran clearly warns about falling into sects and celebrating whatever sect you fall into, my point remains the op needed not open a thread and calling people to adopt a sectariam identification when he could simply use that effort to encourage people to do what is right based on whatever interpretation he subscribes to. The best name to call one who believes in Allah is Muslim, anything out of that becomes merely seeking differences to celebrate. The op shouldn't fall into the same pit the shias in this section fall into, they have no sensible point except remind you of division, division and more division.

"O you who have believed, fear Allah as He should be feared and do not die except as Muslims, And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided And let there be from you a nation inviting to good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and those will be the successful, And do not be like the ones who became divided and differed after the clear proofs had come to them. And those will have a great punishment"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by Empiree: 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
^
problem is their literal interpretation of the "73 sects" hadith. The hadith can never ever stand in judgement over Quran 3:103, never!

The hadith is mere obvious prophecy and should not be used as a tool for division.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Call Yourself “salafi”? by vedaxcool(m): 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
Empiree:
^
problem is their literal interpretation of the "73 sects" hadith. The hadith can never ever stand in judgement over Quran 3:103, never!

The hadith is mere obvious prophecy and should not be used as a tool for division.

Indeed, I can't recall the name of the book I guess it was written by Bilal phillips on the 4 schools of thoughts, towards the end of the book he made a very interesting point about sectarianism, each theological school thought tried hard in maintaining reason why they blindly follow their school of thought each using various hadiths including one that say differeces is a mercy for the ummah, but sometimes we apply the wrong lesson from the hadiths, despite the fact that each of the schools of thoughts founders kept emphasizing their humility in knowledge and possibilities of making mistakes, but unfortunately later followers became to entwined with their beliefs. The point remains, most sects if not all are later day invention either due to interpretation of certain hadiths or verse.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Laxity, Radical & Moderate Muslims You Might Find In Mosques During Taroweeh / What Is The Meaning Of This Islamic Name??? / Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.