Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) (38622 Views)

What You Should Know If You Have A Seizure Disorder/epilepsy / Epileptic Girl Falls Inside Boiling Oil While Having Seizure (Graphic Photos) / Killer Cop: Victim’s Daughter Develops Seizure After Mother’s Killing(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 24, 2015
Thank you
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Justiceotuya(m): 8:42am On Nov 24, 2015
I have such a student in my class, he isn't epileptic but has seizures.

When it starts, he becomes extremely quite and then he starts shaking his leg before he pauses for some minutes. When he regains himself, he starts asking what happened?

The problem is that sometimes when he gets this seizures he jumps to any place, be it on someones body, chair or what not and causes injury to both himself and other students.

He doesn't like noise or it will triggered and he is quite talented, he can beat almost all the instrument at the church, make cane out of paper for the school, very good in handcraft. His mum told me he wasn't born with it, he got it at a boarding school he attended where he was quite intelligent.

I just had to be close friends with him, although be is sometimes annoying when he is normal, i love his company. He has been affected with this that he has little interest in school activities.

I will be leaving the school soon and i dont know how he is going to cope as other teachers are not that close to him. We are so close that they call him my son.

Anyway please they are human also and they dont deserve to be stigmatized. I cried the day we sat down and he told me his story. This is one student i will never forget in life

7 Likes

Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Harmvirus(f): 8:51am On Nov 24, 2015
Nice post op
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by nne4(f): 9:11am On Nov 24, 2015
Nice one Op. Most Nigerians don't like reading health blogs, they prefer entertainment blogs undecided where they learn nothing.

Also read this my blog post for more information on how to help seizure victim
http://www.destyhealth.com/2015/09/whats-new-with-cpr-certification.html

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Ximonak: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2015
ThisMeansWars:

Sometimes, having a seizure doesn't necessarily mean the person is epileptic...

People need to be enlightened that so many things can cause.

growing up; I know a beautiful lady after careful observation we got to find out that when she get very angry that's when she have the epileptic seizures. We have to help her learn to always be happy and ignore people that are quarrelsome. it worked then but once a while it's even the ladies that makes her lose control and then the seizure oops.

we told the parents about our findings and to take her to the doctor for better help, I hope she is better now

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by kennyman2000(m): 10:11am On Nov 24, 2015
Yomieluv:
Thanks OP.

I won't lie,there was a day a lady had it,I jumped out through the window of the class.

I also know of a lady who was cured of it traditionally..

More enlightenment is needed.

Op,please,what are the causes of it,is it heredity?

Yomieluv, can i get a contact of the said lady who's cured of it traditionally or how can you help me in getting across to her as i've a lady who's also going through same predicament. She's a neighbour where we lived before. I cried each time i see her going through it.
Epileptic seizure is what am talking about..
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by deanoffaculty: 10:31am On Nov 24, 2015
Hugs and kisses for you @OP......
Thanks for the info.
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Donfamous(m): 11:16am On Nov 24, 2015
nice one op.. the best post ever
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Segunjosegs(m): 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
one more reason why I shouldn't leave nairaland if I check how some person insult and treating fellow nairalanders I wud ave xxxxxxxxx did group since
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by DrAdonis: 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
fairprince:
@ Op, Pls is this infectious?
When I was much younger we had quite a handful of school-mates that suffer from this regularly. We were advised not to go close to them or allow the fluid from their body touch us. This we were told was to avoid getting infected by the same epilepsy. Is this true?

NO!!! It is NOT infectious.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
most peopld wont know how it feels except you have some1 suffering from this.
i know of a brother who has something relating to epilepsy coz of similar symptoms,but after MRI scan,the result came out as suggestive epilepsy.
drugs were prescribed & for over 2years now his been on it but no solution.
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by blueblood1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hmmmmm.....
My heart is broken in pieces as I write this. My elder brother battled with epilepsy for over 25 years....finally passed on in 2007 as he started having hallucinations and took an overdose of medications. I've not been myself since then. I loved him most of all my siblings of 6. He was so kind and gentle, never angry, always happy, despite the disease. The most painful part for my human heart was that we tried churches and pastors to no avail. Till date, I still feel God let me down.

Lets get an education. It's neither contagious nor hereditary. If there is some kind of NGO to support people living with the disease, I really want to be part of it.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Greenbuoy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
Are there no cares?
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Greenbuoy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
Are there no cures?
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by salvo583: 10:44am On Nov 25, 2015
Other types of seizures asides epileptic seizures are psychogenic non-epileptic seizures, syncope (fainting) , sub-cortical movement disorders and migraine variants. Thanks again OP. More threads on Health,Education is needed on nairaland

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by juman(m): 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2015
Good thread.

In todays world epilepsy is not big problem. Regular use of medication is necessary.

Government should be able to assist epilepsy patients to pay some part of their medication.
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by MzMercie: 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2015
Gud one Op, thanks
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by blesseenE: 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2015
Nice one OP. It is widely believed that seizures or the spittle of epileptic patients are contagious - however, these ones need our love. I got to know that it is important to protect or if possible prevent epileptic patients from going close to fire.

I just pray for medical breakthrough in epilepsy case o coz peeps are scared and don't show the patients much love..

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by ayinde2ade(m): 6:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
cry feelin' so awkward
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by godcan01(m): 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
Nice info
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by akigbemaru: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
SEIZURE
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Nosyke(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
This is one ailment that has affected a lot people. It renders the patient and close ones helpless and perpetually in danger.

I pray medical breakthrough is gotten here really soon. Like someone up suggested, it would be good if foundations/groups are involved in this.
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2015
Thank you oh so so much for this.

You see, sometimes there are people with genuine compassion around. But not knowing what exactly to do, coupled with common fear, may make it seem like most people don't care.

Thanks to you now, I have a better idea what to do and can have no more excuses when presented with a chance yo help.

With renewed appreciation to you OP.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Kayoski(m): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
nice info op,very educative..
This is what she be on front page not tonto dike wore new pants , dbanj wears new boxers or Linda ikeji is swimming..

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by docadams: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
Hmmmmmmm

This is a good piece of enlightenment.
But OP, I will suggest, if still possible to add the following
1. various types of epilepsy. like someone pointed out above
2. what passers-by/witnesses should do in the event of unremitting (status) epilepticus.
2. what the afflicted person should know about his condition especially the premonitory features (aura). This is important as it may enable the person to remove himself from danger before actual seizure sets in.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
Call for an ambulance lol for Nigeria ?
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by bummyla(m): 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
Thank You For This Information! GOD Bless You! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by masqot(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2015
Very educative. First Aid is an asset that every individual needs to have
Re: What To Do When Someone Has A Seizure(pics) by MadamT(f): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2015
I hardly post on Nairaland but thought this is a topic I can participate in.

No, seizures are not hereditary nor contagious

The link below is a fantastic site for anyone who wants to know more about the condition, its causes, symptoms, medications and so on.

http://www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/epileptic-seizures#.VlyE0XrfWrU

Well done for this thread OP.

Hope the awareness of this condition continues to be raised in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Delivered Of Triplets In Lagos, Dies Few Hours (pictured) / Did People Die In Anambra After Receiving Calls From Strange Number, +666999? / 10 Benefits Of Eating Date Fruit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.