Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service (28666 Views)

Military to launch Operation Ex-Crocodile Smile In Niger Delta / Pic; BBC To Launch Pigin English And Yoruba Services In Nigeria / Video: Oyibo Who Speaks Pidgin And Knows Nigeria More Than Some Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

If the Igbo producers don't want them there in nolly, they'll be kicked out back to oshogbo forest to act in your usual ritual/fetish yoruba movies that no one watches but only yorubas. LWKMD

Biyi bandele and kunle afolayan are probably the most respected directors in nigeria.2 Of the top 20 highest grossing movies were yoruba movies,12 of the top 20 had yoruba directors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by MegaMan1987: 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Nwenlecha is right

I disagree.
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
nwanlecha:
Go tell that to the millions of people all over the world that now know so many Igbo words all thanks to our Nollywood. Heck, Goodluck Jonathan was hailed as Ìgwè when he visited a certain African country. Where do you think they learnt that from? Your guess is as good as mine.

Where are the million of people? In Igboland?

A selective few know nollywood for quality, not quantity.

When we talk about movie industry.....we're talking hollywood and bollywood. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by tonychristopher: 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
nwanlecha:

Go tell that to the millions of people all over the world that now know so many Igbo words all thanks to our Nollywood. Heck, Goodluck Jonathan was hailed as Ìgwè when he visited a certain African country. Where do you think they learnt that from? Your guess is as good as mine.

Chefuo aturu ahu ,biko
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
tonychristopher:

When I will be jealous is when I get to challenge if I don't see agbero or owo mi da

[size=18pt]Then I can be jealous[/size] ..but as of now

Any time I get to Oshodi oke and see those urchins

I won't even lose sleep

You ARE jealous!

Don'
t worry, your people are already begging for BBCIgbo on BBCAfrica twitter handle. But who wan carry rotten egg for market? grin

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by basilo101: 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
MegaMan1987:

Nollywood is English speaking movies bro. Igbo speaking movies aren't popular at all. Don't lie to yourself.
Na language we go chop? igbos have succedded more than others in movie industry because of english they use to get wider viewers.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Oh really?,Davido is the biggest artist in africa currently.Dbanj is on the same level as Psquare.Asa ooh Asa....

Well, PSquare has the most views online, and the biggest song last year was like Johnny by Yemi Alade.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by tonychristopher: 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Biyi bandele and kunle afolayan are probably the most respected directors in nigeria.2 Of the top 20 highest grossing movies were yoruba movies,12 of the top 20 had yoruba directors.

Oga pls blow your trumpet

But while doing that ..tell us their box office hit that surpassed figurine

Is it that floppy October first that afolayan produced that I find nauseating?

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

It's no surprise that their movies have the highest gross #s.

Igbo nollywood has quantity [they spit out garbage movies year round] but no quality. smiley

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
ezeagu:

Well, PSquare has the most views online, and the biggest song last year was like Johnny by Yemi Alade.

The Nigeria Aye/cultural videos with the most views is Yoruba [Aye- Davido] wink

Ada ada vs Aye wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

Where are the million of people? In Igboland?

A selective few know nollywood for quality, not quantity.

When we talk about movie industry.....we're talking hollywood and bollywood. grin

Who cares, Nollywood is like the biggest employing industry after oil.
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by tonychristopher: 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
ezeagu:

Your correct even yemi can't be called Yoruba because she has a lot of Igbo flavour

The johnny was produced in Enugu
And by skelebobo

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by superstar1(m): 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Tell those jokers.

They think we are talking of churning our 5 films in 30minutes, where 1 actor will be acting in 5 low budget films simultaneously. Another name for Igbo should be Inferior or low-quality or even no-quality.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
ezeagu:

LMAOOOOO Where the stats? grin

Ghost employees ba?

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
tonychristopher:

When I will be jealous is when I get to challenge if I don't see agbero or owo mi da

Then I can be jealous ..but as of now

Any time I get to Oshodi oke and see those urchins

I won't even lose sleep

And when i read news of igbos being caught carrying drugs or baby factories being busted,i sure dont envy you guys,i just smh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 11:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

The Nigeria Aye/cultural videos with the most views is Yoruba [Aye- Davido] wink

Ada ada vs Aye wink

No, that's Yemi Alade, Nwafo. LOL

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by MegaMan1987: 11:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
basilo101:

Na language we go chop? igbos have succedded more than others in movie industry because of english they use to get wider viewers.

But you sacrificed your language for the money. Nollywood is ENGLISH SPEAKING not Igbo. The Igbo speaking movie industry barely exists because you aren't proud of your language or culture. Nollywood is more about quantity than quality. Yorubas and Hausas have our own industries. We won't sacrifice our language for money like Igbos. Igbos will do ANYTHING for money and that is and will always be your ultimate downfall.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by superstar1(m): 11:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
ezeagu:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Are you for real. How many people are in that industy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by tonychristopher: 11:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
IlekeHD:

You ARE jealous!

Don'
t worry, your people are already begging for BBCIgbo on BBCAfrica twitter handle. But who wan carry rotten egg for market? grin

Igbo have better things to do than celebrating one oyibo master in their radio ....can't you think

Neocolonialism is a bad thing

Grow up

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
tonychristopher:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_Nigeria

See Yoruba names wey full the top list? wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
superstar1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Are you for real. How many people are in that industy?

IlekeHD:

LMAOOOOO Where the stats? grin

Ghost employees ba?

Go face UN. http://www.un.org/africarenewal/magazine/may-2013/nigeria%E2%80%99s-film-industry-potential-gold-mine

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
Funny movie! I don't know if you've watched Nwanyị ụdị. That movie is giving me life now. Their Ụdị dialect is funny as hell, I swear. Another good one is, Okenwa na Ọnitsha. The only thing we're dealing with now though, is that the millions of non - Igbo speakers who are used to our actors doing movies in English, keep bugging us with request for the English version of our movies grin

ezeagu:

My favourite series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQdAyXfVrDs

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by tonychristopher: 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

And when i read news of igbos being caught carrying drugs or baby factories being busted,i sure dont envy you guys,i just smh.

Have you been to soka forest lately

What is that name of the una actor that ingested drug that refused to go to toilet again ....? What about that pastor they caught in Enugu

Oga saint Bernard
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
tonychristopher:

Lol,Afolayan directed figurine and phone swap even did better than fig in the box office.
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
tonychristopher:

[size=18pt]Igbo have better things [/size] to do than celebrating one oyibo master in their radio ....can't you think

Neocolonialism is a bad thing

Grow up

Same igbos begging on BBCAfrica twitter? grin

Same igbos telling us that speaking English is more advanced than one's own native language? grin grin

LMAOOOOO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by tonychristopher: 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
nwanlecha:
Funny movie! I don't know if you've watched Nwanyị ụdị. That movie is giving me life now. Their Ụdị dialect is funny as hell, I swear. Another good one is, Okenwa na Ọnitsha. The only thing we're dealing with now though, is that the millions of non - Igbo speakers who are used to our actors doing movies in English, keep bugging us with request for the English version of our movies grin

Where can I buy it NNE
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by tonychristopher: 12:00am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

Same igbos begging on BBCAfrica twitter? grin

Same igbos telling us that speaking English is more advanced than one's own native language? grin grin

LMAOOOOO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Is that why your folks are failing exams year in year out ?

Evidences abound
Eyes have seen
Ears heard

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by MegaMan1987: 12:00am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Are you really from Nigeria or are you one of these "overseas" Nigerians? If you're from Nigeria you wouldn't have even posted this comment. What a clown grin

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:00am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Go face UN. http://www.un.org/africarenewal/magazine/may-2013/nigeria%E2%80%99s-film-industry-potential-gold-mine

Yes, our Yoruba movie producers are making money tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:00am On Nov 24, 2015
nwanlecha:

I haven't seen those ones, these latest serial dramas are nice though. The other one I've payed proper attention to is Apama Nwa. I think Nollywood works better in this format.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:01am On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

Is that [size=18pt]why your folks are failing exams year in year out[/size] ?

Evidences abound
Eyes have seen
Ears heard

Is the English language the cause of Igbo's new drug pushing business? wink

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:01am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Davido has more fans.Lol,TF,Aye and Dorobucci were released last year ooo.Yemi has even started singing yoruba songs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Joe Igbokwe's Confirmation As Special Adviser / 64 Senators Endorse Bukola Saraki For Senate Presidency / Melaye Threatens To Beat James Manager - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.