Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? (6216 Views)

Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? / Conversation Between A Mother And Her Child Who Caught Her Cheating On His Dad. / Lady Breastfeeds Her Child During Her Wedding Ceremony - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by Lovexme(m): 7:17am On Nov 24, 2015
porka:

It's not a safe practice though.

Not safe for the child, whether in the north or west.

I know, was just saying.
Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by irondome: 7:18am On Nov 24, 2015
ephemm:
if u don't understand someone's tradition/culture/belief, their actions may seem foolish in your eyes.

I had a discussion with an Indian colleague of mine and he criticised the way woman carry children in Africa, either in front (chest) or behind (back), his point is that, the way our women carry children limits the vision of the child, but that in India, their women carry their children strapped with wrapper by the side, such that the child can see what's happening in front or behind - that's his opinion.

the child in the picture above can breath very well...
you just won't understand

This pathetic post would only be liked by fanatics who have infinitesimal regard for babies, and am saying this without any recourse to any religion or culture.

With your common sense, kindly explain how that baby would breath PROPERLY with his/her head fully covered? Haba, fear God OOOO!!!!

6 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by porka: 7:22am On Nov 24, 2015
omowolewa:
May be its cold

Cold is not a license to cover up a child's face this way.

Even in the coldest cities like Jos or Zaria, there should be an opening for a child's face.

1 Like

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by carinmom(f): 7:23am On Nov 24, 2015
porka:

The child is innocent.

You wouldn't even cover up a goat's face, would you?

It's about the child's health.

Do you know whether the person who post this is a Muslim?

Let's respect human being's life.

Don't worry at all. You don't need to take Panadol for another's headache. This culture has been going on for ages and it is safe. Had it been it has any health implications, doctors would have advised women to stop. This is how the children are brought up, so no big deal.

2 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by irondome: 7:26am On Nov 24, 2015
rebelXYZ:
don't mind them.. the problem that's happening around the world today is because we lack the ability to accept one another's beliefs, culture and way of life. I don't know why the op is shocked about this.

And what is cultural and religious about choking an innocent, voiceless baby? Like seriously!!! If the woman is bent on covering herself, of course, she can knock herself out and cover every inch of her body. I careless about that, but not the baby. The long term effect of inadequate flow of oxygen to the brain is damaging and irreversible. Why expose or subject a voiceless baby to such a damning condition for life in the name of illiteracy, disguised as religious or cultural practices.

5 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by porka: 7:27am On Nov 24, 2015
ephemm:
if u don't understand someone's tradition/culture/belief, their actions may seem foolish in your eyes.

I had a discussion with an Indian colleague of mine and he criticised the way woman carry children in Africa, either in front (chest) or behind (back), his point is that, the way our women carry children limits the vision of the child, but that in India, their women carry their children strapped with wrapper by the side, such that the child can see what's happening in front or behind - that's his opinion.

the child in the picture above can breath very well...
you just won't understand

No tradition should be encouraged to endanger the life of a child.

This child could suffocate.

5 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by funkyibodude(m): 7:27am On Nov 24, 2015
tolustx:
Op. So because u wn enta FP for NL, u dey snap photo for banking hall? Try m next tym make dem cash u. Ur own go pass Nnamdi Kanu own. And since pple no sabi u like Kanu, dem go just forget u for prison.

Guy, no try am again o. It is considered as a method of security breach.
bros every one is vigilant now if you don't know. Nigeria is not safe anymore
Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by irondome: 7:34am On Nov 24, 2015
porka:

No tradition should be encouraged to endanger the life of a child.

This child could suffocate.

And the irony is ---" the mum herself didn't fully cover her own face and breathing nose in the name of culture & religion". Why subject a baby to such ordeal?

7 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by funkyibodude(m): 7:41am On Nov 24, 2015
carinmom:
What is shocking about the way she carried her child Don't u know this is very normal among Muslims particularly in the north? If you don't know all these then i must say that Op is a local champion who is only familiar with his local environment.
you don't need to get personal with me just to make a useless point, I'm only concerned about the poor child there who knows nothing about these customs and tradition, if that child were yours would you spill this trash here? Hell No. Learn to value human lives ok, that's what makes us civilized folks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by porka: 7:46am On Nov 24, 2015
carinmom:

Don't worry at all. You don't need to take Panadol for another's headache. This culture has been going on for ages and it is safe. Had it been it has any health implications, doctors would have advised women to stop. This is how the children are brought up, so no big deal.

'Dr. Mrs' Carinmom, because infant mortality rate has been high 'for ages' does not mean it should remain high.

Infant mortality is a big deal.

6 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by porka: 7:58am On Nov 24, 2015
irondome:

And the irony is ---" the mum herself didn't fully cover her own face and breathing nose in the name of culture & religion". Why subject a baby to such ordeal?

Just imagine that.

2 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by Mcbussy(m): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2015
Nah their way
Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by gulfer: 8:09am On Nov 24, 2015
Are you sure that is a baby on her back or IEDs

4 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by aresa: 8:12am On Nov 24, 2015
porka:

'Dr. Mrs' Carinmom, because infant mortality has been high 'for ages' does not mean they should remain high.

Infant mortality is a big deal.

Has there been any public health outcry by any authority in Nigeria regarding what's in that picture or how many kids have died in the process? Do you have any credible and official stats indicating that this is in anyway is responsible for infant morality anywhere on the surface of the earth?

Let me answer the question for you. The answer in big CAPITAL NO.

Infant mortality is high based on many issues like lack of antenatal or pre natal care, after birth care like lack of vaccines, vitamin deficiency, waterborne and communicable disease, these are the issues we really should be talking about and never what's in that picture.

You are talking based on your own personal and made up judgement which is OK, but let it remain there and please do away with the compound statements that you can not back up with anything but your own personal judgement.

The OP is of course ignorant and grossly bigoted which is synonymous with his kind on NL so why help promote such ignorance and bigotry?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 24, 2015
This is nothing with regards to the hijab wearing Muslims.Here in kano,under the scorching sun,the poor child will scream and cry his eyes out due to the heat but the mum will be like "I don't want to offend Allah ".

3 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by sarutobie(m): 8:18am On Nov 24, 2015
aresa:

Has there been any public health outcry by any authority in Nigeria regarding what's in that picture or how many kids have died in the process? Do you have any credible and official stats indicating that this is in anyway is responsible for infant morality anywhere on the surface of the earth?

Infant mortality is high based on many issues like lack of antenatal or pre natal care, after birth care like lack of vaccines, vitamin deficiency, waterborne and communicable disease, these are the issues we really should be talking about and never what's in that picture.

You are talking based on your own personal and made up judgement which is OK, but let it remain there and please do away with the compound statements that you can not back up with anything but your own personal judgement.

The OP is of course ignorant and grossly bigoted which is synonymous with his kind on NL so why help promote such ignorance and bigotry?
has the public outcry and obvious security risk of women on hijabs strapping bombs on themselves stopped the use of hijabs? Stubborn backward ideologies. The Chadians stopped it,but trust their stubborn Nigerian counterparts.

5 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by funkyibodude(m): 8:23am On Nov 24, 2015
aresa:

Bigoted indeed! Did I insult any religion or tribe? I just saw something awkward and displeasing to the human eyes and voiced my concern about a poor child who was even crying when I saw him/ her, and all of a sudden it's bigotry? If that's the way you were brought up as a child then it's unfortunate, but try to understand this that there are such practices that is repulsive to the human eyes like this one I'm seeing undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by aresa: 8:28am On Nov 24, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
This is nothing with regards to the hijab wearing Muslims.Here in kano,under the scorching sun,the poor child will scream and cry his eyes out due to the heat but the mum will be like "I don't want to offend Allah ".

You read it somewhere where it was stated that such offends God or this is just your own bigoted formulation?

They protect their babies from dust and flies unlike the babies others leave exposed to the elements.

Women with shawls and veils can breastfeed anywhere without calling attention to themselves, while baby is protected from dust and flies.

http://www.al-islam.org/hijab-muslim-womens-dress-islamic-or-cultural-sayyid-muhammad-rizvi/why-hijab
Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by irondome: 8:37am On Nov 24, 2015
aresa:

Remove that blinding cloak of religion covering your face of reasoning. No human (that has reached a talking age) would be silent and happy with being a victim of this wicked practice. Even a full blown man like yourself would aggressively kick against having a hood over your head al-through the day. This is wicked and insensitive.

5 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by aresa: 8:39am On Nov 24, 2015
funkyibodude:
Bigoted indeed! Did I insult any religion or tribe? I just saw something awkward and displeasing to the human eyes and voiced my concern about a poor child who was even crying when I saw him/ her, and all of a sudden it's bigotry? If that's the way you were brought up as a child then it's unfortunate, but try to understand this that there are such practices that is repulsive to the human eyes like this one I'm seeing undecided

I really don't remember saying you did, I said quit supporting bigotry and ignorance.

People's way of life and age long practices that doesn't emanate any public health concern or outcry and it should be the least of your worries and your repulsive worries is basically your worries since it's redundant and meaningless and one man's needless worries is another man's happiness.

First it was infant mortality, but now since you have nothing sane, rational or sensible facts to base that on, now it's repulsive.

No, you sound very very repulsive...
Saying other people's way of life and age long practice is repulsive is of course bigotry.

Now you are sounding very ignorant...
Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by aresa: 8:41am On Nov 24, 2015
[s]
irondome:

Remove that blinding cloak of religion covering your face of reasoning. No human (that has reached a talking age) would be silent and happy with being a victim of this wicked practice. Even a full blown man like yourself would aggressively kick against having a hood over your head al-through the day. This is wicked and insensitive.
[/s]

Your ignorant post is definitely one of the many odious posts in this unfortunate thread..
Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by aresa: 8:44am On Nov 24, 2015
[s]
sarutobie:
has the public outcry and obvious security risk of women on hijabs strapping bombs on themselves stopped the use of hijabs? Stubborn backward ideologies. The Chadians stopped it,but trust their stubborn Nigerian counterparts.
[/s]

What's backward is you and your backward mentality...
Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by irondome: 8:45am On Nov 24, 2015
aresa:

You read it somewhere where it was stated that such offends God or this is just your own bigoted formulation?

They protect their babies from dust and flies unlike the babies others leave exposed to the elements.

Dust and flies indeed!!! what a reasonable alibi!!! Breast feeding, the best of the alibi!!!! What happens to using the veil when you actually need to breast feed. That way, the precious breast of the mother would be shielded from the prying eyes of the world while the mother feeds her baby; and the baby would not be subjected to a life in a perpetual ovum.

2 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by irondome: 8:51am On Nov 24, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Your ignorant post is definitely one of the many odious posts in this unfortunate thread..

Simple question -- would you like to spend your whole day with a hood over face? If your answer NO, then, it is wicked and barbaric to subject a voiceless baby to such an unthinkable torture.

5 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by sarutobie(m): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

What's backward is you and your backward mentality...
Yea right lol coming from a grown ass man who believes his woes in life is caused by a devil living somewhere in Mecca grin I've never seen a more barbaric and backward mentality in all my life.
Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by sarutobie(m): 8:56am On Nov 24, 2015
irondome:

Simple question -- would you like to spend your whole day with a hood over face? If your answer NO, then, it is wicked and barbaric to subject a voiceless baby to such an unthinkable torture.

do not bother for a sensible reply. Not even their jihadist prophet will subject himself to such.

1 Like

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by jashar(f): 9:44am On Nov 24, 2015
M4gunners:
Me myself i am looking at that pic in another perspective. That Child there might be a stolen child. No body is even thinking of that, instead we are talking of Cultures.

cheesy grin grin cheesy

Oga abeg leave me this morning oooo.... which kind laugh I dey laugh so?
Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 24, 2015
aresa:

and elements like fresh air and ventilation.

2 Likes

Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by rebelXYZ: 9:58am On Nov 24, 2015
irondome:

And what is cultural and religious about choking an innocent, voiceless baby? Like seriously!!! If the woman is bent on covering herself, of course, she can knock herself out and cover every inch of her body. I careless about that, but not the baby. The long term effect of inadequate flow of oxygen to the brain is damaging and irreversible. Why expose or subject a voiceless baby to such a damning condition for life in the name of illiteracy, disguised as religious or cultural practices.
This is just an overhyped issue which is not as serious you guys take it to be. i dont think there's any oxygen or whatever case in the past as a result of what this woman has done. Perhaps the material might be very light to allow some air flow in. having said this, it's not enough for the op to start snapping trash and upload it here all in the name of nairaland FP craziness. He could politely call the attention of the woman, she might just take to correction not just coming here to post people's pics anyhow. it's not just right. that's a violation of someone else's security. what if that woman had seen him at the moment when he was snapping?
Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
Exmay:
This leads to nothing but Vitamin D deficiency...

That's why they come down with RICKETS and OSTEOMALACIA.

Just giving GOD prayer load.
Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by aresa: 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
and elements like fresh air and ventilation.

According to your own ignorance and lack of understanding of the word ventilation..
Re: is it proper for a mother to Carry her Child like this? by aresa: 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
[s]
irondome:

Dust and flies indeed!!! what a reasonable alibi!!! Breast feeding, the best of the alibi!!!! What happens to using the veil when you actually need to breast feed. That way, the precious breast of the mother would be shielded from the prying eyes of the world while the mother feeds her baby; and the baby would not be subjected to a life in a perpetual ovum.

[/s]

STFU and mind your own ignorant and bigoted existence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caught A Fellow Nigerian Woman Cheating On Her Husband . Can I Tell Him / Can You Object The Union Of Couples At A Wedding Ceremony? / Help Me, My Once Loving Husband No Longer Gives Me Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.