Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. (1921 Views)

How To Hear God Voice / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. / My Parents Wants To Hear God's Voice Before I Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by blacksta(m): 12:12am On May 24, 2009
I believe this is a major area of a christ like walk  the ability to hear God and know it is God.  Will people shed light how one can hear God and most important know it is God.

Thanks
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by Tudor3(m): 7:37am On May 24, 2009
Anyone who tells you he heard the voice of god,is either a liar or genuinely DELUSIONAL!
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by ttalks(m): 10:08am On May 24, 2009
blacksta:

I believe this is a major area of a christ like walk the ability to hear God and know it is God. Will people shed light how one can hear God and most important know it is God.

Thanks

The only way to "hear" God is to read the bible.Anything that he has to let you know is contained within the bible.He's not going to tell you anything new.
The only thing that could be close to the supposed hearing is the prompting in your spirit to particular portions of the bible for you to read.
I said promptings - not any voice saying "do this,go there,enter here,etc"
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by toneyb: 10:30am On May 24, 2009
ttalks:

The only way to "hear" God is to read the bible.Anything that he has to let you know is contained within the bible, He's not going to tell you anything new.
The only thing that could be close to the supposed hearing is the prompting in your spirit to particular portions of the bible for you to read.

How do you know that the bible is the word of divine entity? You should expect to "hear" the words of a divine being in a book that is VERY great. But what we have in the bible are very ridiculous assertions and lunacy at its best.  There's plenty of evidence and it points to the bible being written by non-eyewitnesses, internally contradictory, morally repugnant, irrational, scientifically false, and historically inaccurate. Because it would seem to me if something were divinely inspired it would be internally consistent and would fit nicely with what we learn through observation, reason, and scientific method.  If it were divinely inspired you wouldn't need to convene a conference to determine what was and wasn't the word of god.  Most importantly, and I am real curious of your take on this because I have never gotten a Christian response to this, Why wouldn't the translators of the bible be similarly inspired?  Why are there so many different English translations?
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by ttalks(m): 10:44am On May 24, 2009
toneyb:

How do you know that the bible is the word of divine entity? You should expect the "hear" the words of a divine being in a book that is VERY great. But what we have in the bible is very ridiculous assertions and lunacy at its best. There's plenty of evidence and it points to the bible being written by non-eyewitnesses, internally contradictory, morally repugnant, irrational, scientifically false, and historically inaccurate. Because it would seem to me if something were divinely inspired it would be internally consistent and would fit nicely with what we learn through observation, reason, and scientific method. If it were divinely inspired you wouldn't need to convene a conference to determine what was and wasn't the word of god. Most importantly, and I am real curious of your take on this because I have never gotten a Christian response to this, Why wouldn't the translators of the bible be similarly inspired? Why are there so many different English translations?

I wonder why this has to crop up here.You have ur view about the bible, so be it.
The poster wants to know how to hear from God and since he is obviously Christian, he requires the Christian way of hearing from God and that is through the source of info of the Christian faith; the bible.
If it is inaccurate, that is ur problem; not mine nor the posters'.

The only response I'll give to ur post relates to the part about translations.
The translations we see today were not done by divine inspiration; the translations are translations made from the divinely inspired works.
Translations and the originals are two different classes.
The translations are subclasses of the superclass(the original).
Different people with their own methods and ways of understanding translated the originals of their own understandings without any divine inspiration.

Simple reasoning shld help on that.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by Horus(m): 12:49pm On May 24, 2009
Adam and Eve heard the voice of which they knew to be God, or the Lord. In order to speak you must have a larynx, and its functions are to produce sounds and keep food from entering the trachea. Does this mean that God eats, which means he needs food, and thus making him in need of a digestive system?
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by Tudor3(m): 1:15pm On May 24, 2009
According to timmy7,if i want to hear the voice of god i look into the bible.
I find that very disturbing because i look into the old testament and and see god telling us to stone people to death,kill unbelievers (even family members),steal peoples lands,rape their women and kill their children e.t.c
This is all TOO MUCH!
The BIBLE is trying to turn me into a MUSLIM!
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by JIL(m): 2:37pm On May 24, 2009
I find that very disturbing because i look into the old testament and and see god telling us to stone people to death,kill unbelievers (even family members),steal peoples lands,rape their women and kill their children e.t.c
This is all TOO MUCH!

@Tudor, stop distorting the Bible for your own selfish interest.Your view is completely warped, obviously biased and written with utter resentment. You made some fiery statements without giving any reference to the passages in which such statements were made. Even then, you fail to recognise the context of where, when and why such orders were given. Why are you making reference to the old testament with regards to orders given to the Isrealites thousands of years ago that has no bearing on christians, during the time of Christ or today? Can you please, tell us were such orders were given in the New Testament, if any?

Below are some of the values given to Christians by Christ and His disciples in the New Testament. If you have anything contrary to these or feel they are 'muslim-like', please let us know;

[list]
[li] Mark 12:31 -"You must love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."[/li]

[li] Rom 13:8-10 -Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
9 For the commandments,  “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,”  “You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet, and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely,  “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law[/li]

[li]1 Cor 13 -Love is patient; love is kind
and envies no one.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
never selfish, not quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
but the greatest of them all is love.[/li]
[li]Luke 6:27-36 -[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you.

[32] "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. [33] And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. [34] And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. [35] But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. [36] Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. [/li]
[/list]

True christianity preaches and practices love and peace, if you want hatred and vengence, look elsewhere. If you want to be a muslim, be a muslim but please refrain from making statements you cannot validate.

Anyone who tells you he heard the voice of god,is either a liar or genuinely DELUSIONAL!

Another of your warped statements. You must have a burning hatred against anything related to christianity.The fact that you are spirirually blind and thus cannot hear from God, does not mean others cannot. you are like a blind man trying to lead the blind spiritually. If you donot hear from God, you have every right to pronounce it but lack the authority to speak for others. I can speak for myself and say with all humility and by His grace that I hear from God. Your statement should have been;

Anyone who tells you that I, Tudor hears the voice of god,is either a liar or genuinely DELUSIONAL!
(edited)

The bible talked about doubters like you - 1 Cor 18-25 -

18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written,  “I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE,  AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE.”
20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
22 For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom;
23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,
24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by JJYOU: 3:08pm On May 24, 2009
Tùdor:

This is all TOO MUCH!
the bible turn you into muslim and muslim turns you into hell what have you lost?
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by Tudor3(m): 3:12pm On May 24, 2009
@JJYOU
Excuse me?
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by toneyb: 3:22pm On May 24, 2009
JIL:

True christianity preaches[b] and practices love and peace[/b], if you want hatred and vengence, look elsewhere. If you want to be a muslim, be a muslim but please refrain from making statements you cannot validate.

This statement is not completely accurate I must say.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by Tudor3(m): 3:25pm On May 24, 2009
@JIL
You're wrong. I dnt hate everything christian, i hate everything RELIGION!
Are you on drugs or what?
Isn't it the same god of the old testament that christians worship? He said '' I am god i changeth not''. If he commanded the isrealites to kill,loot and rape,he changeth not. He commands them to stone sinners and unbelievers,he changeth not.
The christian hypocrisy is overwhelming. They claim the new testament is relevant and the old irrelevant. But when they want to collect tithes and offerings,they quote malachi.or when they want you to vow/pledge money they chant deuteronomy.
So you hear gods voice right? Dont say that out in public please,you might be mistaken for a psychotic mad man
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 24, 2009
@ poster

Take all sort of drugs and confuse the doctor's "Don't give up" as god's?

grin grin
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by JIL(m): 4:27pm On May 24, 2009
@Tudor
Here you go again with another of your warped statements.

So its religion that you hate and not just christianity? I now see why the Islamists banned you. Well, I am not going to ban you or accuse you of smoking crack cocaine. But I am going to say it would be a waste of time and effort to discuss with people with a warped, evil and distorted mind like yours.

But I want to add that God saying He changeth not, means that he is the same being. The fact that he shows the Isrealites His wrath at some point and His mercies at some other point does not mean that he has changed. If I wear a suit to a meeting in the day time and wear pyjamas to sleep at night, does it mean I have changed? I am still me but I changed my clothing appropriately to suit the occasion.If you smoke crack cocaine ( like I believe you do ) and decide to start smoking heroin does not mean you have changed. No, you are still the same crack head but decided to change your drug type for a reason.

Tudor, I won't reply to any of your posts again. I have better things to do with my time than to argue with a deranged mind like yours. You are a big fool, yes you are because, it is only a fool that will say in his heart; there is no God. One day, you will meet your maker and explain all your rantings to Him. Sorry, even your father, the devil wont be there to support you.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 24, 2009
JIL:

@Tudor
Here you go again with another of your warped statements.

So its religion that you hate and not just christianity? I now see why the Islamists banned you. Well, I am not going to ban you or accuse you of smoking crack cocaine. But I am going to say it would be a waste of time and effort to discuss with people with a warped, evil and distorted mind like yours.

But I want to add that God saying He changeth not, means that he is the same being. The fact that he shows the Isrealites His wrath at some point and His mercies at some other point does not mean that he has changed. If I wear a suit to a meeting in the day time and wear pyjamas to sleep at night, does it mean I have changed? I am still me but I changed my clothing appropriately to suit the occasion.If you smoke crack cocaine ( like I believe you do ) and decide to start smoking heroin does not mean you have changed. No, you are still the same crack head but decided to change your drug type for a reason.

Tudor, I won't reply to any of your posts again. I have better things to do with my time than to argue with a deranged mind like yours. You are a big fool, yes you are because, it is only a fool that will say in his heart; there is no God. One day, you will meet your maker and explain all your rantings to Him. Sorry, even your father, the devil wont be there to support you.

You are a very bad christian who'll rot in hell. Who are you to call others fool? If for real your god is a god of love who loves everybody indistinctively, is he also foolish by loving a fool who doesn't accept him?

That even says what a bigger fool you are.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by Tudor3(m): 5:21pm On May 24, 2009
@JIL
I guess you now see why the islamists banned me,coz when i speak the truth it HURTS.calm down and stop ranting
My guy, if you wear suit in the morning and later wear pyjamas, you have 'CHANGED' your appearance. I dnt give a damn if your god had mood swings with the isrealites,all i'm saying is why the change of laws? If you are a coach and you change your formation during a game,sure you're still the same coach but your game plan and orientation has changed. Now the question is why did the coach change formation,it's either his original approach has failed or he doesnt like the outcome. That my brother is REPENTANCE. Its a human trait and your god does it.
God said ''i changeth not'' he didnt say 'i changeth not my being''
incase you're retarded, i changeth not means i am the same god always,my rules and principles don't change.
He also said ''god is not a man that he should repent''
So why the repentance,why the change? If he said we should kill unbelievers,steal and loot lands,stone people to death,kill women and children of our enemies,an eye for an eye.why the change? Afterall he's not a man that he should repent. If that doesnt sound like repentance to you,then you're the FOOL.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by bawomolo(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2009
It's pretty egoistical to claim that God can only be heard from reading the bible. No wonder we have religious violence in this country.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by JIL(m): 7:40pm On May 24, 2009
Silence!
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by bindex(m): 8:19pm On May 24, 2009
How do you hear an from an imaginary being? people believe in deities because they do not understand life; their life, or the life around them. So, just existing, or everything just existing had to have a creator since they had a creator (their parents etc). people believe in deities and heaven etc, as a way to cope with the fact that they are fearful of dying. in the past during the time that most of the bible and the koran were written most people only lived on average about 40-50 years. Such a short time. Though today, on average (worldwide) people live to be 75-85 years. Still for many that's such a short time.  So they create god and heaven as a way to justify living forever beyond their "mortal coil".Religion and god was created by man as a way to control others. why? Because people always want what they can't have, don't have, and therefore if you create a system that can get you this, based on the idiocy of people (even the smart ones) then you get the power, you have the control, and you have also the wealth. The catholic church is a good example of this. People create their gods mostly in their own image speak to them and hear from them all the time. No god has ever spoken to any one all we have are people telling themselves what they need to do or interpreting their inner most feelings, emotions and wishes and ascribing it to their god or calling if the voice of their god.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by blacksta(m): 8:49pm On May 24, 2009
bindex:

How do you hear an from an imaginary being? people believe in deities because they do not understand life; their life, or the life around them. So, just existing, or everything just existing had to have a creator since they had a creator (their parents etc). people believe in deities and heaven etc, as a way to cope with the fact that they are fearful of dying. in the past during the time that most of the bible and the koran were written most people only lived on average about 40-50 years. Such a short time. Though today, on average (worldwide) people live to be 75-85 years. Still for many that's such a short time.  So they create god and heaven as a way to justify living forever beyond their "mortal coil".Religion and god was created by man as a way to control others. why? Because people always want what they can't have, don't have, and therefore if you create a system that can get you this, based on the idiocy of people (even the smart ones) then you get the power, you have the control, and you have also the wealth. The catholic church is a good example of this. People create their gods mostly in their own image speak to them and hear from them all the time. No god has ever spoken to any one all we have are people telling themselves what they need to do or interpreting their inner most feelings, emotions and wishes and ascribing it to their god or calling if the voice of their god.

it is not absolute neccessity that you must post on this thread . The mere fact that you challenging the notion that God does not talk to people means God exist. Christianity is true religion and it been challenged by non believers. why do and others fight it and not fight bhuddasim, yoga and rest of the nonsense out there.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by blacksta(m): 8:53pm On May 24, 2009
toneyb:

How do you know that the bible is the word of divine entity? You should expect to "hear" the words of a divine being in a book that is VERY great. But what we have in the bible are very ridiculous assertions and lunacy at its best.  There's plenty of evidence and it points to the bible being written by non-eyewitnesses, internally contradictory, morally repugnant, irrational, scientifically false, and historically inaccurate. Because it would seem to me if something were divinely inspired it would be internally consistent and would fit nicely with what we learn through observation, reason, and scientific method.  If it were divinely inspired you wouldn't need to convene a conference to determine what was and wasn't the word of god.  Most importantly, and I am real curious of your take on this because I have never gotten a Christian response to this, Why wouldn't the translators of the bible be similarly inspired?  Why are there so many different English translations?

Why do u fight - I believe everybody is an individual and has a free will to do whatever they want to do with their life. My question to you sir what other religion are u fighting. Please answer - thanks
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by blacksta(m): 9:01pm On May 24, 2009
Tùdor:

@JIL
You're wrong. I dnt hate everything christian, i hate everything RELIGION!
Are you on drugs or what?
Isn't it the same god of the old testament that christians worship? He said '' I am god i changeth not''. If he commanded the isrealites to kill,loot and rape,he changeth not. He commands them to stone sinners and unbelievers,he changeth not.
The christian hypocrisy is overwhelming. They claim the new testament is relevant and the old irrelevant. But when they want to collect tithes and offerings,they quote malachi.or when they want you to vow/pledge money they chant deuteronomy.
So you hear gods voice right? Dont say that out in public please,you might be mistaken for a psychotic mad man

you the know the scriptures although consumed by hate for christianity . but i must say the Devil knows the word of God so i am not suprised by your. mis interepration of the word. please keep your opionon to yourself.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by toneyb: 9:02pm On May 24, 2009
blacksta:

Why do u fight - I believe everybody is an individual and has a free will to do whatever they want to do with their life. My question to you sir what other religion are u fighting. Please answer - thanks

Do I appear as if I am fighting your religion?  grin grin. I not not fighting anu religion I just want people to tell me why the believe that the bible is a divinely inspired and why they believe in what it contains.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by toneyb: 9:03pm On May 24, 2009
blacksta:

you the know the scriptures although consumed by hate for christianity . but i must say the Devil knows the word of God so i am not suprised by your. mis interepration of the word. please keep your opionon to yourself.

You have not shown how he has mis-interpreted the "word".
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by Tudor3(m): 9:28pm On May 24, 2009
@blacksta
I wonder how i mis-interpreted the word.
I mean,it's in black and white,stone,kill,loot etc.whats there to misinterprete?
By the way what makes your 'interpretation' the truth?
slowpoke. This is a public forum,i can share my opinions whenever i like.
I wonder how you think.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by bawomolo(m): 2:23am On May 25, 2009
Christianity is true religion and it been challenged by non believers. why do and others fight it and not fight bhuddasim, yoga and rest of the nonsense out there

Umm maybe because Buddhism doesn't have an expansionist ideology compared to Christianity or Islam?

The whole my way is the only way is what separates western religions from eastern religions. Religions like Sikhism or Buddhism don't see their way as the only way.

Nigeria would go a long way if Christians and Muslims stop stepping ova each others throat over the same guy in the sky.

None of you have a monopoly over the spaghetti monster.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by solosimple(m): 11:42am On May 25, 2009
The only way to "hear" God is to read the bible.Anything that he has to let you know is contained within the bible.He's not going to tell you anything new.

Well said!
Plus: I believe that God grants Visions and Revelations, but it is not for us to be looking around for them, or embark on fasting and praying for some visions. God grants visions and revelations to inform, guide, correct and direct us AS HE WILLS. If the vision comes, take it. If it doesn't, don't force yourself into any magical deception. Even when you are granted a vision you still need to be sure that the vision is consisted with the word, otherwise, you've only seen a TELEVISION! It's just good to stick to the word!
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by JJYOU: 11:47am On May 25, 2009
solosimple:

Well said!
Plus: I believe that God grants Visions and Revelations, but it is not for us to be looking around for them, or embark on fasting and praying for some visions. God grants visions and revelations to inform, guide, correct and direct us AS HE WILLS. If the vision comes, take it. If it doesn't, don't force yourself into any magical deception. Even when you are granted a vision you still need to be sure that the vision is consisted with the word, otherwise, you've only seen a TELEVISION! It's just good to stick to the word!
you are right. thanks
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 25, 2009
Tùdor:

I refuse to believe Moses had scriptures to read, and he still used to hear God's voice, loud and clear. God doesn't change. If people don't hear his voice now, it's because they have changed, not that God's larynx is malfunctioning like my dear Horus suggested.

Please don't be dumb. It doesn't make sense to apply biology to spirits. If you know too much of it, please keep it to yourself.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by bawomolo(m): 6:48pm On May 25, 2009
exactly what voice was Mohammed listening to
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by Nobody: 3:18am On May 26, 2009
@topic

You have to spend more time meditating on his word. By that you enrich the spirit. It only depends on you and how much time you're ready to dedicate to him. There has to be a longing on your part.
Re: How To Hear God - And Know It Is God. by minute(f): 3:36am On May 26, 2009
I have heard god's voice before . . . . am pretty sure he has a two-pack-a-day habit undecided undecided undecided

Goodluck on that!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Words Determine Your Destiny / Bishop Eddie Long Revisited - Eight Things I Think About Bishop Eddie Long / Some Christian Names Going Extinct,why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.