Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] - Phones (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (179095 Views)

Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by enoch273: 1:11am On Dec 04, 2016
finally the long awaited cyanogenMod custom ROM is here for TECNO boom J8, click the link below to download and also get instructions on how to flash the custom ROM on your J8

http://www.enochtekng.com/2016/12/cyanogenmod121-stable-custom-rom-for.html
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by grudges: 1:46am On Dec 04, 2016
bogtrotter:

I have the exact problem with mine but I just dey manage am like that.
ok
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Proffdada: 1:30am On Dec 05, 2016
bogtrotter:

I have the exact problem with mine but I just dey manage am like that.
same here and I'm scared
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by djgreenland(m): 2:24am On Dec 08, 2016
Any M5 for sale?
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
I love my Gionee s plus so much.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by puyol5: 2:38pm On Dec 09, 2016
Deeni131:
I love my Gionee s plus so much.
its a great phone especially with the fact that the screen is amoled.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Lusola15: 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
i have this for sale

Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by mummyson26(m): 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2016
Lusola15:
i have this for sale
price and location?
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Lusola15: 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
mummyson26:

price and location?

lagos, 1500
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
So my charging port blew up or something /got burnt
Went to their office here in Akwaibom but the port wasn't available and was asked to go to ikeja in Lagos..

Anyone here knows how much it'll cost to fix it??

The engineer here in akwaibom said they won't charge me but I misplaced the receipt (warranty stuff) so I doubt the free ish
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Tscholar(m): 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
please distinguished forumites,I have a problem i want you resolved for me.Just this morning i discovered my splus is not being charge again,but i don't know if it is the cord or the charging port of the phone.I inserted the cord into it and discovered it didn't charge at all.Then i believed the problem might be the type c cord i am using because i have bn taking it around and i was thinking since it was folded and it might hv got broken inside.So what could be the possible problem. Thank you!
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by orobosa26(m): 4:24am On Dec 19, 2016
pls help my phone is having an issue wen ever it hangs it shows system ui force closed and it's not even charging at 52% since
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Kiady16: 2:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
Youcharia:
Went to their office here in ilorin but the port wasn't available and was asked to go to ikeja in Lagos..

The engineer here in ilorin said they won't charge me but I misplaced the receipt (warranty stuff) so I doubt the free ish
Cost of replacing splus is N4,900. Charging port blowing up is a physical damage and does it cover warranty
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Kiady16: 2:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
orobosa26:
pls help my phone is having an issue wen ever it hangs it shows system ui force closed and it's not even charging at 52% since
your phone needs a system upgrade.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Kiady16: 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tscholar:
please distinguished forumites,I have a problem i want you resolved for me.Just this morning i discovered my splus is not being charge again,but i don't know if it is the cord or the charging port of the phone.I inserted the cord into it and discovered it didn't charge at all.Then i believed the problem might be the type c cord i am using because i have bn taking it around and i was thinking since it was folded and it might hv got broken inside.So what could be the possible problem. Thank you!
go to service centre and let them confirm it.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by tomiwa95odusina: 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2016
please how much is the cost of fixing gionee s plus charging port? it's really urgent
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by peeguy(m): 11:30am On Dec 22, 2016
tomiwa95odusina:
please how much is the cost of fixing gionee s plus charging port? it's really urgent
i did mine N4,900
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
Youcharia:
Went to their office here in ilorin but the port wasn't available and was asked to go to ikeja in Lagos..

The engineer here in ilorin said they won't charge me but I misplaced the receipt (warranty stuff) so I doubt the free ish
Don't bother coming to Lagos, my phone is with them for the past 2 months with the same problems. They said the charging port isn't available!!!
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kiady16:
your phone needs a system upgrade.
There's no update on Splus. Rather they gave the update to m3 mini
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
peeguy:
i did mine N4,900
Where did u got urz fix?
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Kiady16: 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
wizzywisdom:

There's no update on Splus. Rather they gave the update to m3 mini
I meant software upgrade
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kiady16:
I meant software upgrade
Oh!
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by orobosa26(m): 12:40am On Dec 25, 2016
Kiady16:
I meant software upgrade
how do one Gina's this software upgrade cus I tried D system upgrade and it says am on the latest version..pls hellbent phone is really developing slot of issues...thanks
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Uchennazico: 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
So my charging port is also faulty and after going through some messages here.. It's obvious it's a flaw from gionee... Cus almost everyone is complaining... And I have been calling service centers... They keep saying it's not available yet...

Am really disappointed cus this is my first gionee phone and the phone is not up to 6 months...

The phone also flickers when on low brightness.. Saw someone complain about it too...

Am jst tired mehn! Phone is too fragile...
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by orobosa26(m): 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2016
how much is gionee S plus cost at present a friend of my Wants to buy after seeing D wonders of d phone.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by udemzyudex(m): 11:45pm On Dec 27, 2016
When someone was complaining about Gionee phone some gionee fans where bashing him and calling him Tecno agent..

I hope you guys are enjoying your gionee S plus, the funny thing is that they will bring refurbished phone to Nigeria and take the good ones to India or Kenya, still wondering why Kenya is always the first place for them to launch their device in Africa.
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Fidha254(m): 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
udemzyudex:
When someone was complaining about Gionee phone some gionee fans where bashing him and calling him Tecno agent..

I hope you guys are enjoying your gionee S plus, the funny thing is that they will bring refurbished phone to Nigeria and take the good ones to India or Kenya, still wondering why Kenya is always the first place for them to launch their device in Africa.

Media attention, when they launch in Kenya, its not just Kenya they are targeting, Kenya is well connected to neibouring countries from east up to central Africa....bieng a dominant regional economy,majority of Kenyan exports go to these countries, therefore a multinational phone manufacturers would have it very easy using same supply chains to distribute their product to a combined population of more than 100Million financially capable consumers, at least..
Also Kenya is well connected, smartphone companies love when their products perfom

Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by udemzyudex(m): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
Fidha254:

Media attention, when they launch in Kenya, its not just Kenya they are targeting, Kenya is well connected to neibouring countries from east up to central Africa....bieng a dominant regional economy,majority of Kenyan exports go to these countries, therefore a multinational phone manufacturers would have it very easy using same supply chains to distribute their product to a combined population of more than 100Million financially capable consumers, at least..
Also Kenya is well connected, smartphone companies love when their products perfom

How is Kenya well connected? does it mean Nigerians don't buy smartphone .
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Fidha254(m): 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by Fidha254(m): 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
udemzyudex:

How is Kenya well connected? does it mean Nigerians don't buy smartphone .

the amount of people with mobile phones in Nigeria are more than the whole population of Kenya.... By well connected I mean technologically speaking and also infrastructurewise... Connected not only within Kenya but also to neighbouring countries.... E.g. Members of East Africa have same uniform call rates, You can send money to someone in a neibouring country at the same rate as you send within ones country... Tanzania and Kenya for E.G cumulatively transact $6billion a month through mobile money... Online transaction like from PayPal and VISA and MasterCard from anywhere in the world sent to ones account can be deposited to an MPEsa account, and you don't even have to step inside any bank.... While these things are not enough to persuade a phone company to choose Kenya as its launchpad, the hype around launching your product it this new upcoming tech savvy economy is 'catchy' to the ears of those calling the shots in those companies... Then infrastructure means all the countries in the region are well connected with minimal bottlenecks when it comes to EAS OF DOING BUSINESS thus when you talk of launching a product in Kenya, its almost like you are launching in/for all east African countries combined population, each of these countries has its own sizeable middleclass

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] by aamstih: 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
Gionee should please intervene in this our charging port issues with the S plus their engineers keep saying that there is no "sub board" for my phone to be fixed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (107) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now / Tecno M5 discussion thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.