Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack (2080 Views)

Moment President Donald Trump Meet President Vladmir Putin In Finland(photos) / Vladimir Putin Sworn In For 4th Term, Rides In New Russian-Made Limo / Russian President, Vladmir Putin Implicates Hillary Clinton In New Revelation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Chanzy1(m): 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
Following the recent shooting down of a Russian Jet by Syria forces, the Russian President Vladmir putin issued out this Statement.

"This event is beyond the normal framework of fighting against terrorism. Of course our military is doing heroic work against terrorism... But the loss today is a stab in the back, carried out by the accomplices of terrorists. I can’t describe it in any other way. Our aircraft was downed over the territory of Syria, using air-to-air missile from a Turkish F-16. It fell on the Syrian territory 4km from Turkey.

Neither our pilots nor our jet threatened the territory of Turkey. This is obvious. They are fighting terrorists in the northern areas around Latakia, where militants are located, mainly people who originated in Russia, and they were pursuing their direct duty, to make sure these people do not return to Russia. These are people who are clearly international terrorists.

Taking into account that we signed an agreement on deconflicting with the US, and as we know Turkey was among the ones that has joined the US coalition. Since Isis has such huge resources of hundreds of millions and billions of dollars coming from illicit oil sales, and they are protected by the armed forces of other states, then it’s clear why they are so brazen, why they are killing people, why they are carrying out terrorist attacks throughout the world including in the heart of Europe.

We will analyse everything, and today’s tragic event will have significant consequences, including for Russia-Turkish relations. We have always treated Turkey as a friendly state. I don’t know who was interested in what happened today, certainly not us. And instead of immediately getting in contact with us, as far as we know, the Turkish side immediately turned to their partners from Nato to discuss this incident, as if we shot down their plane and not they ours."

Moments later Turkey prime minister Ahmet Davutoglu said it was Turkey’s “duty” to defend its territory
Davutoglu said:

“We want the international community to know that we are ready for any kind of sacrifice when the security and life of our citizens and our border security are concerned. The downing of a jet that had violated Turkish airspace today has to be seen in this context as well.

“We do not adopt an approach that impeaches on the sovereignty of any country. But the world needs to know that it is our international right and our national duty to take measures against anybody who violates our borders on the land and in the air, in spite of our many warnings.”
Updates coming up
Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Misternas89(m): 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
Al iz well
[size=19pt]Mrnas say so [/size]
Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Chanzy1(m): 3:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
The jet that was shot down

Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by seunt4ut(m): 3:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
Smelling WW III
Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by vedaxcool(m): 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
No source? Anyway Putin sounds remorseful, he should not cry, na so life be, the numerous innocent civilians murder by his allies in Syria weren't laughing when they were unjustly murdered.

Putin is accomplice to a Murderer and pseudo-terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Pavore9: 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
Russia will not certainly not take it lightly.
Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by MabraO: 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
See Putin fans changing tune
I tot Russia had the best defense military or whatever u guys always put it

Na just turkey strike them Putin dey cry
If na US come do am nko it means Putin ll just die

I can't fit to laugh

1 Like

Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
This is difference between masters of military strategies and an emotional commanded. What's the point of violating Turkish Airspace even after you were warned the last time? To probe what exactly? Putin should learn from Napoleon. Emotional outbursts only do not win you any battle.

2 Likes

Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by chigoizie7(m): 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
Lol, putin take heart. But turkey, una don price market, always be ready to buy.

Una do una own today, russia don take am in good fate.

NATO all of you should be wary of russia's territories, air, land and water. They might not even warn u b4 they will strike. They only want the international communities to witness what turkey did so that they will not cry fowl when they will do same to any country that finds itself in that situation.

1st to do no de pain. Putin, sorry oh, but turkey, a bigger sorry, because, they will strike when u least expect it and don't cry when d time comes.

1 Like

Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Chanzy1(m): 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
vedaxcool:
No source? .

It is a public press statement issued out. It has no copyright and everyone has access to it without need to cite.
Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by chiefobdk(m): 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
Misternas89:
Al iz well [size=19pt]Mrnas say so [/size]
e be like dem just sack u

1 Like

Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Misternas89(m): 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
chiefobdk:

e be like dem just sack u
Kk
Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by scully95: 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
This is difference between masters of military strategies and an emotional commanded. What's the point of violating Turkish Airspace even after you were warned the last time? To probe what exactly? Putin should learn from Napoleon. Emotional outbursts only do not win you any battle.

And who destroyed Napoleon empire?? The United west should learn from hitler...

Russia out of its 33 wars lost 3.. The 3rd one is Polish war..

1 Like

Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
scully95:

And who destroyed Napoleon empire?? The United west should learn from hitler...

Russia out of its 33 wars lost 3.. The 3rd one is Polish war..
Bonaparte is the man. Hitler is an emotional man. 33 wars? You mean they won thirty skirmishes.
Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by scully95: 9:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
Bonaparte is the man. Hitler is an emotional man. 33 wars? You mean they won thirty skirmishes.

Putin is an Emotional War man and South Ossetia is gone.. Crimean peninsular has rejoined Russia.. also gone. DOneskt and Lugansk already a covert buffer zone. Putin is a diplomatic man. he fights war with sense which to me makes super sense. We all know what he's fighting for..A multi-polar world which also makes super sense because absolute power corrupts completely..

Taking South Ossetia and Crimea is answer to NATO dragging closer to its boarder.. Any further dragging means, the country will follow the same fate as Ukraine, and Georgia.. The bear is up

And yes that is a fact out of its 33 wars within the range of 300 years. 3 centuries.... It lost just 3 wars..

America is not up to 300 years and I can count 5 wars U.S lost. Well, that's not the pt.. The pt here is! The Bear is up again. Justice and history will always be on Russia's side.

3 Likes

Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
scully95:

Putin is an Emotional War man and South Ossetia is gone.. Crimean peninsular has rejoined Russia.. also gone. DOneskt and Lugansk already a covert buffer zone. Putin is a diplomatic man. he fights war with sense which to me makes super sense. We all know what he's fighting for..A multi-polar world which also makes super sense because absolute power corrupts completely..

Taking South Ossetia and Crimea is answer to NATO dragging closer to its boarder.. Any further dragging means, the country will follow the same fate as Ukraine, and Georgia.. The bear is up

And yes that is a fact out of its 33 wars within the range of 300 years. 3 centuries.... It lost just 3 wars..

America is not up to 300 years and I can count 5 wars U.S lost. Well, that's not the pt.. The pt here is! The Bear is up again. Justice and history will always be on Russia's side.
Okay. I'm tired of typing tonight.
Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Missy89(f): 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
scully95:

So the last 300 years will be from 1715, Tell me the "Just 3 wars" Russia lost during that time and i will give you at least 5 defeats in the last 100 years. Not that it matters anyway I just think your statement is wrong.
Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Appleyard(m): 4:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
scully95:

So you really have the time to reply terrorists apologist and sympathizers? Well, we shall see in the coming days how things take shape vis the Russian response. Many trollers down here expect the man to throw in the missiles, since they cant comprehend the Russian scale of predictability. We can only hope that at the end, cooler heads prevail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Missy89(f): 5:18am On Nov 26, 2015
Appleyard:
So you really have the time to reply terrorists apologist and sympathizers? Well, we shall see in the coming days how things take shape vis the Russian response. Many trollers down here expect the man to throw in the missiles, since they cant comprehend the Russian scale of predictability. We can only hope that at the end, cooler heads prevail.

I wanted to ask you a question but i didnt have the time to.

If this was the other way around and Russia shot down a plane ( lets say an American jet), and there is no substantial response for 1-3 days, will you think Obama is weak or playing chess and acting wisely? Or will you be here telling us how strong Putin is? Be Honest smiley
Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by M14A1: 6:43am On Nov 26, 2015
Reyginus:
Remember those russian soilders who were always getting lost inside ukraine grin
The russians would fly all the way to ankara and still insist they barely broke airspace or give the turkish govt a flimsy excuse.
Even though the turkish response this time was too irrational, but they have passed their message to russia. putin does not look like someone who is moved by fist shaking and yelling.

1 Like

Re: Russian President Vladmir Putin Speaks On Turkey's Attack by Appleyard(m): 11:29am On Nov 26, 2015
Missy89:

I wanted to ask you a question but i didnt have the time to.

If this was the other way around and Russia shot down a plane ( lets say an American jet), and there is no substantial response for 1-3 days, will you think Obama is weak or playing chess and acting wisely? Or will you be here telling us how strong Putin is? Be Honest smiley

To be honest, No! I am not like one of those dullards down here chanting Obama is weak cause alot of kids with no gloves accross their mendulas expect him to confront Russia militarily, and you asking this question pertaining to the Russian/Turkey bruhaha, is really surprising. Is like expecting America to attack Isreal when it sunk it's ship. Planes downing has been a feature between NATO and the Soviets in the 50s and 60s, and it didnt lead to direct military conflicts, and certainly, this also would not go that way (though Erdogan has set a seriously bad precedent in the modern era). Therefore, Measuring the strenght of Putin vis-a-vis immediate retaliation, especially by direct confrontation with Turkey, is indeed, a departure from sound intelligent resoning and critical analysis. Russia must have comprehended such scenarios before now, and there are retaliatory options on the ground other than a a direct military engagement.
One of such easiest move for Putin is to increase airstrikes against more so-called moderate Syrian rebel groups opposed to Syrian President Assad. The groups with ties to Turkey, especially the Turkmen rebels in northern Syria who claim to have killed one of the Russian pilots in the downed military plane, are most likely to find themselves in Russia's crosshairs, and even as we speak, it is already happening.
Reports on Wednesday stated that Russian jets are pounding the area near the downed jet in northern Syria, bombed a truck convoy of rebels waiting to cross the corridor from the border into Turkey, indicate that Putin has already taken steps to turn up the heat there.

If the Man wants to go wicked further still, the PKK option then may become a bug Erdogn will have to deal with all the days of his life-tenure. There may be others as well, but one thing is certain; Russia wont go to war with Turkey just because of a single plane and one dead soldier, but from now on, the Turkey free forays into the Syrian airspace is over. Any turk plane that will come in range of Russian equipments in Syria will have to kiss the skies goodbye. That is one predictable fact the Russians will surely do, and i believe you know that, Missy.

The only thing that worries me is the unpredictability nature of the Russians.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

National Shutdown in SA Leaves Streets Empty on Monday (PICS) / Republicans Push To Legalize First Cousin's Sex / Confirmed: Sarah Palin Had An Affair With Her Huband's Business Associate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.