Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair (28074 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Ibrahim, Jegede Now PDP Candidate / Forgery: Saraki, Others’ Trial In Order, Court Tells AGF, IGP / Kogi Poll: Wada Heads To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by johnpalmer774(m): 10:01am On Nov 25, 2015
Stoical:
This is my humble reasoning on this issue and please do not attempt to insult me, as I have a right to reason and I ain't quoting you.

The AGF might say what he said because he has to be in the good book of his masters...however, in doing this, he may have misled INEC who is supposed to be independent both in its decision making and actions.
What I see here is that after this unfortunate event, INEC should have made a pronouncement but they remained silence until the AGF spoke. Meaning, they were not sure of what to do, as such need the guidance of AGF and not necessarily their legal team(I might be wrong). As such, they are now seen to be partisan. I felt they should have gone to the court for immediate interpretation cum judicial pronouncement on a matter as this'd which the 2 constitution they are guided with had not envisaged and as such never spoke on.

This case should not be compared with Amaechi's even though it looks so close. The 2 events here are very different. What might make them seem close is the fact that the party is often accepted to be the one that wins and not the individual. But, I'll say that different strokes shouldn't be use for different folks on similar/almost similar scenarios; a case at hand is Gombe election petition tribunal which gave PDP victory to APC on account that PDP primary was not witness by INEC, rather than give PDP a chance to conduct a fresh primary, just as the are giving APC now in Kogi. Smh for Nigeria shaa.
I will want to ask some of us, if they would have voted for APC if Tinubu was its flagbearer (no pun intended). I believe party is a platform, but it is the individual that we all voted for, as such I believe also we will never vote for a party who doesn't present a candidate, even if INEC allows them to stand in for election, reason being that we may not like who they will bring up later...

As for Kogi, with the inconclusive result thus announced, APC/late Audu led and it is understandable when APC insist on substituting its dead candidate. But, would that person be who the Kogians actually would have voted for? A question that begs an answer from Kogians. Well, however it turns out, I feel APC will still win even with a re-run, because the citizens are tired of Wada's method of governance

I just feel that the supreme court may overturn this case or probably uphold it, as they are judges that know better than I do, especially if they are nonpartisan.

Sorry for the long writeup, but I couldn't have summari summarized my point earlier...comprehend and give me your own view...

You have a very Good Point but you need to understand something that we are not the same in our way of thinking , Some voted for Party while some voted for personalty for example during 2015 general Election in my Area after voting for Buahri i voted for all others APC Candidates without even know their Names that means i voted for PARTY not the Candidates , another example When Governor Fayose left PDP to contest as Senatorial candidate under LP he didn't win despite his Popularity but he came back to PDP and win the Governorship Election that means no matter how Popular you may be Party is still play some Major role , Agbaje would have won in Lagos if he came out under APC because Lagosians didn't vote for Ambode instead they voted for APC.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by Alhajipaulo(m): 10:03am On Nov 25, 2015
And none of them know the LAW ;DAnd none of them know the LAW
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by Glare247(m): 10:04am On Nov 25, 2015
macfarland:
INEC should conduct fresh election with a new candidate. Simple
. May I know which part of d constitution or electoral law support ur claim,stop reasoning with emotion,u can liken ds issue to ameachi case den in pdp,d court ruled in favor of ameachi nd d court said d votes were for pdp not d candidate,
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by Ahmeduana(m): 10:06am On Nov 25, 2015
seunmsg:

So, you disagree with the legal opinion of the AGF and the decision of INEC. Now, what should be the ideal decision in this matter? It's not just enough to criticise, offer a solution and back it up with relevant sections of the constitution or the electoral act.
IS ITLEGAL OPINION WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE OR LEGAL PRECEDENCE?
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by Chirokusko: 10:09am On Nov 25, 2015
gare:

If you have a brain and you are not baised, you would understand what Metuh is saying, you can't at this substitute another person half way into the election, either it is done before the election. You can't have two governorship candidates for one elections, are you now saying PDP can change its governorship candidates?

What INEC ought to do is to cancel and call for a fresh elections or give it to pdp, this are the lapses in our constitution we ought to look at, not insulting ourselves every now and then
Let the PDP candidate die and he too can be replaced. And bear itn your mind, law is not common sense.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by ODUBEZE: 10:11am On Nov 25, 2015
BabaO2:
Baba02 is Too dumb,sentimental and rookie for my liking
Fixed! Your problems are too much. I will not even dignify it with an answer!
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by ODUBEZE: 10:16am On Nov 25, 2015
DTaj:

DTaj is as daft as they come! The ballot in any election in Nigeria never reflects the name of a candidate! It reflects the name of the party only! And to even stretch your warped and daft analogy, did you conduct any scientific analysis on all the over 290,000 people who voted Audu that they voted for Audu and not APC? Did your obviously challenged soul also feel that the over 190,000 voters who voted Wada did so because of Wada and not because of PDP?

Come on, get a life and get a brain, dude!

Some of you (PDP failures) are so engrossed with hatred for anything APC that you talk and write from your anus!!!

Confirmed clown! Anofia!
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by ODUBEZE: 10:16am On Nov 25, 2015
DTaj:

DTaj is as daft as they come! The ballot in any election in Nigeria never reflects the name of a candidate! It reflects the name of the party only! And to even stretch your warped and daft analogy, did you conduct any scientific analysis on all the over 290,000 people who voted Audu that they voted for Audu and not APC? Did your obviously challenged soul also feel that the over 190,000 voters who voted Wada did so because of Wada and not because of PDP?

Come on, get a life and get a brain, dude!

Some of you (PDP failures) are so engrossed with hatred for anything APC that you talk and write from your anus!!!

Confirmed clown! Anofia!
Fixed!
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by Martyr601: 10:17am On Nov 25, 2015
I am not a political fan, let not be sentimental in presiding over key issues that will/might have a bizarre effect on our generation just because we need an instant appraisal of political dominion..

my Question is, what stopped the AGF And the INEC to organise a fresh election and allow the APC to feature their new candidate..?

If the APC Believes in their new candidate,propaganda and manifestos, I see no reason taunting a fresh Election to determine the political will an choice of the masses by conducting a fresh election rather than transferring the mandate of the dead to the living in the middle of an election.

Let the political franchise of th masses exercise to choose who they want to govern them an let see if they actually voted the party or the deceased candidate..

Let's not transfer an electoral blunder to our generation because of selfish and egocentric interest. Lets not make a caricature of the constitution of FRN..

A fresh free and fair election is obviously needed in Kogi state to avenge the existence of the rule of law.

deen4real7902:
The Peoples Democratic Party has demanded the resignation of the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, and the Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, over the decision to allow the All Progressives Congress to replace its governorship candidate for Kogi State.

The AGF and INEC had in the afternoon given the APC the go ahead to pick a replacement for the late Abubakar Audu, who died on Sunday – a day after contesting in the governorship election.

INEC had also decided to hold supplementary election in the 91 units where election was cancelled on Saturday on December 5.

However, the PDP condemned and rejected the decision to allow the APC replace its candidate, arguing that the decision was unconstitutional and that INEC was biased.

The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Olisa Metuh, told journalist in Abuja that the party had asked Malami to vacate his office “for harrying and misleading the Independent National Electoral Commission into arriving at an unconstitutional decision to allow the APC to substitute its candidate in the inconclusive Kogi state governorship election.”

Metuh said the party was shocked that INEC could allow itself to succumb to the antics of the APC “by following the unlawful directive of an obviously partisan AGF to substitute a candidate in the middle of the ballot process.”

The PDP described the decision of INEC and the AGF as bizarre, saying, “We are all aware that the two legal documents guiding INEC in the conduct of elections; the Constitution and the Electoral Act, have provisions for electoral exigencies as well as empower the electoral body to fully take responsibility for any of its actions or inaction without undue interference from any quarters whatsoever.

“We are therefore at a loss as to which sections of these two relevant laws, INEC and the AGF relied on in arriving at their bizarre decision to substitute a dead candidate in an ongoing election even after the timelines for such has elapsed under all the rules.”

According to the PDP, the implication of the decision will be that the APC will be fielding two different governorship candidates in the election, meaning that INEC will be transferring votes cast for late Prince Abubakar Audu to another candidate.

This, it said, were “scenarios that have no place in the constitution of the land.”

It added, “Whereas the PDP, in honour of the sanctity of human life and respect for the dead, had since Sunday refrained from making comments on the conduct of the election, we can no longer maintain such in the face of the barefaced attack on our democracy.

“This INEC under the leadership of Prof. Mahmood Yakubu has shown itself as partisan, morally bankrupt and obviously incapable of conducting a credible election within our laws.

“In view of the foregoing therefore, the PDP demands an immediate resignation of the INEC chairman, as the nation’s democracy cannot afford to be left in the hands of an electoral umpire that cannot exert its independence.”

Source: http://punchng.com/kogi-poll-resign-now-pdp-tells-agf-inec-chair/
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by crackhouse(m): 10:18am On Nov 25, 2015
seunmsg:

PDP should go and sit down. They've lost the election already, so, what are they saying? They disagree with the legal opinion of the AGF and the decision of INEC but failed to offer their opinion on what should happened considering the legal quagmire that followed Audu's death.

Anybody or party that is not satisfied with INEC's decision should simply go to court. No need for any long story.
u need a brand new sense.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by ShowYourCertificate: 10:18am On Nov 25, 2015
contigiency:
The AGF stated three vital points which are not just mere opinion but Nigerian constitutional provisions. He said;
1. That neither the constitution nor the electoral acts states that election that is in progress should be cancelled because of a death of a candidate.
True

2. Rather, section 33 of the electoral act gave political party power to substitute a nominated candidate in a case of a death of the nominated candidate or where the candidate voluntarily withdrew from the election. Which means the party can do that if the event ocured either before the election proper or the election is process just as this one. So in this case the APC nominated candidate died and the natural thing to do based on the stated electoral act is for the party to substitute him.
False, especially concerning the bolded. I want both you and the AGF to check section 36(1) of the electoral act. It clearly stated that substitution of a nominated candidate is done BEFORE THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE POLL, not after.

3. That section 221 of Nigerian constitution states that in an election, vote cast by the electorates are in favour of political party and not for the candidate nominated by the party. Just like in the case of Amechi vs INEC/Omehia. And that section has not been amended even as we speak. It goes to say that all the vote casted that day was for APC and because the party is empowered by the above quoted electoral act to make substitution in the case of a death of a nominated candidate, they will simply do that. so its not INEC or the AGF view that is being applied in this case but that of the provided laws. Unless Metu is saying that those quoted sections are not in our constitution and electoral act, or that there are other sections that countered them, then the best he should do is to state whatever section/s that prohibits the action that INEC is about to take to the general public.
False. Section 221 says and I quote: "No association, other than a political party, shall CANVASS FOR VOTES FOR ANY CANDIDATE AT ANY ELECTION...." The watch word is canvass for vote which also could mean campaign for vote. This doesn't mean that votes casted on the day of election is in favour of the party ONLY. The votes casted is in favour of the party and the candidates as well (both governorship candidate and his deputy). Yes, the deputy-governorship candidate is equally entitled to the votes cast just like the governorship candidate and the party as a whole. Even the Supreme Court recognises the relevance of the Deputy-Governorship candidate. That was why it ruled in favour of Boni Haruna (the deputy governor candidate) when Atiku (the governorship candidate) deserted his ticket to become Vice-President.

But in all of this, one question that is very important that we need to answer is; would anyone have sugested for the cancellation of the election if the dead person were any of the candidates that scored insignificant votes since no winner has emerged?
Of course, the insignificant party that lost will seek cancellation in the court if their candidate died while election was ongoing. And no party is insignificant in the eye of the law wink. However, I'm personally against cancellation. Faleke should have been allowed to fill in for Audu. That was why he was made a Deputy, to fill in for the main person if the main person is incapacitated.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by Hakeem3(m): 10:21am On Nov 25, 2015
gare:

If you have a brain and you are not baised, you would understand what Metuh is saying, you can't at this substitute another person half way into the election, either it is done before the election. You can't have two governorship candidates for one elections, are you now saying PDP can change its governorship candidates?

What INEC ought to do is to cancel and call for a fresh elections or give it to pdp, this are the lapses in our constitution we ought to look at, not insulting ourselves every now and then
Where is your own brain bro.!? Did I hear u ya or give it to PDP?? Mehn ... I tink u should always think bfore commenting ...
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by Hakeem3(m): 10:26am On Nov 25, 2015
[quote author=Warlord3000 post=40376359]PLEASE ABEG WHAT DOES PDP REALLY WANTS TO HAPPEN COS AM SURE NO DECISION WILL MAKE THEM HAPPY EVEN IF THE DEPUTY WAS GIVEN THE MANDATE..

SO THEY ONLY WANT WADA GIVEN THE MANDATE DESPITE BEING ON THE LOSING TRAIL ABI

JOKERS[/quote
Don't mind PDP they av been wailing since time immemorial!
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by criminalmindz: 10:40am On Nov 25, 2015
Remii:

he should be reminded of PDP/INEC and Amechi scenario in Rivers State. Supreme court gave votes to the party not candidate.
SHUT UP. DIDNT YOU READ THE PART WHERE THE SAME SUPREME COURT STATED THAT THE AMAECHI SCENARIO SHOULDNT BE USED AS A PRECEDENT IN ANOTHER CASE IN THAT SAME JUGEMENT. APC IS JUST SO LAWLESS. THIS A LAWLESS GOVERNMENT AND VERY SOON IT WILL BE OVERTHROWN BY THE MILITARY
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by WOCKHARDI(m): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2015
seunmsg:

Give what to PDP? Even Metuh won't make such demand.

The constitution and electoral act are both silent in the event of the present situation in Kogi state. So therefore, it is left for INEC as the umpire to take a decision based on the spirit of the law and what they can infer to be the intention of the drafters of the law. If PDP is not satisfied with INEC's decision, they should go to court.
NO. What INEC should do is to go to court and get a legal backing and pronouncements on what to do. The AGF is not a Court and can never tell INEC what to do.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by Martyr601: 10:44am On Nov 25, 2015
I Stand out with you...I term this as having a carnal knowledge on the rule of law..A democratic rape and a political bipolar disorder ...

INEC and the AGF should wake up from the delusions..

quote author=macfarland post=40377986]WAHALA DEY O!
If this rape on democracy going on in Kogi and orchestrated by INEC and the Attorney General of the Federation is allowed to stand, and the citizens accept it, then we have really entered a dark era.
If you don't speak out now, don't complain when it reaches your doorstep.
What section of the Constitution did INEC and the AGF rely on to arrive at the conclusion that APC can present a fresh candidate for the re-run elections and credit that candidate with Audu 's votes?
If una like, make una keep silent. Me I don talk my own. My conscience don free.[/quote]
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by ODUBEZE: 10:48am On Nov 25, 2015
gfullmoon:

It's a wrong premise to assert that everybody voted Audu,which by implication you meant noone voted for party,nor for the Running mate. Please know these-most people vote for their choiced party even when they do not like or know the candidate presented by their party,while some voted for the candidate not party this is where even PDP card carrying member will vote for APC candidate vice versa.So the confusion is how do you sieve those who voted for Audu from those who voted for party ,Running mate,Party Leaders and other motives. Hence,have you seen reason(s) why the party's interest supersedes the candidate's which by implication make the party the owner of all vote cast in elections? That's why when Omehia's of Rivers state Guber election was declared invalid in 2007 and Hon Rotimi Chibuike who never participated in the General Election was awarded ''Omehia's'' vote which by implication was party's vote not his personal vote.
My brother, your assertions are quite right.
However, I will disagree with your view that most people vote for the party and not individual. If that is the case the individual need not do any campaign cos the party would do it for them.
---
Most of these candidates go out there to convince people base on character, achievements and electoral promises!
---
It is when people are convinced that they in turn want to know the party. This explain the moral standard where people frowns at crimes. Especially with candidate with questionable character.
---
You will agree with me that most party would not file in a candidate with questionable character because they would loose except in a case where rigging is assured because of the CANDIDATE commitment s in the party be it financial or otherwise.
---
As for those voting for the party, it's likely to be few individual paid by the party.
---
However I feel that Omehia case is quite different to Audus! we are taking about death!
If the law is interpreted correctly in this matter then there is need for constitution review when the case matter involves death.
---
It is also worthy to note that I am not a member of any political party but have interest in the politics of this country as it affects me and other people at large.
---
In conclusion, having observed the trend for a while, I am not in support of any party dominating but rather in support of opposition because it is healthy for our democracy.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 25, 2015
ODUBEZE:
Truly, it is absurd!
[b]Many voted for the candidate not the party Now that the candidate voted for is gone, a fresh election or the next candidate with the higher score should be ushered in!
AUDU should not be usurped!

Ignorance is not an excuse in law
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 25, 2015
gare:

I support APC but i think they should start elections afresh. INEC should nullify d elections due to circumstances not provided for in the constitution.

Its a wate of money but its d best option. They should update d laws on this issue going forward but the best step dt will limit court cases IS FRESH ELECTIONS.

Its d only option dt shows good faith.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by ibnjarir93(m): 10:52am On Nov 25, 2015
gare:

Brain?
"Cancel election or give it to PDP"?
How can PDP change its governorship candidate when Wada has not withdrawn, isn't dead or permanently incapacitated? If not for the inevitable do you think the question of substitution would have aroused?
Go get your brain first.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by ziccoit: 10:57am On Nov 25, 2015
tuniski:
they are completely different. Amaechi's case was even qualified not to be a reference point by the supreme court. Having said this, the case of Amaechi/umehia was that of a conclusive election where pdp won presenting Umehia as candidate while Amaechi challenged that he won the primaries. It was ruled in his favour. Nothing like the sad event of a candidate dying during election ever happened. The election be cancelled and new one conducted. Why are apc people worried if it was the party that was voted for and not the towering personality of Prince Audu? Only Audu could stand up to Wada not APC!

The Supreme Court saw that Umehia replaced Amaechi two weeks to election and still won. It then decided that Umehia wouldn't have been the one people voted but the PDP. That decision alone brought the case of party but not individual being voted for. Now, since APC in Kogi is not dead or withdraw form the election, by using Amaechi case, the party was voted last Saturday not Audu. That is how the law would see it. The precedence was set by PDP impunity and mago-mago in government.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by ODUBEZE: 10:58am On Nov 25, 2015
agabusta:

Many may actually vote for the candidate as you said, but the law is not sentimental nor is it emotional. It has clearly stated that the party is the owner of the votes. This position of the constitution has been emphasized by the Supreme Court on many cases.

You also fail to realise one point when you said a fresh poll should be conducted.

The point is that INEC under the constitution does not have the right to cancel an election it has already released the result!

It is only an Election Petition Tribunal that can cancel the result of an election that has been released by INEC.

End of story
Noted!
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by tuniski: 11:05am On Nov 25, 2015
ziccoit:

The Supreme Court saw that Umehia replaced Amaechi two weeks to election and still won. It then decided that Umehia wouldn't have been the one people voted but the PDP. That decision alone brought the case of party but not individual being voted for. Now, since APC in Kogi is not dead or withdraw form the election, by using Amaechi case, the party was voted last Saturday not Audu. That is how the law would see it. The precedence was set by PDP impunity and mago-mago in government.
they are never the same in spirit and letter! This is an unprecedented case. The supreme court will give a new position that will be Audu's law.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by ipreach: 11:10am On Nov 25, 2015
Metuh should not worry because tribunal will soon open afterall
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by WOCKHARDI(m): 11:11am On Nov 25, 2015
efilefun:
But when Amaechi who didn't contest was sworn in, it wasn't absurd and those sinking he goat of a party never called for resignation of anybody then... Bunch of jokers
Amaechi did not replace Omeha half way into the election. PDP had already won the election and since Amaechi won the primaries, the law recognised him as the party candidate hence the Supreme Court decision.
The situation here is entirely different, Mr Judge.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by ldpele(m): 11:12am On Nov 25, 2015
ziccoit:
When you dig a hole for your enemy, don't let it deep; you may be the one to fall into it. PDP actions and inactions in 16years of government are really hunting them. The provisions of constitution and electoral laws are not as deadly as Supreme Court pronouncements on Amaechi case in respect of this matter. There is no way this case is argued that is going to benefit PDP. If they manage to wriggle their ways out of constitution and electoral provision, Supreme Court pronouncements in Amaechi case would definitely catch up with them.
the apex court have time without numbers told Nigerians and lawyers that the case of ameachi shouldn't be cited any longer, because it was a real travesty of justice.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by HaneefahRN(f): 11:13am On Nov 25, 2015
PDP definitely has no case here. What's there business if the APC candidate is substituted or the deputy gov candidate upgraded to the gov? The people voted for the party not the candidate, the candidate is dead but the party is still alive. INEC shld conclude the election and declare the winner, cest finite.Although this is an unprecedented case so let's see what actions the Supreme court takes.
But they should stop making noise and go to court if they think they av a case.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by ldpele(m): 11:15am On Nov 25, 2015
I think the AGF actually showed to Nigerians how partisan he is. He could av rested this case once and for all by approaching the Supreme Court for an interpretation on this lacuna rather than give us what he thinks is right.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by adolfs01: 11:17am On Nov 25, 2015
Oga, what's the basis of your argument?
gare:

Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by ldpele(m): 11:19am On Nov 25, 2015
HaneefahRN:
PDP definitely has no case here. What's there business if the APC candidate is substituted or the deputy gov candidate upgraded to the gov? The people voted for the party not the candidate, the candidate is dead but the party is still alive. INEC shld conclude the election and declare the winner, cest finite.Although this is an unprecedented case so let's see what actions the Supreme court takes.
But they should stop making noise and go to court if they think they av a case.
i agree with u partial, I totally disagree with the idea of PDP been mute on issues like this, we are in democracy and one expect the government to adhere strictly to the constitution, not what an AGF feels who have already proven to be partisan.
Re: Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair by arcnomec(m): 11:27am On Nov 25, 2015
Remii:

he should be reminded of PDP/INEC and Amechi scenario in Rivers State. Supreme court gave votes to the party not candidate.

Your assertion just proved that you are not inform about the happenings in Nigeria........Haven't you read or heard that Ameachi's and Omehin's case shouldn't be cited in any electoral matter in court or any where.....So no section of the electoral act backed this conclusion of AGF and INEC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muslim Forum Asks Kukah To Vacate Sokoto, Tender Apology / AK-47 For Herders: Bala Mohammed Says He Was Misunderstood / Wally Adeyemo To Visit Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.