Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics (2176 Views)

Trump’s Inauguration: Fayose Lacks Understanding Of International Politics – APC / The Role Of The Country Of Westetn Nigeria In International Politics-folu atiba / International Politics:there Is A Room For Donald Trump If......said Ben Carson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by seagulsntrawler: 8:48am On Nov 25, 2015
Politicos:

Diplomacy is losing its appeal in recent times. Dreadfully, we have hawkish leaders and bloodthirsty groups across the globe presently. It's gloomy right now.
The art of diplomacy is truly dead because the US govt believes it can always bully others into submission all around the world. The Russians have made complaints about this several times.
The Syrian conflict could have been resolved in. 2012 but the US believed it could remove Assad by force using "moderate" rebels as a tool.

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by seagulsntrawler: 9:13am On Nov 25, 2015
SirJeffry:
As for military strength, US is still greater than Russia as at today but if Russia aligns with US enemies, that I can not tell but the truth is that US is gradually becoming friends with its perceived Arab enemies through some Obama policies.

In my assessment, Putin knows that Turkey is a trap for them. He is too smart to know that if he lights common matches in Turkey let alone bomb, America will hide behind the UN and deal with him.

As at today, Russia can not and I repeat can not successfully ignite a world war and Putin knows that. Forget mouth, gun don't shoot itself, humans do.undecided
If you are conversant with the word MAD(mutual assured destruction) then you'd know that it would be unwise for the US to ignore the threat posed by Russia and China.
You are right that this despicable act by Turkey was meant to provoke Russia into acting irrationally,but not in the right context.
It was meant to distract the Syrian, hezbollah, and Iranian armies from taking complete control of the border area between Turkey and Syria, thereby cutting off key supply routes to ISIS and al nusra front. This will greatly undermine the dream of US-NATO to setup a no fly zone on Syrian territory. Their plan is about to go up in smoke.
Putin will fashion out a response to Turkey and at an appropriate time too, and it is very certain will not act irrationally.

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by Omololu007(m): 9:40am On Nov 25, 2015
bettercreature:
The only choice Russia has it to cut diplomatic ties with turkey as turkey said they have evidence Russian jet violated their air-space beside there will never be a world war 3 because the world leaders are wiser than ever and they sure knows the implication of another war,in case Russia want to launch a world war 3? they are going to end up like NAZIS,they will fight fight fight,kill kill kill and tire on a bad day just like NAZIS which will lead to their destruction,you cant fight the world,you can't fight all the super power at once,you are going to loose at the end
you have said it all bro
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by Bekwarra(m): 12:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
seagulsntrawler:

If you are conversant with the word MAD(mutual assured destruction) then you'd know that it would be unwise for the US to ignore the threat posed by Russia and China.
You are right that this despicable act by Turkey was meant to provoke Russia into acting irrationally,but not in the right context.
It was meant to distract the Syrian, hezbollah, and Iranian armies from taking complete control of the border area between Turkey and Syria, thereby cutting off key supply routes to ISIS and al nusra front. This will greatly undermine the dream of US-NATO to setup a no fly zone on Syrian territory. Their plan is about to go up in smoke.
Putin will fashion out a response to Turkey and at an appropriate time too, and it is very certain will not act irrationally.

What kind of response do you think Russia can fashion out? Sanctions or military offensive?
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by fineguy11(m): 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
TURKEY WLD BE ENGULFED IN A CIVIL WAR SOON!!PUTIN wld ddstroy erdogan's empire from the inside using the PKK/KURDS and when shits starts,even the US AND NATO wont be able to do anything.....erdogan wont last...he has created enimity between two super powers, RUSSIA AND ISREAL...if russia doesnt destroy erdogan's empire,i trust the jews,they good with deposing govt's...
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by fineguy11(m): 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bekwarra:

What kind of response do you think Russia can fashion out? Sanctions or military offensive?
russa can cut gas supplies to turkey this comming winter,but russia too wld be afftected cause they need the income...but one thing is certain,expect more deadly russian airstrikes in the turkmen villiages in syria..if any turkish plane come close to syria's airspace,it wld be fair game for russia...

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by Ikengawo: 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
Absolutely none of you know what youre talking about.
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by Bekwarra(m): 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
fineguy11:
TURKEY WLD BE ENGULFED IN A CIVIL WAR SOON!!PUTIN wld ddstroy erdogan's empire from the inside using the PKK/KURDS and when shits starts,even the US AND NATO wont be able to do anything.....erdogan wont last...he has created enimity between two super powers, RUSSIA AND ISREAL...if russia doesnt destroy erdogan's empire,i trust the jews,they good with deposing govt's...
You are right, it's definitely going to be a proxy war. I sense Russia might want to instigate the PKK (Kurds) against the Turks. The same scenario going on in Ukraine. Once the civil war starts expect the vultures to start feasting on Turkey. And expect an appearance in the movie by the Jews. Remember when they torpedoed the Turkish Flotilla which increased tensions between those countries. Turkey is the face of Jihad in Europe and by messing with the Russians, they are making themselves available for Russia's covert war which can make them exposed to other enemies cos I see even the Cypriots having some ideas in their heads already.
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by Bekwarra(m): 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ikengawo:
The topic says intelligent minds come in here. Come and educate us oga. Everybody's opinion is welcome.
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by fineguy11(m): 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bekwarra:

You are right, it's definitely going to be a proxy war. I sense Russia might want to instigate the PKK (Kurds) against the Turks. The same scenario going on in Ukraine. Once the civil war starts expect the vultures to start feasting on Turkey. And expect an appearance in the movie by the Jews. Remember when they torpedoed the Turkish Flotilla which increased tensions between those countries. Turkey is the face of Jihad in Europe and by messing with the Russians, they are making themselves available for Russia's covert war which can make them exposed to other enemies cos I see even the Cypriots having some ideas in their heads already.
u'av said it all..apt analysis..
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by Arogunmasa(m): 6:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
fistonati:
You're right just dt Putin is a strategist and he knows dt by hitting d NATO allies America will rethink and soft pedal. UK, France and Iran will be d beneficiary D's time cus France will sell planes, UK will handle ships and Iran will smile by selling chemical and atomic weapons.
what happens to Nato alliance in the Baltic region? I think it will not be comforting sign seeing Nato back down in case there is a showdown. It will affect its relationship in that region, abi wetin dem align with NATO for if not for this kind of scenario.
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by Arogunmasa(m): 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
chiddye:
I don't think NATO would want to mess with Russia, Russia supplies over 60 percent of the gas used in Europe both parties would find away around this issue.

there as always been a cold war between Russia and the west we can't deny that fact an all out war for now is not possible......but I strongly feel this proxy war the united states and Russia is fighting in the middle east would strongly backfire on them, they both claim to share a common enemy ISIL once ISIL is handicapped in the middle east they would turn up the gear against themselves. there are so many interest groups, multinationals playing behind the scene not to get the middle east settled due to oil over there

this war in the middle east aside ISIL is simply about oil, who controls the oil, have you wondered whom ISIL has been selling the oil they extract in Syria and Iraq? many questions and the role of the Saudi Arabia and Iran

Russia could try economic blockade, sixty per cent of Turkey's gas comes from Russia, I don't knw bout the rest of Urope though.
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by westreign(m): 6:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
Turkey went too far and anybody thinking America's intervention will salvage the situation better think again. The proxy war show what both countries are capable of doing. If America were ready they would have showed their stuff during the Ukraine war but Russia prove to the world what it can do then, terror must end no matter it's sponsors.
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by chiddye(m): 6:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
Arogunmasa:

Russia could try economic blockade, sixty per cent of Turkey's gas comes from Russia, I don't knw bout the rest of Urope though.

it might sound stupid if Russia blocks a revenue of $25billion, Russia's economy is dwindling, from my perspective I don't think Russia's economy can actually sustain this war at home.....am pretty sure they work a way around this dispute. the fight would be in the desert and plains of Syria and Iraq,

nonetheless turkey is no saint they have been bombing Kurdish opposition forces that are backed by the united States, the mysterious hand of turkeys president erdogen can't be removed from this hydra headed conflict, he has been fueling the flames on both sides
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by tpiadotcom: 6:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ikengawo:

give your opinion.
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by neocortex: 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ghandi12:
This is an important discuss I would have loved to be actively involved but for other important things.

While we can analyze the preponderance of the backers of this hostility I am more worried about how this will affect Nigeria.

Russia, China, North-Korea, Iran and other aligns have put nobody in doubt they are not America fans - these nations have been envisaging possible big friction with the west for about a decade now. In my opinion they would not be more surprised than the west if a war eventually breaks out.

I also agree NATO will be fronting for the western powers again. While the US is unarguably ready to enforce their dominance on the globe anytime I still see them applying caution when it comes to direct face-off with Russia. In addition, the western Europe have not really been excited by wars post Gulf war. They are also, currently, facing internal immigration crisis that is not abating soon.

American ships have sailed close to the China new Island, China has sailed closed to a disputed island with Japan, Russia has more than once crossed into other sovereignties and many more showboating.

I see this war in Black or White (no grey zone) - If it happened there will not be a celebrating victor ; as the damages will be too much to savor any victory.

Russia reaction to Turkey's salvo will make the picture become clearer in the coming days...

Your analysis would be apt if wars are all about egos.

I'm sure Putin is wise enough not to engage in any direct
confrontation because china as we know it will simply abstain from
such and will wait for the two sides to be tired and worn out before entering as a
a strong "saviour" force.

China will be the beneficiary of any major war between Russia and the west.

Also, Turkey can make Syria another hell-hole afghanistan for the Russians
because they control the flow of Jihadis into Syria, if they decide to fully
open their borders, Putin will be enmeshed in a very long war.
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by sherrylo: 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
Turkey knew @ once that they have beaten more than they can chew that's why they immediately called for meeting with NATO. Putin is too wise to go for an all out war.

NATO itself would not want a war with Russia only its America that is pumping its muscles and wishing Europe will fight their war for them.
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by ELff: 9:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
The war has started already!

what we have just witnessed is the first open confrontation.... If we can recall, before this debacle, there had been accusations and counter accusations championed by the US about Russia violating the territorial integrity of Turkey, bombing of civilian locations/targets and outright support for violation of human rights by their support of the Assad government.

We had also seen vagrant show of force in the south China Sea.

The way I see it, Turkey is well aware of the implication of their actions and have most probably put in place measures to counter any backlash. They wouldn't have carried out that act without the support and go by their backbone the US, knowing full well that Russia can just turn off the valve that sends gas to Turkey or release missile targeting Turkish towns on the border with Syria - but like I said earlier, they must have made preparations and most probably gotten commitments in the event of a reprisal act.

As to if Russia can retaliate, I would say a capital yes to that, Russia can retaliate economically and outright physical. Russia is very strong and under putin, they are stronger. The amount of technology available and sheer will power of the Russian people is a very strong force. If we match these with the radical nature of an Iran that is being courted(though not bought yet) with the rascality of North Korea and the charismatic China swimming in new money with a knack for having copied almost every technology existing in the West, then you will understand why an emergency meeting of Nato was summoned.

I fear, I seriously do.... An outright confrontation will be deadly, there will be no victors.

P.s Those who think that an outright escalation of conflict is not possible should know that it was the killing of an heir to a throne in faraway Sarajevo that brought upon the world the great War and man's thinking has not really changed much since that time. All I would employ you then is pray!
Re: Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics by seagulsntrawler: 6:37am On Nov 26, 2015
Bekwarra:

Russia has already asked her citizens(mostly tourists) to stay away from Turkey and may include other economic related sanctions. A Military response may not be considered for now because it would distract Russia and its allies from completely securing the syria-turkey border.
Please read this article:www.informationclearinghouse.info/article43529.htm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between Buhari And Jonathan Regime At A Glance / Photos : Atiku Pays Condolence Visit To Family Of Late Commissioner, Waziri Imam / Buhari Appearing Only In Mosques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.