Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,706 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin (16419 Views)

TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor / TSTV To Launch October With Over 11 Sports Channels / BBC Staff Caught Watching A Sex Scene During Live News Broadcast - See Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
dubemivan:

Yes my Broda... the reason is because prior to colonial era it was so CHEAP for them to win over Yoruba people who were actually sold out by their so called OBA in particular the OBA of then Lagos!
The same goes with the Hausa who unlike the YORUbA's were able to negotiate with the White Men not to tamper with their religion!
But it was HELL on earth for those BRITAIN people to whitewash OUR IGBO people as the rallied with all their force and power before they manage to prevail!
Otherwise why do you think the BRITISH handed over POWER to the hausa and allowed them to dominate the HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY? Because they know you YORUBAS and HAUSAS are big mugus they can still control even outside COLONIZATION!
Little wonder our Country have not thrived under Yoruba/Hausa Government because you guys are dullard and are easily manipulated...Mtcheeeeeew!
Whether BBC or GCE Ndi Igbo will continue to grow and march forward with or without external influence... we have shown over the years what we are capable of doing!
Ndi Igbo kweenu!
Obu Nwanne unu na ekele unu na asi Ndeewo nu!

Epic Reply...Nothing But the TRUTH

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Guyman02: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:
Good one. Yorubas are highly respected

When will the world take Igbos seriously?

BBC uses their media to brainwash people in communities they want to dominate. Thats why BBC was used to start the pogrom of 1966 from Kaduna when they reported that Northerners were being slaughtered in Enugu which turned out to be a big lie.
Buhari and Northern populations do their campaigns on BBC Hausa service and use the medium to sow hatred in their minds against southerners.
Nothing to celebrate about a foreign country having Yoruba service when the same BBC have closed down many other language channels due to declining listenership.
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nicepoker(m): 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:

u see how hatred will never allow u concentrate on the right path of life?
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by SAMBARRY: 1:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
Speechless3:
That girl SAMBARRY will like this one undecided

Anyway biafrans are working and watching.
gbenu e soun smiley

You don't call a woman old enough to be your aunty "that girl".o baje gan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by chinae(m): 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:

FYI
The mission was to close educational gap among tribes; this was why dey started with hausa that have a very high gap for information and sundry.
The next from statistics are yorubas'
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Bigprozzie: 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
tplacid:

Can you just stop this please.

Am I Yoruba boy and our culture teaches us to respect others so please uphold that value of respect in our culture.

BBC intent doesn't make us better than the Igbos.

We all equal.

GAD- Oshimole

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tripleclick:
[b][/b] WE ARE NOT ILLITERATES THAT NEEDS TRANSLATION TO UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.. BBC HAUSA HAS BEEN IN D NORTH CUS OF ILLITERACY.. D ILLITERACY IS FAST GROWING IN South West.. SO UNA NEED INTERPRETATION

"WE ARE NOT ILLITERATES THAT NEEDS TRANSLATION"
That's why your English is bad - Literacy indeed!

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
sasquareT:

Seriously! Nawa oo haba...my brother grown-up and stop all this hatred comment, I be yoruba but this is uncalled-for. Little wonder the Igbo said we Yoruba are Igbophobia

Igbos started d abuse. Theyve bn doing it for years. Just check nairaland articles and all their biafra sites as proof. Yorubas only started dissing them bk during these elections. And yet u will NEVER see an odua website or facebook page dissing igbos.

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
dubemivan:

Yes my Broda... the reason is because prior to colonial era it was so CHEAP for them to win over Yoruba people who were actually sold out by their so called OBA in particular the OBA of then Lagos!
The same goes with the Hausa who unlike the YORUbA's were able to negotiate with the White Men not to tamper with their religion!
But it was HELL on earth for those BRITAIN people to whitewash OUR IGBO people as the rallied with all their force and power before they manage to prevail!
Otherwise why do you think the BRITISH handed over POWER to the hausa and allowed them to dominate the HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY? Because they know you YORUBAS and HAUSAS are big mugus they can still control even outside COLONIZATION!i
Little wonder our Country have not thrived under Yoruba/Hausa Government because you guys are dullard and are easily manipulated...Mtcheeeeeew!
Whether BBC or GCE Ndi Igbo will continue to grow and march forward with or without external influence... we have shown over the years what we are capable of doing!
Ndi Igbo kweenu!
Obu Nwanne unu na ekele unu na asi Ndeewo nu!

So during d slave trade d arochuckwu dt sold his pple as slaves were yoruba abi. Hope u know igbos were known as forest pple. The more established calabar kingdom sold many igbos as slaves as well.

3 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
gbenu e soun smiley

lmao!!!!

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard for relating Swaziland to Swahili!
Swahili is an East African language/lingua franca.

I pass you, no be by fight.
ibos CAN NEVER measure up to Yorubas.

Can u imagine? Im sure he doesnt even know where swaziland is on a map of africa? Oshi.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard for relating Swaziland to Swahili!
Swahili is an East African language/lingua franca.

I pass you, no be by fight.
ibos CAN NEVER measure up to Yorubas.

Shattap, i wanted to refer to Massai ppl of kenya and tanzania tongue tongue
You never still find virgin, Mr virginia

Meanwhile have you receive you ppl deported from Uk,... now I know why they want to establish BBC yoruba, for those primitive things who ran to Uk to spoil Nigeria name
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by blackmaine: 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
BRITIAN LEAVE NIGERIA ALONE, U ARE THE CAUSE OF ITS PROBLEM, ACT OF CONSPIRACY
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Tripleclick(m): 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
walexy30:

"WE ARE NOT ILLITERATES THAT NEEDS TRANSLATION" That's why your English is bad - Literacy indeed!
. Dd u miss road? dnt knock on my quote again. now get out!
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Tripleclick(m): 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
ochris03:

Nwanna ahna eji igbo agwa oyi osha. Please if u can use yoruba to tell him maybe he will understand better.lol
Lol.. i hail u
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by PrinceNwokeji: 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2015
End time broadcast
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by difego: 6:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by rhames(m): 6:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
scholes0:

The UK Government is about to inject £85m a year in enhancing and expanding BBC services around the world including in Russia, North Korea, the Middle East and Africa (Yoruba, Somali) as part of its expansion programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34902244

Pls Front page, let us inform fellow Nigerians about this. Thanks.

Nothing novel about it only that they either want to use that medium as always to cause conflagaration amongst people of this country or continue their psychologic and economic slavery of Africans started by Henry VIII in the 1400s. The same BBC Hausa Radio service was used to cause a lot of conflict in Northern Nigeria for the greater part of the eighties and used a political weapon of choice by its reporters for the purpose of keeping the other part of the country in check. It took BBC 50 years to start another language service for Nigeria in Yoruba and it may take it another 50 years to broadcast in Igbo.
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by BraniacX(m): 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:
Behave yourself!! undecided You just triggered every idi0t alert on nairaland angry
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Bigprozzie: 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
BraniacX:

Behave yourself!! undecided You just triggered every idi0t alert on nairaland angry

Please do me a favor sir

Go and Die

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by BraniacX(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:

Please do me a favor sir

Go and Die

I will.

After you go to lagos-ibadan expressway and lovingly embrace the first speeding dangote truck coming from the opposite direction angry

Idi0t!
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Bigprozzie: 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
BraniacX:

I will.

After you go to lagos-ibadan expressway and lovingly embrace the first speeding dangote truck coming from the opposite direction angry

Idi0t!

Another Biafran Ipod youth

grin grin grin

They are always angry

4 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by scholes0(m): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2015
janellemonae:

So during d slave trade d arochuckwu dt sold his pple as slaves were yoruba abi. Hope u know igbos were known as forest pple. The more established calabar kingdom sold many igbos as slaves as well.

lol, the Aro Igbos sold other Igbo people into slavery than any other group in Africa except Angolans.
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by BraniacX(m): 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:

Another Biafran Ipod youth

grin grin grin

They are always angry

I won't be as daft and moronic as you in this case, mor0ns like you need to create stereotypes in order to be able to arrange the world into their level of understanding so rather than ascribing your stupidity to your assumed region I will place it squarely where it rightly belongs - - - with you! And just so you know, you still failed woefully in your stereotyping attempt cretin cool I will never fit into any stereotype that your jellyfish brain creates........oops! shocked jellyfishes have no brains now do they? grin
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Bigprozzie: 8:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
BraniacX:

[s]I won't be as daft and moronic as you in this case, mor0ns like you need to create stereotypes in order to be able to arrange the world into their level of understanding so rather than ascribing your stupidity to your assumed region I will place it squarely where it rightly belongs - - - with you! And just so you know, you still failed woefully in your stereotyping attempt cretin cool I will never fit into any stereotype that your jellyfish brain creates........oops! shocked jellyfishes have no brains now do they? grin[/s]

La

3 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
gbenu e soun smiley

Ooops pele ma. Didn't know smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by BraniacX(m): 8:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:

La

Bwahahahahahahaha grin

Are you going to give up so easily?

Already using pictures(sign language) to communicate this early? Are you stylishly begging me to go easy on you jellyfish? cheesy
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by ZiggyMr(m): 10:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
obinnashady:
They know ibos don't need those things cos they understand English better than the Hausas and yorubas
obinna or ebinna u know next to nothing
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by obinnashady(m): 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
ZiggyMr:
obinna or ebinna u know next to nothing
sorry o Albert Einstein....intellectual jagaban
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by iameugene(m): 11:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
sasquareT:

Seriously! Nawa oo haba...my brother grown-up and stop all this hatred comment, I be yoruba but this is uncalled-for. Little wonder the Igbo said we Yoruba are Igbophobia
sharapp a yoruba can never talk like dis.. We dont even say "my brother" undecided
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by iameugene(m): 11:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
ochris03:

Lol guy pls grow up for once, Nollywood is enough for igbos bcus almost all the Nigeria films we watch is in igbo background, attires, village scenes, sound tracks, settings and screenplay so please dont say we need africa magic igbo. We dont worship pple like yorubas bcus if linda ikeji Psquare Don jazzy be yoruba una go d brag but we igbos no send dem oo wat eva u are is in ur pocket. If a rich man cooks of a village, there will eat and finish the food but if the whole village cooks for him to eat lol wat do you think will happen to him? Guy love igbo cus i love yoruba as u guys are d best in ITC in nigeria. One love guys
all the aforementioned joined together no get money reach Adenuga.. Who r dey??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Comedy Skit - "I Want To Bury Corruption" / 9 Movies Car And Speed Lovers Should Watch / "Alero's Diary" Nollywood Movie Gets Positive Reviews Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.