Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:59 AM

Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? (25707 Views)

Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed / 1st Night Of Compensation. / Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
Don't spend the money it's sinful, send it to me for cleansing and purification before use to avoid condemnation.

In this harsh economic situation, you have a boss that's kind hearted enough to appreciate your hard work with monetary reward and you are still asking questions.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
sweatlana:
Where u work na there u go chop
Oyibo con join am to be WORKSHOP!
you have sense o jare grin
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by baby4u2(f): 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
Why couldn't he just give you a bonus? The extent people go really. All in all its a lie, don't be earthly wise and heavenly foolish. It may even be a test.

1 Like

Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tell ur boss. That u dnt want d money.cis its nt religiously allowed.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by obailala(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
Saintbonnie:
I don't know what you meant by religiously allowed o. After all its not fraud. It's given legitimately by your boss, so take am
It's fraud because the money the boss intends to give to him for his hard work was obtained through a fraudulent/insincere channel.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
makzeze:
my boss approved a memo for me to travel for an assignment in order to compensate me for my hard and extra work. but the memo is approved as a backup to enable me claim the money but not to travel out.

is this religiously allowed?

foolish people still in existence undecided
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Dezzx(m): 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
sweatlana:
Where u work na there u go chop
Oyibo con join am to be WORKSHOP!
shocked ole! grin
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by lonelydora: 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
Your Oga is buttering your bread.

Meanwhile, it's either you accept it now or be on your Oga's black book 4eva.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by j4sure(m): 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
ok

Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by obstead200(m): 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
michymeg:
Don't spend the money it's sinful, send it to me.

In this harsh economic situation, you have a boss that's kind hearted enough to appreciate your hard work with monetary reward and you are still asking questions.

u guys don't understand the OP.
His boss does not control the company's finances; and therefore cannot give him money straight up without answering for it. So the boss arranged a lie (pretext of travelling) to milk money from the company and give to him.

@ OP, this is wrong. but if u wanna make it right, just tell ur boss that u will travel and try to save some money while doing that. That way, no one will be lying and u will still get some money.

If u take the money, ur boss will assume u have capacity to steal and he will watch u closely.

But personally I dont give a damn. I will take the money sharp sharp. Naija is too hard for such morality to thrive in.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Intendy: 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
if you've read and seen it the Bible/ Quran then its allowed,if not then its not allowed.
The decision making is now yours
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
makzeze:
my boss approved a memo for me to travel for an assignment in order to compensate me for my hard and extra work. but the memo is approved as a backup to enable me claim the money but not to travel out.

religion is killing us...for ur mind now, u no wan sin..wen for real, u dey sin...

to d topic, it is religiously unacceptable cos it is synonymous to lying.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by oliver003: 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
If it is approved as compensation for your hard work, claim it but if it is for travel and claimed it, then your most travel.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Ahmed3rdjuly: 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
Your housing allowance is =N=300,000.00 and your house rent is =N=200,000.00,
Abi your transport allowance is =N=25,000 monthly and you enter BRT for =N=6,000.00 per month
Abi you lunch Allowance is =N=3,500 and you spend =N=10,000.00
If all these are spiritually wrong then i doubt if Heaven would have more than 144,000 people in it.

1 Like

Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by agabusta: 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
makzeze:

Be careful oh. It can still be used against you later. Anything that makes you collect that money, ensure you travel pls.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by decountof(m): 12:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
i am the only one who does not understand what the OP is saying.......i dont understand ooo
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Consultville(m): 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
Is he the CEO

Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
makzeze:

Bro, religion has finished u. The question u should be asking is if it is legal or illegal and from wat i see, it is perfectly legal.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Richy4(m): 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
OK LET ME HELP since your question was funny, I got to give you a funny answer.

If you want to justify the travel, oya take a trip to your Village on a weekend and come back to work Monday morning.

When you get there do some work for your mother, father, uncle Aunt etc. Work na work, Travel na travel. Are you ok now.

I don't really understand you OP.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by obinnashady(m): 12:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
No don't take it,when ur son grows u tell him why he grew up poor.over righteous brethren
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Saintbonnie(m): 12:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
Prove it.

Do you return change to your employer if you get 300k for housingallowance and you spend 250k as house rent?
obailala:
It's fraud because the money the boss intends to give to him for his hard work was obtained through a fraudulent/insincere channel.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by jomoh: 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
makzeze:

Does he own the company? If he owns it, then it is allowed cos he owns his money. Just that he might be trying to make it look acceptable to tax to reduce tax.

If he does not own the company, then he is trying to hoodwink the organisation to settle you. It is religiously not good.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Willas04: 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
This is ethically wrong. This is because by collecting the money and not traveling, you have lied. You and your boss have also deceived somebody somewhere or your larger organization. That travel, I must suppose, is meant to serve the interest of your organization. The money you are claiming is meant for a staff who undertakes the journey.

Again, if the travel is not meant for you, or you are not qualified for it, then your boss should not use it to compensate you. He should look for something else for your compensation. I am afraid he is robbing a certain Paul in that office to pay you the Peter.

So both ways it becomes religiously wrong. I do not know of any religion that permits lies. Nor does any religion permit unfairness which is shown in robbing Paul to pay Peter.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Bluffly: 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
makzeze:

Compensating you for your hard work isn't bad but doing it the wrong way will simply rename it to fraud. It is religiously and Business wise wrong. Religiously wrong because the act is a deceit to the management, business wise it is wrong because that is misappropriation, and more so be careful of your boos, because that strategy could meant to cow you in the future in case you want to speak against him.

My penny

1 Like

Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by homirefacuny(m): 12:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
Boy101:
Standard practice
Or private practice.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by obailala(m): 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
Saintbonnie:
Prove it.

Do you return change to your employer if you get 300k for housingallowance and you spend 250k as house rent?
That's not a good explanation. The real explanation is getting 300k for your transport and accommodation bills when you didnt even travel at all.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by baerz(m): 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
it's not allowed. as a Christian, u don't fraud your coy
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Divinehenrich(m): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
Plz collect the cash, instead of travelling aboard, you can decide to visit obodo cattle reach in cross river where you will spend the holiday and you will have somebalance left. All na travel
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 25, 2015
baerz:
it's not allowed. as a Christian, u don't fraud your coy
It is just a special Christmas bonus Baerz...

You can ask your pastor, since you carry church matter for head.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
makzeze:

You have no reward here at all. The travel that he is "paying" you for is for an assignment so how is that compensation for hard work when you are just traveling to get to more work?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Prosperity Doctrine Is Fraudulent & Satanic From The Pits Of Hell / What Is Life? / 30 Prayer Points For Help From Above.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.