Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:43 AM

Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? (25711 Views)

Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed / 1st Night Of Compensation. / Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
makzeze:
my boss approved a memo for me to travel for an assignment in order to compensate me for my hard and extra work. but the memo is approved as a backup to enable me claim the money but not to travel out.

is this religiously allowed?

You have no reward here at all. The travel that he is "paying" you for is for an assignment so how is that compensation for hard work when you are just traveling to get to more work? Also if he is having you fill a travel voucher with no travel, don't do it. Why can't he just add a bonus to your pay? It is way to easy for him to lie on you, say you deceived him about travel , and you file a false travel claim. Don't do it. Set up all the way
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Meritocracy: 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
Your boss has power to sack and promote. You should be happy he recognized your hard work, please take the money because if its other way round you have no option than to take it.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by RVBC: 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
Sijo01:
Pass me the money if you're too religious to claim it.
I tire I see no reason to think twice! I believe say hungry never catch you well well that's why you're seeking opinion.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by teemy(m): 2:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
makzeze:
my boss approved a memo for me to travel for an assignment in order to compensate me for my hard and extra work. but the memo is approved as a backup to enable me claim the money but not to travel out.

No religion would agree to false testimony. Your boss in trying to make you feel good is involving you in a bad practice that has been going on overtime. Do no enlist yourself in that group. You get there and stay there till discovered. Say your thanks but reject the offer based on your beliefs and value system.

Wishing you he best - Teemy
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by monex(m): 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
it is morally wrong (in the context of many popular religions) and it is also ethically wrong (in context of business and work ethics- it is misappropriation) . finally as some have said, this screams setup. your boss rewards you but culpability of the fraud (that's what it is) is on you as you will fill a travel voucher for a non existent travel assignment.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by guyXander(m): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
makzeze:

The reward for hardwork is more hardwork.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by k4kenny(f): 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
I don't get it. Even if your boss drew up the memo for you to travel, shouldn't you still include the flight tickets and other receipts before such payments can be made? At least that's how it works in my company so as to avoid the type of fraud this OP's boss is trying to perpetuate.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by kunlegboye(m): 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2015
that is corruption brother if you are a genuine child of God dont take it...it's just lie in disguise ...remember that real children of God are very few in this world,that is why many will tell you take it.so dont be surprised
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Jalinco: 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
I don't know whether religion allow it or not but I know Buhari will not like it and you could go minimum of 7 years If you have a good lawyer.
I hope you have stopped criticising Deziani sha

Welcome to the group of fraudulent people.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by baerz(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
Pyrrho:
It is just a special Christmas bonus Baerz...

You can ask your pastor, since you carry church matter for head.
. actually bro it's a matter we discussed few weeks back during bible study and Sunday school. my pastor don't mislead his congregation sir.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Objectives: 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
The fact that you asked means you consider it an offense against your conscience. So why not go with your conscience.

PS: even if you end up doing the opposite (taking d cash), its going to be a decision to savor the moment after which your conscience gives way for guilt to creep in.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by dopeC: 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
anonimi:
Look at the FUNCTION not the form!
One should not be so heavenly focused as to be earthly useless, said a fellow congregant years ago.

And one shouldn't be earthly focused to be heavenly useless also.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by JesusDWay(m): 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
makzeze:

I had a similar experience when i was doing my IT. My boss was surprised i could effectively stand in for our Secretary who went on leave then cuz he initially didn't seem to think i was capable so he decided to reward me by asking me to write that i went to different places and then claim the transport expenses. I was sort of taken off balance as i didn't want to do anything wrong and at the same time, how do i face up with a whole head of department in which i was just an IT boy(its one of the biggest known multinational oil company) and tell him i can't write such so, i went to seek counsel(if i remember well cuz its been very long) from some people and they told me oga just wants to reward me and as it is, there must be an official means of getting the money out which is why he would ask me to write such. It appears some of these top officials have the power to reward hard work but there must be record or documentation for the money to come out. Apparently, its not fraud, you guys are not colluding to defraud the company, if its fraud he will definitely want his own share, he's approving it to make the company reward your hard work cuz the company is the beneficiary of the greater impact of your duty. If you are not familiar with stuffs like these in companies you will think its fraud

1 Like

Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by anonimi: 4:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
dopeC:
And one shouldn't be earthly focused to be heavenly useless also.

In short life and all it entails is about striking a personally comfortable BALANCE between seemingly irreconcilable extremes, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2851374_img20150912232706_png2cc47861652284c85cf1f3e03aee197a

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by otiigba1(m): 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
Sanctimonious are what? Guy am sure your pastor will not reject the money when you use it for tithe,donations and seed sowing in his church. Because unlike yours his brain is working fine. What about that lie you told last month? YOu think that's religiously okay?

REligion dumbing people down since it was introduced to Africans by the white man.

How did africans/nigerians survive before religion ehn?
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by difego: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by tpiadotcom: 6:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
refuse if it's against your conscience.

otherwise, go if it's safe to do so.

I don't see a need for soul searching, you are the one who is a Christian ( I assume), your boss is not.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by FabioPeter: 6:18pm On Nov 25, 2015
It is widely practiced but should be discouraged. I advise you to take it anyway, you got an approval that's what matters.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by FabioPeter: 6:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
k4kenny:
I don't get it. Even if your boss drew up the memo for you to travel, shouldn't you still include the flight tickets and other receipts before such payments can be made? At least that's how it works in my company so as to avoid the type of fraud this OP's boss is trying to perpetuate.
No you don't have to include receipt, some companies have standard rates all you need do is attach the memo.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
Kx:
If this is not fraud, what then is fraud please?

Apart from this guy, please ignore all the other criminals on this thread.

It is stealing, plain and simple. It is not his money to reward you for whatever you did. If you collect, you are just as guilty as he is. I actually can't believe you're asking if it's legal.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by omojeesu(m): 8:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
makzeze:

It's fraud! Let him compensate you in a proper moral way!!
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by mignone(f): 8:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by k4kenny(f): 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
FabioPeter:

No you don't have to include receipt, some companies have standard rates all you need do is attach the memo.

Hmmm. Not my company o. You have to attach d receipts, flight tickets and a claims form to the memo. Then you wait for ages while audit dept ascertain if your ticket is real or fake before you can smell any money o.
Re: Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? by FabioPeter: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
k4kenny:

Hmmm. Not my company o. You have to attach d receipts, flight tickets and a claims form to the memo. Then you wait for ages while audit dept ascertain if your ticket is real or fake before you can smell any money o.
Lol...due process, I guess to discourage employees who might abuse it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rev Fr Chiedozie Modestus Chilaka / Daddy Freeze: Prosperity Doctrine Is Fraudulent & Satanic From The Pits Of Hell / Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.