Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Phpbb - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Phpbb (1796 Views)

Help. How Do I Add My Site's Banner To My Phpbb Forum Page? / Smf Vs Vbulletin Vs Phpbb / Where To Get PhpBB Forum Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phpbb by RuuDie(m): 1:03pm On May 25, 2009
Whats it all about
Re: Phpbb by DualCore1: 9:04pm On May 25, 2009
Ruudie, woulda loved to tell u but i still remember how u stole Mukina away from me, months back angry tongue

PHPBB is a forum web application like SMF (the one powering nairaland).
http://www.phpbb.com/ is its official website and contains all the information you might need.
Re: Phpbb by segsalerty(m): 9:06pm On May 25, 2009
na one of these Content Manaagement System softwares, ok ? we have different of them that are open source , including Joomla and so on
Re: Phpbb by DualCore1: 9:11pm On May 25, 2009
PHPBB a CMS?
d'uh!
Re: Phpbb by segsalerty(m): 9:13pm On May 25, 2009
i see say you just dey chase my post all about !
welcome here again my[b] puppy[/b] tongue grin
i've got you another bone elsewhere ! cheesy
Re: Phpbb by DualCore1: 9:20pm On May 25, 2009
lol, watever.
if i wz ur puppy, woulda done away with ur legs by now.
Re: Phpbb by segsalerty(m): 9:24pm On May 25, 2009
puppy no fit blind chop him master's leg! abi you dey lick am ?
i guess you are tripping tongue
better stop using those lazy things ! wink
Re: Phpbb by DualCore1: 9:36pm On May 25, 2009
Dont get it twisted. PHPBB is not a CMS.

segsalerty:

better stop using those lazy things ! wink
You don't know what I do and how I do what I do.
You really shouldn't be bothered about that.
Re: Phpbb by segsalerty(m): 9:38pm On May 25, 2009
so , what is it ? is it not among thee fantastico in some hosting cpanel ? whats it threre for? tell me if its not among those lazy things?
Re: Phpbb by segsalerty(m): 9:42pm On May 25, 2009
read $this=>
Welcome to phpBB, Creating Communities WorldwideWhat is phpBB?
Since its creation in 2000, phpBB™ has become the most widely used Open Source forum solution. Like its predecessors, phpBB™ 3.0 “Olympus” has an easy to use administration panel and a user friendly installation process, which allows you to have a forum set up in minutes.

With a large and highly customisable set of key features coupled with a standards compliant interface, phpBB™ will grow with, and complement your website. With millions of installations worldwide, it is no wonder phpBB™ is one of the most popular ways to create and support a community.

grin
Re: Phpbb by DualCore1: 9:46pm On May 25, 2009
And that has made it a CMS? Let me get u right, everything on Fantistico is a CMS?
At this point i'll have to put u on mental ignore.
Re: Phpbb by segsalerty(m): 9:47pm On May 25, 2009
segsalerty_fetch_array_of_defination_from_google(){
A content management system (CMS) such as a document management system (DMS) is a computer application used to manage work flow needed to collaboratively create, edit, review, index, search, publish and archive various kinds of digital media and electronic text.[1]

CMSs are frequently used for storing, controlling, versioning, and publishing industry-specific documentation such as news articles, operators' manuals, technical manuals, sales guides, and marketing brochures. The content managed may include computer files, image media, audio files, video files, electronic documents, and Web content shocked. These concepts represent integrated and interdependent layers. There are various nomenclatures known in this area: Web Content Management, Digital Asset Management, Digital Records Management, Electronic Content Management and so on. The bottom line for these systems is managing content and publishing, with a workflow if required
}
Re: Phpbb by segsalerty(m): 9:50pm On May 25, 2009
uhmm,
pls
strip_what_i_didnt_say(); smiley
Re: Phpbb by segsalerty(m): 9:55pm On May 25, 2009
<?php

function wikipidiaSearch( $dual_core ){
[b]A web content management system (WCMS or Web CMS) is content management system (CMS) software, usually implemented as a Web application, for creating and managing HTML content. It is used to manage and control a large, dynamic collection of Web material (HTML documents and their associated images). A WCMS facilitates content creation, content control, editing, and many essential Web maintenance functions.

Usually the software provides authoring (and other) tools designed to allow users with little or no knowledge of programming languages or markup languages to create and manage content with relative ease of use.

Most systems use a database to store content, metadata, and/or artifacts that might be needed by the system. Content is frequently, but not universally, stored as XML, to facilitate reuse and enable flexible presentation options.[1][2]

A presentation layer displays the content to regular Web-site visitors based on a set of templates. The templates are sometimes XSLT files.[3]

Administration is typically done through browser-based interfaces, but some systems require the use of a fat client.

Unlike Web-site builders like Microsoft FrontPage or Adobe Dreamweaver, a WCMS allows non-technical users to make changes to an existing website with little or no training. A WCMS typically requires an experienced coder to set up and add features, but is primarily a Web-site maintenance tool for non-technical administrators.[/b]
}
see, am tired of this arguments ,
no worry , i go leave another bone for you to chase somewhre else soo when i get time grin
Re: Phpbb by RuuDie(m): 5:52am On May 26, 2009
Dual Core:

Ruudie, woulda loved to tell u but i still remember how u stole Mukina away from me, months back angry tongue

ehn. . . . . . when was that u sure sey na me. . . . . u must be making a mistake oh shocked
Re: Phpbb by segsalerty(m): 2:41pm On May 26, 2009
@rudiee
you mea you dey talk to dual core?
you no fit hear am for this thread aan coz i don beat his ass out of here!
Re: Phpbb by biggjoe(m): 4:06pm On May 26, 2009
segsalerty:

na one of these Content Manaagement System softwares, ok ? we have different of them that are open source , including Joomla and so on

brother,
you got it all wrong comparing phbb and joomla.

What even got me pertubed is that after your definitions from all the necessary sites you still convinced yourself you still got it right.

You might have gotten it all confused probably cos you dont use those lazy things. ;
Re: Phpbb by segsalerty(m): 5:09pm On May 26, 2009
uhmm , read those things i got from my research !
that was really what kicked Him off this post ! havent heard from him for a while now ,
am outta here thou
Re: Phpbb by Afam4eva(m): 8:07pm On May 26, 2009
The only thing i don't like about PHPbb is that their headings are usually large, everybody will know that you're using PHPbb making your own heading really small, it sucks i prefer SMF.
Re: Phpbb by segsalerty(m): 11:03pm On May 26, 2009
grin seee !
Re: Phpbb by DualCore1: 9:26am On May 27, 2009
afam4eva:

The only thing i don't like about PHPbb is that their headings are usually large, everybody will know that you're using PHPbb making your own heading really small, it sucks i prefer SMF.

its CSS based, u can get everything to look just how u want it to.
Re: Phpbb by DrAyo1(m): 12:24pm On May 30, 2009
Pls, I need anyone who have installed phpbb successfully to tell me the URL to go (as stated in the phpbb site) to start the installation. Thanks
Re: Phpbb by jogosmaniac: 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2011
Greetings dudes. Im new to www.nairaland.com. Nice to meet you all!

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To The Legwork Website? / Has Eyowo Crashed? / I Need A Forum Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.