Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Confused, Isn't Tin A Natural Resource? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confused, Isn't Tin A Natural Resource? (593 Views)

Obiano To Ngige: You're Confused / Fayose Is Hopelessly Confused, Needs Prayers, Says Presidency / 8 Countries With No Natural Resource But, Thrive To Become World Major Exporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused, Isn't Tin A Natural Resource? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
i was oppurtuned to visit some part of bauchi state during my stay in the north. i visited some local villages under toro lga.

some of the villages in toro are highly blessed with tin. villages like: pigel, rishi, zalau etc.

most of the villagers are farmers and miners. they make alot of money from tin. some times they lease there land to chinese people for milions of naira.

the question is, if local people in the north are allowed to harness there natural resources, why can't the niger delta people be allowed to harvest their own natural resources by themselves.

if it is a crime to be caught with crude oil, why shouldn't it also be a crime to be caught with tin or other natural resources.

i won't forget one day when i was in a car headed for bauchi state, when an argument broke out between 2 hausa passengers.they where arguing about how rich nigeria is. they where just talking of oil, oil, and oil. none of them mentioned tin or lead or gemstoned etc. that made me wonder how can someone from bauchi state be so obssed with the oil in the far away land of 'infidels' - so they say.

please, does someone from niger delta, S.E have the right to claim the natural resources in the north, as hes/theirs?

Re: Confused, Isn't Tin A Natural Resource? by amtaken(f): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
Good post OP.

Let me hear the mallams first....
Re: Confused, Isn't Tin A Natural Resource? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
amtaken:
Good post OP.

Let me hear the mallams first....
toneybarcanist is busy dreaming of resource control: that will never happen.
Re: Confused, Isn't Tin A Natural Resource? by mikolo80: 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
crotonite:
i was oppurtuned to visit some part of bauchi state during my stay in the north. i visited some local villages under toro lga.

some of the villages in toro are highly blessed with tin. villages like: pigel, rishi, zalau etc.

most of the villagers are farmers and miners. they make alot of money from tin. some times they lease there land to chinese people for milions of naira.

the question is, if local people in the north are allowed to harness there natural resources, why can't the niger delta people be allowed to harvest their own natural resources by themselves.

if it is a crime to be caught with crude oil, why shouldn't it also be a crime to be caught with tin or other natural resources.

i won't forget one day when i was in a car headed for bauchi state, when an argument broke out between 2 hausa passengers.they where arguing about how rich nigeria is. they where just talking of oil, oil, and oil. none of them mentioned tin or lead or gemstoned etc. that made me wonder how can someone from bauchi state be so obssed with the oil in the far away land of 'infidels' - so they say.

please, does someone from niger delta, S.E have the right to claim the natural resources in the north, as hes/theirs?
cos the constitution says so.called tyranny of the majority. we don chance una
Re: Confused, Isn't Tin A Natural Resource? by mikolo80: 5:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
cos the constitution says so.
called tyranny of the majority.
it's now up to y'all to devise a means out of the bondage.
Re: Confused, Isn't Tin A Natural Resource? by ticking: 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
Leave them. The oil in the SS and SE has blinded their sense of reasoning that they cannot see money even if its under their feet. What these parasites know how to scream is "One Nigeria".

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Minister Of Environment, Amina Mohammed,Featured In Vogue Magazine(pic / Wife Of Nigerian Ebola Survivor Delivers Healthy Baby At Hospital In Lagos(pics / Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.