Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,126 members, 7,953,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji (1175 Views)

How I Get Devices To Review & My Advice To Upcoming Bloggers Who Want Such. / Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks / New/upcoming Bloggers Beware Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji by Wicfasho(m): 3:04am On Nov 26, 2015
Many aspiring bloggers today only need the money fast. Their main purpose and intention for blogging is to make fast money. I won't blame them much, Every blogger wants to be like Linda Ikeji because she makes cool cash. Yes! I mean cool cash. The term "Linda Ikeji" has now become the Synonym of "A Blogger". I am going to list out Five Reasons why these so-called-bloggers can't be up to (like) Linda. Everybody is now a blogger! LOL!

1. Passion

Linda's passion for blogging made her what she is today. Until i watched Linda on Toolz's Show, "Juice", i didn't believe Linda started blogging because she loves it. Most bloggers just need the money, and not only needing it, they need it fast. I remember a friend asking me to set up a blog for him, i was curious why someone who doesn't have a good knowledge of the internet will want to go into blogging. My curiosity made me ask him why, his reply was "Woo, bros i need cash ooo. I need cool money jare.". I smiled, though i wasn't able to educate him on what blogging really is.
Passion really matters a lot in anything we do. Not only in blogging but everything we want to succeed in.

2. Copying and Pasting Habits

Copying and pasting is very common among bloggers today. I don't mean we shouldn't copy or publish good posts for your readers but it shouldn't be just too much! Writing your own post / Content with one comment is better than copying other's with no comment. Some bloggers just go to popular sites, highlight a post, copy, paste and publish on it their blog.. .. No stress. right? Yes! They need more and large traffic and posts so that google can approve them for Adsense. Any one who calls these type of people bloggers should be jailed. I mean it. I am really mad about infringing on copyrighted posts.
Informing the owner/writer of a post before coping is not that bad. Please stop copying write-up or materials that you are not legally granted to copy.

3. No New Initiation

Since Linda Ikeji Writes on News, Entertainment, Gossips, Politics, e.t.c (Mainly News), Every blogger wants to do the same. It will be easier to ride a bicycle where only you is riding with 90 Meters, than Where ten people are riding with 30 Meters. Yep! I am very good in making analogies. I didn't copy that quote anywhere. I used it making up this post. Hmmmm.. Back to what i was saying. There is no body that can't make it in blogging, only if you don't have what it takes. Blogging is not a talent. No! It is a Passion-Turned-Job. Quote me anywhere. There are other aspect or field, bloggers can face and explore on. If you haven't gotten what i am saying in this section, I mean "CHANGE YOUR BLOGGING DIRECTION" to a field where there are no much competitors. There are thousands of Entertainment/News Sites/blog in Nigeria today. You can write on Health, Marriage, Family, Religion, Technology, Money-Management, Jobs, Opinions and lots more. These are just very very few aspect you can face.. Also note that, when you set up your blog for marriage or Family, don't post News or articles that are not related to the blog..

4. Time

Time is one great issue you must consider before going into blogging, Many bloggers are like "Part Time" Bloggers. I am not against part time blogging when the site/blog in question is not a News Site/Blog. Yes! It is not every day that you have contents or articles to post on a Religion blog for example. If you are running a News site or you are about to, there is no doubt that you have to be with an internet connected portable computer 24/7. This is really a great task for people that need the money. If you love blogging (as a passion now), you can go any length. Linda Ikeji Doesn't have anyone who posts for her. So, she is always blogging. Doing what she loves. Sometimes, when i visit her blog, I will see post written around 4 A.M (I don't think they are scheduled posts). You can't be a Part time blogger (Like Jide Ogunsanya) when you are running a News blog.
Upcoming bloggers go into blogging without knowing what people want, what people love to read. You have to get a niche for your blog before embarking on any.

5. Determination

If Linda Was just looking for "THE MONEY", she would make it but not up to what she is getting now. Determination can take you anywhere in live, aside blogging now. Just be determined and you are there smiling. Listen ! Take this as an example. Bola loves writing(blogging)! Yes. That's her hobby. But most of her write-ups and articles are not read, not to talk of commenting. She continued doing what she loved best believing that one day people will visit her blog, will have loads of comments and people will love and thank her for what she loves doing. That's determination with Faith! I not a religious person, but faith is not only used in the church.
Now, when you have believed you are not blogging for the money side, just be determined, do what you love, be loved for what you love, and thank me later for writing this article.

SUMMARY

Having passion for blogging is a criteria of Succeeding as a blogger. Write What you have and on what you picked that your blog is based on. Don't copy and paste too much! Lol, Create new ideas, Calculate the total hours you will spend blogging per day, and have the determination you will get where you want to.

PS: I called Jide a Part Time blogger because he really is. He run a "Tech and How To Blog", so why should he be a Full Time Blogger? No hating please.

Thanks For Reading!

Sharing is not that bad....

Re: 5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 3:08am On Nov 26, 2015
Absolutely
Re: 5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 3:51am On Nov 26, 2015
Great and insightful article.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji by hardon1(m): 4:19am On Nov 26, 2015
Am not a fucking blogger. But i know copying a good post from someone else’s site is not entirely bad, unless it becomes a habit. Just that when you copy, copy with intellect and wisdom. You could rephrase some of the words, captions and titles, use a different photo that portray same story. bla bla....
Show me a blogger who would say he/she has never copied (including Linda, Bella and the likes), and I will show you the eze-mmuo of liars in blogging. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji by 3Dee(m): 5:04am On Nov 26, 2015
Some bloggers for nairaland deserves death penalty I swearr.angry
After raising the hope of some vaseline members with topics like "Tontolet neked pics exposed", you go come open link come see say na invitation to church program.crycry
Haba! Bloggers make una dey fear God o, make thunder no come bleach una.gringrin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji by Warlord3000(m): 5:06am On Nov 26, 2015
Good writeup anytime even though it's sounding cliché nowadays wink
Re: 5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji by iPopAlomo(m): 5:13am On Nov 26, 2015
Like say Linda no dey copy and paste... mstcheew!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji by Emeka71(m): 5:50am On Nov 26, 2015
hardon1:
Am not a fucking blogger. But i know copying a good post from someone else’s site is not entirely bad, unless it becomes a habit. Just that when you copy, copy with intellect and wisdom. You could rephrase some of the words, captions and titles, use a different photo that portray same story. bla bla....
Show me a blogger who would say he/she has never copied (including Linda, Bella and the likes), and I will show you the eze-mmuo of liars in blogging. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Do you people think this Blog is okay check www.9jatotalfacts.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji by Julius2214(m): 7:52am On Nov 26, 2015
Great post. Great tips. Everybody is now going into blogging and mostly for the wrong reasons.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji by emmalexdboy(m): 8:55am On Nov 26, 2015
Well said OP. I recently got a call from someone asking for permission to copy one of my popular post.

"Hell no", I replied him almost immediately.

If you can't take your time to write unique posts for your blog, then quit.

Blogging is not by force.

Most Nigerian bloggers are desperate and are just looking for shortcuts that doesn't exist.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Upcoming Bloggers Can Not Be Like Linda Ikeji by Julius2214(m): 9:20am On Nov 26, 2015
emmalexdboy:
Well said OP. I recently got a call from someone asking for permission to copy one of my popular post.

"Hell no", I replied him almost immediately.

If you can't take your time to write unique posts for your blog, then quit.

Blogging is not by force.

Most Nigerian bloggers are desperate and are just looking for shortcuts that doesn't exist.
And you think it ends there?
I was surprised at what I saw after checking some of my posts on copyscape. Almost all of them were copied.

(1) (Reply)

How I was scammed and how you can be the next victim / How Google Dictates Adsense Invalid Clicks / Help Needed On Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.