Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks (20460 Views)

SEO Tips Bloggers Can Use To Improve Their Ranking / 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs / Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:15am On Dec 14, 2016

It's quite possible to make money with your blog without ad networks although ad networks help to boost revenue, but it's always better to have something else that earns you money on your blog.  I've run this blog for almost six months without an ad network because I was test running some things.

So,  here's a quick rundown of ways to earn more money without an ad network.

1. Offer Other Services On Your Blog

Unless your IQ is less than 0.0005%, there's always something else you should know how to do apart from just writing posts and clicking on the publish button.

Only do this if the skill you have is related to what you blog about. Don't do it if your skill it's totally unrelated to what you do . It's would be quite absurd to see a Tech Blogger start offering Food Catering Services.

You'll end up losing readers trust and they'll be like :

If you run a multi-niche blog like an entertainment blog, almost everything fits.

On my blog for example,  I offer services like logo designing, app development for blogs, website design, etc.

All this services help to boost my monthly earnings. So my earnings are not tied down by some ad network's CPC or CPM.

2. Search For Advertisers

There’s a popular quote in my country,  "if the mountain doesn't come to you, you go to the mountain".  There are  2 major stumbling blocks you'll face in this method.

A. Where To Search For Advertisers.
B. What To Send To Advertisers.

Just keep reading and I'll break the blocks to the size of a mustard seed.

Waiting for advertisers is just like going to church and the pastor says that you must get an alert this week and you stay at home without going to work, sleeping all week waiting for an alert .

You don't just sit back and wait for advertisers to contact you, try and reach out to them. Also make sure that you have a reasonable Alexa rank and traffic statistics. The common mistake bloggers make in this method is going for the popular brands that are advertising in their niche. The possibility of these "popular"  brands ignoring you is  97%.. I once tried contacting about 50 popular brands in the Tech niche(most were smartphone brands) but only  4  brands responded after some days . I changed my strategy and decided to go for the starters in the industry. I got an instant response the very first day. If Plan A doesn't work try plan B.

Another problem you may have as a blogger is when you want to search for advertisers then you discover that you've hit another stumbling block.  "You Don't Know Where To Start Looking For Advertisers"

At this stage you've reached a huge block, without help from anywhere or making research you decide to quit the idea with the mentality that advertisers are hard to find or contact.

On the contrary,  Advertisers are everywhere. Brands are always looking for a way to expand their reach. The first place to search for brands that are advertising are on :

A. Top blogs in your niche.

The funny thing about most of the brands is that they tend to prefer a sponsored post to banner ads and  you have to be really smart to discern the difference between a sponsored post and a normal post because most bloggers who get sponsored posts craft it in such a way that you can hardly notice it's  a sponsored post.

Once you see the  sponsored post, analyze it properly. Google up the name of the advertiser in this format  -  "contact email for  (Advertiser)"  (remove the brackets). With this you should get their email.

You can also check the banner ads on the blog

B. On Facebook

You use Facebook every day but you forget the potential that Facebook holds. Facebook is in fact the gold mine of advertisers. 98% of every brand runs adverts on Facebook. Facebook has upgraded its pages in such a way that you can contact the page directly from messenger by just sending a message. If emailing a brand doesn't work try connecting with them on Facebook.

Look for the brands advertising in your niche, send them a message and wait for a response.

You just hit stumbling block 2. "You don't know what to send"

There’s a simple way format you can use to contact advertisers without sounding like a nursery school student. 

I believe you learnt how to write a formal letter in secondary school or junior high but just in case you suck at letters, I'll give you a little clue.
Personally, I send advanced emails and attach media kits sometimes but I'll highlight how to do that later, I won't want to derail this post or make it too long so the people who have the patience of a fruitfly can still learn something.

Here's a  simple format :

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am (Your Name),  I run  (Your Domain Name). My website is focused on  (give a brief description of your blog and vision ). I want to work with (Advertiser Name) because I believe that my blog would help boost your brands online presence and products as well. I'm sincerely waiting for your response.

Best Regards,
(Your Name).

Try to sound as professional as possible,  you don't go and start asking a brand or it's representative, "How is your family". It's not done.  I believe I've cleared all the blocks, you may now cross over without any issues.

3.Partner With Offline Businesses

I believe bloggers should also be entrepreneurs . You should understand how social media works and know how to reach a particular audience.

Try to reach out to people that have a thriving business and have the vision of expanding their business and taking it to another level.

Don't contact pessimistic people. Considering the fact that some successful businesses don't have an online presence. As a blogger you should meet with the owners of the business and give them a detailed explanation of why they should promote their business online. I won't write what you should say to them because I believe that this method is for people that are smart not people that'll go about destroying the reputation of bloggers so you should be able to figure that out yourself .

If you have a good audience and traffic you can just promote it on your blog and drop the business number on the post otherwise open a page on Facebook and run an ad for the business and keep your own share of the bounty.

4.Affiliate Marketing

Unless you're new to blogging, this shouldn't be new to you. Here's a simple description of what affiliate marketing is.

It's like bringing someone to a store,when he buys a product, the shop owner pays you a certain amount from the money paid for the product .

Affiliate marketing works well in niche blogs. The success rate of affiliate marketing on niche blogs is 85.7% against the 37.2% of multi niche blogs .  If you blog about tech, sell tech related products, if you blog about fashion sell fashion products  but If you blog about everything and you don't have reasonable traffic go and open a supermarket. I'm kidding though, you can sell everything.

Don't feel that this post was made by a 30 year old blogger with experience in blogging. I'm just  19 so correct me if I'm wrong.. smiley.

I'd love to know other ways you earn as a blogger without ad networks.

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by veekid(m): 6:33am On Dec 14, 2016

informative

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 14, 2016
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by TINALETC3(f): 6:34am On Dec 14, 2016
Nice
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by wandeay: 6:36am On Dec 14, 2016
Nice tips
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by Bigsteveg(m): 6:36am On Dec 14, 2016
Booking space mode
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by KDCityForum(f): 6:38am On Dec 14, 2016
Nice
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by nmreports: 6:38am On Dec 14, 2016
Help check my blog o
www.HRtechnique.com
Which adveriser should I meet o.
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by Funsina(f): 6:39am On Dec 14, 2016
nice
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by AnodaIT(m): 6:53am On Dec 14, 2016
Doesn't apply to our copy and paste bloggers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by teemy(m): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2016
naijatechguy you are da bomb! keep it up.
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2016
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by teemy(m): 7:06am On Dec 14, 2016
nmreports:
Help check my blog o
www.HRtechnique.com
considering you are blogging on a field you have knowledge on, it becomes natural to know which groups would be interested in ads
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by teemy(m): 7:07am On Dec 14, 2016
nmreports:
Help check my blog o
www.HRtechnique.com
if you put adsense on your site which type of companies get listed?
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:08am On Dec 14, 2016
teemy:
naijatechguy you are da bomb! keep it up.
Thanks Bro smiley

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by Kelly737: 7:09am On Dec 14, 2016
Helpful tips... This will help is diversify
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by Elijahrona(m): 7:14am On Dec 14, 2016
I think my blog is OK the way it is
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:30am On Dec 14, 2016
nmreports:
Help check my blog o
www.HRtechnique.com
Nice blog you've got there. Contact brands related to Jobs careers , Or Companies that are recruiting,
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by ichommy(m): 7:42am On Dec 14, 2016
Informative Post.
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 14, 2016
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by Oluwolex2000(m): 7:51am On Dec 14, 2016
Please can you help check my blog [url]..com[/url] and tell me what I need to correct and also what kind of advert will I place on it. Thanks bro.. Expecting ur reply
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by beckytunde(f): 8:01am On Dec 14, 2016
beautiful insight
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 14, 2016
Nice. Where can i get advertisers for a sports niche. www.sportztrendz.com
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by Enoquin(f): 8:06am On Dec 14, 2016
You are 19 and you write so well and comprehensively too.
Your points are well taken smiley
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by hamzyluv(m): 8:12am On Dec 14, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:

It's quite possible to make money with your blog without ad networks although ad networks help to boost revenue, but it's always better to have something else that earns you money on your blog.  I've run this blog for almost six months without an ad network because I was test running some things.

So,  here's a quick rundown of ways to earn more money without an ad network.

1. Offer Other Services On Your Blog

Unless your IQ is less than 0.0005%, there's always something else you should know how to do apart from just writing posts and clicking on the publish button.

Only do this if the skill you have is related to what you blog about. Don't do it if your skill it's totally unrelated to what you do . It's would be quite absurd to see a Tech Blogger start offering Food Catering Services.

You'll end up losing readers trust and they'll be like :

If you run a multi-niche blog like an entertainment blog, almost everything fits.

On my blog for example,  I offer services like logo designing, app development for blogs, website design, etc.

All this services help to boost my monthly earnings. So my earnings are not tied down by some ad network's CPC or CPM.

2. Search For Advertisers

There’s a popular quote in my country,  "if the mountain doesn't come to you, you go to the mountain".  There are  2 major stumbling blocks you'll face in this method.

A. Where To Search For Advertisers.
B. What To Send To Advertisers.

Just keep reading and I'll break the blocks to the size of a mustard seed.

Waiting for advertisers is just like going to church and the pastor says that you must get an alert this week and you stay at home without going to work, sleeping all week waiting for an alert .

You don't just sit back and wait for advertisers to contact you, try and reach out to them. Also make sure that you have a reasonable Alexa rank and traffic statistics. The common mistake bloggers make in this method is going for the popular brands that are advertising in their niche. The possibility of these "popular"  brands ignoring you is  97%.. I once tried contacting about 50 popular brands in the Tech niche(most were smartphone brands) but only  4  brands responded after some days . I changed my strategy and decided to go for the starters in the industry. I got an instant response the very first day. If Plan A doesn't work try plan B.

Another problem you may have as a blogger is when you want to search for advertisers then you discover that you've hit another stumbling block.  "You Don't Know Where To Start Looking For Advertisers"

At this stage you've reached a huge block, without help from anywhere or making research you decide to quit the idea with the mentality that advertisers are hard to find or contact.

On the contrary,  Advertisers are everywhere. Brands are always looking for a way to expand their reach. The first place to search for brands that are advertising are on :

A. Top blogs in your niche.

The funny thing about most of the brands is that they tend to prefer a sponsored post to banner ads and  you have to be really smart to discern the difference between a sponsored post and a normal post because most bloggers who get sponsored posts craft it in such a way that you can hardly notice it's  a sponsored post.

Once you see the  sponsored post, analyze it properly. Google up the name of the advertiser in this format  -  "contact email for  (Advertiser)"  (remove the brackets). With this you should get their email.

You can also check the banner ads on the blog

B. On Facebook

You use Facebook every day but you forget the potential that Facebook holds. Facebook is in fact the gold mine of advertisers. 98% of every brand runs adverts on Facebook. Facebook has upgraded its pages in such a way that you can contact the page directly from messenger by just sending a message. If emailing a brand doesn't work try connecting with them on Facebook.

Look for the brands advertising in your niche, send them a message and wait for a response.

You just hit stumbling block 2. "You don't know what to send"

There’s a simple way format you can use to contact advertisers without sounding like a nursery school student. 

I believe you learnt how to write a formal letter in secondary school or junior high but just in case you suck at letters, I'll give you a little clue.
Personally, I send advanced emails and attach media kits sometimes but I'll highlight how to do that later, I won't want to derail this post or make it too long so the people who have the patience of a fruitfly can still learn something.

Here's a  simple format :

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am (Your Name),  I run  (Your Domain Name). My website is focused on  (give a brief description of your blog and vision ). I want to work with (Advertiser Name) because I believe that my blog would help boost your brands online presence and products as well. I'm sincerely waiting for your response.

Best Regards,
(Your Name).

Try to sound as professional as possible,  you don't go and start asking a brand or it's representative, "How is your family". It's not done.  I believe I've cleared all the blocks, you may now cross over without any issues.

3.Partner With Offline Businesses

I believe bloggers should also be entrepreneurs . You should understand how social media works and know how to reach a particular audience.

Try to reach out to people that have a thriving business and have the vision of expanding their business and taking it to another level.

Don't contact pessimistic people. Considering the fact that some successful businesses don't have an online presence. As a blogger you should meet with the owners of the business and give them a detailed explanation of why they should promote their business online. I won't write what you should say to them because I believe that this method is for people that are smart not people that'll go about destroying the reputation of bloggers so you should be able to figure that out yourself .

If you have a good audience and traffic you can just promote it on your blog and drop the business number on the post otherwise open a page on Facebook and run an ad for the business and keep your own share of the bounty.

4.Affiliate Marketing

Unless you're new to blogging, this shouldn't be new to you. Here's a simple description of what affiliate marketing is.

It's like bringing someone to a store,when he buys a product, the shop owner pays you a certain amount from the money paid for the product .

Affiliate marketing works well in niche blogs. The success rate of affiliate marketing on niche blogs is 85.7% against the 37.2% of multi niche blogs .  If you blog about tech, sell tech related products, if you blog about fashion sell fashion products  but If you blog about everything and you don't have reasonable traffic go and open a supermarket. I'm kidding though, you can sell everything.

Don't feel that this post was made by a 30 year old blogger with experience in blogging. I'm just  19 so correct me if I'm wrong.. smiley.

I'd love to know other ways you earn as a blogger without ad networks.

thanks .... i will like to pitch my tent with u on this journey .... kindly hola me ur details .. thanks

Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by blossomnet1: 8:34am On Dec 14, 2016
kingelemide:
Nice. Where can i get advertisers for a sports niche. www.sportztrendz.com
go for affiliate program with Bet9ja or Nairabet
Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by Arewa12: 8:35am On Dec 14, 2016
Nyc

Re: Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:38am On Dec 14, 2016
Oluwolex2000:
Please can you help check my blog [url]..com[/url] and tell me what I need to correct and also what kind of advert will I place on it. Thanks bro.. Expecting ur reply
A Nice Blog you've got there.. I think before going for advertisers get a domain name, it should cost just N500 on Godaddy if you use a coupon code.

Secondly, since it's a multi-niche blog, check out the sponsored posts on Linda Ikeji, BellaNaija and Naij.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook Account Hacked By An Unemployed Web Developer / 5 Cool Ways TO Make Money Online As A Student In Nigeria / All these Nigerian Online E-Commerce Shops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.