Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,917 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Saving Nigeria.. A 25 State Structure - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saving Nigeria.. A 25 State Structure (3173 Views)

1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad / GEJ Was Not Interested In Saving Nigeria's Resources-okonjo Iweala / Jonathan Was Not Interested In Saving Nigeria’s Resources – Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saving Nigeria.. A 25 State Structure by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Cheruv, i like your dreams..

FYI, no Rivers territory will be lost, even if Biafra succeeds.
cheruv:

gringrin
I'd rather say you're the dreamer...and nobody mentioned Biafra here but your paranoia won't allow you grin
Anyway your input is appreciated

Cheruv is right, but I will propose the total scrapping of bayelsa state. Let all the riverine communities of rivers and bayelsa be merged to RIVERS state. Let's have a unification of all the ijaw lands from burutu and other delta ijaws, to ekeremor, sagbama, Southern ijaw, nembe, brass, ogbia, down to degema, okrika, abonemma and other kalabari communities , ogu bolo and any other ijaw community I can't remember now... the ikweres, etche, obigbo and other upland communities should be United with the nearest igbo state...
Re: Saving Nigeria.. A 25 State Structure by cheruv: 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
tobimillar:
Lovely write up... I love my ijebu state, probably going to be the smallest state...

At the topic, this your formula for states is the best for Nigeria. Regional govt will not work a least not again.
A regional govt where the anioma man in delta state is lumped with the efik man from calabar a South south... the local ekiti man is joined with a lagosian as south west...regionalism simply can't work again...

I wish someone can forward your article to the Senate. Let's have closely related ethnic groups together in one state, so they can grow together.
Thanks for understanding me...
I still dunno what's keeping lalasticlala from putting it up on FP.
In the South we've clear ethnic boundaries, and I ensured I followed those lines to make sure that only related ethnicities are in one state. Pls ensure this piece is taken to the appropriate authorities for action smiley
Re: Saving Nigeria.. A 25 State Structure by cheruv: 8:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
tobimillar:

Cheruv is right, but I will propose the total scrapping of bayelsa state. Let all the riverine communities of rivers and bayelsa be merged to RIVERS state. Let's have a unification of all the ijaw lands from burutu and other delta ijaws, to ekeremor, sagbama, Southern ijaw, nembe, brass, ogbia, down to degema, okrika, abonemma and other kalabari communities , ogu bolo and any other ijaw community I can't remember now... the ikweres, etche, obigbo and other upland communities should be United with the nearest igbo state...
Rivers is a dicey case..a state where three language groups viz Igboid, Ijoid and Mmoñoid fuse together.
So what I did was
1]remove those parts of the state that were carved into it from East central state
2]remove the kalabaris and add them to bayelsa as they're an ijaw group with little Igbo influence and no direct attachment to PH

This Rivers I propose would maintain the essence of Nigeria in its tripodal balance
Re: Saving Nigeria.. A 25 State Structure by HopeAtHand: 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
tobimillar:

Only if wishes were horses....
Re: Saving Nigeria.. A 25 State Structure by cheruv: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Only if wishes were horses....
Beggars would ride

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh VS Kabiru Sokoto Brought To Court / Obama Replies A Nigerian Man On Twitter / Ecowas Judge Who Refuses To Hear Kanu's Case Has Been Sacked By Liberian S'court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.