Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? (98320 Views)

Photos From Recent NYSC Camps Carnival / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / Sexual Promiscuity By Married Women At NYSC Camps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by instaforexngr(m): 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
MuhdG:

And i don't understand how a sane person will allow his daughter/sister/wife to leave home half naked
So it is for this reason your Religion allows you to degrade womanhood?
And permit you to marry underage girls at 9-10 years of age, leaving them with VVF?
And permit you to marry up to 4 wives, divorcing any of them at will?
And make you believe that women were half as smart as men (Hadith 3:826, 2:541) and that majority in hell will be women (Had. 1:28, 301, 2:161, 7:124) and that women could be mortgaged?

Would you wish any of the above mentioned on your beloved Daughter?
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Bnladan(m): 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
teekay213:
nuns don't cover their whole face which is still okay.the pics shown above is scary.how will u relate with someone like that,maybe she has evil plans or not,how will she be fish out if she commit crime?
their is a difference btw 'hijab' and 'niqab'. Hijab is d clothn wc muslims wear over dia dresses dat cover dia body. Niqab is dat piecce of clothn dey use 2 cover dia faces. Niqab unlike hijab is optional nd not compulsory. A nun dresses lyk a decent muslim lady wearing d hijab. Dats d way every decent lady regardless of her religion is supposed 2 dress. Women are jewels, we respect dem dats y we advice dey cover dia beauties and only expose dem 2 dia husbands and families. If u were given a wrapped sweet and another dat is unwrapped 2 choose among, wc 1 will u choose pls?

2 Likes

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by daresimon(m): 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ekun123:
EMPHATIC YES. Muslim ladies should be allowed to live their life normally. Have you asked yourself the need for the orientation camp of NYSC before deployment to place of assignments? What additional values does the weeks added to the whole service year than opportunities of immorality.
What should guide the content of services to a nation is your priority at the time in question. Today our economy is not stable because the education system is collapsed. You want to deny a section of people opportunity to contribute to the nation's growth because of futile orientation camp madness. Exempt them from camp and post to their places of assignment directly. Marching like a soldiers add no value, country who make military training in service to nation compulsory are in perpetual state of war. I think these soldiers should be in NE find solution to BH than disturbing innocents female Muslims graduate in an unnecessary orientation camp.
Let us go to the fundamentals before talking of banning hijab. Graduates should rather that one year in entrepreneurship program or other program that will correct this inadequate education system before going to labour market. Let us be guided at least for once.

Nysc was set up by the military and its follow that u abide by their rules.
no be by force say you gas go for service, if you must,then be ready to do what you were asked to do.

a Muslim girl who wants to cover her body with that thing should not bother to ho to service at all.

that I one of the issues I have with Islam,it could have been a great religion but...........
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by vodkat: 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
Most if not all of the female suicide bombers all wear.hijab
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by BraniacX(m): 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
You are really dull. smiley smiley
I dey tell you wink cool
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by olaitan9291(m): 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
The Admin. of this nairaland wants to cause religious crisis in this nation for making/posting this religous topic on the front page. Please adjust.

1 Like

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by peterjero(m): 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
teekay213:
this islamic religion of a thing is way too complicated.a person dies,they bury him within 24hrs,what if the person is killed,just bury him with the fact.why will a sane person dress like this in the name of praticing religion.as a christian if i see any in the book that my spirit doesn't agree with i drop it because there should be update for everything in life.christ came 2,000years ago to update moses law and left the holy spirit to keep us updated.lastly,christian missionaries brought education to this country and everything consigning education should be done properly.
Bros somehow you made a very valid point here. We should keep updating to meet current demands like when I was in my criminology class in 300l - my lecturer said crime is good because it brings about innovation and without innovation the world is dead stagnant. Without crime there wouldn't have been smartphone, now we have finger print sensors on phones because of......
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by nosypat(m): 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
undecided integrate what? Islam? The same religion trying to strangle the society that's supposed to accommodate them? Mctew. Lousy prof! Imagine. Islam crying of victimisation? Is there a greater irony than this in our societal reality? Mctew. Lousy lousy prof.
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by BraniacX(m): 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
micronut:
NYSC DG DISCREDITS THE BAN OF HIJAB , SAYS "NOBODY CAN BAN THE USE OF HIJAB

"Yesterday, (25th of November, 2015), several media houses misled Nigerians by spreading false headlines that Hijab has been banned in the NYSC scheme. Immediately, the National executives of the Muslim Corpers’ Association of Nigeria (MCAN) contacted the Director General of the scheme through a letter and Text messages to verify the news going viral.

Prior to the misleading news from the media, the National Executives of MCAN met with the DG on (Tuesday, 24 of November, 2015 which corresponds to the 12th of Safar, 1437AH)with respect to the same Hijab and harassment of Corps members issue in some states. In the meeting, the DG assured MCAN of collectively creating a lasting solution to the issues we raised.

On (Wednesday, 25 of November, 2015 which corresponds to the 13th of Safar, 1437AH) The DG discredited the misleading news of some media houses and bloggers such as Punch, Daily trust, and Linda Ikeji among others. He reaffirmed his willingness to work with MCAN executives to attain a better NYSC. The following text messages were exchanged between the DG and MCAN to reach a consensus on the issue, as we await an official document to this effect;

MCAN“Good day sir, please can you kindly clarify the news on the Ban of hijab.
Thank you
”25th of November, 2015 – 04: 59pm

Director General of NYSC;
“Nobody can ban the use of Hijab in NYSC. We are only pleading that due to the current security situation in the country, our corps members are requested to try and avoid use of Long Hijab. However, what’s your own view and advice on it?
Thanks
”25th of November, 2015 – 05: 08pm

MCAN“It is a great honour and privilege to be given the opportunity to advice. We advise a hijab to the knee and a three quarter trousers. We have also asked our members to cooperate with the security agencies to maintaining peace and order during checking and to report suspicious persons. It is a great opportunity having your personality as DG, We pray for your long life and health.
Thanks
”25th of November, 2015 – 06 : 44pm

Director General of NYSC;
“This is fine, I will ensure that this is conveyed to all the states orientation camp to guide them.
Thanks and God bless.
”25th of November, 2015 – 06 : 50pm

Based on our discussion with the DG, all Muslim corps members are hereby informed that; White Hijabs which is up to the knee level and three quarter trousers are now accepted by NYSC pending the time the security challenges in the country will be totally eradicated, it’s very difficult to compromise our religious conventions to this extent by accepting to use Hijabs which are not up to the feet or ankle level however the DG pleaded we accept his offers in order to prevent any security threat. In addition , the DG also promised to send directives to all the NYSC staffs.

Hence, Kindly report any military or NYSC personal to your MCAN state Amir if you are harassed or ordered to take off your hijab, provided it’s around the knee level. In Sha Allah, we shall communicate further information to you shortly. As we await an official communication to this effect. Thus, we enjoy you to stay calm. We advise all Corps Members to submit to security checks, be respectful, obedient, tolerant, prayerful and above all, report any provoking issue(s) to the rightful bodies in order to prevent any form of regrettable violence.

Kindly disregard all the misleading and false information from media houses. Get a first-hand information from MCAN in regards to Muslim corps members’ affairs.

Furthermore, we enjoy all media houses to deploy investigative journalism before passing out information, as passing of wrong information of this nature can turn the country into total mess. We also use this medium to call the attention of the Ministry of Information to control the flow of unprofessional and misleading News.

Special Appreciations to;The NYSC Director General : Brigadier General Johnson Olawunmi, NSCIA ,
The Muslim Youth League in Da’awah, MSSN,MURIC, FOMWAN, CRITERION, Other Islamic Bodies, Individuals and Sisters’ Organisations who showed support through Calls , messages and media campaigns.

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, KINDLY SHARE THIS AS MUCH AS YOU CAN
Thank you all‪#‎MCANCares
www.muslimcorpers.org
Like us on Facebook : MCAN National
MUSLIM CORPERS' ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (MCAN)
Apena Ibrahim Adeboye
National PRO

Mtcheeeew undecided you come think say even with your white knee length hijab I go go near any of your potential suicide bombers? angry
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Amustical(m): 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
Keep mute for ranting this.......... If making posting on front page is a treat, then don't read comments. Islam as a religon is good. But their practices is bad. Tell me, what's wrong on the temporary ban on using long ijab in NYSC camps? Ilams kick against western education, yet nna still dey take and acquiring training and education that was broght up by westerner/christianity.
Is there a greater irony than this in our societal reality?

olaitan9291:
The Admin. of this nairaland wants to cause religious crisis in this nation for making/posting this religous topic on the front page. Please adjust.
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by qasmah(f): 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
tobillionaire:
Long hijab shld b disallowed... Are dy nt feeling heat sef
I'm not surprised,but,please who are you to complain of heat on behalf of the mahjubah? If we don't complain when your mums,sisters,wives and daughters parade around nude disregarding the essence of womanhood in posters,billboards and shame ful music videos all for the peanuts they bring home for you,I ask who are you to complain for us?The hijab is the essence of female dignity and all dignified women know it's essence.Before the heat of the grave consumes you change your mindset and go in search of the truth,no one will be able to rid of the heat u'll feel in the grave.

1 Like

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Mbediogu(m): 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"its not what goes into a man that makes him unclean......".

Suicide bombers uniform should not be
allowed in NYSC camps pls. These are
unusual times for the country.
It will be tragic to have suicide
bombers hidden behind hijab in the camp.
Those who insist on hijab should be posted
to Maiduguri, Yobe and Adamawa.
We have not ceded those areas to BH.
On the alternative give them excemption
letters or ban NYSC program for now.
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
instaforexngr:

And permit you to marry underage girls at 9-10 years of age, leaving them with VVF?
And make you believe that women were half as smart as men (Hadith 3:826, 2:541) and that majority in hell will be women (Had. 1:28, 301, 2:161, 7:124) and that women could be mortgaged?

Oh my. Another dumb goat
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
tobillionaire:
you are an ignorant keep quite
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Tamakay(m): 10:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
EVILFOREST:

I tire ooooo.
See how them wear CUBICLE for body.

Person fit dey inside start Baby Factory business

Loooooool u nor well.....baby factory bizness...Lol
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by qasmah(f): 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
daresimon:

Nysc was set up by the military and its follow that u abide by their rules.
no be by force say you gas go for service, if you must,then be ready to do what you were asked to do.

a Muslim girl who wants to cover her body with that thing shoul coold not bother to ho to service at all.

that I one of the issues I have with Islam,it could have been a great religion but...........
in what section of the Nigerian constitution is this trash you posted cited,pls explain to me.What's more,have you been in an NYSC orientation camp,what value did it add to your life as a person?I know that even if you'd been there you must be one of those pimps found roaming around camp with your shameless cohorts even after light out.

1 Like

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
instaforexngr:

But the mother of your Al masih wore hijab na,abi?
We don't downgrade a women,rather we upgrade a woman by hiding her treasures.So your daughter will be allowed by you to go out with tight dress showing her cleavage?

Quran praises,uplift and eulogises women.Marrying more than one wife isn't compulsory.

Just because Muslims violate the teachings of Islam does not make Islam in anyway faulty.

1 Like

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by tempix: 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
teekay213:
this islamic religion of a thing is way too complicated.a person dies,they bury him within 24hrs,what if the person is killed,just bury him with the fact.why will a sane person dress like this in the name of praticing religion.as a christian if i see any in the book that my spirit doesn't agree with i drop it because there should be update for everything in life.christ came 2,000years ago to update moses law and left the holy spirit to keep us updated.lastly,christian missionaries brought education to this country and everything consigning education should be done properly.

These jargons you posted shows how true you people believe in your book (bible). Anyway Jesus never came to destroy or abolish any law but to fulfill them. As stated here in:

Matthew 5:17-20English Standard Version (ESV)

Christ Came to Fulfill the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished .19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

1 Like

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Abumadea: 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
teekay213:
Christian missionaries brought Education and u a christian typed consign instead of concern.

1 Like

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by tempix: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
Abumadea:

Christian missionaries brought Education and u a christian typed consign instead of concern.

Ee be like sey na consignment the guy follow come this earth cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
Bnladan:
Paramilitary, ryt? Y make it compulsory? Secondly, dnt u think denying a muslim lady 2 wear hijab is denying her right. Its lyk forcing a non-muslim lady who dnt lyk wearing hijab 2 wear hijab. Lyk d prof said, many crimes hv been carried out with both d army nd police uniforms, does dat mean d uniforms be banned?. See bro, d reason y muslims wear hijabs is 2 dress decent.
It's compulsory cos of the times we are iin! The military must have gotten a red alert info of a possible strike at camps with hijab.

ii stayed so many years iin the core north, non muslims are forced to wear hijabs n for not bearing a muslim name ii lost an admission into univ.

ii therefore completely disagree that the reason hijab iis worn iis nt for decency cos the ones that are my friends claim they simply wear iit to pls em parents not God

1 Like

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by ahkmed(m): 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
qasmah:
in what section of the Nigerian constitution is this trash you posted cited,pls explain to me.What's more,have you been in an NYSC orientation camp,what value did it add to your life as a person?I know that even if you'd been there you must be one of those pimps found roaming around camp with your shameless cohorts even after light out.

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
Dis niccur. Is sick n rather bin bias. In his claim, I ws seein sense in his statement. Cus(evryboddyis entitled2her opinion) bt since her strted bringin up some religeously biggoted point I lost interest
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by ChildofChukwu(m): 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Its what he goes into... wink

Exactly!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
Freegift75:

How did you know all these?
Stayed many years iin the north.
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
How does banning of long hijab make a Muslim lady a non Muslim?

Ask me oooo. This Mus people get plans ooo. Abi does it increase their alawee
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by qasmah(f): 11:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
instaforexngr:

It amazes me when your people go public to celebrate their ignorance like this,spewing trash on social media just so you are noticed?You should have taken a deep sleep instead of this ,it would have you set your brain right a bit
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by Asunmoh: 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
tobillionaire:

did they complain to u that they are uncomfortable with it....speak 4 urself

1 Like

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by instaforexngr(m): 11:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
MuhdG:

Oh my. Another dumb goat
Its not worth it to engage you in further exchanges.
You are still immature!
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by mcboyeson(m): 11:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
it is rather unfortunate that a respected muslim elder can be so ignorance of what is happening in Nigeria as far as security is concerned.He is ignorantly attaching religious connotation to the directive given by the Director General of NYSC ,am very sure if one or more of his relative has been burnt by this hijab using suicide bombers he wouldn't have made this type of comment.What will he have done if He is in Niger,Chad,Cameroon and Senegal where this hijab has been completely banned for the muslim there.Please stop inciting the muslims,muslims are peace loving and we support any effort made by the authority to protect life and property in this Country
Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by qasmah(f): 11:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
instaforexngr:

It amazes me when your people go public to celebrate their ignorance like this,spewing trash on social media just so you are noticed?You should have taken a deep sleep instead of this ,it would have you set your brain right a bit[quote author=tempix post=40440766]
These jargons you posted shows how true you people believe in your book (bible). Anyway Jesus never came to destroy or abolish any law but to fulfill them. As stated here in:
Matthew 5:17-20English Standard Version (ESV)
Christ Came to Fulfill the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished .19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.[/quote

They don't read the bible,they only keep bibles as souvenirs ,how will they know what's written in it?Even those of them who manage to read it do so in order to use it to their own advantage,not to preach the gospel.

2 Likes

Re: Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? by busyfishing(m): 11:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
Senegal a country with about 95% of its citizens are practicing Muslims is planning to ban hijab..so what is that idiot saying....DG carry go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Tallest Guy In Abuja NYSC Camp (Photos) / NYSC Anthem / A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.