Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Diary Of My Love Life...2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of My Love Life...2 (1872 Views)

I Am Zara Sanusi And This Is My Life(2) / Diary Of My Love Life...3 / Diary Of My Love Life...1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of My Love Life...2 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
"Niffy, I don download the application. It's time to meet peeps and let's see if we can hang out with new friends" Linda said.
"Mtchewwwwwww, that stupid chatting application" I replied. I have downloaded the application before and I deleted it a week later when I realised that it's not meant for peeps like me. Imagine some useless guys won't even say 'hi', the first question is usually 'how much'. 'ehn' 'how much is what?' 'I am not selling anything guys' It was later a mature guy I met on line told me what the application is all about. So, it's all about babes who wanna make money using their toto. I quickly deleted the application. I just wanna make friends not using my private possession for money.
"Niffy"
"Yes" I was already lost in thoughts.
"See this guy", Linda was trying to show me one guy on her phone. She met him on Badoo immediately she downloaded the application. It's just like the guys are already waiting for you there. When I was still chatting on Badoo, I was only meeting Married men. They are just there to catch fun with babes and pay them. Chai! What is this world turning to? Men and their cheating nature. I can't imagine myself married to a cheating husband, it kind of scares me and that makes me to be afraid of marriage. I can't imagine my husband doing what we do in our private bedroom with another lady. What is mine is mine, end of story.
"Waoh, he is cute" I reply.
"Do you like him?" Linda asked.
"Like who? Mba Linds. Don't even go there. I don't need a boyfriend"
"Kilode Niffy, is being single at your age something we celebrate in our society?" Not again. That's our mentality here in Africa. I watch too much of American films thou, maybe it's having its effect on my mentality. I love the mentality of Friends with Benefits(FWB). No strings attached, no dramas, no relationship palava and it's a beautiful thing to me. Just the two of us who wants to have sex anyday and anytime but I have never try that. I am a yoruba babe with our culture embedded in my blood. Finding a guy with that type of mentality is gonna be hard. I have guys as friends but they eventually fall in love with me and I always loose them as friends after expressing their minds, they always tell me 'being friends with me will never be enough'. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
"Because I don't need a boyfriend, is that hard for you to understand?" I wish Linds will just drop this conversation because I am starting to loose my patience. I hate talking about them.
"No but why? Why Nifemi? I thought you have move on" Linda is just a good friend to me. She is always concerned about my life. We were given the award of 'Best friends ever' during our award night final year party. She is the blood sister my mum did not give me. She's priceless.
"Linds, my priority for now is to get a good job after service(as if that is easy in 9ja), be independent and make cool cash. Boyfriend things will come in later, I gats to make money first girlfriend" I replied.
The fact is that being single is not easy. I gats to act strong. I am just 24 for God's sake, there is still time to fall in love. I act as if I am happy as a single lady on my bbm, facebook, twitter and all that. Some of my friends are even jealous of my status because they are facing hell in their relationships not knowing what I do go through. I act as if I am happy while I silently pray and wish my prince in a charming way will come and find me, make me fall in love, do the things that I read in the novels and we will live happily ever after. Hmmmmm. Too much of romantic novels self. If someone tells you that he/she is enjoying being single, he/she is a capital LIAR. I am the type of person that keep things to myself, I hate putting my burden on my peeps and I know how to deal with my problems myself.
"Niffy, I know you and how you like your private life but you need have a soul mate. Anyway, I already have a date with this guy. Wanna come?" Linda asked.
"No please, thanks." That's Linda for you. No dull moment. She no be runs babe but she makes friends easily. Her boyfriend is not even here in 9ja so she is as free as air thou she did not misuse that freedom.
"Na u sabi, Omo pastor. Niffy, I don't have cloth to put on oo. Where we fit get cheap cloths here as per say I no get money but I need to look good"
"We can go to yaba tonight, you will choose and tire" I said.
"Okay babe, let's go shopping" Linda replied. She went to the kitchen to check what we are preparing for dinner. I thank God I have her in my life. I stood up to take the remote so as to change the channel from soundcity to another channel. We hardly watch movies but we can watch musical videos from now till next year. I love musics, it's my other way of life. You can't see me on the road without my ear-piece, that's my way of ignoring the world.
When it was 7pm, we set out to go to yaba. We took a bus to ojuelegba and we strolled from Ojuelegba to yaba. I don't know why people will pay #50 for that short treakable distance. We were able to buy some necessary things for Linda's date. Tomorrow is Friday and the thought of her going out without me is already making me feel lonely.
"Let's buy Indomie here so that we can have that for breakfast" I said. We are just coming from our morning jog. Today is Linda's date with Mr mysterious. I have phobia for meeting people for the first time especially if it is the opposite sex. I always think of what to say and how to make such a meeting lively.
Linda went for her date and came back late around 3am.
"You really missed girfriend. It was fun fun and fun. You need to see the set of guys that this guy rolls with" Linda continues with her gist while I focus on my 'Orange is the new colour'. An America season film. The movie is interesting and I can't afford to miss a scene.
"Niffy now, listen to my gist"
"We will gist later now, I promise. Take a bath and sleep, you need to rest". She obediently went to the bathroom to take her bathe and straight to bed. That's the good part of her whenever she's tipsy.
I was chatting on my phone with my naughty friend when a 'friend request' message came up on my bbm. 'who be rat', I thought. I don't usually accept friend requests unless I gave you my pin so I was wondering who the person could be. I wanted to catch a little fun on my phone so I decided to accept the request and delete the person ASAP.
"Hi" That was the first message the person sent.
"Hello" I replied
"I am Kenneth"
"I am Nifemi"
"Nice pic on your DP" Will he just go straight to the point! Urggggggh
"Thanks(i am being polite). Where did you get my pin please? I don't chat with strangers(I quickly put am there to let him know that I don't have time for rubbish)"
"Your friend gave it to me" I am beginning to loose my patience. Can he be specific? I have lots of friends.
"Name of the friend please?" I am going to kill the friend who gave out my pin without my consent.
"Linda" Ehn! That motherfucking naughty friend of mine. How could she do that to me. I quickly went to the parlour where she's watching a movie on the TV.
"Linda, who is Kenneth and why on earth will you give him my pin without my consent? I said angrily.
"C'mon girl, he needs a friend and you also need a friend so I decided to match make you guys together. He saw your pix on my Dp and said he likes you. Cefinis!"
Gosh! It's not as if I dont like the idea but I hope it's just gonna be 'just friend's stuff' or FWB. Then my phone alerted me of another message.
"Are you there"
"Yes but I am kind of busy right now. Can we chat later?" I am not busy but I just need to cool down. I don't wanna transfer my anger on him.
"Ok. Have a niceday" I heavied a sign of relief and put my ear-piece in my ear. I like listening to musics whenever I am mad. I hate staying mad for long not even at my bestie. This is how my story with Kenneth started. Stay tune for the next episode.

You are free to correct me not abusive ones plea
Re: Diary Of My Love Life...2 by andyanders: 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
Nice one but be careful.No matter how good it sound now, match making is one of the worst way to kick start a relationship as the matchmaker is gonna be a problem in-between.

Having gone through your msg, I can see that you a very focused person and I suggest, you get a friend by yourself. Friendship is a good, a bad and ugly thing.It is always better if you matchmaker yourself than someone else.
Re: Diary Of My Love Life...2 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
andyanders:
Nice one but be careful.No matter how good it sound now, match making is one of the worst way to kick start a relationship as the matchmaker is gonna be a problem in-between.

Having gone through your msg, I can see that you a very focused person and I suggest, you get a friend by yourself. Friendship is a good, a bad and ugly thing.It is always better if you matchmaker yourself than someone else.
Thanks for the comment but it's a fiction
Re: Diary Of My Love Life...2 by precious556: 6:50am On Dec 02, 2015
U are doing very well with your writeups.
Thumb up.
Re: Diary Of My Love Life...2 by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 02, 2015
precious556:
U are doing very well with your writeups.
Thumb up.
Thanks boss
Re: Diary Of My Love Life...2 by Imoy(m): 7:21am On Dec 02, 2015
Nice write up Abbykem. Cant wait for more updates.

Following you bumber2bumber.

Dont kip a gentle man like me waiting plsss

cheesy grin
Re: Diary Of My Love Life...2 by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 02, 2015
Imoy:
Nice write up Abbykem. Cant wait for more updates.

Following you bumber2bumber.

Dont kip a gentle man like me waiting plsss

cheesy grin
Gracias. The story continues this week. Won't keep ya waiting
Re: Diary Of My Love Life...2 by Mhizkel(f): 11:23am On Dec 03, 2015
Good fictional piece.

Following......smiley
Re: Diary Of My Love Life...2 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
Mhizkel:
Good fictional piece.

Following......smiley
Thanks
Re: Diary Of My Love Life...2 by Imoy(m): 6:47am On Dec 06, 2015
Abbykem:
Thanks

You no go update again?
Re: Diary Of My Love Life...2 by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 06, 2015
Imoy:

You no go update again?
I have posted the '3'. The '4' will be posted this week

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Graduate And The Hustle (season 1) / The Outcast / Chimamanda's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.