Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Family Pressure - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Pressure (1173 Views)

How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Wanting A Baby Boy - The Family Pressure / Pressure To Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Pressure by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2015
Good morning everyone.

I'm a graduate and currently waiting to serve. I'm the last of three. My brothers are 30+ and 27 and both are currently unmarried and single.

The thing now is, my parents are already putting pressure on me to bring a lady home without doing same for my brothers. This started when i was in 400L. It increased a little at 500L and now i can't do without hearing it about three times a week.

My parents are both in their mid fifties. And i feel they really need grandchildren. Even yesterday, my mom was begging me not to let people call a witch because she trained two of my cousins from little and both are now married except her own children.

Marriage doesn't look feasible now for me because i'm planning to do my Masters but they wouldn't have any of it.

What should i do? Get someone pregnant during NYSC?
Re: Family Pressure by Richy4(m): 9:29am On Nov 27, 2015
Bro why not point to her the proper channel and the best candidates that can give her what she wanted which happens to be your elder ones?

why did she rule them out from her request for marriage and grand kids

2 Likes

Re: Family Pressure by stonecoldcafe: 9:40am On Nov 27, 2015
Pay her no heed. Anytime she talks just say "okay". Don't get anyone pregnant just to satisfy parents. Your turn will come.

2 Likes

Re: Family Pressure by MRBrownJ: 10:27am On Nov 27, 2015
your mum is asking you to get married for her OWN selfish reasons, simply tell her:" stop stressing me about this issue, and instead go and focus on my 2 other brothers who aint any closer to get married either"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Pressure by tpiadotcom: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
Richy4:
Bro why not point to her the proper channel and the best candidates that can give her what she wanted which happens to be your elder ones?

why did she rule them out from her request for marriage and grand kids

op your story is not complete.
Re: Family Pressure by ojeota(f): 11:29pm On Nov 27, 2015
Why cant they talk to your brothers. Are they Not their children as well.
Op just live your dream and tell them that when the time comes you will bring your woman.
With time they will let you be just as they let your brothers be.
Re: Family Pressure by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 28, 2015
Yes, get someone pregnant during NYSC and inform them but be sure you would be needing a lot Kore that the platry allowee to take care of the baby and mother.
Last bullet::::....... It ain't time yet. Direct them to your brothers.
Re: Family Pressure by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
Thanks for all the advices.

Well my brothers ehn, we haven't seen any in a relationship from the time i was born. Not even one girlfriend but my parents knows i'm the big opposite of that.

I'm even afraid both are gay sef.

tpiadotcom , why do you say so?

1 Like

Re: Family Pressure by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
artisticallyart:
Yes, get someone pregnant during NYSC and inform them but be sure you would be needing a lot Kore that the platry allowee to take care of the baby and mother.
Last bullet::::....... It ain't time yet. Direct them to your brothers.

If it was all about money, things would have been much easier. They are ready to bankroll everything. I even have some funds i'm planning to use for a masters degree abroad which can be diverted there.

But you know marriage and a child would surely disrupt my plans for the future
Re: Family Pressure by Abiababe(f): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2015
Marriage are for matured people

1 Like

Re: Family Pressure by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2015
if your brothers are gay, that may explain the situation, but that's assuming your parents know.

I have friends that are so. Twins though, and gay...and the parents got to know. Needless to say, the pressure has been off them to get married but on the younger ones.

There may be another explanation for yours though. My take: Sit with your parents and ask them why they're dwelling on you to get married and not your brothers first.

(1) (Reply)

Government Should Officially Tag Women As Household Items. / I Need Your Advise, I Am Tired Of Where I Am Living / Parents Share Hilarious Photos Of Their Kids Asleep In All Sorts Of Odd Places

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.