Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,036 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:44 PM

The Danger Of Allowing APC Nominate Another Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Danger Of Allowing APC Nominate Another Candidate (536 Views)

APC Nominate Buhari For Second Term In Office / Tribunal Grants Motion Allowing APC, Obaseki To Inspect Election Materials / Kogi Elections: What If Another Candidate Dies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Danger Of Allowing APC Nominate Another Candidate by futureniyi: 8:59am On Nov 27, 2015
Without further deliberations on the matter, I will get to my point.

There's looming danger in allowing APC select another candidate to inherit the votes of Audu.

Amongst other things this means INEC has granted APC the power of the people - the power to select a governor.

This is contradictory to the principles of democracy & it will create a loophole that could lead to increase in political assainations

For instance, A party can bring forward a candidate the electorate love, assassinate him before election results are declared & impose a tyrant as governor.

I am not a lawyer but I believe the best solution for democracy is to conduct another fresh election.

This solution might not favor APC, but it's the best democratic solution; as it allows people to once again vote for the best available candidate.
Re: The Danger Of Allowing APC Nominate Another Candidate by Miradamian: 9:19am On Nov 27, 2015
You are 100% right. The first time a topic interests me and got my response
Re: The Danger Of Allowing APC Nominate Another Candidate by aychemical(m): 9:20am On Nov 27, 2015
In as much as I agreed with ur view,let the law take its course.Whatever dat happens afterwards will definitely mke our democracy stronger.
Re: The Danger Of Allowing APC Nominate Another Candidate by Ephemmm: 9:28am On Nov 27, 2015
futureniyi:
Without further deliberations on the matter, I will get to my point.

There's looming danger in allowing APC select another candidate to inherit the votes of Audu.

Amongst other things this means INEC has granted APC the power of the people - the power to select a governor.

This is contradictory to the principles of democracy & it will create a loophole that could lead to increase in political assainations

For instance, A party can bring forward a candidate the electorate love, assassinate him before election results are declared & impose a tyrant as governor.

I am not a lawyer but I believe the best solution for democracy is to conduct another fresh election.

This solution might not favor APC, but it's the best democratic solution; as it allows people to once again vote for the best available candidate.

You mean GEJ killed his principal shey? Agony of a looser
. For your information, the office of Deputy was created to cater for emergencies like this: any contestant does not only has every right to protect himself, but to also try as much as he can to get a confidant he believes in.

Get it right.

(1) (Reply)

Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement / Ambode Calls For Attitudinal Change In Lagos / How The Biafrans Lost Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.