Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? (9932 Views)

Education Or Tech Blog Which One / Which One Should I Go For Between A Forum And Amazon Affiliate Site? / Multi-niche Or Single Niche Blog: Which Way Should You Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by Gentleveks(m): 11:49am On Nov 27, 2015
Frontpage!!! thanks mods
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by cecegorz(m): 11:52am On Nov 27, 2015
If you are looking for easy this, easy that, I'm not sure you can do anything in these spaces.
The two poster persons for these two options in Nigeria today are; Seun- forum, and Linda- blog. Both started about the same time - 2005/2006, none of them made any money until around 2010.
Your skills, experience and personality should also be your guide; Seun, being an introvert nerd is obviously well suited for a forum, just stay in the background and enjoy your coding while people publish whatever catches their fancy.
Linda being an outgoing person who previously tried publishing fashion/celebrity magazine with an unfulfilled desire to become a journalist, finds it easier blogging, putting herself and family in the public glare, gossiping about people and breaking news, all by herself.

Over all, sit down and do a SWOT analysis on yourself, and then understand that it will take quality effort and time for the numbers to start rolling in.

4 Likes

Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by Ignatiusprince(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2015
Forum is better but takes patience and sacrifice. .
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by Gentleveks(m): 11:56am On Nov 27, 2015
moscobabs:
Forum is like a democracy while Blog is like a Military

Everybody share their opinion on Forum and the rule is flexible while Blog is rule by dictator (Owner) and the rule is Rigid .

U can still compare Forum with a Limited Liability Company where it belongs to every shareholder and decision is taking by the board which is Group of shareholders While Blog is like Sole Propertorship and the decision is taking by only the Owner

Nairaland is a FORUM though owns by seun osewa but all of us have our own account and we create our topics even the mods may be harsh atimes cos of some kids and imature people on the forum.

LInda Ikeji( dont know if im right) is a Blog - Only linda chop her money and post anytin she likes .

how many likes for me
nice one lol

1 Like

Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by moscobabs(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
Gentleveks:
nice one lol
thank you sir
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by emmalexdboy(m): 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by miqos02(m): 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
forum generates discussions on its own,blog admin is responsible for all topics, but forum is more stressful, both of them can generate equal amount of income
Gentleveks:
What i mean by better is 1.)easy to start 2.)easy to monitize 3.)easy to manage. Pls dont forget to add your reasons
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by miqos02(m): 12:06pm On Nov 27, 2015
petux:
i go for blog....buh sumhw nairaland is far better dhan lindablog...buh hw kum she is earning it big dhan Mr seun Osewa
are u sure she is earning more?

1 Like

Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by miqos02(m): 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2015
stanliwise:
A Blog is easier to start and easier to get hit but hard to maintain because you need to be taking care of it everytime.

Forum is hard to start, hard to have it, but if it grows, it maintains itself.

inconclusion:
Blog is a baby that would never grow to take care of itself.

But a forum has poor growth, but when grown, it would take care of itself.

a forum will never take care of itself, ask seun osewa

1 Like

Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
Gentleveks:
What i mean by better is 1.)easy to start 2.)easy to monitize 3.)easy to manage. Pls dont forget to add your reasons

FORUM is the best.

To start it, its not that easy.
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by DarthSidious(m): 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
I go for forum. It allows for more interaction.

1 Like

Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by adeoba2008(m): 12:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
Blog is more focused than forum, any-day any time. I give it to blog because I am a focused blogger.
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by Julius2214(m): 12:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
A blog is preferable.
Reasons
1. A blog is easy to set up. You can easily create one on blogger or get a self hosted WordPress blog - the best.
2. A forum requires members, you'll spend a lot of time and money to get loyal members
3. Seriously, apart from Nairaland, have you seen any other Nigerian forum this successful? But talking of blogs, there are very many of them.
4. If you start a blog a create quality contents, you'll get loyal readers in no time.
5. Monetizing a blog is very easy. There are various methods - Adsense, affiliate marketing, sales of ebooks, advertisement etc.
I can go on and on...
I've seen many forum rise and fail simply because they never got their expectations.
Seriously, there can never be a forum as successful as Nairaland in Nigeria unless the owner is God.
If you want to do something online, get a blog. With a good mentor you are good to go.
I have to stop now, I'm typing from my phone.
Check my signature for more blogging tips

4 Likes

Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by 9jawebdev(m): 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
As a web developer, with your criteria, a blog is the answer.

before your forum can start converting for you, it will take time, requires alot of mods and work hours.

Go for a blog.

Need a blog or forum or custom website of any standard?

Mail : naijawebdev@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by Lanceslot(m): 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2015
stanliwise:
A Blog is easier to start and easier to get hit but hard to maintain because you need to be taking care of it everytime.

Forum is hard to start, hard to have it, but if it grows, it maintains itself.

inconclusion:
Blog is a baby that would never grow to take care of itself.

But a forum has poor growth, but when grown, it would take care of itself.

Seems you are the only person that understands Op's question..

2 Likes

Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by Tlake(m): 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2015
in everything you do,you have to be creative .since there are forums and blogs everywhere ,its best to create a forum or blog and add other activities e.g movies, music, genuine sport beting tips hotels.properties lots more ,both r good its all about creativity,dedication, investment
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by tgmservice: 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2015
Though forum have better growth capacity. But I will go 4 blogs because if u write good contents people will always visit ur blog. But as for a forum it likely going to take years to create something that will compete with nairaland for registered users

2 Likes

Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2015
if you are just starting, then blog is easier.... wordpress or and you are good to go.
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
Its my day abeg show me love with ur likes. Forum is easier.

2 Likes

Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by petux(m): 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2015
miqos02:
miqos02:
miqos02:
m nt sure bout dhat i tink so with d way she do flaunt wealth
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 27, 2015
i also believe she is earning a lot more than nairaland even though nairaland has more traffic...the thing is big companies like unilever and mtn are advertising on her website and are paying her lots of money.

miqos02:
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by stanliwise(m): 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2015
miqos02:
a forum will never take care of itself, ask seun osewa

Why, how often do seun osewa change anything on nairaland forum.
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by miqos02(m): 7:14pm On Nov 27, 2015
petux:

m nt sure bout dhat i tink so with d way she do flaunt wealth
the wealth show off helps her to get more traffic, its a strategy
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by miqos02(m): 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2015
stanliwise:

Why, how often do seun osewa change anything on nairaland forum.
do u observe how many times Nairaland crashes sometimes, even though it may be not more than few seconds? say 10 to 15 secs, if Seun is not always around, u for don't hear am
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by miqos02(m): 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2015
TeeOw:
i also believe she is earning a lot more than nairaland even though nairaland has more traffic...the thing is big companies like unilever and mtn are advertising on her website and are paying her lots of money.

Seun can do it too but I don't think the guy is after money
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2015
Blog all the way. There are many topics you can create a blog around and have constant readers.
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by ipreach: 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
blog is in my blood

check my signature below and see what i mean
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by kevlynoluchi: 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2015
tomdon : 11:24am
It seems obvious that blog is way easier and cheaper to
operate and maintain
pls can we also know the means of making money
and I wanna know who has more doe between Linda
and Seun
and why it seems that Linda is exponentially richer than
Seun.
abeg who talk this tins do u knw Seun net worth abeg abeg abeg no dare compare am with linda which levels b dat one na Na becos Linda don buy house for banana island u com dey yan tori wey no follow
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by stanliwise(m): 11:08am On Dec 04, 2015
miqos02:
do u observe how many times Nairaland crashes sometimes, even though it may be not more than few seconds? say 10 to 15 secs, if Seun is not always around, u for don't hear am
Crash kor, crash ni; Na airplane.
U do more than 3 times more than with a blog and you must be so so updated.
Re: Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 04, 2015
Forums might take time to lift off the ground but a better long term investment, blogs are read and pass no one comes to a blog to stay for 3 hours everyday but a forum many people can stay here all day just look at nairaland who is online stats on average so social forums have huge monetization potential similar to social networks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Adsense Policies People Dont Take Serious / *Become A CERTIFIED PAYPAL/ECURRENCIES AGENT etc & Earn a STEADY Income Daily! / How To Post On A Blog With Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.