Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Those Who Scripturalize Poverty!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Who Scripturalize Poverty!!! (337 Views)

Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke / Daddy Freeze Tithe Against Poverty (TAP) Challenge: Lady Gives One Million Naira / Tithe Against Poverty Challenge By Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Those Who Scripturalize Poverty!!! by sterlinboy(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2015
Over the years, I have seen believers who scripturalize poverty and some other went ahead to povertize their scripture, you only need to check their bible to see their AOC-Area of Concentration, duly underlined with pen, places like ''go ye to the rich and tell them to wail and cry for the destruction ahead'', other places like, ''for it is impossible for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven''. So gullible to think when Paul use the Language SUFFER for christ, they received it with joy as if it's referring to financial lack. Infact they they manage and manage, buying credit on credit using unnecessary scriptures as collateral.

When they see anyone using good vehicle, they shake their heads and conclude, ''please Lord have mercy on him, because this must be a sign of end time'' what an heresy!!!

When you pick a text from the context, it becomes a pretext. Jesus was referring to ungodly people depending on their wealth and without regards for God. It's always good to follow the whole scriptural truth. A man can live in lack of so many good things yet living righteously, what he lacks is not God's presence but God's principle for wealthy living. There is a commonwealth in Zion, its a covenant. If care is not taken, one can go extreme by saying Everyone MUST be financially Rich, thats another deception. The truth is neither materialism nor the Lack dictates the presence of God, what dictates God's presence is Living by the Principle of the Word. Joseph was imprisoned, yet He Prospers. Modern day preachers also missed it by making materialism as Prosperity.

The literal status of a minister should not influence his ministration. That he trekked several years to church should not stop him preaching the truth, that God will provide all the NEEDS according to his riches in glory, also that another flew with jets to nations should not stop him from preaching the truth about our trying moment as believers.

The word rich is meaningless without the existence of the Word Poor. Jesus even said, the poor you will always have among you. My friend, there is still what God called the TRUE RICHES, Luke 16:11. Only By His WORD. May God help us to discover it
Re: Those Who Scripturalize Poverty!!! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2015
I don't care what my pastor or anyone says,

I MUST MAKE MONEY!!

(1) (Reply)

Christmas / Thank God. / Flying With Chickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.