Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

5 Reasons Why I Won't Date A Wtf Guy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why I Won't Date A Wtf Guy (507 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'I Won't Stop Cursing Killers & Sponsors, Upload It On YouTube' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why I Won't Date A Wtf Guy by constellation: 10:14am On Nov 28, 2015
The tongue is one powerful organ of the body. And you couldn’t even tell by the size of it. As small as it is it saved one thief on the cross and damned the other, lost Queen Vashti a crown, led Joseph to a pit and made me lose friends. To my lasting shame. Words are never just words. Remember God spoke the earth into existence.
But before I get into all that I want to talk boys. Precisely boys who curse, swear, or live and breathe profanities. Why do they feel the need to express themselves in vulgarities? Personally I find it;
JUVENILE- yes it’s childish to spout nonsense just to show you learned some big words and can deliver them at will.
DISRESPECTFUL- given that most curse or swear words take God’s name in vain, are sexually oriented, often gender biased, and relating to waste elimination.
UNORIGINAL- Fake! Because we borrowed the English Language doesn’t mean we have to borrow everything else. Letting movies and music dictate how you speak and what you say is taking it too far. And there’s nothing tough guy about vomiting swear words here and there.
CLASSLESS- gutter language should be left in the gutter don’t you think. It’s embarrassing for someone’s choice language to be that which deliberately shocks and offends.
LIMITING- often the argument is that’s the best way to express oneself at the time. Well too bad. The filth must be coming from the inside. Seriously though if the English vocabulary is suddenly exhaustive for your expressions why not delve into your dialect. After all there are French and Spanish words in the dictionary.
Guys who feel the need to be offensive to my tender sensibilities, I steer clear of. I steer clear of girls who favor this unwarranted vocabulary too. I really see no need for it. But maybe you do. Maybe you see nothing wrong there. In Matthew 12:37 Jesus says we will account for every careless word we speak.
A while back being a rap girl with a preference for Ja Rule, Eminem, Tupac and DMX, I unconsciously found myself slipping into swear speak. And it came so easily into my conversations I was shocked. It was a struggle trying to keep myself from saying those words I’d learned, because suddenly they were the best fit for my sentences. Luckily for me the wake-up call came before I was hooked.
However I am still guilty of a lot more than swearing or cursing. In researching for this post, I got to know more about unwholesome talk(2 Tim 2:16), quarrelling(2 Tim 2:14), lying tongue(Zephaniah 3:13), uncontrolled tongue(James 1:26), and foolish arguments(2 Tim 2:23).
So it’s not just foul language that is unbecoming of us, empty words, ungodly chatter, malicious words, slander, and gossiping are right there too. Gossiping  is a personal favourite of mine. It’s time gisting meant more than discussing someone else negatively.
A form of profanities we may be ignorant of are minced oaths and general expressions with God in them used inappropriately. Have you ever said bloody, blimey, by jove, drat, darn/damn, gee, jeez, freaking, fig, Jesus wept, gosh, heck, my God, God almighty, Christ’s sakes and so on. These are veiled forms of cursing and swearing. Simply whitewashing.
James says no man can tame the tongue. So true. But if we ask of God His grace, I am certain this is beatable and controllable. If that is what we want of course.
We have not and will never be saved by our deeds. It is grace that functions on our behalf. Having been saved, we are called to be set apart, perfecting holiness out of reverence for our God.
Stop the cursing. It edifies not. Talking about God’s wondrous works does. Death and life are in the power of your tongue, imagine the possibilities, and this is what you choose?

culled from www.christianandconfused.
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Won't Date A Wtf Guy by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 28, 2015
I agree. Crass and vulgar language is a sign of a lack of manners, very off-putting.

It is better to mingle with cool people who don't freak out like a lunatic. grin cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Won't Date A Wtf Guy by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 28, 2015
Mindfulness:
I agree. Crass and vulgar language is a sign of a lack of manners, very off-putting.

It is better to mingle with cool people who don't freak out like a lunatic. grin cool
Wat Da Fvck are you all blabbing about? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why I Won't Date A Wtf Guy by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nice one!

(1) (Reply)

Deepelife December Retreat Program / When The Church Is No More Conducive / Nairaland For Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.